• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Magnet Cove Coach?????

Started by wawa111, December 06, 2005, 10:50:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

wawa111

I have heard their coach may be leaving...this is just hearsay...i am just trying to see if it is true or not.......THIS IS NOT SAYING THAT HE IS LEAVING....i am just seeing if there is any truth to the rumor...

loyal fan

texashog

Wasn't Magnet Cove back in the playoffs this year?  That's one place I would have liked to coach when I was in Arkansas.  Don't know him but he must be a good coach.  I know reading on here his kids support him.  Good luck to both coach and school if it's true,  maybe he'll mkove to a bigger school and they will continue to improve!

ReadyReddie

MCPanthersQB20

I graduated from magnet last year and I don't think coach arthur is leaving but I will find out today and let you guys know and for all who are going to henderson next year for football or baseball i will see you on the field

ReadyReddie

givemeabreak

Can anyone confirm this roomer?

ReadyReddie

He probably has some options but most coaches do this time of year.

Dayton Kitchens

I played against Richie Arthur when he was Bismarks quarterback and punter.

He lettered for several years at HSU as a punter I believe.

wawa111

I have now heard that Sheridain's coach is trying to get out and if he does Arthur wants to go there...anyone know anything about this?

mc

I've heard from a very reliable source that Coach Arthur isn't going anywhere.  He always has taught us not to take it easy, if it was easy anyone would do it.  It would be too easy for him to leave after losing 12 senoirs, he's going to stay around.

ReadyReddie

Why would he want to go to Sheridan? They have a good coach.

ReadyReddie

Whats the latest on Arthur. Is he going or staying?

TurkeyHunter

I played for coach Arthur in the 9th grade when i was at bismarck he is a great coach who really knows his stuff i thank he will atay at the cove till he builds some more tradition

The Juiceman

What is the MC conference looking like for next year.  If they get stuck with some biger schools he may be thinking of leaving BC of that. 

ExOutlaw

From what I have heard, Arthur says he wants to stay at the Cove. Most people I know would be surprised if he leaves. Why not stay & play for a state Championship in a few...  If he does not leave now. He won't.

Perry_Mc

Coach Arthur isnt going anywhere.  He's staying at MC.  The whole leaving thing is a rumor. 

ronmexico

He is NOT leaving.  Yep, it's just a rumor...

wawa111

Good deal! Thanks for the info. I just wanted to know if it was a rumor or true. Thanks

givemeabreak

Quote from: ExOutlaw on December 20, 2005, 06:12:49 pm
From what I have heard, Arthur says he wants to stay at the Cove. Most people I know would be surprised if he leaves. Why not stay & play for a state Championship in a few... If he does not leave now. He won't.

You're kidding right?..... State Championship? 
They'll be lucky to win the conf. they're going into.

ExOutlaw

Kaleb_QB8

Arthur is being looked at for the Sheridan job

givemeabreak

Quote from: Kaleb_QB8 on January 16, 2006, 08:04:36 pm
Arthur is being looked at for the Sheridan job

But is he interested?

Kaleb_QB8

The Juiceman

of course he is.  Bigger school, more press, more money.

PPRD

January 19, 2006, 10:29:31 am #25 Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 10:44:08 am by PPRD
Money, money, money... It will get 'em every time. It has pulled some very good coaches away from seemingly permanent positions only to leave them on the chopping block in 3 years.

The Juiceman

Yeah if you go to a bad program, it can cause you problems...and you usually only know they are bad once you are there.  they put on their best face while you interview and once you are hired you see all the real problems.

PPRD

Sources in Sheridan say Arthur gets his interview this week. Maybe today? It's the money baby, it's the money...

givemeabreak

If Arthur leaves will they hire Ronnie Efird to replace him?

PPRD

Coach Efird would be a worthy candidate. I don't know much about the current administration, their agenda, or hiring practices. Isn't Webb still on staff as well?  I would guess they would hire from the outside though.

givemeabreak

Didn't they fire Webb b/c he could not get the job done in football?

ExOutlaw

No, they did not fire Coach Webb... He is on staff and is the defensive coordinator & does a great job. Took a step back because he wants to be there. He ran out of Jim's & Joe's. Not X's & O's...

Perry_Mc

Webb does a great job as defensive coordinator. He is also head coach of the baseball team and took them to the state tournament last year after going undefeated in conference and regionals..look for them to be going back this year too.

mc

Coach Webb wanted to step down from the Athletic Director moreso than the Football coach b/c he wanted to watch his daughters more.  Plus Webbs last year as a head coach he had 1 real assistant and 3 volunteer parents for assistants.  Really was an unfair situation but seemed to turn out for the best.

wawa111

I would think if they offer it to him that he will take the job...like you all said money, money, money...and its a big school that will get more pub if he does good.

mc

Any1 from Sheridan have an update b/c us at Magnet have no clue.

Kaleb_QB8

Quote from: The Champ Is Here on February 06, 2006, 08:33:34 pm
Any1 from Sheridan have an update b/c us at Magnet have no clue.

Really everyone can speculate, but no one knows expect the coaching staff and administration because their not letting anything out... Trust me, I'm best friend's with the AD's daughter, nothings being said at ALL...

The Juiceman

sheridan wont come up with enough money to get him to go.

R. A.™

Quote from: The Juiceman on February 07, 2006, 07:48:44 am
sheridan wont come up with enough money to get him to go.

Yeah they can, Sheridan coach makes about $6,000 more than Magnet Cove's, and the Sheridan coach is not the AD and so you knock off the AD stipend from the Magnet Cove Coach's salary there is a $12,000  difference. So I bet sheridan can come up with enough (more than the $6,000) to get him if they want!

Before you ask, the salary information is from the school websites as required by state law.

The Juiceman

I didnt say they couldnt, I said they wont...
Also, I think he would need more than 6000.  Remember SHeridan isnt very good and he would be taking a huge risk going to a school with such poor tradition. 
I also know you can look up any govt. employee on the internet and at the county courthouse in most districts,
But I dont think MC will be good next year either.

R. A.™

I don't know, but the lure of going to 6A from AA (or 3A, whichever it is now) may be the deciding factor, but I figure he would want to stay close to home (Bismarck) and the horses!!

wawa111

I think Arthur would be crazy not to take the job(if offered)...nothing against the cove, but 6A football pay is going to be better than AA...maybe it won't be the money, but for 99.9% of today's people it is all about the money, I see him announcing in a couple days that he will be leaving...

footballfan-tastic

All the stories, what few there are, say they have offered the stuttgart coach.

wawa111

I have heard that they offered him, but I really don't think he will take it...he would be leaving a good football program, to come to a not so good program...I see MC coach taking the job before the end of the week...

The Juiceman

But you have to remeber, he could go to SHS and go 15-25 easily...they arent good.  That would put him in a worse situation.  Maybe he could turn them around.  But he will need to really look at the situation and assess the commun ity and talent and administration support. 

wawa111

I just don't think it would be worth it for BB to leave and take a chance like that. That could hurt his career. Not that everyone would look at that and say he is bad because he couldn't turn it around, but it sure wouldn't look as good as having a winning team.

The Juiceman

I dont think a coach can tunr it around there  Many have tried and they have tarnished records for it.

Juice-Man

Juiceman, I'm curious to know as how you got your name?

The Juiceman

nick name, how did you get yours.

mc

All these predictions are getting on my nerves, I'm ready to get a real update on wait Coach Arthur is going to do.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas