• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Earle at BIC

Started by herws, February 03, 2006, 01:21:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

herws

This game is tonight at BIC on senior night. Gonna be a good game, but BIC wins at home by 7. In two weeks however, at Earle, the outcome will be different.

Neabbfan

I agree, BIC wins tonight, but by a 14 to 18 point margin..  During Regionals, Maynard beats Earle and loses to BIC in the championship game.  But I could be wrong....Just thinking out loud.

Now before everyone gets uptight, I just like the matchup between Maynard and Earle.  I think that Maynard can handle the quick paced game, and their outside shooting will give Earle fits... I see this as a huge upset.

herws

Playing at a pace that Earle plays in their gym with inferior athletes isn't a smart move. 

John M.

I don't see Maynard beating Earle at Earle.They don't have a leader on the team that can calm everyone down in a hostile enviroment.I'm personally not sold on them making it to regionals until I see how the bracket works out.

As far as regional tourney goes I could see BIC being upset before Earle but I  think they both make state.

Tonight BIC 69 Earle 61             Brooks Taylor 29 pts  Aramie Brooks 21 pts

herws

I agree with that assessment. But I guess the Danville boys already knew that since you and I have an alliance. 8)

John M.

Got to love the folks from Danville :DIf somehow they make it to state and face BIC or Earle I'll have to try and make it down and set right in the middle of 'em.

Oh,last prediction of the night,the refs will suck at BIC tonight no matter who your rooting for..........and....okay I'll say Brooks gets out the gym tonight without getting a T in his final home game.I'm a little concerned about that last pick ;D

wonderboys

Quote from: herws on February 03, 2006, 03:09:55 pm
I agree with that assessment. But I guess the Danville boys already knew that since you and I have an alliance. 8)

holler

Neabbfan

Quote from: John M. on February 03, 2006, 03:04:28 pm.I'm personally not sold on them making it to regionals until I see how the bracket works out.

Maynard is already set to advance to Regionals by finishing 2nd in conference.  The side of the bracket they end up on depends where they finish 1-4 in district.

John M.

My bad Neabbfan........I forgot top 4 to regionals top 2 to state.So Maynard and BIC are locks.

herws

herws

herws

6:40 in 2nd 15-9 Earle. They just T'ed Bill up.

herws

21-11 Earle with 5:45 in 2nd.

herws

27-16 Earle 4:00 in 2nd

herws

herws

6:30 in 3rd 38-32 Earle

herws

4:00 in 3rd 42-32 Earle

herws

47-42 Earle, end of 3rd

herws

7:00 in 4th 54-45 Earle

herws

6:06 in 4th, 54-49 Earle. Brooks Taylor is picking his game up and has been going to the rack.

herws

58-54, Earle 5:15 left, these cats are going at it.

herws

herws

59 seconds left, earle by 12.

61 game streak in jeopardy. You can hear the chant ..........Eaaaaaaaaaaaaaarle BuuuuuuuuuuuullDaaaaaaaaaawgs.

herws

72-63 Earle 38 seconds left.

herws

February 03, 2006, 10:07:40 pm #24 Last Edit: February 03, 2006, 10:11:00 pm by herws
final 73-66 earle. This was  GREAT game to listen to.

John M.

I wonder what the ft totals were.I was at the game and don't think BIC ever shot a 1 and 1 all night.Not trying to take anything away from Earle their guards stepped up and answered every challenge.But this was not your usual home court advantage game.If BIC played at Earle I don't believe Earle could ask for game called more to their liking.

If Earle's guards can shoot the open J like they did tonight and have Brooks be a solid force down low this team can win it all.No way a team other than BIC can knock them out of the regionals.If a team from the 3AA North wants to advance to State they'd better get in the opposite side of the bracket from Earle.

herws

Including Maynard................. ;D

John M.

No way Maynard can handle Earle's defensive pressure.BIC had trouble with it last night and they've faced that kind of pressure before, Maynard has not.

Oh,BIC shot 10 ft's last night.5 shooting fouls,never got in the bonus.I believe Earle shot 25 ft's but made only 12.

Nash Fan

Did both these teams play man to man.  Does Earle press?  Herws, I know you got some love for at least one Danville guy.  he said yall go way back.  I know Brooks might be the best AA player in the state but how good are the other ones?

Wraith

I have been telling these people all along that Earle and BIC are the real deal and I don't think they will get beat in State.  Until they play each other for the 4th time.  (twice already, 1 more in regionals, and 1 more in state.

herws

Yeah me and Boogaloo have connections...................... ;)

Earle presses and does it well, they mixed it up last night and didn't press much at the end of the game.

Brooks is the second best player in AA behind James Anderson.

John M.

Actually Earle played man-to-man all night and pressed about 1/2 the game.BIC played primarily zone until the 2nd half when they started pressing and playing mam-to-man.

They have a good group of roll players but no one player that can be counted on night in and night out to score in double figures.

If Earle is allowed to play their game,physical with hand checking,I don't believe anyone in AA can beat them.Their guards really impressed me last night everytime BIC made a run 1 of 3 different guards would come down and calmly sink a J.

herws

I don't think Earles guards are that good of shooters but stepped it up last night and played well. The big man inside helped out on D with points in the paint.

John M.

Quote from: herws on February 04, 2006, 02:27:32 pm
I don't think Earles guards are that good of shooters but stepped it up last night and played well. The big man inside helped out on D with points in the paint.

I didn't think their guards were that good either but they stepped up big time last night.Aramie was solid 16pts at least 10 boards and real factor in the paint.

HOGDOG

Great Job Earle- always good to hear about pops and son losing at BIC. I bet pops was livid that woiuld have been fun to see. Good Job Coach Real!!!!!!!!!!!

neafan

It's difficult to believe anyone can go to Earle and beat them in the regional.  BIC needs to make sure they take care of business in the district tourney so they don't have to play Earle in the semis instead of the final.

John M.

Quote from: neafan on February 06, 2006, 08:20:02 am
It's difficult to believe anyone can go to Earle and beat them in the regional. BIC needs to make sure they take care of business in the district tourney so they don't have to play Earle in the semis instead of the final.

That's a fact!A slip up in district could be fatal.

herwschamp

Good job Earl but can any body tell us why Brooks would play Earl but not Hughes?

herws

What???? What rock have you been under?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas