• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Maumelle people - QB question

Started by Chief_Osceola™, July 18, 2014, 08:24:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Chief_Osceola™

Or someone not from Maumelle who may know - why is Tyshun not mentioned in Hootens? Did he transfer? Is he injured? Is he not eligible? J.B. was listed as the QB. I've been out of the loop all summer and haven't seen or spoken to any of the coaches.

Go Postal

Chief, thanks for reminding me about Hootens.  Still coming out of the World Cup mode and getting into American Football mode.  I'm curious about this also.

Chief_Osceola™

I mean, it's sad - I live in Maumelle but I have zero information. I've been under a rock all summer.

Go Postal

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on July 18, 2014, 08:31:36 pm
I mean, it's sad - I live in Maumelle but I have zero information. I've been under a rock all summer.
Heck, pantherblue now lives in Maumelle.  Not sure if he will be for Maumelle or still Greenbrier this season in the West.  Maybe he might know something.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Go Postal on July 18, 2014, 08:40:54 pm
Heck, pantherblue now lives in Maumelle.  Not sure if he will be for Maumelle or still Greenbrier this season in the West.  Maybe he might know something.

Well, if he's gonna live in Maumelle he better change his name to hornetred or hornetblack or else I'm gonna find his house and TP it every week of football season and twice the week we play Greenbrier.

pantherblue

I don't live far from Maumelle HS but will still follow Greenbrier this year. Haven't heard much about Maumelle either Cheif. But will definitely be at the Hornet/Panther game!!!

pantherblue

And Chief why are you busting my chops when you are still Chief Osceola??  LOL

Chief_Osceola™

I was told to expect multiple Little Rock kids to not return to Maumelle this fall.  Something to do with fewer bus routes.  I'm not sure if the kid you're referring to is from Little Rock or Maumelle but that might be the reason.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: 72113 on July 21, 2014, 12:59:29 pm
I was told to expect multiple Little Rock kids to not return to Maumelle this fall.  Something to do with fewer bus routes.  I'm not sure if the kid you're referring to is from Little Rock or Maumelle but that might be the reason.

It's the same with the middle school.  If I remember correctly, the kids can still go to Maumelle if they previously attended, but they either aren't guaranteed the same bus route, or they will have to provide their own transportation.  I can't remember which.  However, if they decide to go to another school, they no longer have their 'grandfathered' status at Maumelle.  I'm not sure how big of an impact it will have, as I don't know how many of the kids from last year won't be back, but I know that particular loss will be felt.  J.B. is a great athlete but I can't see them being able to throw downfield as much.  They could potentially be very successful with read options and short passes in space though.

OLDSCHOOL82

Is the same coaching staff still in place?

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on July 21, 2014, 02:06:01 pm

Yes, as far as I know.  I really wish the middle school coach was on the high school staff though in some capacity.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on July 21, 2014, 02:10:02 pm
Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on July 21, 2014, 02:06:01 pm

Yes, as far as I know.  I really wish the middle school coach was on the high school staff though in some capacity.

Well, it happened - the middle school coach got promoted to the high school staff, which is good for the high school.  Bad for the middle school though as they will now have to scramble to find a replacement right as practice is about to start.  Fortunately the 8th grade has a lot of talent so they shouldn't be behind the 8-ball too bad.  Also I heard today that Tyshun is back this fall, which is good for the offense because now J.B. can stay at running back.  Hopefully we'll be able to build on last year's run and make it to the playoffs again.

MoTownDog

What! Pantherblue no longer a Greenweirdian?  I thought it you weren't from Greenbrier you were a nobody. How will Maumelle handle this superior human?

DogsWin7

Go Postal

pantherblue will probably be at some of the 'brier, veagle (due to IYG will probably be there) and GOBS (has family in Valley Springs) games between golf courses.  Maybe some Maumelle games also.  Remember, he's an old fart like IYG and me, how better to keep out of trouble on a Friday night by going to a local football game. ;D

How many kids did Maumelle have out yesterday?

pantherblue

Love Friday golf and Friday night football.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: 72113 on August 05, 2014, 08:54:40 am
How many kids did Maumelle have out yesterday?

I'm not sure what their numbers look like this year.  I haven't been able to make it out to any practices.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: pantherblue on August 07, 2014, 08:40:11 pm
Love Friday golf and Friday night football.

Which course do you play at?  CC of Arkansas or Maumelle CC?

Coach Mac D

I heard the quarterback wasn't playing tonight. Any word on situation?

pantherblue

I'm a member at Eagle Hill so mostly Lindsey courses.

InYoGrill

Quote from: MoTownDog on August 04, 2014, 01:12:09 pm

What! Pantherblue no longer a Greenweirdian?  I thought it you weren't from Greenbrier you were a nobody. How will Maumelle handle this superior human?

Throw his sorry sack of blue bones into the river along with his clubs. He aint got anyone to cheer for but them briar cats.

pantherblue

Pretty exciting team red belly.  You know you will be at War Memorial watching them next Tuesday. 

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Coach Mac D on August 25, 2014, 10:33:29 pm

He may not even be playing QB this year. He's put on some weight and looks about the size of a RB or an H-back. Then again, he may be dinged up and they don't want him to get hurt. I guess we'll all see next Friday.

centralarfan

Democrat stated Robinson is ineligible to play this season as of Thursday.That is a total disappointment for that to happen to any kid his senior year. So JB Minx will officially be the QB this season. Good luck Hornets!

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: centralarfan on August 26, 2014, 01:53:07 pm
Democrat stated Robinson is ineligible to play this season as of Thursday.That is a total disappointment for that to happen to any kid his senior year. So JB Minx will officially be the QB this season. Good luck Hornets!

This must be a new development, because last Friday he was part of the roster called out at the Hornet Swarm.  That's a shame, because he was really good.  Oh well, JB will do fine.  We won't stretch the field vertically very much, but we should have some success with the quick passes and zone reads.

DogsWin7

Ineligible?  As in grades?   And IF so, why wouldn't that have been caught before school was out?   Sad, if it's true and can he not be in SIP?

OLDSCHOOL82

That does not sound right.  They would of known that at the end of last school year. 

DogsWin7

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on August 27, 2014, 11:10:36 am
That does not sound right.  They would of known that at the end of last school year.
That's what I was thinking too. 

centralarfan

The Democrat has been doing articles on Pulaski County schools for the past few weeks. The Maumelle article was in Sunday's sport page. It stated Robinson would not be playing this season. I am not sure about what options could have been taken. But it list J.B. Minx as the starting QB. I asked around before the end of last school year to find out what was going on. I never found out. The article is there for any and everybody to read. It is definitely a shame to all involved (the kid, the team, school, and fans). Its rare you see any kid that is ineligible his senior season.

Go Postal

Quote from: centralarfan on August 27, 2014, 01:44:06 pm
The Democrat has been doing articles on Pulaski County schools for the past few weeks. The Maumelle article was in Sunday's sport page. It stated Robinson would not be playing this season. I am not sure about what options could have been taken. But it list J.B. Minx as the starting QB. I asked around before the end of last school year to find out what was going on. I never found out. The article is there for any and everybody to read. It is definitely a shame to all involved (the kid, the team, school, and fans). Its rare you see any kid that is ineligible his senior season.
It is a shame that he can't play during his senior year.  I know that Maumelle is not a private school and don't follow under those AAA rules, so whatever the reason, it is a upsetting that he can't play during his senior year.

Go Postal

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on August 27, 2014, 08:50:33 pm
Huh?
You know, my buddette. I always look to the status of the cosmos in anything.  I was referring to the 365 rule or any other rule that private schools have to follow. ;)

hawgrule

They could have possibly been counting on summer school grades.  Ooooor the coaching staff just now checked into it.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas