• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jacksonville

Started by GotInfo?, May 09, 2014, 09:32:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GotInfo?

Did the Jacksonville HC job come open? If so, what happened?

hogwild29

Yes it did coach Russell left to take care of his mother

football nut

Hopefully the folks at Jacksonville will consider elevating Coach Thrash to the HC. Certainly a young man that demonstrates hard work and dedication in everything he does.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: football nut on May 11, 2014, 12:48:45 pm
Hopefully the folks at Jacksonville will consider elevating Coach Thrash to the HC. Certainly a young man that demonstrates hard work and dedication in everything he does.

........he play at PA?

football nut

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on May 11, 2014, 06:52:35 pm

........he play at PA?

Yes

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: football nut on May 11, 2014, 09:10:02 pm
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on May 11, 2014, 06:52:35 pm

........he play at PA?

Yes

I'm getting old.

Is it Thomas or Adam?   Never mind, googled it.

loyal fan

GotInfo?

This job has been quiet....I am sure with the school separating for PCSD after next year opens this one up to some good candidates.

Coach Mac D

May 15, 2014, 08:15:06 pm #8 Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 08:18:41 pm by Coach Mac D
This is not fact but what I can gather.

Community votes in September on staying in PCSSD or starting a new district. If community approves its own district, then voting for school board members will occur. Then the school board will need to hire a superintendent (plenty of experienced well respected possibilities). After that the domino of who stays with PCSSD or goes with new district will be up to faculty and staff. The time table is two more years in PCSSD, with the last year being mentored by PCSSD. Some very important and experienced leaders would like to fast track the two year plan. Those people know what they are doing and probably can fast track it.

One. Does community want their own school district?
Two. Who represents each zone on their school board?
Three. Hire superintendent. Then divide staff and pray no rifting on either side occurs down the line.

From my calculations joining North Pulaski and Jacksonville will make the numbers in the lower 6A classification. I'm not sure where the zoning lines are and how many students from the north Pulaski area will be sent to Sylvan Hills or New Jacksonville/North Pulaski School District. Northwood will stay with PCSSD and feed Sylvan Hills. So its hard for me to calculate these numbers. It's not as easy as adding North Pulaski high School numbers with Jacksonville High School Numbers.

If I am wrong please correct me.

hogwild29

Any updates on the job

JohnBarleycorn

Interviews begin tomorrow.

Titan Spirit

who all is interviewing?

hogwild29

Barry hickingbotham is new coach

centralarfan

Who is he? What does his resume consist of?

hogwild29

Hickingbotham is a 1987 graduate of Jacksonville and rejoins his alma mater after spending last season as OC at atkins

Hank Hawk

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas