• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wynne getting artificial turf

Started by playmaker04, May 03, 2014, 11:31:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

stinger1

how many days behind has rain set the project behind.

walkingguy72396

Did the Jackets actually play a spring game.  Seen the work had started already by the date it was suppose to take place.

Uncle Ivan

Keeps raining like this, it'll definitely set the project back.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on June 11, 2014, 05:22:53 pm
Did the Jackets actually play a spring game.  Seen the work had started already by the date it was suppose to take place.

Limited, on the practice field.

ricepig

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on June 12, 2014, 12:10:38 am
Keeps raining like this, it'll definitely set the project back.

It did this last summer too, they were about a month behind finishing Jonesboro's. It doesn't take them long once they start laying the turf.

Hoghead

The Trailer Park is getting fake grass. You have got to Love that !

wynneaholic©

Quote from: Hoghead on June 12, 2014, 08:04:47 am
If we are a trailer park then hope must be HUD apartments!!!!

Hoghead

Quote from: wynneaholic© on June 18, 2014, 01:09:14 pm

Hope's stadium before they got turf was still 100 times better than Wynne's. That ditch the Yellowjackets play in with the visitor side trailer press box is a joke. Turf will only enhance the warm bumpkinville look of that place. Fix that death trap track around that cow pasture while you're at it. Hope clearly has the better stadium.

GuvHog

Quote from: Hoghead on June 18, 2014, 04:17:44 pm

Hope's stadium before they got turf was still 100 times better than Wynne's. That ditch the Yellowjackets play in with the visitor side trailer press box is a joke. Turf will only enhance the warm bumpkinville look of that place. Fix that death trap track around that cow pasture while you're at it. Hope clearly has the better stadium.

Funny how you can pick at someone from Wynne about fixing their track when Hope doesn't even HAVE a track. Hypocrisy???

Hoghead

June 19, 2014, 11:01:40 am #59 Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 11:06:33 am by Hoghead
Quote from: GuvHog on June 19, 2014, 09:12:43 am

Funny how you can pick at someone from Wynne about fixing their track when Hope doesn't even HAVE a track. Hypocrisy???
Funny how there's a large TRACK around Hope's outdoor practice field. People use it everyday. Its been there forever. No Hammons Stadium doesn't have a track around it. But Hope has always had a Track & Field area. Speak what you know Guvhog and stop guessing ! Hope still has a better stadium than Wynne. Look behind the North End Zone and Next to the  Bobcat Dome Indoor
football facility and you will see a LARGE Track Guvhog !!!

GuvHog

Quote from: Hoghead on June 19, 2014, 11:01:40 am

Funny how there's a large TRACK around Hope's outdoor practice field. People use it everyday. Its been there forever. No Hammons Stadium doesn't have a track around it. But Hope has always had a Track & Field area. Speak what you know Guvhog and stop guessing ! Hope still has a better stadium than Wynne. Look behind the North End Zone and Next to the  Bobcat Dome Indoor

Yes, Hope has a place to practice their track events but they don't have a track facility to hold a track meet on. THAT'S what I was referring to.

Hoghead

June 19, 2014, 07:27:22 pm #61 Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 07:36:33 pm by Hoghead
Quote from: GuvHog on June 19, 2014, 06:40:07 pm

Yes, Hope has a place to practice their track events but they don't have a track facility to hold a track meet on. THAT'S what I was referring to.

No, don't crawfish and add words now Guvhog. You didn't know that Track Area was there. Hence your post of saying Hope doesn't EVEN have a track. They do have one, regardless if they hold track meets or not. Its a lighted track facility at that.  It can be set up to run a track meet if needed. You didn't know what you were talking about. Congrats on Wynne turfing out their stadium. When will WONDER Stadium at Watson Chapel be finished ?

GuvHog

Quote from: Hoghead on June 19, 2014, 07:27:22 pm

No, don't crawfish and add words now Guvhog. You didn't know that Track Area was there. Hence your post of saying Hope doesn't EVEN have a track. They do have one, regardless if they hold track meets or not. Its a lighted track facility at that.  It can be set up to run a track meet if needed. You didn't know what you were talking about. Congrats on Wynne turfing out their stadium. When will WONDER Stadium at Watson Chapel be finished ?

Yes, I knew the track practice area was there. I came to Hope for the WC-Hope football game and saw it. Don't you remember that we both sat on the visitors side about 1 section apart and never met???

btownbomber

Quote from: wynneaholic© on June 07, 2014, 06:41:26 pm
I understand there is a childress in the 6th or 7th grade that is 5-7 or 5-8 and
is lightning fast.......I don't think the childress in Batesville nor the brown in Newport tree will ever run out of new branches!!
Sure he won't end up at B'ville Southside? lol ;)

Hoghead

Quote from: GuvHog on June 20, 2014, 10:14:18 am

Yes, I knew the track practice area was there. I came to Hope for the WC-Hope football game and saw it. Don't you remember that we both sat on the visitors side about 1 section apart and never met???

Yes, I remember.  But for you to post Hope doesn't even have a track and you say you saw the track is crazy. Heck everyone whose been to Hope knows that track facility is behind the North End Zone.

GuvHog

Quote from: Hoghead on June 20, 2014, 01:23:57 pm
Quote from: GuvHog on June 20, 2014, 10:14:18 am

Yes, I remember.  But for you to post Hope doesn't even have a track and you say you saw the track is crazy. Heck everyone whose been to Hope knows that track facility is behind the North End Zone.

Then let me rephrase: There is not a COMPETITION track at Hope, only a practice facility.

Hoghead

^^^^Neither is the one in Wynne. So what's your point ?

walkingguy72396

Wynne hosts track and field events.  Not many show up to watch, but they host them.

Hoghead

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on June 20, 2014, 06:26:32 pm
Wynne hosts track and field events.  Not many show up to watch, but they host them.

Surprisingly, it looks dormant.

AirWarren

Leave the good folks from wynne alone hog, ha.

HorseFeathers

So...Did the QB from Wynne commit to Cincinatti, or is that something that randomly popped up on my Facebook feed that's old? Like the liveblog link to the 2A through 4A state title games from last december...

jr17

On another note, saw Wynne yesterday at the Shootout of the South.  Their QB impressed me, very quick release and delivered accurate passes. Wondering f I could get some background info. Any exposure?

Hoghead

June 21, 2014, 12:04:27 pm #72 Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 12:13:43 pm by Hoghead
Quote from: AirWarren on June 20, 2014, 10:45:37 pm

I will. Glad they're turfing that place. It used to turn into mud soup up there when it rained. I'll stop giving your buddy Guvhog the business about Hope NOT EVEN having a track complex even though Hope has had a track complex for over 50 years ! Hammons Stadium was built without a track in the 30's to get the fans seated closer to the game.

ricepig

Quote from: jr17 on June 21, 2014, 09:04:08 am
On another note, saw Wynne yesterday at the Shootout of the South.  Their QB impressed me, very quick release and delivered accurate passes. Wondering f I could get some background info. Any exposure?

As in exposure to the sun, anthrax, rabies? If you're talking about football, I believe he's been to several camps, listed a 4* on some sites, and as was mentioned above, committed to Cincinnati.

AirWarren

Quote from: Hoghead on June 21, 2014, 12:04:27 pm

I will. Glad they're turfing that place. It used to turn into mud soup up there when it rained. I'll stop giving your buddy Guvhog the business about Hope NOT EVEN having a track complex even though Hope has had a track complex for over 50 years ! Hammons Stadium was built without a track in the 30's to get the fans seated closer to the game.

You can run "mr. Gruden will be the next hog coach at Arkansas" guvhog as far into the dirt as you want.

GuvHog

That's a very nice stadium too. Very well built.

jr17

Thanks. Didn't see your mentioned post. Have now.

Hoghead

Quote from: jr17 on June 21, 2014, 03:28:10 pm
Thanks. Didn't see your mentioned post. Have now.

Not Wynnes Stadium. Hope's Stadium. Wynne's staduim with the turf will be better. But with the trailor park visitors side only press box, its still a mickey mouse looking joint to say the least !

FD4

Next time your in Hope's stadium, look to see how many STATE CHAMPIONSHIP banners or boards you see.  Just sayin.

Hoghead

Quote from: FD4 on June 26, 2014, 11:34:10 am
Next time your in Hope's stadium, look to see how many STATE CHAMPIONSHIP banners or boards you see.  Just sayin.

Two less than Wynne has. That place is to ugly for the beauty of your State Titles to be hung in is all Im saying. That trailer press box is too funny ! Is there more than one door on that thing ? You're a Fireman, isn't that a safety violation ? The home side has good seating. But that place is just ugly !

Big Fan

Hammons Stadium was built without a track in the 30's to get the fans seated closer to the game.
Love to watch a HS Football game at a stadium without a track around it.  A track can hurt the atmosphere.

DogsWin7

Quote from: Big Fan on June 26, 2014, 04:42:45 pm
Hammons Stadium was built without a track in the 30's to get the fans seated closer to the game.
Love to watch a HS Football game at a stadium without a track around it.  A track can hurt the atmosphere.

Like at Airedale Stadium?  :)

btownbomber

Batesville must not think that way! Spending $600,000+ on a new track on which they'll host 1 Jr. High meet and 1 Sr. High meet and about 4 practices each per year. Will make their FB field look better though!

Hoghead

Quote from: btownbomber on June 26, 2014, 05:15:13 pm
Batesville must not think that way! Spending $600,000+ on a new track on which they'll host 1 Jr. High meet and 1 Sr. High meet and about 4 practices each per year. Will make their FB field look better though!

Did they ever CENTER the visitors bleachers in Batesville ? It used to run from the 20 to the 50. Crazy set up !

playmaker04

Quote from: Hoghead on June 26, 2014, 02:06:15 pm

Two less than Wynne has. That place is to ugly for the beauty of your State Titles to be hung in is all Im saying. That trailer press box is too funny ! Is there more than one door on that thing ? You're a Fireman, isn't that a safety violation ? The home side has good seating. But that place is just ugly !
2 less than Wynne? Wynne has won 4. What years did hope win state? Never knew of them winning any.

Hoghead

Quote from: playmaker04 on July 03, 2014, 01:37:50 pm
[/quote
Quote from: playmaker04 on July 03, 2014, 01:37:50 pm

2 less than Wynne? Wynne has won 4. What years did hope win state? Never knew of them winning any.

1958  & 1963 undefeated State Champs . Its been a long time but 2 is 2. Wynne won one of theirs in 1947.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Hoghead on July 03, 2014, 08:52:57 pm
Wynne won one of theirs in 1947.

They did?  It isn't claimed, first one claimed was in 1950.  Beat Siloam.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Hoghead on June 26, 2014, 06:36:45 pm

Did they ever CENTER the visitors bleachers in Batesville ? It used to run from the 20 to the 50. Crazy set up !

At this point, they probably don't need to center them.  It's part of the charm.

Hoghead

July 04, 2014, 03:10:03 pm #88 Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 03:15:59 pm by Hoghead
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on July 04, 2014, 01:43:42 pm
Quote from: Hoghead on July 03, 2014, 08:52:57 pm
Wynne won one of theirs in 1947.

They did?  It isn't claimed, first one claimed was in 1950.  Beat Siloam.

Ok...I was 3 years off. They celebrated Hope's 1963 State Champs 50th anniversary last year before the Camden Fairview game. This 50 year hiatus is getting old !

Rampage72501

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on July 04, 2014, 01:44:31 pm
Quote from: Hoghead on June 26, 2014, 06:36:45 pm

At this point, they probably don't need to center them.  It's part of the charm.

Yes, the bleachers are now centered.

The_Pioneer

Well dang.  We needed them off center so opposing fans would have something to complain about other than another whuppin.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: The_Pioneer on July 06, 2014, 08:19:59 pm
Well dang.  We needed them off center so opposing fans would have something to complain about other than another whuppin.

The endzones are still dog off a gut wagon hideous.

Hoghead

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on July 06, 2014, 11:11:14 pm

Orange & Black checkerboard ! Tenerseeish....

FD4

Hoghead, there is only one means of egress at the rear up those steps, but hey, that's why the windows are so large, the plan is, if the back door is blocked, you bail out the windows into the visitors stands, sort of like the moshpit at a punk concert............not that I have ever been to one.  While it looks like a trailer, it was actually constructed in stages over time.  Makes one wonder what those poor guys on the roof would do in case of an emergency.

Hoghead

Quote from: FD4 on July 07, 2014, 01:10:37 pm
Hoghead, there is only one means of egress at the rear up those steps, but hey, that's why the windows are so large, the plan is, if the back door is blocked, you bail out the windows into the visitors stands, sort of like the moshpit at a punk concert............not that I have ever been to one.  While it looks like a trailer, it was actually constructed in stages over time.  Makes one wonder what those poor guys on the roof would do in case of an emergency.

Cool ! That's funny stuff FD. That new turf up there will look nice. Maybe you guys can put some stilts on the home  side for a press box to be built over the top of the school.

The_Pioneer

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on July 06, 2014, 11:11:14 pm

You only hate because you boys can't seem to get into it.

FD4

I hear ya Hoghead, I usually sat on the home side at the south pole that came up through the stands, I always wanted to take my climbing deer stand in there and go up about 20 feet.  That is until the day we were taking down some banners on the east side of the field.  Those poles had seen their better days.  The base of the field looks really good, we are supposes to get the new poles in and the place should be lit up better.  Eventually we will have a pressbox on the home side, and rumor has it some upper tier seating, maybe.  I know when the house is packed, there is still a couple hundred milling around on the ground.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: The_Pioneer on July 07, 2014, 03:59:38 pm

You only hate because you boys can't seem to get into it.

Nah, like a lot of things in Batesville, they're not hard to get into.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: FD4 on July 07, 2014, 04:16:41 pm
I know when the house is packed, there is still a couple hundred milling around on the ground.

Hi.

Some of us simply hate getting up in the stands.  Those things are misery on the back.

The_Pioneer

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on July 08, 2014, 02:00:03 pm
Quote from: FD4 on July 07, 2014, 04:16:41 pm
I know when the house is packed, there is still a couple hundred milling around on the ground.

And yet, you still can't.

Hi.

Some of us simply hate getting up in the stands.  Those things are misery on the back.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas