• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wynne getting artificial turf

Started by playmaker04, May 03, 2014, 11:31:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle Ivan

DogsWin7

wynneaholic©

4 photos of progress at Yellowjacket stadium!!!

Hoghead

Are they gonna turf out the trailer (Press Box) too ?

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Hoghead on July 21, 2014, 12:54:29 am

Gold-plated vinyl siding with sapphire fascia panels. 

Matches the school colors.

Hoghead

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on July 21, 2014, 04:47:37 pm
Quote from: Hoghead on July 21, 2014, 12:54:29 am

Gold-plated vinyl siding with sapphire fascia panels. 

Matches the school colors.
That's so cute !!!!  Matching Coach bags for everybody !

FD4

Field is ready for the turf.  The turf came in a couple days ago or so, and lucky for the school, the engineer was on site, and said that the turf was not the grade that had been spected out.  AstroTurff tried to get the school to except it, but no way.  So the high quality product will be delivered in about 5 days or so.  Meanwhile the new light poles are in and most of the lighting.  The stadium will be well lighted when all is said and done.  The company hired to do the work does a lot of fields, one of their largest clients are the Kansas City Chief's.  Anyway, looking forward to a nice field.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: FD4 on July 22, 2014, 02:42:16 pmAstroTurff tried to get the school to except it, but no way.

Isn't it nice when people try to get you to accept their screwups?

wing

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on July 22, 2014, 04:13:15 pm
Quote from: FD4 on July 22, 2014, 02:42:16 pmAstroTurff tried to get the school to except it, but no way.

Isn't it nice when people try to get you to accept their screwups?

That's the world we live in. No accountability.  Hope the field ready for the #1 ranked jackets first home game.

walkingguy72396

I was wondering, looked like it had been at a stand still for a few days. 

FD4

Turf is in, being installed at this time.  Starting at the North Goal Line.  The endzone at the north is Navy Blue.  Looks sharp, cant wait to see the midfield logo.

wynneaholic©

Radio reports that the field will be ready to hand over to the school the 2nd week of August, plenty of time to practice on and get ready for the season.  Crews are going to work 12 hours a day 7 days a week to make sure it is ready. They have brought in extra labor to see it gets done.

justalionfan

I am going to stop by tomorrow when I am in town and take a look at it.

FD4

New Goal Posts, Higher uprights, Yellow, a deeper kind of Yellow.  The lights will be better than any stadium in Eastern Arkansas.  Better than some of the College lighting, super bright.

ricepig

Quote from: FD4 on July 29, 2014, 02:39:23 pm
New Goal Posts, Higher uprights, Yellow, a deeper kind of Yellow.  The lights will be better than any stadium in Eastern Arkansas.  Better than some of the College lighting, super bright.

Better? Aren't they Musco lights?

kwwolves2012

That sounds pretty sweet! Hope to see all of it soon.

Hoghead

MDXPHD

Quote from: ricepig on July 29, 2014, 02:41:08 pm

Better? Aren't they Musco lights?

Which is what most people in NEA have when they buy new ones.

turftime

Field is looking good. With your tradition you deserve it. We played you last year close  most of the game. You had a very good team and if you are better this year could win it all.

justalionfan

I was in Wynne yesterday and that field is starting to look good. in the north end zone it is blue and the word WYNNE is yellow. I'm assuming they will start on the south zone today. the numbers look like they have a shadow effect. looking really sweet.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: justajacketfan on August 04, 2014, 08:38:47 am
I was in Wynne yesterday and that field is starting to look good. in the north end zone it is blue and the word WYNNE is yellow. I'm assuming they will start on the south zone today. the numbers look like they have a shadow effect. looking really sweet.

Drove by it this evening, sound end is done.  They're putting (sewing, gluing, I dunno) the hash marks and numbers on.

Not much of a crown on that field anymore.  Looks strange.

justalionfan

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on August 04, 2014, 10:35:55 pm
Quote from: justajacketfan on August 04, 2014, 08:38:47 am

Drove by it this evening, sound end is done.  They're putting (sewing, gluing, I dunno) the hash marks and numbers on.

Not much of a crown on that field anymore.  Looks strange.

I notice they moved the band bleachers to the north end zone, to the left where the jackets come out of the tunnel... CAN"T WAIT!!!!!! exactly one month from today...

DogsWin7

It looks nice.   I bet the kids are excited and ready to play!   

kwwolves2012

Went by this morning. Field looks to be getting the final touches and looks pretty nice. Big Yellowjacket logo facing the home crowd at midfield will be a welcome sight. Can't wait to see it from the stands this season!

Go Postal

Sounds great guys.  Post pics.
I remember the first game at the Goblin football/soccer/track Stadium when it opened.  It was so cool for the fans and players.  It was against our old rival "since football began in Arkansas", Mtn Home Bombers and during the pregame warmup, a rainbow appeared behind the field.  So cool.

Uncle Ivan

Don't particularly care for the corporate logos on the field.  I see why they did it, however.

SECFOOTBALLFAN

I don't care for turf.  I think it's all a part of the sissification of the sport.

We don't want to get mud on our white socks during our friendly 7-on-7 matchup.

OK, everybody get in cover 2!

No blocking!  No man coverage!  No jamming the receivers! Stay out of little Billy's way!

kwwolves2012

Quote from: SECFOOTBALLFAN on August 11, 2014, 04:43:08 pm
I don't care for turf.  I think it's all a part of the sissification of the sport.

No blocking!  No man coverage!  No jamming the receivers! Stay out of little Billy's way!
I partly agree with you, but Wynne's field became a serious health hazard at times. When it would rain, the ground became slush, and when it got really dry, players would go down with injuries due to a lack of footing. It needed a facelift pretty badly.

walkingguy72396

I was kind of suprised to see the logo's.  Are there more than two?  I kind of wondered why FNB & CCB did not get the play clocks cleaned up, leaving them all caked with 10 years or more of dirt.

Go Postal

Did you guys also get a Jumbotron like the 7A schools or Harrison, Greenwood, etc?  I know there isn't any instance replays in high school sports, but it is cool to see what happened in the last play.  I remember last year when the refs called a very bad call and they showed what really had happened on that play.  Six times.  Close up and distance.  Anyway, Jumbotron on your scoreboard is cool.

walkingguy72396

I' do not see one in Wynnes future.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on August 12, 2014, 12:04:04 am
I' do not see one in Wynnes future.

I'd be happy just to get a new fence; I hear that's in the works.  The old one truly does look like a prison fence.

GuvHog

That was the norm but it changed a few years back when it rained almost the whole season and games were having to be played in knee deep mud. That's when the High School turf movement really picked up steam.

Big Fan

Quote from: GuvHog on August 12, 2014, 08:46:38 am

That was the norm but it changed a few years back when it rained almost the whole season and games were having to be played in knee deep mud. That's when the High School turf movement really picked up steam.
I'm sure that ONE rainy season is why schools are willing to invest thousands of dollars.

SECFOOTBALLFAN

Good point Guv.

I do recall that season......

But I guess that aided the turf boom because playing in knee deep mud isn't football...But playing on plastic carpet is

A)

or 

B)

A.....I choose A.....I think a reflects a football team and a football environment... This photo makes football appear to be a man sport

Option B looks like something anybody can play!  Woo hoo! Let's get little Johnny out there! He can win first place too!!  Let's put on pink socks! Because football players wearing pink socks totally raises breast cancer awareness!!  It's not a fashion statement where we're trying to be cute and like our heros in the pros!  Hey mommy!!! I didn't get my jersey dirty!!

SECFOOTBALLFAN

August 12, 2014, 09:56:15 am #135 Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 09:58:10 am by SECFOOTBALLFAN
Here is a video of a play in an American Football contest:

(Note that the above video is one of Guv's boys before he started his Shelton bashing era)

Here is a video of what American Football is turning into.  Seriously, Friday night matchups will look like this by 2017...... woo hoo!!!  Go Football!

JacketDad

I love the fact that we are FINALLY getting an artificial surface playing field.  I drove by the field this morning, and I have to say, this will have to be the most commercialized field in the entire state.  4 "huge" advertisements on each corner of the playing field?  Plus numerous more along each side.  Does anyone know of any other school that has taken this approach?

27 Trap

Quote from: JacketDad on August 12, 2014, 11:14:03 am
I love the fact that we are FINALLY getting an artificial surface playing field.  I drove by the field this morning, and I have to say, this will have to be the most commercialized field in the entire state.  4 "huge" advertisements on each corner of the playing field?  Plus numerous more along each side.  Does anyone know of any other school that has taken this approach?

Yes, Vilonia has , field named after Bank that gave large amount of money , plus logo.....also places on sidelines of people and business who donated .......

ricepig

Quote from: JacketDad on August 12, 2014, 11:14:03 am

Jonesboro sold over $1mil in advertising on their field, although there are only two bank signs on the field, the rest is on the sidelines. They paid for the turf and track, or will if those on payment plans pay, haha.

WestSideWalkerHounds

Blytheville Chick's are going to love that turf..... Going to be like a track meet....

Go Postal

One thing about artificial or synthetic turf, your punt or kickoff players need to get use to it.  It is a different roll of the ball when it lands and even though you might have the best kicker, they need to know how to compensate for the difference between grass and turf.  Does Wynne have any good soccer players that are kickers for American high school football? ;)  They do know how to play that ball, round or oblong.

DogsWin7

Quote from: WestSideWalkerHounds on August 12, 2014, 07:31:38 pm
Blytheville Chick's are going to love that turf..... Going to be like a track meet....
carpet burn??   What am I missing here? 

Go Postal

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on August 12, 2014, 08:39:57 pm
Quote from: WestSideWalkerHounds on August 12, 2014, 07:31:38 pm
carpet burn??   What am I missing here?
I'm not sure what he meant, but I'm thinking very cushiony. LOL!

brown2010

SECFOOTBALLFAN

Are we really talking like this about high school girls?  I'm confused......that all sounds inappropriate.....

westmem

WM will love to take w on y'all field

playmaker04

justalionfan

August 15, 2014, 01:45:25 pm #147 Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 01:47:18 pm by justajacketfan
here is a pic of the finsh project. not a great pic. but still
https://twitter.com/JacketTV/status/499371821930905600/photo/1

FD4

Hear ya Brown, and he's just a Junior this year.

Hoghead

The field looks good at the " Trailer Park" "!!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas