• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Watson Chapel HFC

Started by loyal fan, April 15, 2014, 09:03:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SECFOOTBALLFAN

May 29, 2014, 01:09:09 pm #500 Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 02:28:06 pm by SECFOOTBALLFAN
Quote from: GuvHog on May 29, 2014, 10:53:40 am
Quote from: Big Fan on May 28, 2014, 09:05:24 pm
Quote from: Lionheart88 on May 28, 2014, 08:41:32 pm
So would you say Chapel's hopes this year were dead on arrival?
Chapel's hopes have no pulse and are a victim of drive-by politics.   

IF it's true that Dutton has been named interim HC, we'll see how it goes. There are some who believe he is a better coach than Shelton. One plus in his favor is that the players know he and his system very well so it won't be like having a new coach with totally different systems on both sides of the ball.

Guv, youre an idiot. 

Big Fan

AirWarren

Jimbo Morphis

wildcat95

Can't believe nobody has figured out that Guv is Dutton. The guy has been man-crushing on himself this whole process.

AirWarren

Quote from: wildcat95 on May 29, 2014, 01:47:41 pm
Can't believe nobody has figured out that Guv is Dutton. The guy has been man-crushing on himself this whole process.

Domestic Partner.

GuvHog

Quote from: zebradynasty on May 29, 2014, 12:56:04 pm
I thought Dutton was the Jr. High coach and they ran a different system than Shelton?

That's true but most of the players on the SR. High team played for Dutton in Jr. high and they know his system

GuvHog

May 29, 2014, 01:56:54 pm #507 Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 01:58:30 pm by GuvHog
Quote from: SECFOOTBALLFAN on May 29, 2014, 01:09:09 pm
Quote from: GuvHog on May 29, 2014, 10:53:40 am
Quote from: Big Fan on May 28, 2014, 09:05:24 pm
Quote from: Lionheart88 on May 28, 2014, 08:41:32 pm
So would you say Chapel's hopes this year were dead on arrival?
Chapel's hopes have no pulse and are a victim of drive-by politics.   

IF it's true that Dutton has been named interim HC, we'll see how it goes. There are some who believe he is a better coach than Shelton. One plus in his favor is that the players know he and his system very well so it won't be like having a new coach with totally different systems on both sides of the ball.

Guv, youre an idiot.  You seriously need to stop posting.  Dutton is a better coach than Shelton?

Shelton has been to 3 state championships.....all at jobs he earned based on his coaching abilities

Dutton is a baseball guy with 2 years experience as a junior high coach who has gotten 2 jobs from brown nosing the spineless WC administration

Coach Shelton is a fine man. no doubt about it, but since his wife passed away he hasn't had the fire for coaching he once had. He's just not been the same HC and really needed to retire. I wish him all the best.

longhorn85

Lets just hope Dutton doesnt choke big games like the baseball coach!!!! Cant win the big game especially if it is against white hall. Hopefully that doesnt rub off on dutton.

Strongfan

Well longhorn85 since you are such a good coach, I would like to see what you have accomplished in your coaching career. Apparently, you don know Dutton or the head baseball coach well or you would know what was accomplished with the baseball program this year. It's not just about winning or  as you said "choking" it's about building character also, which apparently you lack. The WC Baseball Team had a fantastic year and Cope did a great job with those kids.  The kids seem to like Dutton as well and have witnessed what has been done personally for 3 years! So until you can honestly speak from "experience" then I think you should keep your thoughts to yourself.

GuvHog

One other note on the Subject: Dutton isn't the interim HC, he was voted on by the board and is the new SR. High head coach.

GuvHog

Quote from: chapelnation on May 28, 2014, 04:40:06 pm
school law continues to be ignored

How was school law ignored??? The WC Board met and voted to hire a new HC.

longhorn85

Quote from: Strongfan on May 29, 2014, 08:01:53 pm
Well longhorn85 since you are such a good coach, I would like to see what you have accomplished in your coaching career. Apparently, you don know Dutton or the head baseball coach well or you would know what was accomplished with the baseball program this year. It's not just about winning or  as you said "choking" it's about building character also, which apparently you lack. The WC Baseball Team had a fantastic year and Cope did a great job with those kids.  The kids seem to like Dutton as well and have witnessed what has been done personally for 3 years! So until you can honestly speak from "experience" then I think you should keep your thoughts to yourself.
Touchy, touchy there STRONGFAN. Fact #1 Dont think i ever said anything about coaching accomplishments. Fact #2 you are right insaying that i dont know either of these coaches. point well taken. i understand that they had a good year. never said baseball doesnt build character. Fact #3 2 or 3 years ago when they swept white hall in the regular season, he choked in the state championship game. Same thing this year. swept during regular season and choked in the semis. How do i need experience to comment on these facts?

Big Fan

Quote from: GuvHog on May 29, 2014, 08:41:46 pm
Quote from: chapelnation on May 28, 2014, 04:40:06 pm
school law continues to be ignored

How was school law ignored??? The WC Board met and voted to hire a new HC.
The school law thing could have to do with denying who he wants for OC or DC. 

chapelnation

When did the school board meet and vote? That's good that they properly convened. All water under the bridge now. It's a done deal. Good luck Wildcats, go forth and do what's right by the kids, they don't deserve to be exposed to this grown folk fiasco!

Strongfan

Longhorn85, I really don't think you had any business bringing baseball in on this thread when they were talking about FB. If you were not at either of the 2 games that you are referring to then you should not be able to voice an opinion.  You never know what a 17 or 18 y/o kid is going to do and as a coach they can't do it for them!!  I had a child who was on both of those teams and I can tell you that it wasn't coaching that lost those games! That's all I have to say!

longhorn85

Quote from: Strongfan on May 29, 2014, 11:45:35 pm
Longhorn85, I really don't think you had any business bringing baseball in on this thread when they were talking about FB. If you were not at either of the 2 games that you are referring to then you should not be able to voice an opinion.  You never know what a 17 or 18 y/o kid is going to do and as a coach they can't do it for them!!  I had a child who was on both of those teams and I can tell you that it wasn't coaching that lost those games! That's all I have to say!
lets just move this discussion to the baseball forum then. i could have been at both games, you certainly dont know. but that has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not he choked. it was a bigger choke job in the championship game from what i hear or what i saw. whether or not you had 10 kids on the team has nothing to do if the coach choked or not. i guess the brighter the lights directly effects the coach.

SECFOOTBALLFAN

May 30, 2014, 07:33:06 am #517 Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 02:29:21 pm by SECFOOTBALLFAN

GuvHog

May 30, 2014, 09:23:57 am #518 Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 09:35:45 am by GuvHog
Quote from: SECFOOTBALLFAN on May 30, 2014, 07:33:06 am
Well let's get real honest, #1 Guv pointed out that Dutton is the best coach since Frank McClellan. #2 in an earlier post it was stated that Chapel has the same athletes as DWay and PB. #3 it was stated that the kids love Dutton like a daddy #4 obviously McCready didn't have anything to do with the best defense in 5A last year, it was all pure athleticism, and they're all returning except that little harris kid

WATSON CHAPEL WILL START 3-0 ON THEIR MARCH TO A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!!!!! WC HAS THE TALENT TO WIN STATE!!! ALWAYS HAS, NOW WITH THE NICK SABAN OF JR HIGH AT THE REIGNS

WC IS YOUR 2014 5A STATE CHAMPS!!!

GET THEM RINGS ORDERED!!

#1 is not correct, I've never said that.
#2 Chapel will indeed be very talented this season. Talented enough to win the 5A South?? We'll see. Any one of 4 (Fairview, Hope, White Hall, WC) could win the 5A south this season. With new HCs at both Fairview and WC, it's wide open. Good enough to win the 5A State title?? Under a new coach, that's pushing things a bit.

Batesville as usual is very talented and Pine Bluff returns most of their players from a young but talented team so it isn't inconceivable that WC could go 1-2 in non conference play.

Big Fan

Quote from: GuvHog on May 30, 2014, 09:23:57 am
Well let's get real honest, #1 Guv pointed out that Dutton is the best coach since Frank McClellan. #2 in an earlier post it was stated that Chapel has the same athletes as DWay and PB. #3 it was stated that the kids love Dutton like a daddy #4 obviously McCready didn't have anything to do with the best defense in 5A last year, it was all pure athleticism, and they're all returning except that little harris kid

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!!!!! WC HAS THE TALENT TO WIN STATE!!! ALWAYS HAS, NOW WITH THE NICK SABAN OF JR HIGH AT THE REIGNS

GET THEM RINGS ORDERED!!

#2 Chapel will indeed be very talented this season. Talented enough to win the 5A South?? We'll see. Any one of 4 (Fairview, Hope, White Hall, WC) could win the 5A south this season. With new HCs at both Fairview and WC, it's wide open. Good enough to win the 5A State title?? Under a new coach, that's pushing things a bit.

Batesville as usual is very talented and Pine Bluff returns most of their players from a young but talented team so it isn't inconceivable that WC could go 1-2 in non conference play.
Guv....Sarcasm.....do you know what that is?  Blow the dust off Webster's, look up sarcasm and reread the post....lol.

GuvHog

Quote from: Big Fan on May 30, 2014, 10:25:03 am
Quote from: GuvHog on May 30, 2014, 09:23:57 am

GET THEM RINGS ORDERED!!

Guv....Sarcasm.....do you know what that is?  Blow the dust off Webster's, look up sarcasm and reread the post....lol.

I know what sarcasm is. He's having fun at my expense so I thought I'd  answer him.

Lionheart88

Yes, Dutton is the greatest coach in Chapel history since his immediate predecessor Coach Cantwell left them to coach White Hall's eight graders.   Surely Chapel's plethora of jr. high all americans will power them to a 10-0 run this year.

GuvHog

Quote from: Lionheart88 on May 30, 2014, 10:54:57 am
Yes, Dutton is the greatest coach in Chapel history since his immediate predecessor Coach Cantwell left them to coach White Hall's eight graders.   Surely Chapel's plethora of jr. high all americans will power them to a 10-0 run this year.

I don't know about that but it sure will make the WC-White Hall game a lot more interesting. :)

wildcat95

sounds like chapel is the favorite this year with all their studs and now with a coach that is pronounced better than shelton (3 state championship game appearances with 3 different schools). looking forward this year to big expectations and championship dreams for our wildcats!

Lionheart88

I look forward to the disappointment and gnashing of teeth when those dreams don't pan out.  Again.

Hoghead

Quote from: Lionheart88 on May 30, 2014, 11:29:41 am
I look forward to the disappointment and gnashing of teeth when those dreams don't pan out.  Again.

I saw a kid in PB the other day with a Black & Gold T-Shirt on that said...."WE LOST TO WHITE HALL AGAIN"

Lionheart88

He may not have been a football player.  Outside of men's basketball, its a common malady among athletes at WCHS.

GuvHog

Quote from: wildcat95 on May 30, 2014, 11:11:02 am
sounds like chapel is the favorite this year with all their studs and now with a coach that is pronounced better than shelton (3 state championship game appearances with 3 different schools). looking forward this year to big expectations and championship dreams for our wildcats!

Wildcat95, what year did Shelton last have a team in the State title game??

wildcat95

my bad coach dutton. must have hit the 3 by accident, only two i guess. how many semi's and quarterfinals did he get chapel to?

GuvHog

Quote from: wildcat95 on May 30, 2014, 01:59:07 pm
my bad coach dutton. must have hit the 3 by accident, only two i guess. how many semi's and quarterfinals did he get chapel to?

I believe he led them to three Semis. 2 in 6A, 1 in 5A.

AirWarren

Quote from: Hoghead on May 30, 2014, 11:46:55 am
Quote from: Lionheart88 on May 30, 2014, 11:29:41 am

I saw a kid in PB the other day with a Black & Gold T-Shirt on that said...."WE LOST TO WHITE HALL AGAIN"

I saw a black and Gold one the other day that said....

"Too black to be Sheridan, Too awful to be Pine Bluff or White Hall."

Jimbo Morphis

I saw one that said  my brother is on the school board.

AirWarren

May 31, 2014, 10:52:37 am #532 Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 10:56:31 am by AirWarren
Here is one I saw at the sonic in chapel.

"keep calm and Rooney Rule on"

Big Fan

The one I saw was black and gold and said on the front, "In Watson Chapel...."  On the back it said, "....No White T-Shirts Allowed." 

AirWarren

Black and gold with "Adjustment" across the chest.

Big Fan

Quote from: AirWarren on June 01, 2014, 08:37:00 pm
That's the one worn to school board meetings. 

AirWarren

Quote from: Big Fan on June 01, 2014, 08:45:50 pm
Quote from: AirWarren on June 01, 2014, 08:37:00 pm
That's the one worn to school board meetings. 

That's right.

big slop

Good luck to coach Dutton. Everyone deserves a chance to show what they can bring to the table. As a chapel alum, i'll support them until he proves otherwise. Then we can get rid of him and start a whole new bunch of shenanigans with the administration.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas