• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Watson Chapel HFC

Started by loyal fan, April 15, 2014, 09:03:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Expodog

I'm not pointing fingers but a coach that wants to move up should be mastering the system in place. I am surprised Shelton allowed him to do his on thing. I'm sure the new Coach, whoever it is, will not permit his Jr High Coach to waist his Athletes first 3 years in the program learning things they will never see again. Having a feeder school is an advantage but in this case it seems it wasn't.

wing

Quote from: Expodog on May 01, 2014, 08:18:06 am
I'm not pointing fingers but a coach that wants to move up should be mastering the system in place. I am surprised Shelton allowed him to do his on thing. I'm sure the new Coach, whoever it is, will not permit his Jr High Coach to waist his Athletes first 3 years in the program learning things they will never see again. Having a feeder school is an advantage but in this case it seems it wasn't.

Agree 100%. I think Greenwood kids know their system by the 5th grade.

GuvHog

Shelton has not been the same since his wife died a few years back so it could be that he no longer cared. His choosing to retire was really no shock.

Shelton did run some spread and some Pistol but his base offense was always the Wishbone.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: wing on May 01, 2014, 08:40:03 am

Agree 100%. I think Greenwood kids know their system by the 5th grade.

And if they don't, they're held back.

big slop

SECFOOTBALLFAN......What year did you play under Baggett?

GotInfo?

Anyone heard any updates?

Turf guru

Anyone who has been around Coach Dutton for more than 5 minutes knows this guy has that it factor to be a big time coach in the state! I can't wait to see all of you haters when he gets the job and wins there! Will you have the round ones to get back on here and say you were wrong?

GotInfo?

I'm sure he is a great guy, but going from Jr High to HS is a jump as far as game planning and competition level. If you haven't done it before, it is just different. I just hope if it is him that gets hired, that he hires/keeps good quality coaches w/ experience around him.

Turf guru

Having gone through the prep for both sr high and jr high games I can tell you that good coaches prepare the same way no matter what. If you know how to prepare it translates to any level. I know that there is a difference in talent and speed of the game, but having your guys ready and getting them ready will always come down to how hard a staff work, not just the head guy! Dutton will have a quality staff that know how to win on Friday nights! The kids in program already know him and respect him. The dude is a winner

GotInfo?

Not knocking the guy, but I like most, would be very hesitant to hire a guy who has only coached for 2 years, both at the Jr High level, to be a 5A HC. That's just me.
Not saying he isn't a good coach, but something is to be said about experience actually coaching at the HS level before taking a head job. Just my opinion.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: GotInfo? on May 06, 2014, 09:26:03 am
Not knocking the guy, but I like most, would be very hesitant to hire a guy who has only coached for 2 years, both at the Jr High level, to be a 5A HC. That's just me.
Not saying he isn't a good coach, but something is to be said about experience actually coaching at the HS level before taking a head job. Just my opinion.
in all walks of life it's not what you know but who you know.

Big Fan

Quote from: Oldman on May 06, 2014, 10:16:33 am
In this case he knows Guvhog.....so what does that tell you? 

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Big Fan on May 06, 2014, 10:21:20 am
Quote from: Oldman on May 06, 2014, 10:16:33 am
In this case he knows Guvhog.....so what does that tell you?
that he watches wresslin?

GotInfo?

I find it odd that there are 2 big 5A jobs open and not any real big names are involved...so it seems.

nthknow

I know dutton fine man if he gets it good hire. There are some nice candidates i heard some wc grads of wc from sutton era. Maybe nice to have someone from his tree the best coach wc has had. Also u know some of the people that bash past coaches also played for them & I know for a fact that u helped with the poor performances. U wouldn't want to be called out like u do those men, in h.s. u play with who walks thru the door. To much premium on winning not enough on character just had to call it out. Hope wc gets a good one, hay's n the barn boys!!!!

Jack1990

Quote from: nthknow on May 06, 2014, 02:03:26 pm
I know dutton fine man if he gets it good hire. There are some nice candidates i heard some wc grads of wc from sutton era. Maybe nice to have someone from his tree the best coach wc has had. Also u know some of the people that bash past coaches also played for them & I know for a fact that u helped with the poor performances. U wouldn't want to be called out like u do those men, in h.s. u play with who walks thru the door. To much premium on winning not enough on character just had to call it out. Hope wc gets a good one, hay's n the barn boys!!!!
Wow...almost understandable post.

Big Fan

Quote from: Jack1990 on May 06, 2014, 02:09:58 pm
Quote from: nthknow on May 06, 2014, 02:03:26 pm
Wow...almost understandable post.
I don't even try to read some of these incoherent attempts at posting, it makes my head hurt. 

luckyduck

Next season WC will have more talent then about anyone they play against during the regular season so it won't take a rocket scientist to win some games.

Big Fan

Quote from: luckyduck on May 07, 2014, 10:38:35 am
Next season WC will have more talent then about anyone they play against during the regular season so it won't take a rocket scientist to win some games.
So next season is no different than any other year.

RamFan06

Quote from: Big Fan on May 07, 2014, 10:51:11 am
I was thinking I had heard that before.....more than once I think.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: RamFan06 on May 07, 2014, 11:56:36 am
Quote from: Big Fan on May 07, 2014, 10:51:11 am
I was thinking I had heard that before.....more than once I think.

I've got deja vu after reading that post....Is it 2013, 2012, 2011 or 2010 again? W

luckyduck

GuvHog

They've had a chance to win some big games but just didn't get it done because of multiple miscues, turnovers, and mistakes. Some due to coaching problems, some...not. Hopefully the coaching change is the spark plug they need to get over the top. It sure worked when WC hired Lonnie Sutton in the early 90's.

chapelnation

Who are the top 3 candidates? I heard Lee Hardman also applied, any truth to that?

GotInfo?

I haven't heard any real names just rumors. I do know several good coaches that called didn't apply because of 10 month contract. Most HC now are 12 month.

GuvHog

May 08, 2014, 10:42:16 am #75 Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 10:44:28 am by GuvHog
Quote from: chapelnation on May 08, 2014, 12:07:28 am
Who are the top 3 candidates? I heard Lee Hardman also applied, any truth to that?

I don't understand why Lee would want to take a big pay cut to go back to coaching HS football but if that IS true, Knowing what He accomplished at Dollarway, he would be very hard for WC to pass up.

If he were to get the WC job, there would be blood in the water at WH next season.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: GuvHog on May 08, 2014, 10:42:16 am

I don't understand why Lee would want to take a big pay cut to go back to coaching HS football but if that IS true, Knowing what He accomplished at Dollarway, he would be very hard for WC to pass up,
does a.d. at dway pay that much more than head coach at chapel?

AirWarren

Accomplished at Dollarway? The same kind of athletes walk the halls at chapel as they do at Dollarway. If Lee can win at Dway, he can at WC.

GuvHog

Quote from: Oldman on May 08, 2014, 10:44:15 am

I don't understand why Lee would want to take a big pay cut to go back to coaching HS football but if that IS true, Knowing what He accomplished at Dollarway, he would be very hard for WC to pass up,

My bad. I had forgotten that he left UAPB a while back. Good point.

GuvHog

Quote from: AirWarren on May 08, 2014, 10:48:33 am
Accomplished at Dollarway? The same kind of athletes walk the halls at chapel as they do at Dollarway. If Lee can win at Dway, he can at WC.

True that. With WC being a much larger school however, there are more of those athletes walking around than he had at Dollarway.

Big Fan

Quote from: GuvHog on May 08, 2014, 10:58:56 am

..."a while back"???  He left in '04.  Try to stay current my friend.  rmpl

GuvHog

Quote from: Big Fan on May 08, 2014, 02:38:03 pm
Quote from: GuvHog on May 08, 2014, 10:58:56 am

..."a while back"???  He left in '04.  Try to stay current my friend.  rmpl

Will do. Thanks for the update.

Panther87

Heard they have selected their new head coach, 2A head coach is getting the job

AirWarren

Panther87

SECFOOTBALLFAN

May 09, 2014, 07:41:04 am #85 Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 02:18:34 pm by SECFOOTBALLFAN

Hero

http://www.fearlessfriday.com/school/Pine%20Bluff%20Dollarway.html

get this coach ;D ;D ;D ;D

zebradynasty

Quote from: SECFOOTBALLFAN on May 09, 2014, 07:41:04 am
Quote from: GuvHog on May 08, 2014, 11:01:27 am
Quote from: AirWarren on May 08, 2014, 10:48:33 am

True that. With WC being a much larger school however, there are more of those athletes walking around than he had at Dollarway.

Dumbest Posts in America

DWay outweighed WC at every position last season.

Lets look at playmakers for both teams this past season

Top WRs
DWay Kabion Ento 6' 4" 170 lbs vs WC Drew Wade 5'5" 118 lbs

Starting QB
DWay Joshua Liddell 6'2" 200 lbs (NOW A RAZORBACK) WC Kris McCullough 5'8" 145

To say WC has the same athletes as DWay is asinine.

I'll point out that last year Dway was bigger along the lines than most schools in the state regardless of classification. This years class at Dway was exceptionable bless with athletes not real deep but the ones they had were great. If Ento works hard he has chance to make it to the NFL. Dway is not that way every year. No different than a few years ago WC had a very athletic class headlined by Coleman. Bottom line athletically speaking the two schools are similar.

zebradynasty

Hoghead

This was and is WC theme song since they dropped down to 5A. They haven't won one 5A South title in this time frame. They'll be good but they'll pull a WC and be average in some games and lose !

Tigers99

Heard its Prescott from Des Arc.  Any truth to it?

GotInfo?

It appears to be the case. Wonder if he will bring the double wing with him? Thought that might be a negative. Best of luck to them! Maybe they can get spring ball in now.

jbtiger73

I know him through one of our coaches in Brinkley. he's definitely a good coach. and I do think that he's smart enough to know that he's gonna have more athletic and faster kids than he had at DA. he just ran that double wing due to the talent and skill set there. plus DA lost 12 or 13 seniors in which 10 were starters. he's definitely the man for the job. and gives their program some much needed new blood. but definitely sad to see coach Shelton leave. they'll be in good hands with coach Prescott.

AirWarren

Quote from: Tigers99 on May 09, 2014, 09:55:49 am
Heard its Prescott from Des Arc.  Any truth to it?

Big promotion if true. Congrats coach Prescott.

GuvHog

Quote from: GotInfo? on May 09, 2014, 10:02:55 am
It appears to be the case. Wonder if he will bring the double wing with him? Thought that might be a negative. Best of luck to them! Maybe they can get spring ball in now.

It's not official yet though because the school board hasn't voted on him.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: GuvHog on May 09, 2014, 12:07:27 pm

is that gonna be a problem? i don't remember a board ever not going along with a hire.

AirWarren

zebradynasty

Quote from: Oldman on May 09, 2014, 12:54:18 pm
Quote from: GuvHog on May 09, 2014, 12:07:27 pm

is that gonna be a problem? i don't remember a board ever not going along with a hire.

Well I was being sarcastic he might get the job but it will be far from unanimous. A lot of WC faithful are still waiting on someone with school ties to bring them back to the glory years year.

Jimbo Morphis

AirWarren

Sorry. What was I thinking.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas