• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

quarterback coming back to wynne

Started by stinger1, February 18, 2014, 01:57:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoghead

Quote from: tmycjy on June 24, 2014, 07:16:37 pm
Quote from: Hoghead on June 24, 2014, 05:40:44 pm
Quote from: walkingguy72396 on March 15, 2014, 12:07:36 pm
Wynne should be excited about the shot they have of a 5A Title run.  It is no shoe-in by any means.  I use the 1999 team as an example.

The 2000 team should serve as a example as well. They had a wealth of talent that year. Lost to Hope 17-14 in OT in the semifinals. That loss in Wynne still haunts Wynne on what should've been a championship team. A lot of tears were shed that night. "Here's the snap, the hold and Bautista's kick is GOOOD ! The Bobcats have come to Wynne and shocked the Yellowjackets and the Arkansas 4A football world !-Bubba Powers KXAR 1490AM with the play by play.

hey I reamber that night I still think if it would have not rain we kill hope that night in my openion but im not takeing anything away from the hope team that year they were one of the best defense team we saw that year

It didn't rain on Hope's side of the field that night. Hope had to make a 2 point conversion twice to tie the game up due to a penealty. Wynne missed their FG try in OT to take the lead. Wynne blew every chance to win that game and scored 14 whole points.

walkingguy72396

Hope did indeed make some great plays that game.  I think they finally saw one of the linebackers was going at half-strength and ran a screen right at him for in my opinion the play that actually won the game.

Uncle Ivan

I still think Wynne would have won on a dry field as well, but that's football.  You can't control the weather.

Hope did have some good speed on that team.

Go Postal

Sorry that I have still been involved in that sport that shalt not be named in Alma and the World Cup for America's team, but didn't I read somewhere that Harrison beat Wynne in this Spring's Shoot Out in the South (or something thereof) and got beat by a Mississippi team?  ;)
Anyway, Good Luck to Wynne in your conference this next cycle.  I really mean it.  May it be exciting.  I know it will be in the West conference this cycle.

Uncle Ivan

Made a decent run, or so.  Quarterfinals, I think?

I imagine Wynne is going to run the ball, regardless.  That's the one thing that hasn't changed.

FD4

Right, we may have a spread offense and a gun slinger QB, but afterall, it's still "Tail Back High".  Good luck to Hope, Batesville, PA and the rest of the 5A. May your season be long and exciting.

football nut

Congratulations to Wynne on the turf and a great showing at Shootout of the South. One of the PA parents spent time talking to Chris Hill and was really impressed with him both as a coach and a person.  Great kids and a great coach!! Wynne will be a great team this year and Coach Hill will make his mark on Arkansas High School Football!
Hope to see you guys in the finals.

MoTownDog

Quote from: football nut on June 26, 2014, 07:33:04 pm
Congratulations to Wynne on the turf and a great showing at Shootout of the South. One of the PA parents spent time talking to Chris Hill and was really impressed with him both as a coach and a person.  Great kids and a great coach!! Wynne will be a great team this year and Coach Hill will make his mark on Arkansas High School Football!
Maybe he won't call another dumb play and blow a state title like he did for Morrilton.

MoTownDog

Coach Hill sets a new personal record. 3 years at the same school.  I guess he's finally ran out of places to go.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: MoTownDog on June 28, 2014, 12:00:29 am
Coach Hill sets a new personal record. 3 years at the same school.  I guess he's finally ran out of places to go.

Some people do put in time at inferior jobs in order to get a premier one.

Pantherdaddy

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on June 28, 2014, 01:04:12 am

Some people do put in time at inferior jobs in order to get a premier one.

Couldn't even get an interview at west Memphis.  Imagine he will have to go out of state on his next year.

walkingguy72396

Only reason to move from Wynne to Coach at another public High-School in Arkansas is skeeters.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Pantherdaddy on June 28, 2014, 07:11:05 am

Couldn't even get an interview at west Memphis.

Of course - it would've been a step down.  They didn't want their time wasted.

4.1forty

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on June 28, 2014, 04:59:38 pm
Quote from: Pantherdaddy on June 28, 2014, 07:11:05 am

Couldn't even get an interview at west Memphis.

Of course - it would've been a step down.  They didn't want their time wasted.

Exactly, why they went and got a real good one in Coach Elmore!  Well respected man

the voice

Wrong , He was at Morrilton 3 seasons, the longest he had stayed anywhere. He will stay longer at Wynne. This will be 4th season.

Hoghead

Did the Flagship come to offer Trail the oppertunity to become a Hog ? Seeing how they need Qb help, you'd figure a 4 star Arkansas kid would be high on their list. Even though Storey is in the fold. Did he pass on the Hogs or vice versa.

ricepig

Quote from: Hoghead on July 16, 2014, 02:20:33 pm
Did the Flagship come to offer Trail the oppertunity to become a Hog ? Seeing how they need Qb help, you'd figure a 4 star Arkansas kid would be high on their list. Even though Storey is in the fold. Did he pass on the Hogs or vice versa.

No offer

Hoghead

Well looks like he's a Cincinnati Bearcat anyway. So much for the Flagship putting a Armada around Arkansas talent.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Hoghead on July 17, 2014, 01:03:49 am
Well looks like he's a Cincinnati Bearcat anyway. So much for the Flagship putting a Armada around Arkansas talent.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Hoghead

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on July 17, 2014, 01:10:29 am

So what's the scoop on him ?  Left Wynne for his Jr. Year to play in Olive Branch, Ms. Now comes back and pushes Wynnes returning Qb to WR. Is he overrated ?

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Hoghead on July 17, 2014, 01:24:54 am

So what's the scoop on him ?  Left Wynne for his Jr. Year to play in Olive Branch, Ms. Now comes back and pushes Wynnes returning Qb to WR. Is he overrated ?

I have faith in their ability to run the football.

Hoghead

Well what's new ? Wynne always has RB's. So Trail becomes Casey Dick with a Scholarship to UCincy. A hand off technician.

walkingguy72396

Wynne usually has one  running back that can rack up the yardage.  How-ever its been awhile since the Jackets have had a double threat in the back-field at the same time.

Lionheart88

How many QBs does Fayetteville need?  They've already got both Allens, Peavey, Storey coming next year, I'm sure there's another one or two.  Maybe back in the days before scholarship limits you could horde every decent QB in Arkansas (plus others from nearby like Peavey), but those days are gone.

justalionfan

Quote from: Hoghead on July 17, 2014, 01:24:54 am

It all boils down to mommy and daddy.

Hoghead

Quote from: Lionheart88 on July 17, 2014, 08:58:02 am
How many QBs does Fayetteville need?  They've already got both Allens, Peavey, Storey coming next year, I'm sure there's another one or two.  Maybe back in the days before scholarship limits you could horde every decent QB in Arkansas (plus others from nearby like Peavey), but those days are gone.

True, only time will tell if they're worth a dime !

polksalet

If a coach has three 4 star  and two 2 star qbs on campus and none can throw the ball.  It it more likely they have five terrible qbs or one idiot coach?

Hoghead

Quote from: polksalet on July 19, 2014, 02:53:27 pm
If a coach has three 4 star  and two 2 star qbs on campus and none can throw the ball.  It it more likely they have five terrible qbs or one idiot coach?

I present to you,  Houston Nutt !  Robbie Hampton, The Dick Brothers, Robert Johnson....

Lionheart88

Quote from: Hoghead on July 19, 2014, 03:06:51 pm
Quote from: polksalet on July 19, 2014, 02:53:27 pm

I present to you,  Houston Nutt !  Robbie Hampton, The Dick Brothers, Robert Johnson....
We still managed to win at least a share of the West title three times.  Would you rather have the laughingstocks we were saddled with between him and Bielema *?

*Who's yet to prove himself much better, though he at least hasn't had any motorcycle incidents.

Hoghead

Nutt won the West Twice.  Once with Matt Jones and once with the Dick brothers.

Lionheart88

The Razorbacks won shares of the West title in '98 and '02, and an outright title in '06.  Look it up.

Hoghead

98 ^^^^^^^ If you dont go to the SEC Championship what is the Co-Champ sharing ? The missed FG against MSU sent the Bulldogs to the title game. Meanwhile the Hogs shuffled off to some Lower Tier bowl with SEC West Co-Champs T-Shirts on.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Hoghead on July 19, 2014, 08:06:26 pm
Meanwhile the Hogs shuffled off to some Lower Tier bowl with SEC West Co-Champs T-Shirts on.

Citrus ain't quite lower tier.

Hoghead

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on July 20, 2014, 02:35:54 am
Meanwhile the Hogs shuffled off to some Lower Tier bowl with SEC West Co-Champs T-Shirts on.

It aint top 4 either. You had a #15 Michigan vs a #11 Arkansas. A middle of the pack bowl that Tennessee loved going too !!! You can't spell Citrus without a U or a T !

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Hoghead on July 20, 2014, 03:44:34 am

It aint top 4 either. You had a #15 Michigan vs a #11 Arkansas. A middle of the pack bowl that Tennessee loved going too !!! You can't spell Citrus without a U or a T !

Just below it. Michigan was, IIRC, the defending national champ, & led by a guy named Tom Brady.  Payout for that bowl wasn't & still isn't anything to sneeze at.

I'd call something like the Sun Bowl or Music City middle of the pack.  Bottom feeding toilet bowl?  Idaho Potato, godaddy.com Bowl and so forth.

Hoghead

July 20, 2014, 06:37:13 am #86 Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 06:40:12 am by Hoghead
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on July 20, 2014, 05:33:36 am
Quote from: Hoghead on July 20, 2014, 03:44:34 am

Just below it. Michigan was, IIRC, the defending national champ, & led by a guy named Tom Brady.  Payout for that bowl wasn't & still isn't anything to sneeze at.

I'd call something like the Sun Bowl or Music City middle of the pack.  Bottom feeding toilet bowl?  Idaho Potato, godaddy.com Bowl and so forth.

And yet another BIG 10 loss for the Hogs to be followed by other Big 10 losses to Minnesota in the Music City Bowl and Ohio St. in the Sugar Bowl. Let's not forget the UNLV loss in the tidy Las Vegas Bowl. The Cotton Bowl loss to Oklahoma was depressing as well. Decent pay days and Runner Up Bowl T-Shirts to wear with the Co-Champ SEC West T-Shirts. If you aint winning, you're losing ! The Indy Bowl win over Mizzou was the only bright spot.

Lionheart88

Funny, this isn't the song you were singing when Hope were 5A South Co-Champs this year.

Hoghead

July 20, 2014, 01:58:48 pm #88 Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 02:07:57 pm by Hoghead
Quote from: Lionheart88 on July 20, 2014, 09:23:48 am
Funny, this isn't the song you were singing when Hope were 5A South Co-Champs this year.

Once again Hope as with MSU BEAT the team that is clinging to the Co- Champ tag. Hope won the 5A South as Ive stated so many times. The Champ of the 5A South played all of its PLAYOFF Games at HOME. The team hanging to the Co-Champ pipe dream lost on the road in Batesville. MSU went to the SEC Championship game. Meanwhile in Fayetteville,  the Hogs wore SEC Co-Champ T-Shirts and watched the SEC Championship game on TV drinking egg nog out of SEC CO-Champ cups !

Notice my sig at the bottom of the page, no Co- Champ reference ever. Call over to Ouachita County they can give you plenty of Info on it. The Hogs probably have some Co-Champ T-Shirt left.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Hoghead on July 20, 2014, 06:37:13 am

And yet another BIG 10 loss for the Hogs to be followed by other Big 10 losses to Minnesota in the Music City Bowl and Ohio St. in the Sugar Bowl. Let's not forget the UNLV loss in the tidy Las Vegas Bowl. The Cotton Bowl loss to Oklahoma was depressing as well. Decent pay days and Runner Up Bowl T-Shirts to wear with the Co-Champ SEC West T-Shirts. If you aint winning, you're losing ! The Indy Bowl win over Mizzou was the only bright spot.

Game performances don't matter in this discussion - it was the bowls themselves.

Now the Vegas Bowl, there's a bottom feeder if there was one.

Lionheart88

Quote from: Hoghead on July 20, 2014, 01:58:48 pm
Quote from: Lionheart88 on July 20, 2014, 09:23:48 am

Once again Hope as with MSU BEAT the team that is clinging to the Co- Champ tag. Hope won the 5A South as Ive stated so many times. The Champ of the 5A South played all of its PLAYOFF Games at HOME. The team hanging to the Co-Champ pipe dream lost on the road in Batesville. MSU went to the SEC Championship game. Meanwhile in Fayetteville,  the Hogs wore SEC Co-Champ T-Shirts and watched the SEC Championship game on TV drinking egg nog out of SEC CO-Champ cups !

Notice my sig at the bottom of the page, no Co- Champ reference ever. Call over to Ouachita County they can give you plenty of Info on it. The Hogs probably have some Co-Champ T-Shirt left.
A shared title is a shared title.  It doesn't matter who got the trip to Atlanta/1 seed.  Look on Hope's team page, and you'll see the following:

CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS: 12
LAST OUTRIGHT CONFERENCE TITLE: 2001

Y'all won a share, but so did CF.  Just like Arkansas won shares in '98 and '02.

Hoghead

^^^^^^^^ " It doesn't matter to YOU who goes to Atlanta for the SEC Title after a shared title. If it didn't matter they would flip a coin or something. It mattered, cause the Hogs lost. It mattered to CF, ask them ? The look on on the CF fans that night in Hope is still priceless ! Hope didn't lose to no stinking Co- Champs. LOL ! I don't care how FF tags it. LOL !!!

Big Fan

I guess when you go 12 years without one you'll take what you can get. 

Hoghead

July 20, 2014, 09:52:41 pm #93 Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 12:30:53 am by Hoghead
Quote from: Big Fan on July 20, 2014, 08:05:30 pm
I guess when you go 12 years without one you'll take what you can get. 

Actually its 8 years. Hope won the 5A SW Title  with  Co- Champ P-Rob in 2005. Hope beat P-Rob that year and got the #1 seed. Beat Siloam Springs in the playoffs and got stomped by Wynne the next week in Hope. Conference Champs 2000, 2001, 2005, 2013.

MoTownDog

Quote from: the voice on June 30, 2014, 06:55:36 am

Wrong , He was at Morrilton 3 seasons, the longest he had stayed anywhere. He will stay longer at Wynne. This will be 4th season.

Yes, he left after throwing away a state title with a bone head call to Greenwood.

Hoghead

Quote from: MoTownDog on July 28, 2014, 02:44:45 pm

Then he hitched up the U-haul and went to Ashdown I think ? Then he parked the U-haul at Boosier City Parkway before heading to Wynne.

Yes, he left after throwing away a state title with a bone head call to Greenwood.

the voice

July 30, 2014, 12:48:21 pm #96 Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 05:44:46 pm by the voice
Quote from: Hoghead on July 29, 2014, 01:35:04 am
Quote from: MoTownDog on July 28, 2014, 02:44:45 pm

Then he hitched up the U-haul and went to Ashdown I think ? Then he parked the U-haul at Boosier City Parkway before heading to Wynne.

Nope from Morrilton to Van Buren to Ashdown to Boosier City Parkway to Wynne
Got a good chance to get that state title , and as for the game against greenwood, seems like most coaches came up short against Rick Jones , more than one play determined that game. Its who makes the most that usually wins, any coach even in winning would like to have plays back. Would have been nice to have won that game , but Greenwood made more plays that day. It was a nail biter to the end with the on side kick the dogs had for a second. Say what you will about coach Hill , I doubt theres very many coaches who have won more games than him the last five years .

The_Pioneer

QuoteSay what you will about coach Hill , I doubt theres very many coaches who have won more games than him the last five years .

ooooh!  ooooohhh!  I know one!  It's UI's second fave coach.

tmycjy

Quote from: football nut on June 26, 2014, 07:33:04 pm

Thanks for the comment hope your team make it also

FD4

Hogs aint what they used to be in the old days.  I got the prediction correct last season with only three wins.  This season they win 4. As for Wynne, we are going to be pretty darn salty.  New turf or not, as a team, we are going to be very hard to beat.  Its going to take a team that will out match us man for man, and we all know that can happen.  I honestly look for us to run the table in the East, after that, Its a brand new ballgame.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas