• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clarksville HC job open

Started by whippersnapper, February 03, 2014, 01:48:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

whippersnapper

PORKEROINKER

They have more interviews scheduled through Friday and possibly a few next week, but from all indications they have interviewed the guy they want already. May from Booneville could very well be in the mix, and OC from southern Arkansas is high on the list as well.

PORKEROINKER

Quote from: whippersnapper on February 18, 2014, 06:56:21 pm
They finished interviews today from my source. No time line on the hire but they want them soon cause they only have 2 coaches in off season.

All the coaches are still around for now, will only be two left from this years high school staff next year, with Bannings departure and OC is not coaching next year.

zebrafan69

Who has interviewed that you know of for sure?
May
?
?
?

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Booneville DC Ricky May
4A HC
3A HC
4A OC
2 out of state guys

6 more to interview
4A HC
7A DC
5A DC
not sure on the other 3

I am not saying names because it's not my place.  If Clarksville releases the names voluntarily or with an FOI, then I would be glad to discuss them. 

Regardless, I think they will get a good coach.  May will be good, but I think the others I heard will be good as well.  As I said in an earlier post, it will be difficult for them to screw this up.

loyal fan

PORKEROINKER

It's pretty much down to a 4A OC and a 4A DC, unless or of these last 5 to interview just blows the committees socks off.

whippersnapper

zebrafan69

Not from mine either rumor is they have narrowed it down to four 7A,4A,3A,2A

whippersnapper

I haven't heard really any rumors. I know they have had a share of home run interviews. Its a tough decision for them to make. Almost pull a name out of a hat in my opinion

Truthfully

One 3A HC who was a 7A head coach for years and came back to the Clarksville area in recent years because he liked the area so much, compared to 7A large town atmosphere. Would be an excellent choice, many years of playoff teams, etc. Nothing else said, at this point.

Charlie55

Coach Khris Buckner is the best fit for Panther Football !

PORKEROINKER

Quote from: whippersnapper on February 21, 2014, 10:20:16 am
I haven't heard really any rumors. I know they have had a share of home run interviews. Its a tough decision for them to make. Almost pull a name out of a hat in my opinion

Sent you a PM.

PulltheTackle

Share the info with the rest of us.

PORKEROINKER

Quote from: zebrafan69 on February 21, 2014, 10:01:51 am
Not from mine either rumor is they have narrowed it down to four 7A,4A,3A,2A

You got the four right, but it is 4A,4A,4A,5A.

DogsWin7

Several good coaches have applied.   I am more favored towards one, however.  :)

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on February 24, 2014, 08:11:10 am
Several good coaches have applied.   I am more favored towards one, however.  :)
I believe over 50 applied, 11 have interviewed and the last today.  I think they will bring back the top 3 or 4.  I have not heard one interview name that I thought would not be a good choice.

cat14

Quote from: Coach DePriest, Harrison on February 24, 2014, 10:22:47 am
I believe over 50 applied, 11 have interviewed and the last today.  I think they will bring back the top 3 or 4.  I have not heard one interview name that I thought would not be a good choice.

cat14

Quote from: cat14 on February 24, 2014, 05:11:27 pm
Quote from: Coach DePriest, Harrison on February 24, 2014, 10:22:47 am

Absolutely Great Choices. Clarksville will be well represented in the future!

zebrafan69

Well.... My source has dried up I guess they are going to drag this out

DogsWin7

I heard of two that withdrew.  Of course, you can hear anything.

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on February 25, 2014, 10:53:46 am
I heard of two that withdrew.  Of course, you can hear anything.
That is probably accurate.  I heard they only ended up interviewing 13.

PORKEROINKER

I believe they have finished interviewing, and it is down to 4 maybe 5 but most likely 4.

loyal fan

PORKEROINKER

Quote from: loyal fan on February 26, 2014, 09:33:23 am
Any south ark applicants?

Yeah I know of one from South Central/Southwest Ar.

loyal fan

HSFBF

Think the top 3 are being discussed more today.. Most fans will be surprised. I hear one of the 3 that withdrew was a front runner too, at the time. Always an issue when a finalist is turned down and then has to face "the fans back home".. Russellville's coach has done that several years as had Tice when at Harrison. Some coaches just want a change, something different, while others want a step up in classification and more salary. Others go where they feel comfortable, even if a drop in class or less salary..  ;)  Should know something by Monday, if not sooner. The school where the new coach is from will have to hurry up and start the domino effect before Spring break. Not fun house hunting a month before school ends in May..  :-\

Jimbo Morphis

there are some tight lipped people in clarksville.

PORKEROINKER

Eli Cranor, is the new coach at Clarksville, being announced tonight at school board meeting. Has pretty much been the guy all along.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas