• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Valley view moving into the 5a east.

Started by Blazer51, December 22, 2013, 08:37:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blazer51

I've been on the 4a boards for a couple years. How do y'all see vv fairing I'm years to come? They have played 3 of the teams for the past 4 years and won most of the games.

Wonderdog

If valley view has a team similar to the 2013 blazers, they have a good shot at a 3 or 4 seed. I don't see them passing up batesville and Wynne, and Forrest city, west Helena, and maybe nettleton or blytheville could challenge for a 4 seed. I think next year will finish with Wynne at the top followed by batesville. Valley view, west Helena and Forrest city will battle for 3 and 4 seeds in my opinion.

C-Mac 73

Welcome to the 5A-East, Valley View. You will be an asset to the conference.

Hoghead

Another team Plankowner 5A East members GCT, Paragould & Nettleton won't be beating ! Welcome to the 5A East.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Wonderdog09 on December 22, 2013, 10:53:41 pm
If valley view has a team similar to the 2013 blazers, they have a good shot at a 3 or 4 seed. I don't see them passing up batesville and Wynne, and Forrest city, west Helena, and maybe nettleton or blytheville could challenge for a 4 seed. I think next year will finish with Wynne at the top followed by batesville. Valley view, west Helena and Forrest city will battle for 3 and 4 seeds in my opinion.

Helena will be in the 2-4A next year.

Wonderdog

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on December 23, 2013, 08:13:55 am

That's right. Forgot about that. Thanks for catching it.

olemissjacket99

Bates and wynne.  3-8 is literally toss up every yr.  esp in fb.  in other sports it will be competitive.

Go Postal

Good luck to Valley View moving into the East.  This is a nice addition to the East in a lot of sports. 

side note:  I want to congratulate Valley View for your 2013 4A Boys State Soccer Championship over CAC.  Keep up the great work.  Go for the 2014 4A trophy also.  This will be interesting in the Spring of 2015 when you finally play in that sport in the 5A.  You have a good start with that Championship under your belt.  A few hints to improve your futbal program in the upcoming years... If you play in a nonconference game with 6A East Searcy (top boys/girls teams in the State for their overall 10 championships, passed 5A Harrison boys/girls and PA boys/girls teams this last season with our overall 9 championships) do your best and strive for the win.  Great experience gained there.  Once you do come into that 5A Spring sport, up and coming Vilonia moves back to the West.  Should be very interesting during playoffs.  Just remember that the teams to beat in 2015 (according to their State records) will be 5A West Harrison boys/girls, 5A West LR Christian boys/girls, 5A South De Queen boys, 5A Central PA girls/maybe boys, probably 5A West Greenbrier boys/maybe girls.  Sounds like a lot, but you are the current 2013 4A boys Champs and the girls were 2009/2011 State Runner-ups.  Great start for this sport.  Keep improving your boy/girl teams and you can be both State Champions.  Good Luck! ...Enough of my side note.

Hope you do well in 2014 football season in conference play against hard hitting "Big Bruisers" Batesville and also do well in the playoffs.

justalionfan

Quote from: Wonderdog09 on December 23, 2013, 11:37:40 pm
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on December 23, 2013, 08:13:55 am

That's right. Forgot about that. Thanks for catching it.
Besides, even if helena was in 5A, they haven't been in the east for the past 4 years

Donnie Jamon

VV needs a head coach. Anyone know who they might like?

justalionfan

ricepig

AirWarren

Quote from: ricepig on May 13, 2014, 05:06:33 pm
Quote from: justajacketfan on May 13, 2014, 04:32:06 pm
Sherman leave?

Yes, apparently talking a teaching position in Gravette.

He saw the future there. After that superb class they had that will graduate this year, VV will be a dud for a long time coming.

Hoghead

The 5A East will still be the worst 5A conference in the State. Wynne & Batesville for the East Title. Valley Veiw changes nothing.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Hoghead on May 13, 2014, 05:24:06 pm
The 5A East will still be the worst 5A conference in the State.

Yet a far more better league than the Central, South, and West. 

AirWarren

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on May 13, 2014, 06:46:02 pm

Maybe the West and Central. But not the South.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: AirWarren on May 13, 2014, 06:46:39 pm

Maybe the West and Central. But not the South.

Half the conference consists of weak sisters, a couple under-achievers, and two programs that are currently dumpster fires as a result of idiotic school boards.

AirWarren

Uncle Ivan

To add, two programs that rank in the upper half that are currently dumpster fires due to idiotic school boards.  Who knows what those programs will look like even this fall?  If WC and CF slip, well, the people there know precisely who to blame.

If one ranked conferences right now (as if rankings meant anything), the instability in the South does not help.

Go Postal

May 13, 2014, 08:31:08 pm #19 Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 08:34:33 pm by Go Postal
I know this is a football forum, but how is VV doing in the rest of the sports.  Just curious.  I believe that they are still doing good in that "sport that shalt not be named in Alma" and in that sport, they should be pretty good in the East.  They will replace Vilonia, who is finally coming back to the West in that sport.  BTW, Vilonia got East conference Champs again this year in that sport.  A twofer.  5A Playoffs are starting on Thursday.
Just wondering how VV will help the East in any sport next cycle.

ricepig

Quote from: Go Postal on May 13, 2014, 08:31:08 pm
I know this is a football forum, but how is VV doing in the rest of the sports.  Just curious.  I believe that they are still doing good in that "sport that shalt not be named in Alma" and in that sport, they should be pretty good in the East.  They will replace Vilonia, who is finally coming back to the West in that sport.  BTW, Vilonia got East conference Champs again this year in that sport.  A twofer.  Playoffs are starting on Thursday.
Just wondering how VV will help the East in any sport next cycle.

Probably be a contender in every sport but boys basketball, maybe girls??

Hoghead

May 14, 2014, 12:47:13 am #21 Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 12:59:34 am by Hoghead

You believe in Fairy Tales way to much. The GCT , Paragould & Nettletons provide enough fire wood for the 5A East to burn 25 years .  Forrest City is a Trick Pony and Blythville is inconsistent. Valley View will just be another win for this two team conference.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Hoghead on May 14, 2014, 12:47:13 am

You believe in Fairy Tales way to much. The GCT , Paragould & Nettletons provide enough fire wood for the 5A East to burn 25 years .  Forrest City is a Trick Pony and Blythville is inconsistent. Valley View will just be another win for this two team conference.

We could flip things around quite easily.

"The Magnolias , DeQueens & Hot Springs teams provide enough fire wood for the 5A South to burn 25 years .  Hope is a Trick Pony and White Hall is inconsistent."

Big Fan

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on May 14, 2014, 08:25:49 pm
Quote from: Hoghead on May 14, 2014, 12:47:13 am

We could flip things around quite easily.

"The Magnolias , DeQueens & Hot Springs teams provide enough fire wood for the 5A South to burn 25 years .  Hope is a Trick Pony and White Hall is inconsistent."
.......and Chapel is now a train wreck

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Big Fan on May 14, 2014, 08:27:28 pm

That would be it.  Fairview is uncertain with all the defections.

whippersnapper

VV needs a head coach because he knows what is coming with moving up. They may go 6-4 at best next year then drop off. They are still a young program, yes you made a great run this year but you really need a couple more years in 4a to help learn how sustain that success. Batesville and Wynne will be brutal then nettleton and forest city are a toss up.

Hoghead

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on May 14, 2014, 08:28:48 pm
Quote from: Big Fan on May 14, 2014, 08:27:28 pm

That would be it.  Fairview is uncertain with all the defections.

Yea, but in the 5A East you can go 3-7 and make the playoffs. Its the worst 5A Conference of the 4. Valley View will cement that fact. Dodge the intangibles if you must. Hot Springs can beat the GCTs of the world. DeQueen is our 4A push card like Valley View. 21-0 !

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Hoghead on May 15, 2014, 05:57:57 am
Yea, but in the 5A East you can go 3-7 and make the playoffs.

Speaks of the parity some years.

And if one wants to look at it that way, there isn't a traditional power in the South.    Whipping boys and one-trick ponies.  WH and WC would fail to make the playoffs most years in the East.

Hoghead

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on May 15, 2014, 09:10:08 am

And if one wants to look at it that way, there isn't a traditional power in the South.    Whipping boys and one-trick ponies.  WH and WC would fail to make the playoffs most years in the East.

Beating Paragould, GCT & Nettleton is not parity. Its called crawfishing into the playoffs because the conference is weak. WH & WC would make the playoffs every year up there thanks to GCT, Paragould, NHS and Valley View. No Traditional Powers in the South ? Overlooking Camden's run here in 5A only sweetens your frosty mug of hateraid. Who kicked Wynne's Traditional Power butts out of the playoffs the past two years ? Type and say it slow, CAMDEN FAIRVIEW & HOPE ! Now play your FLUKE card and enjoy that 21-0

Uncle Ivan

May 15, 2014, 01:33:52 pm #29 Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 02:08:47 pm by Uncle Ivan
Quote from: Hoghead on May 15, 2014, 01:02:45 pm
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on May 15, 2014, 09:10:08 am

Beating Paragould, GCT & Nettleton is not parity. Its called crawfishing into the playoffs because the conference is weak. WH & WC would make the playoffs every year up there thanks to GCT, Paragould, NHS and Valley View. No Traditional Powers in the South ? Overlooking Camden's run here in 5A only sweetens your frosty mug of hateraid. Who kicked Wynne's Traditional Power butts out of the playoffs the past two years ? Type and say it slow, CAMDEN FAIRVIEW & HOPE ! Now play your FLUKE card and enjoy that 21-0

Like I said, no traditional powers - and there are only about two teams in the South that could be perennial playoff teams in the East. 

The difference between a Hope and a Wynne is that Wynne will be competitive at high levels regardless of decade and coach.  Hope has not had that sustained success, and has not shown it will.  We shall see with Fairview.

Lions84

I expect Valley View to get a hot welcome this fall !

Hoghead

^^^^^^ Not true about Wynne. How soon do we forget the Ray Ray Shempert years in Wynne where you won absolutely nothing. So skip the no matter what talk. Chris Hill had you guys nervous. The Wynne faithful didnt want Morrilton's, Ashdown's & BC Parkways Coach at first. Batesville owns your conference now. Valley View and the others will only help Wynne pad their record on conference losers. Granted Wynne has been a State 5A power, but the 5A East is a cake conference.  Ask Batesville, they run it ! 21-0 !

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Hoghead on May 15, 2014, 02:44:32 pm
^^^^^^ Not true about Wynne. How soon do we forget the Ray Ray Shempert years in Wynne where you won absolutely nothing. So skip the no matter what talk. Chris Hill had you guys nervous. The Wynne faithful didnt want Morrilton's, Ashdown's & BC Parkways Coach at first. Batesville owns your conference now. Valley View and the others will only help Wynne pad their record on conference losers. Granted Wynne has been a State 5A power, but the 5A East is a cake conference.  Ask Batesville, they run it ! 21-0 !

Odd how VV is a cupcake, yet still is a better program than at least half the South.

Speaking of cupcakes, Hope was precisely that until their own one-trick pony year last season.  Maybe the AAA can let them join the East - granted, it'd lower the strength of the conference, but it'd be a guaranteed win every year.

tmycjy

Hey want to welcome valley view to the 5-A east and want to wish u luck in the east

The_Pioneer

Hope is always welcome to visit us up here at Batesville.

Hoghead

Quote from: The_Pioneer on May 16, 2014, 09:45:41 pm

At least Hope could make the playoffs out of the 5A East every year. Something Paragould, GCT, Nettleton and Valley View can't do. Wynne brought a decent squad to Hope last year that got shut out. Hope has beat Wynne more than those 5A East teams besides BATESVILLE.  Stuffing that 21-0 down Wynnes throat last year was nice. The look on Wynne players and fans face after the loss was even better ! The 5A East is the worst 5A conference in the state. Cling to Paragould, defend GCT, support Nettleton, cuddle Valley View, prop up Forrest City, standby Blytheville as you BEAT THE BRAKES off of them. Its a two team conference point blank.

The_Pioneer

You can only get the #2 seed.  Getting the 1 requires beating...Batesville.  You won't hear any argument from me.  Can't MAKE other programs get better.  That's up to them.  I remember when we were one of them.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Hoghead on May 17, 2014, 12:32:24 pm
Quote from: The_Pioneer on May 16, 2014, 09:45:41 pm

At least Hope could make the playoffs out of the 5A East every year. Something Paragould, GCT, Nettleton and Valley View can't do. Wynne brought a decent squad to Hope last year that got shut out. Hope has beat Wynne more than those 5A East teams besides BATESVILLE.  Stuffing that 21-0 down Wynnes throat last year was nice. The look on Wynne players and fans face after the loss was even better ! The 5A East is the worst 5A conference in the state. Cling to Paragould, defend GCT, support Nettleton, cuddle Valley View, prop up Forrest City, standby Blytheville as you BEAT THE BRAKES off of them. Its a two team conference point blank.

Yet when one looks at the South today, there really aren't any dominant programs in it.

One can only state that that conference is strong if you consider shared mediocrity as a strength.

And, lest we forget, there were a number of beatings Hope took by Wynne - and they didn't have to knock the QB out to do it.

Hoghead

QB's getting knocked out are part of the game. I knew you would have an excuse from Flukeville. Hope has won more playoff games than Blytheville, Paragould, FC, GCT & Valley View combined. Thats 5 schools from that tea pot conference with no sucess in outer conference play. You can add in Nettleton too. The 5A East is a joke ! Numbers dont lie Ivan. 21-0 !

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Hoghead on May 17, 2014, 08:30:34 pm
QB's getting knocked out are part of the game. I knew you would have an excuse from Flukeville. Hope has won more playoff games than Blytheville, Paragould, FC, GCT & Valley View combined. Thats 5 schools from that tea pot conference with no sucess in outer conference play. You can add in Nettleton too.

Same number of state titles, however.  How many does that conference have, total?  Three, four? 

If I wanted to be silly, I'd post scores such as 34-0, 33-0, 41-21, and so forth.  They weren't outliers like a 21-0 was.

Hoghead

May 18, 2014, 03:06:15 am #40 Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 03:19:15 am by Hoghead
Now you said you wouldn't be silly, but Hot Springs has just as many state titles (4 ) as Wynne. The point being made is Valley View will be like the other doormats of the 5A East. So you stand corrected on your above post. The South is the better conference and Wynne's last two losses to 5A South foes cements that fact.

Now granted Batesville & Wynne are the beast of the East, the others a mere chaff ! When Hope has more playoff wins than 5 schools combined in the 5A East that's pathetic ! Every School in the 5A South has better combined playoff records of those 5 schools. Every School in the 5A South except for DeQueen and HS Lakeside has won at least one State Title. DeQueen has a better record playoff wise than those 5 east schools. DeQueen !!!  Blytheville, FC, Paragould, GCT have 4 wins combined in over 45 playoff games. Numbers never lie Ivan. 21-0 !

walkingguy72396

It is what it is.  Too earn the East number 1, wins versus Batesville and Wynne are a must.  Then the rest is usually a given.  Exceptions, in the last 10 years or so.  Forrest City once, Nettleton once, Blytheville once.  Oh and a very good Helena Team that woulda coulda shoulda.  Since they are not in the mix forget I wrote that down.

Now could the 4-8 teams of the South, get wins over the 4-8 teams of the East.  I doubt that it would be a sweep.  More than likely be 50-50.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Hoghead on May 18, 2014, 03:06:15 am
Now you said you wouldn't be silly, but Hot Springs has just as many state titles (4 ) as Wynne. The point being made is Valley View will be like the other doormats of the 5A East. So you stand corrected on your above post. The South is the better conference and Wynne's last two losses to 5A South foes cements that fact.

Now granted Batesville & Wynne are the beast of the East, the others a mere chaff ! When Hope has more playoff wins than 5 schools combined in the 5A East that's pathetic ! Every School in the 5A South has better combined playoff records of those 5 schools. Every School in the 5A South except for DeQueen and HS Lakeside has won at least one State Title. DeQueen has a better record playoff wise than those 5 east schools. DeQueen !!!  Blytheville, FC, Paragould, GCT have 4 wins combined in over 45 playoff games. Numbers never lie Ivan. 21-0 !

Three titles, if you count one from 1934 - same year Blytheville won one, with a grand total of seven for the Chickasaws.

The one thing you neglect to mention is that Hope has a much older program than some of those in the East.  More playoff wins - one would hope so, being that they've had more opportunities to - with the same number of state titles as a Nettleton, VV, etc - Zero.  A Dequeen, Lakeside, Fairview, WC, Hope, all programs that have accomplished little to nothing long term.  Hot Springs and Magnolia have, but not since at least the Nixon Administration.

Better conference?  Like I've proven, top to bottom, the East is the more competitive, well-rounded one of the bunch.  If you're a betting man, it's a safe bet to lay cash on no South program ever accomplishing anything.  There's historical precedent, after all.

Hoghead

Hope has a State Title , two actually.  FF only shows the 1963 title. They won it in 58 also. As for a conference you can't be 16-73 against other 5A schools and claim to play in a tough conference. That's the Playoff record of the other 6 5A East schools. Take away CF & WC and the 6 other 5A South schools have 70 playoff wins.

Hoghead

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on May 18, 2014, 03:43:18 pm
Quote from: Hoghead on May 18, 2014, 03:06:15 am

Three titles, if you count one from 1934 - same year Blytheville won one, with a grand total of seven for the Chickasaws.

The one thing you neglect to mention is that Hope has a much older program than some of those in the East.  More playoff wins - one would hope so, being that they've had more opportunities to - with the same number of state titles as a Nettleton, VV, etc - Zero.  A Dequeen, Lakeside, Fairview, WC, Hope, all programs that have accomplished little to nothing long term.  Hot Springs and Magnolia have, but not since at least the Nixon Administration.

Better conference?  Like I've proven, top to bottom, the East is the more competitive, well-rounded one of the bunch.  If you're a betting man, it's a safe bet to lay cash on no South program ever accomplishing anything.  There's historical precedent, after all.

Hope has the older program and VV is in year 6 of football. But.....the playoffs started in 1969. So everyone besides Valley View has had the same shots in the playoffs. Your last two loses at Wynne are to SOUTH Programs. Im a betting man. I bet with all Wynne has coming back this year the don't win a 5A State Title. Like I've proven the 5A East is a 2 team conference. 

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Hoghead on May 18, 2014, 04:57:58 pm
Your last two loses at Wynne are to SOUTH Programs. 

Funny how the comparison stops at two.  Lest we forget, there were some thirty-point blankings in there not all that far back.

Quote from: Hoghead on May 18, 2014, 04:57:58 pm
I bet with all Wynne has coming back this year the don't win a 5A State Title.

They very well may be the odds-on favorite.  I don't see any program in the South posing any sort of challenge.  After all, the South very well is the weakest conference in the classification - Central perhaps, but they have a top-notch program.

Hoghead

Wynne is the favorite. But the 5A East is the worst conference. Paragould and GCT assures you of that. Forrest City 1-16, Blythville 2-17, GCT 1-6 and Paragould 1-9 in the playoffs. Wynne struggles with them in conference ? No they don't !!!!  Batesville is the only tough conference game you play. Remember the Ray Ray Shempert years at Wynne when you actually lost to GCT ?   LOL !!!!!!

But your 16-73 playoff record of the other schools screams the 5A East is weak. Remember a few years ago Wynne crawfished into the playoffs with 3 wins period ? The Conference was that sorry !   Numbers never lie Ivan. 16-73 !!!!!    16-73 Dude !!!!

Big Fan

Quote from: Hoghead on May 18, 2014, 04:09:19 pm
Hope has a State Title , two actually.  FF only shows the 1963 title. They won it in 58 also.
....and you give faithful, optimistic Hog fans a hard time??  Come on man!  I smell hypocrite. 

FTR, the South has been the stronger of the two conferences in recent years.  UI is just fish'n and you are biting hard.  lol

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Big Fan on May 18, 2014, 07:58:36 pm
UI is just fish'n and you are biting hard.  lol

After a decade, you'd think he'd be used to it by now.

Hoghead

°°^^^^^^^^^^^^^ If either of you noticed this thread was about VV.  I baited the hook with 5A East bottom feeder bait. UI darn near nawed my hand off !

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas