• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A Football in 2015 & the "Way Too Early Top 10"

Started by FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48, December 16, 2014, 09:15:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48

This is NOT a Warren topic, but instead a chance for everyone to share some insight on their respective team for next season.  This year, Class 4A was loaded with some really, really good teams and it made for one of the best play-offs I can remember in recent memory.  I know a lot of teams are losing some key pieces, while others are returning either seasoned starters or impressive, young talent. 

How does your team shape up for next season and what can we expect looking ahead.  Can't wait to hear from everyone. 

Also, throw out some early projections for next year's Top 10.  This could get interesting!

--Kyle

LJ06

I'll agree with you on that one LJ.  Just looking briefly at what some of the posters have said about their respective teams, I threw together a quick Top 10 for myself.  7-4A and 8-4A well represented again next year.

1. Nashville
2. Newport
3. Arkadelphia
4. Star City
5. Malvern
6. Dollarway
7. Warren
8. Shiloh Christian
9. Stuttgart
10. Gosnell

Again, it's WAY too early with a full spring of practices and a summer worth of potential moves--some teams will elevate, others will decline.  If I were a Nashville fan, it'd be pretty disappointing if the Scrappers aren't at least playing for the title next December.  If there was ever a year for Star City to finally make it over the hump, they better do it in 2015 before Warren's young talent matures.  I do look for Shiloh Christian to be an improved team next year (no where near their glory days, but much improved) and Stuttgart will also be vastly improved I feel next season with another year under their belts.  Warren will take some lumps, but I think will compete well, should definitely make the play-offs and could pull off a surprise or two next season in the post-season, but a Quarterfinal berth would be about as far as I could stretch this team to make it. 

As you've said LJ, we'll be very, very young.  Talented, but young.  Might look like 2011 again, I could see the Jacks going 8-5, maybe 9-4 at best.  Still, should be fun and everything they learn next will pay big dividends in 2016.

--Kyle

AirWarren

STUNNA

Wonder what the non conference schedule will be next season? I know we play PA and Stuttgart. Wonder who will be the other team.

mr.b@sc

Quote from: FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48 on December 16, 2014, 09:31:43 am
I'll agree with you on that one LJ.  Just looking briefly at what some of the posters have said about their respective teams, I threw together a quick Top 10 for myself.  7-4A and 8-4A well represented again next year.

1. Nashville
2. Newport
3. Arkadelphia
4. Star City
5. Malvern
6. Dollarway
7. Warren
8. Shiloh Christian
9. Stuttgart
10. Gosnell

Again, it's WAY too early with a full spring of practices and a summer worth of potential moves--some teams will elevate, others will decline.  If I were a Nashville fan, it'd be pretty disappointing if the Scrappers aren't at least playing for the title next December.  If there was ever a year for Star City to finally make it over the hump, they better do it in 2015 before Warren's young talent matures.  I do look for Shiloh Christian to be an improved team next year (no where near their glory days, but much improved) and Stuttgart will also be vastly improved I feel next season with another year under their belts.  Warren will take some lumps, but I think will compete well, should definitely make the play-offs and could pull off a surprise or two next season in the post-season, but a Quarterfinal berth would be about as far as I could stretch this team to make it. 

As you've said LJ, we'll be very, very young.  Talented, but young.  Might look like 2011 again, I could see the Jacks going 8-5, maybe 9-4 at best.  Still, should be fun and everything they learn next will pay big dividends in 2016.

--Kyle
As AW would have said if Kyle had not put warren at number 7   BOOM    lol

AirWarren

mr.b@sc

Quote from: AirWarren on December 16, 2014, 09:47:31 am
:D.
i know that had to sting a little seeing Warren at #7.. with as many as they are going to lose i would have them at 4 or 5....

Quote from: STUNNA on December 16, 2014, 09:45:05 am
Wonder what the non conference schedule will be next season? I know we play PA and Stuttgart. Wonder who will be the other team.

I'd imagine we'll be in another Hooten's Classic.  They love having the Jack's there and I think Bo enjoys playing in them because they're able to get the match-ups with bigger programs that we sometimes can't get on our own.  I would rather see Warren play maybe a 5A team though, Wynne maybe?  We've shown we can compete with the big boys of 7A but it's also been tough starting the season out against teams with that much of a size and depth advantage.  We also don't need any injuries if we can avoid them.  Would love to see Bo dip into North Louisiana to schedule someone down here in my neck of the woods, but I won't hold my breath.

--Kyle

STUNNA

I could also see us throwing Camden Fairview back on the schedule!

LJ06

Somebody in Hootens Classic I'm sure.

LJ06

Quote from: STUNNA on December 16, 2014, 09:54:26 am

It's possible for sure.

hawgfan15

This is the season I have been waiting for. Nashville returns 8 starters on offense and 5 starters on defense. Most of the top reserves in 2014 will return. We will also move up an undefeated 9th grade class with several talented sophomores who will see playing time early.

The big programs in 4A seem to all be losing very talented senior classes. After one of the best and deepest seasons, 4A looks to be down in 2015. Most teams will have big question marks headed into the spring and summer.

My best guess:

1. Nashville
2. Malvern
3. Warren
4. Arkadelphia
5. Dardanelle
6. Star City
7. Dollarway
8. Helena
9. Shiloh
10. Ashdown

Quote from: LJ06 on December 16, 2014, 10:07:50 am

It's possible for sure.

I think the ties to Camden Fairview were Bo's ties with Buck James.  Now that Buck has moved on to Little Rock Christian, I don't think we'll schedule Camden Fairview again, but I could definitely be wrong.  If I could have my pick of opponents for Warren, it'd look like this.

5A: Wynne, Morrilton, Maumelle or Batesville
4A: Nashville, Malvern, Arkadelphia, Lonoke or Newport
Louisiana: Union Parish, Sterlington, Mangham, OCS, Oak Grove, Bastrop or Neville

Not saying Warren would beat all of those teams, but if Bo wants to test his squad against stout competition in the non-conference slate, all of those teams would be a good measuring stick for the Jacks.  Plus, it'd be nice to see how you stack up in your own classification before getting into conference.  But who knows, I'm not the schedule maker--BUT, if he ever wants to talk to some Louisiana schools, I can give him a heads up on where to start.

--Kyle

LJ06

My way too early nobody has a clue top ten

1. Nashville
2. Newport
3. Malvern
4. Star City
5. Arkadelphia
6. Warren
7. Stuttgart
8. Shiloh Christian
9. Dollarway
10. Ashdown

LJ06

Quote from: FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48 on December 16, 2014, 10:16:36 am

It's possible for sure.

I think the ties to Camden Fairview were Bo's ties with Buck James.  Now that Buck has moved on to Little Rock Christian, I don't think we'll schedule Camden Fairview again, but I could definitely be wrong.  If I could have my pick of opponents for Warren, it'd look like this.

Louisiana: Union Parish, Sterlington, Mangham, OCS, Oak Grove, Bastrop or Neville

Not saying Warren would beat all of those teams, but if Bo wants to test his squad against stout competition in the non-conference slate, all of those teams would be a good measuring stick for the Jacks.  Plus, it'd be nice to see how you stack up in your own classification before getting into conference.  But who knows, I'm not the schedule maker--BUT, if he ever wants to talk to some Louisiana schools, I can give him a heads up on where to start.

--Kyle

I was just thinking about Batesville

STUNNA

Quote from: FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48 on December 16, 2014, 10:16:36 am

It's possible for sure.

--Kyle
Only reason I suggesred Fairview was because their coach was at Hamburg last year. Maybe still a connection their.

Quote from: LJ06 on December 16, 2014, 10:21:07 am

It's possible for sure.

--Kyle

I was just thinking about Batesville

Good minds think alike.  Plus, I just really like playing schools who are Orange and Black too.  Plus, Batesville's stadium is pretty awesome.  Love the endzone patterns with the checkerboard. 

phdefense

White Hall would give you solid competition and a good gate.

whippersnapper

1. Nashville
2. Star City
3. Malvern
4. Warren
5. Arkadelphia
6. Gosnell
7. PG
8. Dardanelle
9. Pocahontas
10. Robinson

taclark1996

1.nashville
2.warren
3. Malvern
4.newport
5.pocahontas
6. Hamburg
7. Shiloh
8.Robison
9. Dollarway
10. Clinton

AirWarren

Quote from: mr.b@sc on December 16, 2014, 09:50:26 am
Quote from: AirWarren on December 16, 2014, 09:47:31 am
:D.
i know that had to sting a little seeing Warren at #7.. with as many as they are going to lose i would have them at 4 or 5....

Naw. It will be a rebuiding year. Lines Saturday that will take over next year look big again. The backup qb and the 3rd string back marched it down the field and scored a touchdown on mena. We will have a winning season and make the playoffs. I'll take it after this year for sure!

AirWarren

Quote from: phdefense on December 16, 2014, 10:28:35 am

White hall would be a good option.

Romeo

Honestly, I I'm not sure I would put Warren in the top ten for next season. Were losing too much to be that optimistic for a top five ranking.

LJ06

Quote from: Romeo on December 16, 2014, 11:33:52 am
Honestly, I I'm not sure I would put Warren in the top ten for next season. Were losing too much to be that optimistic for a top five ranking.

I tend to agree. 6-10 at best but hoping to be very surprised. Plenty were all doom and gloom after the 2004 season too and look how that turned out lol. This upcoming year we will have talent, probably more numbers, just tons of youth/inexperience. Thankfully a lot of our 2nd teamers got plenty of playing time this year.

hawgfan15

Quote from: LJ06 on December 16, 2014, 11:48:02 am

I tend to agree. 6-10 at best but hoping to be very surprised. Plenty were all doom and gloom after the 2004 season too and look how that turned out lol. This upcoming year we will have talent, probably more numbers, just tons of youth/inexperience. Thankfully a lot of our 2nd teamers got plenty of playing time this year.

My thinking behind putting them in my top 5 is that almost every other team in 4A is losing a lot also. With Warrens tradition and a senior class that has played in two state championship games I will give them the benefit of the doubt. The experience and winning mentality that a state championship brings is underrated.

Romeo

Difference with that year is that we had one of the most talented sophomore classes moving up. That was the class of Jarius and Greg Childs. Not saying next year's sophomores aren't talented, but they are not on the same level as those 2005 sophomores. History has also shown that we tend to struggle or have issues when we lose a large number of seniors who played so many roles. We went from 9-4 and the semi-finals to 4-7 after we lost our seniors in 1997. Same with 2010 after we lost those seniors.

Lacerta agilis

I sure don't have clue how to rate next year's top 10, but a team of interest will be Dover. They were eerily similar this year (8-3) to the 2012 Booneville (8-4) and 2013 Dardanelle (8-4) teams. Very young team that returns a lot of experience. It might be the next team nobody saw coming.

bigunit11

Malvern is way too high with all that they are loosing.

whippersnapper

Quote from: Lacerta agilis on December 16, 2014, 12:04:55 pm
I sure don't have clue how to rate next year's top 10, but a team of interest will be Dover. They were eerily similar this year (8-3) to the 2012 Booneville (8-4) and 2013 Dardanelle (8-4) teams. Very young team that returns a lot of experience. It might be the next team nobody saw coming.
I almost put them in it. But with a poor showing at Gosnell have they quite figured it all the way out yet? But I may have them at 9 or 10 by June.

Lacerta agilis

Quote from: whippersnapper on December 16, 2014, 12:18:28 pm
I almost put them in it. But with a poor showing at Gosnell have they quite figured it all the way out yet? But I may have them at 9 or 10 by June.

That's still to be seen. Just keep in mind, Booneville lost it's last game to Ozark 35-14 in 2012 and Dardanelle lost last year to Warren 48-13. Who knows?

THE D.O.C

Quote from: bigunit11 on December 16, 2014, 12:06:33 pm
Only thing their loosing is a couple linemen and receivers, they will have a very talented jr class. RB's, DB's, LB's, QB are all in place.

LJ06

Quote from: THE D.O.C on December 16, 2014, 01:03:33 pm
Quote from: bigunit11 on December 16, 2014, 12:06:33 pm
Only thing their loosing is a couple linemen and receivers, they will have a very talented jr class. RB's, DB's, LB's, QB are all in place.

Bout to say they still return a bunch. With Collie back and some of their backs they should be pretty good. Remember some were saying the Junior back was better than Hernandez.

THE D.O.C

Malvern will be scary fast with speed at all the skilled positions. Along with the speed there will be depth at those positions. At RB they can play as many as 5 kids, so it's easy to say a couple RB's will play DB. The Defense will be the same if not better.

FootBallar21

Quote from: whippersnapper on December 16, 2014, 10:39:10 am
1. Nashville
2. Star City
3. Malvern
4. Warren
5. Arkadelphia
6. Gosnell
7. PG
8. Dardanelle
9. Pocahontas
10. Robinson

looks pretty good, here is mine.

1. Nashville
2. Star City
3. Arkadelphia
4. Malvern
5. Warren
6. Pottsville
7. Gosnell
8. Dollarway
9. Shiloh
10. Mena ( I have high hopes for Ryan Ozanich ,  I know this kid and know the time and effort he puts in,  he was a solid backup running back and contributor on defense this year.  HE will be taking over for Sage Kesterson at QB,    Kesterson only broke about every QB record Mena had, so he will have big shoes to fill!   

Quote from: hawgfan15 on December 16, 2014, 11:55:36 am

My thinking behind putting them in my top 5 is that almost every other team in 4A is losing a lot also. With Warrens tradition and a senior class that has played in two state championship games I will give them the benefit of the doubt. The experience and winning mentality that a state championship brings is underrated.

That's my thinking too.  Warren won't be the champ next year, but they won't be a chump either.  There is enough talent, albeit young talent, to put a very competitive team on the field.  Also, the vast majority of 4A's more historically dominant programs will take some hits next year as well.  I don't see Warren falling way off in conference play, with the only two teams I give a realistic shot at beating the Jacks being Star City and Dollarway.  Hamburg will take a step back without Savage.  The real darkhorse in the 8-4A is Crossett.  I'm telling you, the Eagles might jump up and surprise everyone next season.  I think the teams I listed in my Top 5 are a cut above everyone else going into the season, but as I mentioned, if Warren's young talent can come together, absorb the loses they'll take, learn from them and improve week to week, I could see the Jacks make a push into the Quarterfinals before getting outed by a more senior laden team--whomever that might be.

I see your concerns too Romeo, but I really don't think we'll see the massive drop-off that we did in 2010.  These kids got on the field a lot this season, heck, they played almost a whole quarter in the state championship.  Bo did a good job getting them onto the field in anticipation of next season.  I think it'll take some time to get their feet under them, but they'll get that chance.  If we're 1-2 or 0-3 going into conference, Bo has shown us there's no need for an all-out panic.  Even a loss to Star City doesn't doom us.  Boys just have to toughen up and get better.  I think we'll be pleasantly surprised with our 2015 campaign and should be right back in the thick of it in 2016.

--Kyle

bearcatfan57

Quote from: LJ06 on December 16, 2014, 10:19:21 am
My way too early nobody has a clue top ten

1. Nashville
2. Newport
3. Malvern
4. Star City
5. Arkadelphia
6. Warren
7. Stuttgart
8. Shiloh Christian
9. Dollarway
10. Ashdown

mine is similar have 3 and six switched though unless yall are really losing that much I really don't see how a number one can drop 5 spots but its your team man you know more than I do just wondering no disrespect

polksalet

bearcatfan57

Quote from: polksalet on December 17, 2014, 12:06:56 am
Nashville returns the best looking fanbase.
yall are a shoo in for the conference championship unless something goes really really wrong but then again it is wat too early and anything can happen any given Friday after all things could turn down a dark path and Waldron wins the conference .... :'D hahahaha ok well maybe not that far but yeah still 

Wonderdog

Quote from: AirWarren on December 16, 2014, 11:31:39 am
Quote from: phdefense on December 16, 2014, 10:28:35 am

White hall would be a good option.
I would enjoy this match up. However, to my understanding, White Hall is under contract to travel to Van Buren in week 1 in 2015.

The Coach

December 17, 2014, 07:54:40 am #40 Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 07:56:35 am by The Coach

Dover loses 4 starting OLinemen and their QB so we'll see how they replace them. They were easily the biggest team in the 4-4A this year and prolly one of the biggest in 4A overall.

bigunit11

DOC

You may want to look again. Starters lost: 2DL, 2LB, corner, safty, 4OL, 2-3 WR. Now I do think they have some skilled players to plug in but that will require some to play both ways, and the line spots will be difficult.

LAfootball fan

I just don't see Warren being in the top ten.  They have to break in a new qb, almost all new wr's, new lineman on both sides of the ball, db's, etc.  They just lost a ton of starters on both sides of the ball.  That second string defense gave up quite a few yards and points when they came into most games.  Now the second offense may do fine but it will take at least until mid season for them to start rounding into form.  I just think they will struggle scoring enough points to win more than 6 to 7 games next year.  A lot of young talent but they will need next year to develop and come on strong in 2016.  I am seeing a total rebuild for next year and most teams struggle when you have to replace that many starters from the previous year.  I do believe they have a rb that will replace Kilay and perform very well next season.  Just don't see the passing game being there yet.

cuckoobird

If Stuttgart can find a decent QB, they will be very dangerous. We are losing 7 seniors from this years team and only one of those was a lineman. We have a huge soon to be sophmore class that may be more talented than the 2012 seniors. It all depends on how they play as a team.

CounterPunch

I hope Star City can finally pull it together. We MUST get better defensively to win a championship, that's just as simple as I can put it.

STUNNA

Quote from: CounterPunch on December 17, 2014, 12:13:49 pm
I hope Star City can finally pull it together. We MUST get better defensively to win a championship, that's just as simple as I can put it.
Capps needs to just move to Warren lol... We will use him for you guys!!

Superjack45

Warren will be rebuilding for at least 2 years and by that time the will be a top contender in 4A again. Will have a lot of young players to brake in.

THE D.O.C

December 17, 2014, 01:15:06 pm #47 Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 01:26:24 pm by THE D.O.C
Quote from: bigunit11 on December 17, 2014, 09:06:50 am
DOC

You may want to look again. Starters lost: 2DL, 2LB, corner, safty, 4OL, 2-3 WR. Now I do think they have some skilled players to plug in but that will require some to play both ways, and the line spots will be difficult.
Offensive line will be a concern but not much because couple sophomores that played this year will fill in, also 6-3 Sr. Bo Gray and don't forget 6' 280 Austin Wright will be back this year. Linebacker we lost Smith and 5-7 Hart but his younger brother is about 6-0. We'll have Florence, Blaschke and Freer. Defensive line will have returning starter Cooper, D. Smith along with help from 10th grader . I don't think I need to speak on skilled underclassmen because they are loaded.

hogfan10

Quote from: LJ06 on December 16, 2014, 09:22:42 am
Nashville will be number one Im sure

Aren't they always, at least in the preseason.

Of course that can apply to Warren also, depending on which town the prognosticators are from.

AirWarren

Quote from: hogfan10 on December 17, 2014, 01:26:37 pm
Quote from: LJ06 on December 16, 2014, 09:22:42 am
Nashville will be number one Im sure

Aren't they always, at least in the preseason.

Of course that can apply to Warren also, depending on which town the prognosticators are from.

Don't be truly upset. Until someone from 4A not named Nashville, Shiloh, or Warren wins the state title since after the year 2001...then you might as well deal with it.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas