• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DEAR NASHVILLE COACHES

Started by Bigbossman, December 13, 2014, 11:56:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

~WPS~

Didn't play them this year, but last year we won 35-0.

Junior high has beat them 3 times during this 38 game win streak.

BassMaster33

Quote from: FootBallar21 on December 15, 2014, 06:11:19 pm
nope but compared to a quarter final exit, I will take 2nd ANY DAY!   mark that down!
Everyone would! At least you guys had the opportunity to bring home a State Title! In 99' we (Fouke Baseball), lost to Dequeen In the regular season, and in the District Championship!  But beat them in the Regional Championship and in the State Championship!  So we split 2-2 on the season. Who you think had the better season?
I'm sure Nashville players, even if they wouldn't admit it, would've swapped that Mena "mercy ruling" for a trip to the Rock!

Bigbossman

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on December 15, 2014, 08:48:29 pm
Didn't play them this year, but last year we won 35-0.

Junior high has beat them 3 times during this 38 game win streak.
I knew we had, I wasnt sure how recent or anything. I hadn't kept up with our jr other than to know we hadn't lost in several years. I will be watching jr high over the next couple years.

intruder

Any word on all district or all state from Nashville

hawgfan15

No one wants to go to the state championship game and get mercy ruled

bearcatfan57

Quote from: hawgfan15 on December 16, 2014, 12:19:49 am
No one wants to go to the state championship game and get mercy ruled
but you would have gotten the same result if it was reversed and yall went to state warren would have crushed yall too so stop being all high and mighty sure you would have beat Mena still no matter what, but honestly I definitely don't think yall could have mercy ruled Mena if 44 played  stop trying to act like Mena was a crap team they earned there way to a title game and it really is annoying how no matter what Nashville has to try to rag on Mena come on now grow up  a little bit all yall do is bring up oh Mena had an easy road Mena got mercy road Mena this Mena that I swear youd expect Warren to do a little bragging after doing that but no they have been nothing but class act while most of yalls poster wanna run us down its pathetic

polksalet

Nashville could have put 75 on meaner. You better be glad Dawson is a good man.

bearcatfan57

wait youre telling me Nashville could have put more points on Mena than Warren did or any other school for that matter come on now youre acting like Nashville was the best in the state when that clearly is not the case they are the third best in the 4a put down the pipe man

cuckoobird

fbbb22

I am not a fan of either of these teams but Mena will get beat 100 next year with all the mouthing they do on these boards to Nashville. Better hope Dawson calls them off next year.

hawgfan15

Quote from: fbbb22 on December 16, 2014, 10:11:28 am
I am not a fan of either of these teams but Mena will get beat 100 next year with all the mouthing they do on these boards to Nashville. Better hope Dawson calls them off next year.

Another mercy rule

phdefense

Quote from: hawgfan15 on December 16, 2014, 10:32:11 am

Another mercy rule
I wonder why people don't like Nashville. Anyone got an idea? It's a riddle straight from the Sphinx I tell ya.

Hoophawg

Quote from: phdefense on December 16, 2014, 10:34:17 am

Another mercy rule
I wonder why people don't like Nashville. Anyone got an idea? It's a riddle straight from the Sphinx I tell ya.
they think their $&@$ don't stink

hawgfan15

Another mercy rule

Truthful. I guess the truth does hurt.

phdefense

Quote from: hawgfan15 on December 16, 2014, 10:51:02 am

Another mercy rule

You mean truth like when the dust settled nashville was 3rd best in their conference?

hawgfan15

Quote from: phdefense on December 16, 2014, 12:13:01 pm
Quote from: hawgfan15 on December 16, 2014, 10:51:02 am

Another mercy rule

You mean truth like when the dust settled nashville was 3rd best in their conference?

Nice try

Bigbossman

Quote from: Hoophawg on December 16, 2014, 10:39:08 am

Another mercy rule
they think know their $&@$ don't stink

FootBallar21

Nashville's fans = Lou Holtz love of Norte Dame,  They still believe in their hearts they are the best!      Even though everyone else laughs and knows the truth about the state of the program.      Which was 1 Conference title in the last 4 years going into this year.   and this year you made it to the final 8 in the playoffs Congrats lol .  Another PAPER CHAMPION Nashville team! 

hawgfan15

Quote from: FootBallar21 on December 16, 2014, 03:58:57 pm
Nashville's fans = Lou Holtz love of Norte Dame,  They still believe in their hearts they are the best!      Even though everyone else laughs and knows the truth about the state of the program.      Which was 1 Conference title in the last 4 years going into this year.   and this year you made it to the final 8 in the playoffs Congrats lol .  Another PAPER CHAMPION Nashville team!

How many conference championships does Mena have in the last 4 years?

Bigbossman

Mena= 1 decent season in 40 years......your a joke clown.

The Coach

Haven't you had enough? Mena had a good season. Nashville has them either every year or 4 out of 5. Be happy with the season your team had and be done with it. Whether you like it or not it'll probably be a long time before Mena gets that far again. Nashville will go again long before Mena does. Mena will be very lucky to be a playoff team next year.

hawgfan15

Quote from: The Coach on December 16, 2014, 04:18:38 pm

Haven't you had enough? Mena had a good season. Nashville has them either every year or 4 out of 5. Be happy with the season your team had and be done with it. Whether you like it or not it'll probably be a long time before Mena gets that far again. Nashville will go again long before Mena does. Mena will be very lucky to be a playoff team next year.

+1

FootBallar21

Mena has solid teams ever 3, or 4 years.    Just ask the 2012 team that Beat the #1 seed and 7-4A conference champs Arkadelphia in the first round.     or the 2010 Mena team that went to the 3rd round of the playoffs!     or the 2000 team that went to the 3rd round of the playoffs.    or the 1996 10-0 Conference champ team, that was very similar to this years Dardanelle team ,    was IMO clearly the 2nd best 3A team that year!   

~WPS~

Nashville players that made all-conference.

1st Team
Billy Stewart
La'Michael Pettway
Lucas Liggin
Braden Hood
Leonard Snell
Kirby Adcock
Chas Scott

2nd Team
Darius Hopkins
Terrell Grundy
Ashton Nelson
DeAjeon Armstrong
Corey Cooper
Brady Bowden
Winland Ogden

Honorable Mention
Austin Goodson
Trey Hughes
Trace Hamilton
Dillon Honea
Joel Thurman
Troy Thomas

The Coach

Quote from: FootBallar21 on December 16, 2014, 04:43:56 pm
clearly the 2nd best 3A team that year!   

Didn't Nashville beat them really bad?

~WPS~

Mena has solid teams ever 3, or 4 years.    Just ask the 2012 team that Beat the #1 seed and 7-4A conference champs Arkadelphia in the first round.     or the 2010 Mena team that went to the 3rd round of the playoffs!     or the 2000 team that went to the 3rd round of the playoffs.    or the 1996 10-0 Conference champ team, that was very similar to this years Dardanelle team ,    was IMO clearly the 2nd best 3A team that year!   
How about Nashville's 1996 team that beat your 10-0 team by 35 points. Or the 2000 team that beat Mena. Mena has solid years every now and then but Nashville is always better.

~WPS~

December 16, 2014, 04:51:29 pm #76 Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 04:55:19 pm by Ballplayer1
Quote from: The Coach on December 16, 2014, 04:49:57 pm
clearly the 2nd best 3A team that year!   

Didn't Nashville beat them really bad?
By 35 points. Prescott was probably the 2nd best team that year. Or Osceola the team we beat in the finals. Bismarck played Nashville closer than Mena. Also it was 2A not 3A.

Jacketman65

Another mercy rule
Probably for the same reason that no one likes Stuttgart!

phdefense

Quote from: Jacketman65 on December 16, 2014, 07:14:22 pm

Another mercy rule
Probably for the same reason that no one likes Stuttgart!
At least we will stand with people in our conference during the playoffs.

bearcatfan57

I don't see how I am mouthing I just gave them a whole lot more credit by saying third best IE: Im putting yall ahead of us I am just saying yall think yall are Gods gift to football when I pretty sure theres at least 6 teams that would mercy rule yall in the state of Arkansas if not a whole lot more heck Im pretty sure theres even one or two in the 4a that have a high chance at mercy ruling yall well you beat us by a 100 next year I highly doubt it but will you mercy rule us now that I cant say I would be surprised if yall did but only time will tell we will lose some key players but I myself cant judge until I  see how off season will go anything is possible I guess but I doubt 100 points will ever happen I know we are huge rivals but sometimes you guys take it way to far I mean heck mena and Booneville were rivals too and in some way still are if we ever meet again but Ive never seen them mouth as much as Nashville cant we agree we both had really great seasons and be over with it at least cut the trash talk off until the next game at least till the next game whether it be basket ball or whatever and tbh I don't know anything about the cats or Scrappers on basketball so I definitely wont be trashtalking the basketball teams especially since that part Ive never gotten into so I may take an offseason myself until football and just watch and hope the bearcats have a decent basketball season

~WPS~

Quote from: bearcatfan57 on December 16, 2014, 11:30:15 pm
I don't see how I am mouthing I just gave them a whole lot more credit by saying third best IE: Im putting yall ahead of us I am just saying yall think yall are Gods gift to football when I pretty sure theres at least 6 teams that would mercy rule yall in the state of Arkansas if not a whole lot more heck Im pretty sure theres even one or two in the 4a that have a high chance at mercy ruling yall well you beat us by a 100 next year I highly doubt it but will you mercy rule us now that I cant say I would be surprised if yall did but only time will tell we will lose some key players but I myself cant judge until I  see how off season will go anything is possible I guess but I doubt 100 points will ever happen I know we are huge rivals but sometimes you guys take it way to far I mean heck mena and Booneville were rivals too and in some way still are if we ever meet again but Ive never seen them mouth as much as Nashville cant we agree we both had really great seasons and be over with it at least cut the trash talk off until the next game at least till the next game whether it be basket ball or whatever and tbh I don't know anything about the cats or Scrappers on basketball so I definitely wont be trashtalking the basketball teams especially since that part Ive never gotten into so I may take an offseason myself until football and just watch and hope the bearcats have a decent basketball season
The guy you responded to isn't a Nashville fan, as he stated. So get off your high horse. Also, Nashville and Mena isn't a rivalry. Nashville, along with many other teams, doesn't like Mena because they play dirty. Plus for it to be a rivalry the other team has to win some.

bearcatfan57

my apologies but still 100 points come on now we aren't the worst team in the 4a and I already made my statements on the dirty play on another post and you can have a rivalry without winning and the way some mena posters trash yall and yall go back and forth is makes it seem like a huge one just saying Im sorry for the dirty plays if there was some I believe the Jacks like I said what more do you want? do you want the bearcats to hang a banner on the field that say Nashville number one in Arkansas? not ever going to happen but hey if it counts my early prediction has yall first in the 4a so there want a cookie

~WPS~

Quote from: bearcatfan57 on December 17, 2014, 01:01:05 am
my apologies but still 100 points come on now we aren't the worst team in the 4a and I already made my statements on the dirty play on another post and you can have a rivalry without winning and the way some mena posters trash yall and yall go back and forth is makes it seem like a huge one just saying Im sorry for the dirty plays if there was some I believe the Jacks like I said what more do you want? do you want the bearcats to hang a banner on the field that say Nashville number one in Arkansas? not ever going to happen but hey if it counts my early prediction has yall first in the 4a so there want a cookie
Nashville has put up 100 before so you never know. The reason we all talk trash on here is because of Footballar21. The only time I post on the subject is to just get him riled up more. You seem to be the only Mena fan on here with any sense.

bearcatfan57

haha yes I agree sometimes I shake my head at some of the fb21 posts but every schools gotta have at least one homer right and thank you I don't really have a problem with Nashville at all yall have a great program just some things get under my skin cause it is my alum after all its not wrong to wanna defend youre squad Im sure Waldron wants too every time someone pokes fun at them too but for some reason I hardly ever see it to be honest  btw we won once :P and really never knew yall did once when was this?  yeah  youre right anything can happen but I think the most yall ever put up on us was 57 if fearless Friday is correct that is  according to yalls page the only team yall have a losing record against with more than one loss is Shiloh which is nothing to be ashamed of especially knowing one was only by two points yalls stats against teams I could only wish we could do the same is quite a feat as I look at some of the big name schools yall have winning records on

Bigbossman

~WPS~

Quote from: bearcatfan57 on December 17, 2014, 01:25:20 am
haha yes I agree sometimes I shake my head at some of the fb21 posts but every schools gotta have at least one homer right and thank you I don't really have a problem with Nashville at all yall have a great program just some things get under my skin cause it is my alum after all its not wrong to wanna defend youre squad Im sure Waldron wants too every time someone pokes fun at them too but for some reason I hardly ever see it to be honest  btw we won once :P and really never knew yall did once when was this?  yeah  youre right anything can happen but I think the most yall ever put up on us was 57 if fearless Friday is correct that is  according to yalls page the only team yall have a losing record against with more than one loss is Shiloh which is nothing to be ashamed of especially knowing one was only by two points yalls stats against teams I could only wish we could do the same is quite a feat as I look at some of the big name schools yall have winning records on
The most Nashville has ever scored is 106 in 1937 against Dierks. The most against Mena is 57 in 1955 and 2008. Against teams we have played more than twice, Nashville has a losing record to 6 teams. None of them we have played since 1990, 4 of them we haven't played since at least the 50s.

bearcatfan57

December 17, 2014, 01:48:42 pm #86 Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 02:11:08 pm by bearcatfan57
ah ok yeah FF doesn't go back that far but still very impressive, and ok I will never mention that school to yall again,  anyways best of luck next season hopefully that stays at 57 Id hate for us to get that horrible but who knows anything can happen and Id have to seriously go hide in a hole if we got beat by 100,but I know if yall mercy ruled us this season Im not too thrilled about next season since as fb21 says "our best player didn't play", not that it would have changed the outcome of the game it could have but regardless yall still would have won , but now that best player is gone , and we lost some good starters and from what Ive heard yall are returning a solid team next season right that scares me I do admit. Hopefully we find some kind of help in the offseason so we wont let yall score a 100 on us lol but,anyways thanks guys

DerekOxford

Quote from: bearcatfan57 on December 17, 2014, 01:48:42 pm
ah ok yeah FF doesn't go back that far but still very impressive and ok I will never mention that school to yall again but anyways best of luck next season hopefully that stays at 57 Id hate for us to get that horrible but who knows anything can happen and Id have to seriously go hide in a whole if we got beat by 100 but I know if yall mercy ruled us this season Im not too thrilled about next season since as fb21 says our best player didn't play not that it would have changed the outcome of the game it could have but regardless yall still would have won but now that best player is gone and we lost some good starters and from what Ive heard yall are returning a solid team next season right that scares me I do admit but hopefully we find some kind of help in the offseason so we wont let yall score a 100 on us lol but anyways thanks guys

Try some periods and commas. Hard to read that way.

bearcatfan57

Quote from: DerekOxford on December 17, 2014, 02:05:14 pm
Quote from: bearcatfan57 on December 17, 2014, 01:48:42 pm
ah ok yeah FF doesn't go back that far but still very impressive and ok I will never mention that school to yall again but anyways best of luck next season hopefully that stays at 57 Id hate for us to get that horrible but who knows anything can happen and Id have to seriously go hide in a whole if we got beat by 100 but I know if yall mercy ruled us this season Im not too thrilled about next season since as fb21 says our best player didn't play not that it would have changed the outcome of the game it could have but regardless yall still would have won but now that best player is gone and we lost some good starters and from what Ive heard yall are returning a solid team next season right that scares me I do admit but hopefully we find some kind of help in the offseason so we wont let yall score a 100 on us lol but anyways thanks guys

Try some periods and commas. Hard to read that way.
sorry sometimes I forget to put those in and just ramble on, Ill try harder next time :)

bearcatfan57

ok tried to fix it up did that help?

intruder

As you may know, we have fired our previous recruiter, I can let her know that you all may have an opening. She is pretty hot (that's how we got most of our recruits). She would make sure her tooth was brushed and would keep her beard trimmed

Valleysports

December 18, 2014, 10:56:45 am #91 Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 04:28:14 am by Valleysports
Congratulations!  ;)

And now you know the rest of the story - Good day.

Mulerider

Quote from: FootBallar21 on December 15, 2014, 04:02:42 pm
Hawgfan,  you beat Mena when its best player and Probably the Hootens award winner for Defensive player of the YEAR  IN ALL OF 4A was out   A kid who saved 4, or 5 TD's in the Star City game alone ,  a kid who was just as important to the offense ,   with around 2,000 total yards receiving and rushing!    He never played,  in addition to 2 Starting offensive lineman!   

You have to throw that game out the windown,   and then when you look at the body of WORK!

You lost in the playoffs to the #2 team in the state Dardanelle with 8 teams still left!
Mena lost to the #1 team in the state in the finals ! 

Mena destroyed an Ashdown team that you struggled with all game until late in the 4th!

Mena destroyed a Fountain Lake team that Beat Nashville

Mena Beat Malvern by 2 TD's once and then in the playoffs by 3 TD's  a team that it took them to Miss a last second field goal or they beat you . 

You're ONLY real argument should be yall beat Arkadelphia , a team that Mena split with going 1-1 VS !   

Bottom line is,    lets POLL people with no ties to either school and see who thinks had the better regular season,  it isn't even that CLOSE , Mena all day!   

Enjoy your regular season win,   Mena will enjoy its state finals runner up Trophy!

You don't have to compare scores or discuss who beat who when you have a head to head to tell the tale.  It's a game of match ups and Mena could not beat Nashville or Warren this year.  There is no argument or debate as to who was better between Nashville and Mena. The best two teams in the state this year were Warren and Dardanelle.

Mulerider

Quote from: phdefense on December 15, 2014, 07:07:18 pm
Quote from: Bigbossman on December 15, 2014, 05:25:37 pm
Nobody talks about who the runner up  of past games were EXCEPT that team and its fans. Footballer21 will talk about menas 2nd place finish for 38 years.
I still talk about how Warren 2006 got ripped off. just say'n

If only that was true.  I bet you believe Michael Brown is an upstanding citizen, too.

phdefense

Quote from: Mulerider on December 24, 2014, 03:52:58 pm
Hawgfan,  you beat Mena when its best player and Probably the Hootens award winner for Defensive player of the YEAR  IN ALL OF 4A was out   A kid who saved 4, or 5 TD's in the Star City game alone ,  a kid who was just as important to the offense ,   with around 2,000 total yards receiving and rushing!    He never played,  in addition to 2 Starting offensive lineman!   

You have to throw that game out the windown,   and then when you look at the body of WORK!

You lost in the playoffs to the #2 team in the state Dardanelle with 8 teams still left!

Mena destroyed an Ashdown team that you struggled with all game until late in the 4th!

Mena Beat Malvern by 2 TD's once and then in the playoffs by 3 TD's  a team that it took them to Miss a last second field goal or they beat you . 

You're ONLY real argument should be yall beat Arkadelphia , a team that Mena split with going 1-1 VS !   

Bottom line is,    lets POLL people with no ties to either school and see who thinks had the better regular season,  it isn't even that CLOSE , Mena all day!   

Enjoy your regular season win,   Mena will enjoy its state finals runner up Trophy!

You don't have to compare scores or discuss who beat who when you have a head to head to tell the tale.  It's a game of match ups and Mena could not beat Nashville or Warren this year.  There is no argument or debate as to who was better between Nashville and Mena. The best two teams in the state this year were Warren and Dardanelle.
You are absolutely right. Fountain Lake was a better team than Nashville this year. Thanks for clearing that up.

hawgfan15

Quote from: phdefense on December 24, 2014, 09:44:37 pm

You are absolutely right. Fountain Lake was a better team than Nashville this year. Thanks for clearing that up.

There is a BIG difference in a 3 point game on the road and a Mercy Rule at home.

phdefense

Quote from: hawgfan15 on December 24, 2014, 11:33:24 pm

There is a BIG difference in a 3 point game on the road and a Mercy Rule at home.
Nashville lost the head to head. Fountain Lake is better.

Mulerider

Quote from: phdefense on December 25, 2014, 07:05:45 pm

If there is a debate between two equal teams with equal or similar records (such as Mena and Nashville) then the head to head is a very easy way to determine the better team.  FL was definitely better than Nashville the night they played but was unable to maintain that level of play throughout the year.   

polksalet

And Nashville changed their defensive scheme against the rest of the power running teams they played. Other than Dardanelle of course...

phdefense

Quote from: Mulerider on December 26, 2014, 01:36:04 pm
Quote from: phdefense on December 25, 2014, 07:05:45 pm

If there is a debate between two equal teams with equal or similar records (such as Mena and Nashville) then the head to head is a very easy way to determine the better team.  FL was definitely better than Nashville the night they played but was unable to maintain that level of play throughout the year.
Then maybe Nashville was not able to maintain their level of play and Mena raised their game? Poop or get off the potty son.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas