• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 Championship Game Aftermath

Started by LJ06, December 13, 2014, 08:53:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

STUNNA

Maybe my son will let me wear his ring on my big date tonight!!! She might just think I'm a winner!!!!

68Jackfan

December 18, 2014, 11:09:05 am #51 Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 11:10:45 am by 68Jackfan
Quote from: LJ06 on December 18, 2014, 09:24:04 am
Quote from: mr.b@sc on December 18, 2014, 09:06:42 am
Quote from: Superjack45 on December 18, 2014, 08:58:05 am
They need about $24,000 dollars cause I think everybody and their momma gets one including the Principal, vice Principal and Superintendent and so on and so forth lol!!
that is crazy..i have never heard of anyone besides the players and coaching staff getting a ring.

And IMO they shouldn't.  The only people who should be given any credit to winning a title is the players themselves and the staff that coaches them.  Those are the ones who gave up many hours for the season and made sacrifices through blood, sweat, and tears all year, taking place wayyyyy before August practices.  For some reason I think even the cheerleaders get a ring, necklace or something like it.  I believe it was the same way in '01 and '02.  Heck why not give the band something too while we are it.

It's my understanding, cheerleaders, supers, school board officials, principals, Coaches, Asst. Coaches, and Players.  Will be the ones getting the rings.  IMO just Players and any/all Coaches,  with cheerleaders getting the pendant,  But my opinion means nothing.  With all those people getting them, the mama's should also!!!! heck they birthed the kids, they had more to do with their success than school board officials.  :o

* Bold is sarcasm in case some one reads it as literal!!!

LJ06

Quote from: 68Jackfan on December 18, 2014, 11:09:05 am
Quote from: LJ06 on December 18, 2014, 09:24:04 am
Quote from: mr.b@sc on December 18, 2014, 09:06:42 am
Quote from: Superjack45 on December 18, 2014, 08:58:05 am
They need about $24,000 dollars cause I think everybody and their momma gets one including the Principal, vice Principal and Superintendent and so on and so forth lol!!
that is crazy..i have never heard of anyone besides the players and coaching staff getting a ring.

And IMO they shouldn't.  The only people who should be given any credit to winning a title is the players themselves and the staff that coaches them.  Those are the ones who gave up many hours for the season and made sacrifices through blood, sweat, and tears all year, taking place wayyyyy before August practices.  For some reason I think even the cheerleaders get a ring, necklace or something like it.  I believe it was the same way in '01 and '02.  Heck why not give the band something too while we are it.

It's my understanding, cheerleaders, supers, school board officials, principals, Coaches, Asst. Coaches, and Players.  Will be the ones getting the rings.  IMO just Players and any/all Coaches,  with cheerleaders getting the pendant,  But my opinion means nothing.  With all those people getting them, the mama's should also!!!! heck they birthed the kids, they had more to do with their success than school board officials.  :o

* Bold is sarcasm in case some one reads it as literal!!!

haha but maybe its true!!

Romeo

If someone started an online fund I'm sure they would be able to pay off all the rings in full within weeks. There's a lot of alumni outside the city and state that would be willing to donate. Here's one school that's raised about $2,000 starting a fund online: http://www.gofundme.com/cchs2014champs

cuckoobird

Jack1990

December 19, 2014, 07:47:32 am #55 Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 08:20:44 am by Jack1990
Took your advice Romeo and spoke with administration last night...our GoFundMe account is now up and running... http://www.gofundme.com/whs2014champs

Feel free to send link to all that you think will help and even those who you think might not!

phdefense

Welcome to the modern era of fund raising and bam...over 1k already.

Jack1990

Yep. Had some surprising results already. Makes me proud to be a Lumberjack, fan of high school sports, and a father!

Superjack45

I must say we are headed in the right direction.

polksalet

bearcatfan57

Quote from: phdefense on December 19, 2014, 03:00:14 pm
Welcome to the modern era of fund raising and bam...over 1k already.

I have to say Warren definitely brought up some class players ; shoutout to Chris Gragg for not forgetting where he came from, and showing support to his alma mater. A lot of nfl players leave that behind once they go big ,but that shows what class comes from Warren right there.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas