• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Future of 1-4A

Started by Lionfan, December 10, 2014, 09:50:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lionfan

What are the thoughts of the other teams for next yr
Gravette loses 3 offensive starters all but 1 lineman return lose a great running back and a wr the defense takes a big hit losing all d line and three linebackers and a corner will need some folks to step up

top three will be sc, pg, and the lions, four will more than likely be pr but they lose a lot with Huntsville in the run as well after that it's a toss up IMO

prHOG13

I think PR will be decent and a good bet to be in that 4th spot. A 5-5 or 6-4 type season. Some VERY good sophomores will be coming up. PR will be at the top of the conference again in 2016 and 2017. A lot of very good talent coming up.

Tigerdad2

The 1-4 spot could go to Shiloh, Gravette, PG or PR
And the 5-8 could go to any of the rest, there's that big of a gap between the top 4 and the bottom 4. PG will have a similar year as this year. If they win the close games they're the 1 if not they will be a 3 or 4 and win 1 playoff game

IPROFB

1. PG
2. Gravette
3. SC
4. PR

Gentry/Lincoln/Huntsville/BHS

beach bum

December 11, 2014, 03:31:10 pm #4 Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 03:42:27 pm by beach bum
Coming from a PG poster I actually think Shiloh wins the conference, I thought they had some young skill position guys. I don't know that PG will be quite as good as this year. They will still be a very solid team and the combination that I am worried this conference won't be very good next year.... I see Prairie Grove getting the 2 or 3 seed then losing in the 1st or 2nd round depending on the playoff draw. They are PG so they will always have a good RB or FB and lineman that play hard and I like Laird's defense too.

I think it goes similar to this season with Shiloh, Prairie Grove, Gravette, and Pea Ridge solid and then the other 4 fighting for the 5 seed... Like I said I am very concerned about the conference next year though.

The Coach

Quote from: beach bum on December 11, 2014, 03:31:10 pm
Coming from a PG poster I actually think Shiloh wins the conference, I thought they had some young skill position guys. I don't know that PG will be quite as good as this year. They will still be a very solid team and the combination that I am worried this conference won't be very good next year.... I see Prairie Grove getting the 2 or 3 seed then losing in the 1st or 2nd round depending on the playoff draw. They are PG so they will always have a good RB or FB and lineman that play hard and I like Laird's defense too.

I think it goes similar to this season with Shiloh, Prairie Grove, Gravette, and Pea Ridge solid and then the other 4 fighting for the 5 seed... Like I said I am very concerned about the conference next year though.

The conference wasn't very good this year. You think it'll be worse?

beach bum

Yea I think it will be similar to this year. I see Shiloh being about the same. They only got to the quarters because of their draw was easy too. But overall, I just see PG, Gravette, and Pea Ridge being about the same too. Solid, but 1st round or 2nd round exits.

iivydriff

I dont think the top teams in the conf. were that weak. If you have 3 teams in the top 16 or top 10 thats not too bad. I would say the conf. was about normal as far as strength goes. no team from 1-4a has ever won a state championship except for shiloh. The top three doing what they did is probably above average for the 1-4a. gravette could have beat some teams in the playoffs if they hadnt drawed a tough team the first game. Look for PR to Roll in the next few years. 

iivydriff

Quote from: beach bum on December 11, 2014, 07:50:23 pm
Yea I think it will be similar to this year. I see Shiloh being about the same. They only got to the quarters because of their draw was easy too. But overall, I just see PG, Gravette, and Pea Ridge being about the same too. Solid, but 1st round or 2nd round exits.
[/
uote]

And for the 1-4a that would be considered about normal.

The Coach

Quote from: iivydriff on December 13, 2014, 12:29:05 pm
gravette could have beat some teams in the playoffs if they hadnt drawed a tough team the first game.

Who?

Bigbossman

beach bum

Prairie Grove will know right away next year if they are possible conference champs. They start off with Farmington and Charleston in non conference.

gameoflife

Quote from: beach bum on December 11, 2014, 03:31:10 pm

Coach Conaway at SC seemed to have a good first season and looks to have a good group coming back.   The top of that conference seems to be pretty consistently the same team, any chance that will turn around?

Tigerdad2

I don't see that changing next year, Shiloh , PG, PR, and Gravette are  the top four teams and are way better than the last four in the league . Huntsville or Gentry have the best chance of being the 5. Lincoln and Berryville need a total rebuilding of the program to be competitive.

gameoflife

Lincoln has a new coach and Gentry is looking.  Is that going to be the changes needed to get on the winning track?

beach bum

January 03, 2015, 01:14:41 am #15 Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 01:16:33 am by beach bum
The Gentry opening will be interesting to see who gets it. Lincoln should have hired Laird from Prairie Grove... But Lincoln being who they are wasn't even smart enough to give him an interview.

Lionfan

They really missed the boat on Sherman from valley view

Blazer51

Quote from: Lionfan on January 21, 2015, 03:11:58 pm
They really missed the boat on Sherman from valley view

Sherman is no longer coaching as of right now.

Lionfan

I know but he put in for the Lincoln job

Tigerdad2

That tells me Lincoln didn't want to improve their program because Laird, PG DC applied and Sherman . Lincoln will battle Berryville for the last spot every year

beach bum

The 1-4A really has some great coaches at places like Pea Ridge & Gravette. However, to me Prairie Grove really gets it done with only 4 coaches. Abshier at head coach along with Laird and Elder, the 4th coach stays in rotation usually on a 3 or 4 year term it seems is how long they stay.

Blazer51

Quote from: Lionfan on January 23, 2015, 09:25:33 am
I know but he put in for the Lincoln job

Valley view screwed the pootch by letting sherman go because they lost his wife as the weight trainer too. I'm not downing the new HC because I played under him and is very able to win with some time but I think valley view is stupid for not fighting to keep sherman and his wife.

TIGER101

Don't even get me started about Lincoln not looking at Laird and Sherman. 

beach bum

The Gentry hire is going to be interesting. Has anyone heard any names of the 3-5 final candidates or even a list of the applicants who formally applied?

TIGER101

Quote from: beach bum on January 24, 2015, 10:11:17 pm
The Gentry hire is going to be interesting. Has anyone heard any names of the 3-5 final candidates or even a list of the applicants who formally applied?

I was in Gentry the other day and was speaking to a dad who has a kid playing football.  He said other than the new indoor facility he doesn't know why anyone would want to be there.

beach bum

Quote from: TIGER101 on January 24, 2015, 10:24:05 pm
Quote from: beach bum on January 24, 2015, 10:11:17 pm

I was in Gentry the other day and was speaking to a dad who has a kid playing football.  He said other than the new indoor facility he doesn't know why anyone would want to be there.

I have heard the same thing... It is really turning into Decaturs bigger brother lol

nuttinbuthogs

Where is Gentry at in the process?  I don't think the job is posted on the Gentry website any longer?  Maybe they are moving toward a hire?

beach bum

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on February 05, 2015, 03:42:56 pm
Where is Gentry at in the process?  I don't think the job is posted on the Gentry website any longer?  Maybe they are moving toward a hire?

I hope so. At some point the kids deserve to know who they are playing for.

nuttinbuthogs

Being in NWA I thought this job would attract more attention, but it sure is quiet.  I know they have a nice new indoor but their field needs a little work. Still, are no locals interested or no people wanting to move to NWA?

beach bum

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on February 07, 2015, 01:29:03 pm
Being in NWA I thought this job would attract more attention, but it sure is quiet.  I know they have a nice new indoor but their field needs a little work. Still, are no locals interested or no people wanting to move to NWA?

I looked at the applicant list and an assistant who was at Prairie Grove for 4 years applied. If they don't give him a serious look that is just sad on their part. Besides Shiloh, Prairie Grove has hands downs been the most successful program in the 1-4A all the time being in the current 1-4A or old 1-3A back in the day of 5 classes. He would know the conference in and out and bring a lot from his time at PG.... I noticed that because I am from there.

nuttinbuthogs

There is a published list?  Who has been at PG for only 4 years? 

Tigerdad2

Sounds like Gentry doesn't want to get any better, they'll battle with Berryville for the last place team in the league every year. I even see Lincoln being better than gentry next year.

The Coach

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on February 07, 2015, 01:29:03 pm

You can't win consistently and the old HC is the AD not really things to get fired up about.

nuttinbuthogs

Anybody hearing anything on an interview schedule.

beach bum

My guess is Little is interviewing his closest friends and family  ;D

nuttinbuthogs

Somebody posted a rumor that they hired a Nashville assistant, Paul Ernest?

beach bum

July 19, 2015, 01:29:06 pm #36 Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 04:12:05 pm by beach bum
PREDICTIONS

2015 (1-4A)
1.Shiloh Christian 9-1 (7-0)
2.Prairie Grove 8-2 (6-1)
3.Pea Ridge 8-2 (5-2)
4.Gravette 6-4 (4-3)
5.Huntsville 5-5 (3-4)
6.Lincoln 4-6 (2-5)
7.Berryville 3-7 (1-6)
8.Gentry 2-8 (0-7)

Lumberjackfan1978

LION Dad

With seeing the lions at team camp the last two weeks the running game looks like it will pick up right where it left off last yr.  the o line avg is 309 and with a running back close to 200 with 4.7-4.8 speed it should be exciting. The passing game looks to be the same kind of improvement with the qb a returning starter.  The line has been able to do what ever they want against the two other teams don't be surprised if they don't finish in the one or two spot at the end of regular season

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: LION Dad on July 21, 2015, 11:46:27 pm
With seeing the lions at team camp the last two weeks the running game looks like it will pick up right where it left off last yr.  the o line avg is 309 and with a running back close to 200 with 4.7-4.8 speed it should be exciting. The passing game looks to be the same kind of improvement with the qb a returning starter.  The line has been able to do what ever they want against the two other teams don't be surprised if they don't finish in the one or two spot at the end of regular season

So you'll have to beat either Shiloh or PG or both, that's a bold statement.

LION Dad

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on July 22, 2015, 09:02:23 am
Quote from: LION Dad on July 21, 2015, 11:46:27 pm

So you'll have to beat either Shiloh or PG or both, that's a bold statement.
I would say that it will be a toss up between them three teams not a bold statement, these three schools have been a force in this conference for some time wasn't that long ago we made a run to the semifinals and we have those kind of playmakers on this team as well

phdefense

It is about time for Gravette to assert themselves again.

beach bum

July 22, 2015, 09:50:16 pm #42 Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 10:10:42 pm by beach bum
Average line of 309 at Gravette?  I am a grown man and average less than half that between 145 and 150 8) .... If that is true, teams might as well not show up against Gravette's O-Line.

cuckoobird

Quote from: beach bum on July 22, 2015, 09:50:16 pm
Average line of 309 at Gravette?  I am a grown man and average less than half that between 145 and 150 8) .... If that is true, teams might as well not show up against Gravette's O-Line.
5'5" and 300 lbs. They don't move very good but they sure are big. If 3 of them were 2"s taller they would be perfectly round

beach bum

Quote from: cuckoobird on July 23, 2015, 08:10:38 am
Quote from: beach bum on July 22, 2015, 09:50:16 pm
5'5" and 300 lbs. They don't move very good but they sure are big. If 3 of them were 2"s taller they would be perfectly round

;D  ;D  ;D

LION Dad

6-5 330. Sr gaurd
6-2 360 sr tackle
6-3 295 sr tackle
6-0 275 sr gaurd
5-11 265 jr center

All the line returns but the center and he fills the spot well

cuckoobird

Quote from: LION Dad on July 23, 2015, 02:12:56 pm
6-5 330. Sr gaurd
6-2 360 sr tackle
6-3 295 sr tackle
6-0 275 sr gaurd
5-11 265 jr center

looks like they avg 305 not 309. Now I'm wondering what else isn't true

The Coach

Quote from: cuckoobird on July 24, 2015, 06:55:16 am
Quote from: LION Dad on July 23, 2015, 02:12:56 pm
6-5 330. Sr gaurd
6-2 360 sr tackle
6-3 295 sr tackle
6-0 275 sr gaurd
5-11 265 jr center

looks like they avg 305 not 309. Now I'm wondering what else isn't true

That they have the playmakers like their semi final team did. No chance that's true!!

coach jackson

Quote from: Lionfan on December 10, 2014, 09:50:28 pm
What are the thoughts of the other teams for next yr
Gravette loses 3 offensive starters all but 1 lineman return lose a great running back and a wr the defense takes a big hit losing all d line and three linebackers and a corner will need some folks to step up

top three will be sc, pg, and the lions, four will more than likely be pr but they lose a lot with Huntsville in the run as well after that it's a toss up IMO
Gravette doesn't stand a chance again ph,Shiloh, or pea ridge!!

LION Dad

I don't know what cool aide your drinking but from the team camps I've seen pea ridge isn't that impressive and like I said earlier don't be surprised if the lions don't finish higher

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas