• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Semifinals 2014- Warren at Dardanelle

Started by AirWarren, November 28, 2014, 09:50:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: mr.b@sc on December 16, 2014, 11:04:29 am
Quote from: Oldman on December 16, 2014, 10:58:28 am
i'm going to pick warren in this game.
i pick warren in a close game...warren by 1
i think warren will want it more.

PercussionMan

Quote from: Superjack45 on December 16, 2014, 10:02:03 am
Quote from: PercussionMan on December 16, 2014, 09:49:19 am
Quote from: HeberFan on December 15, 2014, 09:55:05 pm
Warren was the best 4A team in the state this year, both in the regular season and playoffs. Also played the toughest non-conference schedule. Enough said.

Warren was not the best team the night they played Dardanelle...they best count their lucky stars that Dardanelle shot themselves in the foot several times in that game in the final 8 minutes of play and that they caught some breaks to end up winning that game.  Anyone that was at that game wouldn't argue.  But, I know...coulda, woulda, shoulda...doesn't matter...Warren has the hardware for 2014.
Did you get beat? Yes you did so the best team did win Warren didn't play good on offense either, we could argue the same thing but we won't.

I didn't have a dog in the fight...nonbiased spectator.  Usually, the team that wins state catches a few breaks along the way, and Warren definitely did in that game...more than once.  I honestly think if those two had played 10 times, Dardanelle would win more than half (unless maybe Warren was just way off their game that night...I just think Dardanelle's defense shut them down for most of the night and could again if they were able to play again.)...BUT, we all know that it doesn't work that way.  Dardanelle's coaching staff wasn't smart enough to figure out that Warren's defense between the sidelines was not going to get beat around the edge.  Warren did what they had to do to pull out the win...that's what makes Hembree great!  I give them credit for never quitting during that game.  They apparently had the edge in the discipline department as well...they did all of the little things right that Dardanelle didn't.  They know it cost them the state championship that night.

bearcatfan57

yeah nonbiased here also
I believe it was an extremely off night for both I still believe it would have been a close game and the same result as Warren coming out on top but no way does the score go that low ever again if they played the same game over and over again 16-17 definitely prove show that both teams were nowhere near full potential that night and nothing to discredit Dardanelle either of these teams could have ran through both top and bottom brackets its a shame that we couldn't have had the match up at the rock but Im not complaining too much I was overjoyed my bearcats got to enjoy the trip no matter what the outcome was

Lacerta agilis

Quote from: bearcatfan57 on December 16, 2014, 11:52:10 pm
yeah nonbiased here also
I believe it was an extremely off night for both I still believe it would have been a close game and the same result as Warren coming out on top but no way does the score go that low ever again if they played the same game over and over again 16-17 definitely prove show that both teams were nowhere near full potential that night and nothing to discredit Dardanelle either of these teams could have ran through both top and bottom brackets its a shame that we couldn't have had the match up at the rock but Im not complaining too much I was overjoyed my bearcats got to enjoy the trip no matter what the outcome was

The reason Seattle beat Denver in last year's Superbowl had nothing to do with an off night and everything to do with the age old truth that a good defense beats a good offense. Warren vs Dardanelle was the 2 of the best (if not the best) defensive units in 4A. I didn't expect either team to score a lot.

D-TOWN LIZARD

Quote from: Lacerta agilis on December 17, 2014, 06:33:06 am
yeah nonbiased here also

The reason Seattle beat Denver in last year's Superbowl had nothing to do with an off night and everything to do with the age old truth that a good defense beats a good offense. Warren vs Dardanelle was the 2 of the best (if not the best) defensive units in 4A. I didn't expect either team to score a lot.
They were definitely the 2 best defenses in 4a hands down.....Just bc mena got slaughtered by Warren doesn't mean that Dardanelle and warren had off nights.....it was the two best teams playing period.  If Dardanelle would've played mena in the finals it would've been the same outcome for mena.  Warren and Dardanelle were so evenly matched that it was scary, 1 point scary.

Superjack45

Quote from: D-TOWN LIZARD on December 17, 2014, 08:03:23 am
yeah nonbiased here also

They were definitely the 2 best defenses in 4a hands down.....Just bc mena got slaughtered by Warren doesn't mean that Dardanelle and warren had off nights.....it was the two best teams playing period.  If Dardanelle would've played mena in the finals it would've been the same outcome for mena.  Warren and Dardanelle were so evenly matched that it was scary, 1 point scary.
That game was so intense that I had to close my eyes a couple of times, Dardanelle have nothing to be ashamed of they played their hearts out. The just didn't have that big game experience and it kinda showed at the end with the coaches and players but that's just my opinion.

bearcatfan57

yeah nonbiased here also

really why the low blow did I even mention the bearcats once no I didn't  Im sorry not discrediting the defense that's why I said it would still be close just thought the score would be higher Im not saying it would be really high I just think if yall played 10 more times the scored would at least be in the 20s I agree Dardanelle would kill us too I never meant to offend you I believe yall would mercy rule us too but I just don't get why you had to throw us in there I have us in the forth spot of the season only because we made it to state I have Warren Dardanelle and Nashville higher than us I agree defense wins games and like I said would love to have seen yall face off at the rock but glad we got to go instead regardless of the outcome  I wish the Sand lizards  the best in the future and have nothing against yall at all again I apologize if I hit a nerve that was not my intentions

Lacerta agilis

December 17, 2014, 03:23:10 pm #957 Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 03:25:39 pm by Lacerta agilis
@ bearcatfan57
I didn't take any offense to what you said, I just disagreed with your thoughts that both teams didn't play their best because of the low score. I posted before the game that some people were underestimating how good both teams play defense. Congrats to Mena on a great season, just wish the old 4-4A foes could have battled it out on the field in LR.

bearcatfan57

yes I would have liked to play yall too but unfortunately we can only lose once in the playoffs haha just glad we lost on the grand stage instead of away maybe yall will get a shot at us next year depending on how things go for us idk if yall lost a lot of talent or not but if you didnt and we meet Im sure you can knock us out of the playoffs if we play the same way we did this year which will be hard with our major talent leaving but I still have faith we can at least make the post season it will be tough for us but couch Harper will do everything he can to try to get these boys to win games

Jack1990

Bearcat...good posts, but for our sake and sanity, please use punctuation.  A 4 line run on sentence is all but impossible to follow.

bearcatfan57

I know Im horrible at that, trying to improve,  but I keep forgetting. I get lost in my train of thought and keep writing without stopping haha.

PercussionMan

Quote from: Superjack45 on December 17, 2014, 12:26:39 pm
yeah nonbiased here also

That game was so intense that I had to close my eyes a couple of times, Dardanelle have nothing to be ashamed of they played their hearts out. The just didn't have that big game experience and it kinda showed at the end with the coaches and players but that's just my opinion.

I agree 100%...Hembree definitely outcoached Price in the final 8:00 of the game...I've said that a few times already.  It's almost like Price was playing not to lose...and that's one of the reasons they lost.

AirWarren

Warren also had a lot of kids that required Ivs before this game. Our team was not 100% and was VERY sick.

The Coach

Quote from: PercussionMan on December 17, 2014, 03:43:55 pm
Quote from: Superjack45 on December 17, 2014, 12:26:39 pm
yeah nonbiased here also

I agree 100%...Hembree definitely outcoached Price in the final 8:00 of the game...I've said that a few times already.  It's almost like Price was playing not to lose...and that's one of the reasons they lost.

Easy to say standing in the crowd and watching. You've never been in that spot so what do you know.

The Coach

December 17, 2014, 04:26:43 pm #964 Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 06:34:41 pm by The Coach
The reason the game was so close is because it was the 2 best teams who both played outstanding defense.

Dardanelle held Warren to around 250 yards of total offense. Cox had I believe it was 42 yards. Warren didn't run the ball much on Dardanelle. Nobody did all year.

Dardanelle had 403 I believe it was total offense. They had a big run early and a good drive in the 2nd half. Other then that Warren kept them in check.

Both teams missed throws they'd made all season. If they played today it'd be a low scoring, physical game that either team could win.

Difference was a few mistakes that Dardanelle hadn't made all year and a fortuitous bounce of the ball. It happens, that's why Football is the greatest game on earth. Dardanelle didn't choke, the coaches did a great job, and They came up 1 point short. Warren deserves credit for making plays and winning the game. To say anything else takes credit away from both teams for having outstanding seasons!!!

PercussionMan

December 18, 2014, 09:09:59 am #965 Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 09:13:21 am by PercussionMan
Quote from: The Coach on December 17, 2014, 04:26:43 pm
The reason the game was so close is because it was the 2 best teams who both played outstanding defense.

Dardanelle held Warren to around 250 yards of total offense. Cox had I believe it was 42 yards. Warren didn't run the ball much on Dardanelle. Nobody did all year.

Dardanelle had 403 I believe it was total offense. They had a big run early and a good drive in the 2nd half. Other then that Warren kept them in check.

Both teams missed throws they'd made all season. If they played today it'd be a low scoring, physical game that either team could win.

Difference was a few mistakes that Dardanelle hadn't made all year and a fortuitous bounce of the ball. It happens, that's why Football is the greatest game on earth. Dardanelle didn't choke, the coaches did a great job, and They came up 1 point short. Warren deserves credit for making plays and winning the game. To say anything else takes credit away from both teams for having outstanding seasons!!!

I will agree with your post...both teams played very well defensively, and they left it on the field.  However, you can't make those few mistakes that were made at the end.  You can't run into the kicker for Warren who just missed the go ahead FG and give him another shot...that's a lack of discipline on that play, which comes from coaching.  You can't miss a PAT because of poor execution.  You can't fumble the football on the ensuing drive with less than 3:30 left in the game and down 1 point.  Those are the "little things" that you can't do in close games...in big games...and come away with a win...90% of the time, those things cost you ball games.  And, they just all happened to occur in the same game at big moments.  I do agree though...both teams played solid defense, but when Warren had Dardanelle figured out "between the sidelines", they kept trying to run it outside...wasn't happening...that's coaching...call a different play...throw the ball...run the QB (who, by the way, flat out ran over defenders on their only scoring drive of the second half)...why venture away from that on the next few drives?  If Warren's defense shuts the QB down completely, THEN you try something different.  I don't think you quit letting him run the ball until then.  Dardanelle hadn't been in "crunch time" at the end of a game all year...and, it seems like the coaching staff panicked somewhat and didn't really know how to handle it.  Just my opinion of course.  And, no, I'm not trying to take away from their school record 13-1 season. 

Lacerta agilis

IF Dardanelle hadn't of got the penalty on the first FG attemp, or missed an extra point, or hadn't of fumbled and scored on the late drive,  or makes the FG before halftime, or scores a TD instead of field goal when they were 1st and goal; or Warren doesn't recover their fumble for touchdown, or misses the 2nd field goal, or if the refs would've called pass interference for the agressive play of Warren's DB's while the ball was in the air, Dardanelle wins the ball game and people are on here saying what Bo should have done differently.

The above is just a bunch of garbage (but true). I don't understand why some people feel the need to analyze and lay blame for a loss, when the reality is this was a great game between great teams and great coaches, somebody had to lose. If Dardanelle lost by 3 TD's, then somebody should be to blame.

LJ06

It is now working on the 3rd week since the Dardanelle game and some people are still throwing the what ifs out there.  The game is long over and it was a battle between the two best teams in 4A and unfortunately somebody had to lose.  Even more unfortunately the game had to be decided in the semis instead of the Finals.  Both teams had great years and now its time to look forward to 2015.

PercussionMan

Quote from: Lacerta agilis on December 18, 2014, 10:00:30 am
IF Dardanelle hadn't of got the penalty on the first FG attemp, or missed an extra point, or hadn't of fumbled and scored on the late drive,  or makes the FG before halftime, or scores a TD instead of field goal when they were 1st and goal; or Warren doesn't recover their fumble for touchdown, or misses the 2nd field goal, or if the refs would've called pass interference for the agressive play of Warren's DB's while the ball was in the air, Dardanelle wins the ball game and people are on here saying what Bo should have done differently.

The above is just a bunch of garbage (but true). I don't understand why some people feel the need to analyze and lay blame for a loss, when the reality is this was a great game between great teams and great coaches, somebody had to lose. If Dardanelle lost by 3 TD's, then somebody should be to blame.

Just talk...I realize that...but every game at some point gets analyzed and often they get picked apart...that's one of the things that makes the FF board interesting.  If no one analyzed games before and after they were played, you have to admit, it would be pretty boring.  I'm not taking anything away from either team...it was a great game...and two great teams played their hearts out.  And, you are correct...someone has to lose...you can't have two champions.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas