• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren Lumberjacks vs Arkadelphia badgers. 2017 state championship. Let’s get it started!!!!

Started by POTUS, December 01, 2017, 09:57:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you think wins and who do you want to win?

Think Warren/ Want Warren
38 (38.4%)
Warren/Ark
21 (21.2%)
Ark/Warren
3 (3%)
Ark/Ark
37 (37.4%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Voting closed: December 08, 2017, 05:42:42 pm

AirWarren

Quote from: Romeo on December 05, 2017, 12:55:01 pm
This, I can't understand at all. The people that ask this question probably lack their own ambitions. Its like asking me why did I leave Warren for the military.

I don't get it. But yes, I think you are correct on all levels of this post.

Warren is my home. Always will be.

Danold Dump

See y'all at 12 Saturday to cheer on them jacks...If you want to come watch Burks show out, I'll be on the Warren side of course.  I'll be wearing my Von Dutch attire with my Fila shoes...oh and my orange Warren hat...go Jacks...Dump on em..dump out

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: Romeo on December 05, 2017, 12:55:01 pm
This, I can't understand at all. The people that ask this question probably lack their own ambitions. Its like asking me why did I leave Warren for the military.
Everyone knows Warren is where the original Garden of Eden was so who would want to leave?

LAfootball fan

My question to the Badger fans.  I saw where you start 5 seniors on the offensive line.  What kind of size on the lines do you have on both sides of the ball?  It was also mentioned that when Robinson went to the wildcat with Cesar Warren running the ball that Arkadelphia had some trouble stopping that.  Was that true?  Only asking because I feel Arkadelphia will see a heavy dose of the wildcat package if they have trouble stopping it or slowing it down.   I also wondered how Warren's size on the defensive line would match up with Arkadelphia's oline.   Warren's starting defensive front has been very effective in stopping running teams or slowing them down effectively.  Not sure how effective Arkadelphia's run game will be against this defense.  I just don't see Arkadelphia putting up more points than Robinson did on this defense but you never know. 

AirWarren

OLDSCHOOL82

Hembrees conservative play calling in the first drive of the second half for warren put warren in a funk, and let robinson get back in it.  Warrens foot was on Joe T's foot, and they let off enough instead of putting them away.  I believe this final to be close as surely arkie will be more disciplined then robinson was, and with all in the game, arkie is better than Robinson.  Warren in a close one, 38-35 final.

robreep

hogfan10

Quote from: AirWarren on December 05, 2017, 11:35:27 am
I don't think you have heard me say one time this year we are world beaters that cannot be beat.

I have respected every one of our opponents from week one through this week. Including your team.

BUT I just don't like your team, your town and fanbase. I didn't like the poor attitudes I saw in 2013 and I see their attitudes did not change when I saw your team play Bauxite earlier this year. Booing the refs as they walk off the field for halftime, hearing parents cuss bauxite players from the stands, players standing up jumping around like animals as a Bauxite player laid on the ground hurt and your team didn't take a knee, the Arkadelphia fans clapping and yelling like a bunch of Baboons as their band walked out on the field and being disrespectful to the opposing team's mini cheerleaders performance because they were mad their little band didn't get enough time to show everyone that overrated performance, and the band lady who was looking for the "sheriff" to complain about Bauxite's mini cheerleaders taking up too much time and not allowing the band to perform and she wanted "answers", Arkadelphia fans being disrespectful on Warren's side of the field in 2013 and so on and so on and so on. I don't do social media like facebook, but I have been told that now we got a flood of Arkadelphia lunatics flooding the Warren school page with their BS. Two occurrences I have had an opportunity to witness Arkadelphia and two times have I left that presence in sheer disgust. And I have yet to learn what the arrogance is all about and poor attitude.

So yep, I hope Warren beats the brakes off your team.

I've been to many, many Arkadelphia games and most of this years games; and I can guarantee that most of what you just stated is a straight up lie or at best well overstated. I can think of two fan bases that have expressed this type of opinion of Arkadelphia; Warren & Nashville, each of which seems to have an over inflated opinion of themselves. Sorry to disappoint you, but we do actually expect to compete (at worst) and win (at best) most if not all games we participate in; otherwise why play. Just to address a few of your statements:

- Booing refs - I'm sure the high class people of Warren have never done this. In this thread alone Warren is complaining about non-calls from last Friday's game.
- Cussing players from Bauxite - Doubt it unless there was some dirty play. Wonder if anybody from Warren cussed the OLM from JTR?
- Band Lady - Could be wrong but I don't think we have a band lady. We have a band director (male) and an assistant band director (also male). Possibly a parent, don't
    know, but halftime is only 20 minutes, anything over that is a delay of game penalty on the home team. Oddly, halftime was extended with no penalty assessed to
    Bauxite.
- Baboons applauding - Nice, such class, you're an example for us all to live by.  What can I say, we like our band; and why shouldn't we, they're two-time state champs
   (The only two times a state championship competition has been held).
- Unruly fans on the Warren side in 2013 - Tell the truth, you're just mad that we had more fans in Warren than Warren did.

And don't kid yourself, you're not respectful of other schools/towns. You placate them with backhanded compliments, but only if they kiss your mythical ring first (you don't have a state championship ring, do you?). It's no surprise you're not on Facebook/social media, it would require friends.

hogfan10

Quote from: LAfootball fan on December 05, 2017, 01:04:12 pm
My question to the Badger fans.  I saw where you start 5 seniors on the offensive line.  What kind of size on the lines do you have on both sides of the ball?  It was also mentioned that when Robinson went to the wildcat with Cesar Warren running the ball that Arkadelphia had some trouble stopping that.  Was that true?  Only asking because I feel Arkadelphia will see a heavy dose of the wildcat package if they have trouble stopping it or slowing it down.   I also wondered how Warren's size on the defensive line would match up with Arkadelphia's oline.   Warren's starting defensive front has been very effective in stopping running teams or slowing them down effectively.  Not sure how effective Arkadelphia's run game will be against this defense.  I just don't see Arkadelphia putting up more points than Robinson did on this defense but you never know.

Generally speaking we are small, not sure we were bigger than anybody we played this year.
Offensive line has decent size. Defensive line is average size, at best, but very quick and fast. Both sides are very physical.
I'd say that in the second half of the JTR game, JTR's line began to wear down our defensive line. With that said, JTR only scored twice in the second half, and one was on a double pass that went for 50+ in the final 2 minutes.

hogfan10

Quote from: AirWarren on December 05, 2017, 12:08:54 pm
I love benton. It's close to my hunting land.

I just laugh at their football teams :D.

I love when people critique me for leaving Warren. Warren doesn't have heart intensive care/intensive care. Kind of need it for my degree. So....better luck next time.

You could always commute, a lot of people do it.

Rugman15

Quote from: AirWarren on December 05, 2017, 11:35:27 am
I don't think you have heard me say one time this year we are world beaters that cannot be beat.

I have respected every one of our opponents from week one through this week. Including your team.

BUT I just don't like your team, your town and fanbase. I didn't like the poor attitudes I saw in 2013 and I see their attitudes did not change when I saw your team play Bauxite earlier this year. Booing the refs as they walk off the field for halftime, hearing parents cuss bauxite players from the stands, players standing up jumping around like animals as a Bauxite player laid on the ground hurt and your team didn't take a knee, the Arkadelphia fans clapping and yelling like a bunch of Baboons as their band walked out on the field and being disrespectful to the opposing team's mini cheerleaders performance because they were mad their little band didn't get enough time to show everyone that overrated performance, and the band lady who was looking for the "sheriff" to complain about Bauxite's mini cheerleaders taking up too much time and not allowing the band to perform and she wanted "answers", Arkadelphia fans being disrespectful on Warren's side of the field in 2013 and so on and so on and so on. I don't do social media like facebook, but I have been told that now we got a flood of Arkadelphia lunatics flooding the Warren school page with their BS. Two occurrences I have had an opportunity to witness Arkadelphia and two times have I left that presence in sheer disgust. And I have yet to learn what the arrogance is all about and poor attitude.

So yep, I hope Warren beats the brakes off your team.

They haven't changed so be ready! 

Tough game to pick, but I will take the experience every time...

Warren 35
Arky 21

hogfan10

Quote from: Thatoneguy2 on December 05, 2017, 12:30:04 pm
You are the kind of person AirWarren was describing. You are acting like an animal, attacking him just because he moved. You need to learn some respect just like most of the Arkadelphia fans and players. Dont get truly upset bud.

Ironic.

Rugman15

Overdahill

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on December 05, 2017, 01:01:41 pm
Everyone knows Warren is where the original Garden of Eden was so who would want to leave?

someone who doesn't like tall pines, pink tomatoes or wide receivers? ;D

hogfan10

AirWarren

hogfan10

AirWarren

AirWarren

Quote from: hogfan10 on December 05, 2017, 01:21:01 pm
I've been to many, many Arkadelphia games and most of this years games; and I can guarantee that most of what you just stated is a straight up lie or at best well overstated. I can think of two fan bases that have expressed this type of opinion of Arkadelphia; Warren & Nashville, each of which seems to have an over inflated opinion of themselves. Sorry to disappoint you, but we do actually expect to compete (at worst) and win (at best) most if not all games we participate in; otherwise why play. Just to address a few of your statements:

- Booing refs - I'm sure the high class people of Warren have never done this. In this thread alone Warren is complaining about non-calls from last Friday's game.
- Cussing players from Bauxite - Doubt it unless there was some dirty play. Wonder if anybody from Warren cussed the OLM from JTR?
- Band Lady - Could be wrong but I don't think we have a band lady. We have a band director (male) and an assistant band director (also male). Possibly a parent, don't
    know, but halftime is only 20 minutes, anything over that is a delay of game penalty on the home team. Oddly, halftime was extended with no penalty assessed to
    Bauxite.
- Baboons applauding - Nice, such class, you're an example for us all to live by.  What can I say, we like our band; and why shouldn't we, they're two-time state champs
   (The only two times a state championship competition has been held).
- Unruly fans on the Warren side in 2013 - Tell the truth, you're just mad that we had more fans in Warren than Warren did.

And don't kid yourself, you're not respectful of other schools/towns. You placate them with backhanded compliments, but only if they kiss your mythical ring first (you don't have a state championship ring, do you?). It's no surprise you're not on Facebook/social media, it would require friends.

hogfan10

Rugman15

hogfan10

Quote from: Rugman15 on December 05, 2017, 02:05:45 pm
No it was to much fake news for me!

I guess you thought I was talking to you?
I'll play, here's some news from last weekend: Arkadelphia 51, Pea Ridge 26.

Rugman15

Quote from: hogfan10 on December 05, 2017, 02:10:19 pm
I guess you thought I was talking to you?
I'll play, here's some news from last weekend: Arkadelphia 51, Pea Ridge 26.

:-*

Hope you Arky fans don't start booing when your players punch a Warren player :D...Burks probably won't like that, might not want to mess with him ;)

mossflyer

One thing I know for sure...perception = reality.

Even if your perception is completely biased and skewed...it's your reality.

Chief_Osceola™

That's what I'm talkin' about!  A ****** showdown!

The tension in the air, can you feel it?  I can feel it....down in my plums...

hogfan10

Quote from: Rugman15 on December 05, 2017, 02:14:44 pm
:-*

Hope you Arky fans don't start booing when your players punch a Warren player :D...Burks probably won't like that, might not want to mess with him ;).

Speaking of fake news.
Aren't you in the band, if so, you didn't have a good view of that play from your seat. Both players were hand fighting so to speak; defender trying to grab/tackle and the offensive player trying to elude/escape. The play was flagged for late hit (even though the whistle had not yet blown), I guess. If punches had been thrown, the offender would have been ejected from the game. The play was flagged (unnecessarily IMO), so I can only assume if the ref saw a punch he would have also ejected that player, whether it was our player or yours. Honestly, from our side (from across the field), it looked like the PR player was slapping at the Badger's head. I have no doubt in my mind that if either player threw a punch they would have been ejected, those refs had a quick trigger.

AirWarren

Quote from: hogfan10 on December 05, 2017, 02:04:43 pm
Too many big words, or just words?
Also convenient.

I've said my peace on Arkadelphia and other various topics not related to the game. Now, honestly, interested in getting back to the game.

Plus you're a chronic complainer. I grow tiresome of you type of people these days. See below....Got that blame the ref card in your back pocket.
http://www.fearlessfriday.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=132482.msg3550486;boardseen#new

Rest assured, if Arkadelphia wins, I will be the first to congratulate the winning team. Can't say the same for you people.

BP74

I joined this board this season to follow 4A football. It's been pretty good til lately. Some of you high school kids should grow up first before getting on message boards. Some of you adults should know better than to spew some of the crap you are putting on here.

I live in Arkadelphia and proud to share it with anyone. Is there a faction of our fans I'm ashamed of, sure. You can find them in any stadium on any given Friday night.

I've enjoyed reading some of the posters on here this year, but largely it's like most message boards I've read in the past. Pathetic

AirWarren

Quote from: BP74 on December 05, 2017, 02:33:42 pm
I joined this board this season to follow 4A football. It's been pretty good til lately. Some of you high school kids should grow up first before getting on message boards. Some of you adults should know better than to spew some of the crap you are putting on here.

I live in Arkadelphia and proud to share it with anyone. Is there a faction of our fans I'm ashamed of, sure. You can find them in any stadium on any given Friday night.

I've enjoyed reading some of the posters on here this year, but largely it's like most message boards I've read in the past. Pathetic

Man, you haven't seen anything. This board has turned into a Millennial safe haven. You think THIS is bad?

It's Tuesday. I will pace myself.....maybe I will keep it a safe zone until Saturday.

BP74

Quote from: AirWarren on December 05, 2017, 02:37:27 pm
Man, you haven't seen anything. This board has turned into a Millennial safe haven. You think THIS is bad?

It's Tuesday. I will pace myself.....maybe I will keep it a safe zone until Saturday.

You just like drama and stirring the pot. Carry on if it makes you feel better. I won't run you or your team down.

AirWarren

Quote from: BP74 on December 05, 2017, 02:53:58 pm
You just like drama and stirring the pot. Carry on if it makes you feel better. I won't run you or your team down.

HA, maybe several years ago. That post I made was Gerber Graduate type stuff man.

Honestly, just looking forward to a good ball game.

bigchief72455

Oldbadger

hogfan10

Quote from: AirWarren on December 05, 2017, 02:29:08 pm
I've said my peace on Arkadelphia and other various topics not related to the game. Now, honestly, interested in getting back to the game.

Plus you're a chronic complainer. I grow tiresome of you type of people these days. See below....Got that blame the ref card in your back pocket.
http://www.fearlessfriday.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=132482.msg3550486;boardseen#new

Rest assured, if Arkadelphia wins, I will be the first to congratulate the winning team. Can't say the same for you people.

Really, you've said your peace? So no more gibberish from you, for now on it's all game talk? See the difference between you and I, is that you choose to degrade/label the whole town of Arkadelphia, while I choose to just label you and not all of Warren or Benton, whichever it is or both.
I'm a chronic complainer? I have 468 posts in 4 years time, most of which have nothing to do with actual gameplay (as in rehashing of games). You've gone all the way to the Jr. High board to find me complaining about officiating in the Arkadelphia/Nashville 9th grade game. I stand by that complaint, and if I'm not mistaken, I also stated in that same thread that I thought they (Nashville) had the better team.

AirWarren

Quote from: hogfan10 on December 05, 2017, 03:02:51 pm
Really, you've said your peace? So no more gibberish from you, for now on it's all game talk? See the difference between you and I, is that you choose to degrade/label the whole town of Arkadelphia, while I choose to just label you and not all of Warren or Benton, whichever it is or both.
I'm a chronic complainer? I have 468 posts in 4 years time, most of which have nothing to do with actual gameplay (as in rehashing of games). You've gone all the way to the Jr. High board to find me complaining about officiating in the Arkadelphia/Nashville 9th grade game. I stand by that complaint, and if I'm not mistaken, I also stated in that same thread that I thought they (Nashville) had the better team.

See......still complaining. I left the door wide open for you to stop complaining.....and you still found a way to let it hit you square in the face.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Oldbadger

Warren? The Garden of Eden?  Last time I was there everyone had their clothes on!lol  However, one main player in the Garden of Eden was a snake.  He's no longer there.  But he does post on FF a lot.lol

Oldbadger

Hey Lumberjack, I was just kidding, the game is still at 12.  Just going on with you guys!lol

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Oldbadger

hogfan10

Quote from: AirWarren on December 05, 2017, 03:09:34 pm
See......still complaining. I left the door wide open for you to stop complaining.....and you still found a way to let it hit you square in the face.

Don't think I complained about anything. I did say I stand by a previous complaint of mine; that you brought up.
There's a difference.

bigchief72455

Quote from: bigchief72455 on December 05, 2017, 02:57:47 pm
I predict this thread will be locked at about 2:00 Saturday afternoon. lol
The it will be 7:30 Saturday evening since the game was moved back.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: hogfan10 on December 05, 2017, 01:21:01 pm
but halftime is only 20 minutes, anything over that is a delay of game penalty on the home team. Oddly, halftime was extended with no penalty assessed to
    Bauxite.

Halftime has been extended by 2-3 minutes at every game I've been at the last few years. Nobody has ever been assessed a penalty.

AirWarren

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: LAfootball fan on December 05, 2017, 01:04:12 pm
It was also mentioned that when Robinson went to the wildcat with Cesar Warren running the ball that Arkadelphia had some trouble stopping that.  Was that true?   

Yes, he had 255 yards rushing against the Badgers.

hogfan10

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on December 05, 2017, 03:24:16 pm
Halftime has been extended by 2-3 minutes at every game I've been at the last few years. Nobody has ever been assessed a penalty.

Maybe so. I know Arkadelphia got that penalty a few years back. Needless to say, we have a 20 min half at home.
At PR last Friday, they put 15 min on the clock at halftime. I don't believe the second half started immediately after those 15 min.

beach bum

That is literally my biggest gripe with the sport of football is the length of halftime.... I understand the band plays and other festivities go on. But college is the worst. It's insane how long it can be. High school's is pretty long too. I think NFL's is actually incredibly short compared to college cause I always hear them talking about how hard it is for Super Bowl teams at halftime cause its 3 times longer than normal and they almost get completely out of the flow of the game.

Nacho

Arkadelphia got one (I think) against Malvern.

Nacho

And not that it matters now but just for some clarification. Arkadelphia's AD  knew that the Bauxite halftime stuff was going to run long, they agreed on it before the game that's why there was no penalty.  So there's that. AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHY THAT'S BROUGHT UP.

I like calpreps prediction (I did it the other day) with Arkadelphia winning 34-22. That's my hope.

hogfan10

Quote from: Nacho on December 05, 2017, 03:35:38 pm
And not that it matters now but just for some clarification. Arkadelphia's AD  knew that the Bauxite halftime stuff was going to run long, they agreed on it before the game that's why there was no penalty.  So there's that. AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHY THAT'S BROUGHT UP.

I like calpreps prediction (I did it the other day) with Arkadelphia winning 34-22. That's my hope.

It was brought up as an interesting side note (to me) to AirWarren's complaints about the Arkadelphia band, it's band lady (?), our fans applause toward the band, and his overall dislike of the band's performance at the Bauxite game. No relevance, just an observation.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas