• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"A Different View"..............................

Started by Coach Venny Slocombe, November 26, 2006, 12:52:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Coach Venny Slocombe

I went to the game and got my money's worth in this one. An excellent game decided by a field goal. I was there and could care less which team won. I did however pick Rogers to win. Bu the arrogance of the Rogers fans really amazes me. I sat on the Rogers side and when leaving most all fans were chanting, ranting and raving about how they got cheated and that, of course, the ref's were from Fort Smith. Bottom line is this, Rogers lost to a better team on Saturday night. If they played ten times Rogers may beat them more, but tonight Southside was better. So to all the Rogers fans...............YOU LOST! LIVE WITH IT, and learn how to be good sports. The ref's did not beat you. Missed extra points might have had something to do with it! ;)

Smithian

I will say that while Southside brought the 12th man, they brought the 13th, 14th, 15th, and 16th man.

I heard that the Roger fans boed the Dixie Belles when the performed before the game... Tell me that isn't true.

Father Guido

I believe that would be the "Peacock" factor.  Most I've talked to hail him as a great coach and motivator, but...it's the other stuff they don't miss.

not ray

I wonder if his wife burst into the dressing room and blamed all the players like she did previously?

HiTech

Quote from: FootballFun on November 26, 2006, 02:45:09 am
I will say that while Southside brought the 12th man, they brought the 13th, 14th, 15th, and 16th man.

I heard that the Roger fans boed the Dixie Belles when the performed before the game... Tell me that isn't true.
There were some kids who booed and we as senior dads yelled for them to shut up. That is classless. My family met a Dixie Bell girl at Wendy's after the game and congratulated her on a good job. All the seinor Rogers  dads applauded the girls as they exited the field near where we were standing. I am sorry for the few kids who booed. I hope you don't think that all Rogers fans would do that.

craigja

Quote from: HiTech on November 26, 2006, 08:31:18 am

There were some kids who booed and we as senior dads yelled for them to shut up. That is classless. My family met a Dixie Bell girl at Wendy's after the game and congratulated her on a good job. All the seinor Rogers  dads applauded the girls as they exited the field near where we were standing. I am sorry for the few kids who booed. I hope you don't think that all Rogers fans would do that.
With the reputation of your fans we wouldn't be surprised if you had thrown stuff at the Dixie Belles.

It's funny how outside perception of a team is drawn from how their fan base conducts themselves.   Read the threads today and you tell me what the perception of Rogers Football is in the State of Arkansas.

HiTech

Quote from: KHS on November 26, 2006, 08:35:59 am

With the reputation of your fans we wouldn't be surprised if you had thrown stuff at the Dixie Belles.

It's funny how outside perception of a team is drawn from how their fan base conducts themselves.   Read the threads today and you tell me what the perception of Rogers Football is in the State of Arkansas.

When I read the posts on this board, I can tell you what the perception of Rogers is by jealous FF posters. Springdale was treated the same way last year by FF posters. I guess it is just human nature.
You for example. choosing to ignore what I just told you about how the mature  Rogers fans treated the Dixie Bells and believing that a hand full of students is an example of an entire fanbase.

craigja

Quote from: HiTech on November 26, 2006, 08:43:36 am

When I read the posts on this board, I can tell you what the perception of Rogers is by jealous FF posters. Springdale was treated the same way last year by FF posters. I guess it is just human nature.
You for example. choosing to ignore what I just told you about how the mature  Rogers fans treated the Dixie Bells and believing that a hand full of students is an example of an entire fanbase.
You better record that message and prepare to pass it out around town.  You have more than just me to contend with. 

Springdale was different.  They were confident and backed it up.  Rogers entire following is cocky and I'm not just talking about the teenagers.  What has been going on with Rogers fans etc.... is like nothing I've ever seen before.  A total disregard for everyone.  You would think football was invented in Rogers.

HiTech

Quote from: KHS on November 26, 2006, 09:01:46 am
Quote from: HiTech on November 26, 2006, 08:43:36 am

You better record that message and prepare to pass it out around town.  You have more than just me to contend with. 

Springdale was different.  They were confident and backed it up.  Rogers entire following is cocky and I'm not just talking about the teenagers.  What has been going on with Rogers fans etc.... is like nothing I've ever seen before.  A total disregard for everyone.  You would think football was invented in Rogers.

Exactly what has been going on with Rogers fans? What is it that Rogers fans have done that was so offensive to everyone. Rogers players did back up any pride that we had in them. They are the only team in the 7A that can say they beat every team they played at least once.
I am happy for Southside. Ask the players if they won their championship trophy easily. Ask them if they didn't have to play one their best games of the year to earn it. Ask the SS coaches if they didn't have to constantly make adjustment to get the win.
Why run down the fanbase of your opponents team. Soutside won the game even though their fans were out numbered nearly 2 to 1. Be proud of your team without running down the fans of your worthy opponent.

not ray

It starts at the top.  I have a lot of respect for Coach Peacock, but when he gets interviewed by ESPN and says something I know it not true it gets under my skin.  Rogers has lost no players to Bentonville due to the facilities.  In fact, there were 2 players that came to Bentonville from Rogers.  One went back and the other was not even close to be a real player.  And if you are talking about move ins.  Well that makes no sense either.  They did not start using the facilities until right before last season.  So they have had them for barely 18 months.  But it is easy to say something like that.  Especially when the focus is about the other guy and the connection to Wal Mart.  So many people are just looking for reasons to hater Wal Mart and anything asscoiated with them.  So he played a good hand when he had the chance.  Problem is his pair of kings fell to the pocket Aces that Southside had on Saturday night.

ganglion

I have never been to a game yet, where there were not some knucklehead fans booing the opposing team's band or cheerleaders.  I have to admire the Roger's parents who told them to shut up.  I walked out beside two families of Rogers fans, and all they were talking about was how good a game it was, and how much they respected SS.  e
EVERYONE babes about officials, and I doubt that would have been different had SS lost[IMO].

HiTech

Quote from: ganglion on November 26, 2006, 09:30:13 am

I have never been to a game yet, where there were not some knucklehead fans booing the opposing team's band or cheerleaders.  I have to admire the Roger's parents who told them to shut up.  I walked out beside two families of Rogers fans, and all they were talking about was how good a game it was, and how much they respected SS.  e
EVERYONE babes about officials, and I doubt that would have been different had SS lost[IMO].
Thank you Ganglion. You just described the Rogers fans that I know. I am not familiar with the persona that some would have you believe on this board.

b_stackhouse

Quote from: S.D. Jones on November 26, 2006, 09:15:49 am
It starts at the top.  I have a lot of respect for Coach Peacock, but when he gets interviewed by ESPN and says something I know it not true it gets under my skin.  Rogers has lost no players to Bentonville due to the facilities.  In fact, there were 2 players that came to Bentonville from Rogers.  One went back and the other was not even close to be a real player.  And if you are talking about move ins.  Well that makes no sense either.  They did not start using the facilities until right before last season.  So they have had them for barely 18 months.  But it is easy to say something like that.  Especially when the focus is about the other guy and the connection to Wal Mart.  So many people are just looking for reasons to hater Wal Mart and anything asscoiated with them.  So he played a good hand when he had the chance.  Problem is his pair of kings fell to the pocket Aces that Southside had on Saturday night.
I don't think Peacock's statement was false.  I don't think he intended it to be a jab at B-ville either.  I think the statement was concerning move-ins.  You say B-ville has only had those facilities for 18 months.  Well just think about the number of people who have moved to NWA in the past 18 months.  I am assured the number is very large.  I think what Peacock meant the statement to mean is that those move-ins see what Rogers has to offer and then they see what B-ville has to offer, and they simply chose to move to the B-ville district.  A good school system is probably the most important factor in choosing where to live.  Or at least that should be the case for parents.  If a father has a son who has potential to go somewhere in football, they would almost be stupid not to choose B-ville with the facilities thay have to offer.  I believe that is all Peacock was saying.  I have the episode of Outside The Lines saved on my Tivo, I have watched it several times, and I really feel that is what he meant.  This isn't an attack against you S.D.  I have read most of your posts on Fearless and consider you to be a fair and objective poster.  I just think you might have misunderstood Peacock on his statement.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas