• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

**** NEWS FLASH ***BRYANT LOST!****

Started by dj, November 02, 2006, 11:10:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dj

LET THE TIGER HATERS ROAR! NEXT TIME TELL THE KIDS FROM BRYANT THEY SHOULDN'T TRASH TALK,AND TO STAY OFF OF DRIVE TIME SPORTS RUNNING THEIR MOUTHS AND YOU MIGHT WIN A BIG GAME THAT MEANS SOMETHING!
THANKS FOR HELPING CENTRAL WIN CONFERENCE TITLE 62 IN SCHOOL HISTORY! ANOTHER STATE RECORD WOW!

Im really being a jerk with this one,because of some of the Bryant fans are being sore loser after the trash talk!( It was a classic game,and a heartbreaker! Man I felt bad for how the Bryant players were really hurt. I hope they pick it up and represent our conference well!
Hornet2( Your COOL Man) I stated my concerns with our team, We need Charles Clay,our defense is the best as they proved it tonight. We need to open it up and let the other play makers on the team get the ball! Anyway Go Tigers! Bring on the playoffs! Southside,Northside,any side!

tweeterm85

Man where did u guys get the Reffs they were so freaking dumb....U know they sucked..... Our defense kicked your butts ...we would have one if it wasn't for that bs Forward pass call at the end he was three yards back from the line,and they were supposivly not throwing the flags on Your number 52 tonight whats up with that...
                                On the other note though good game.see yah in the Championship. ;)                              Deuce it

riccoar

Bryant's defense seemed a little better than Central's tonight.  Remember, Bryant fumbled a kickoff late in the fourth which allowed Central to take the lead.  If you ask most of the experts, I bet none would have believed Bryant would have played Central this good.  Also, I thought it was pitiful that the ref didn't know how to count to five when marking off a penalty.

dj

November 03, 2006, 01:13:08 am #3 Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 01:21:36 am by dj
Quote from: tweeterm85 on November 02, 2006, 11:41:02 pm
Man where did u guys get the Reffs they were so freaking dumb....U know they sucked..... Our defense kicked your butts ...we would have one if it wasn't for that bs Forward pass call at the end he was three yards back from the line,and they were supposivly not throwing the flags on Your number 52 tonight whats up with that...
                                On the other note though good game.see yah in the Championship. ;)                              Deuce it

Actually they were terrible officials,It should have been a penalty for intentional grounding. They should have called a penalty on your QB for a illegal forward pass on the drive in the 3rd quater,Your QB Crossed the line of scrimage,they missed that call on BRYANT'S ONLY TD drive so be quiet about the Refs! Plus they threw 2 INTERCEPTIONS  7 QB SACKS AND 5 PLAYS FOR LOST YARDAGE! THE CENTRAL DEFENSE DOMINATED. THE MISCUE ON THE PUNT IS THE ONLY REASON YOU ALL GOT A FIELD GOAL.YOU GOT YOUR BREAKS.I LAUGHED WHEN CENTRAL RAN IT BACK 85 YRDS TO END THE GAME,BE THANKFUL THEY DROPPED 3 PICKS THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN RETURNED FOR SCORES.  GIVE US OUR RESPECT YOUR DEFENSE DIDN'T MAKE THE PLAYS THAT WINS CHAMPIONSHIP,GET A RUNNING GAME WITH THE PASS ATTACK,U MIGHT BE OKAY IN THE FUTURE,GET READY BECAUSE THATS A PREVIEW OF WHOM YOU WILL FACE NEXT YEAR.YOUR DEFENSE THEY GAVE UP OVER 100 YRDS RUSHING TO OUR BACK-UP BACKS! OUR BEST PLAYER DIDN'T EVEN PLAY. ALOT OF ANKLE TACKLES YOUR TEAM MADE WOULD HAVE BEEN TOUCHDOWNS WITH CHARLES CLAY MR! YOU LOST! YOU LOST ! YOU LOST! CENTRAL HAS THE BEST DEFENSE WHEN YOU FINISH! IF OUR COACHES HADN'T BEEN SO darn CONSERVATIVE AND THREW SHORT PASSES,THEY WOULD HAVE WORE YOUR WEAK DEFENSE OUT! BETTER HOPE BRYANT SHOWS UP FOR THE PLAYOFFS

dj

Quote from: riccoar on November 03, 2006, 12:15:46 am
Bryant's defense seemed a little better than Central's tonight.  Remember, Bryant fumbled a kickoff late in the fourth which allowed Central to take the lead.  If you ask most of the experts, I bet none would have believed Bryant would have played Central this good.  Also, I thought it was pitiful that the ref didn't know how to count to five when marking off a penalty.

Heard the Refs were from Bryant!

tcockerham

Heard wrong!  Bryant's defense was up to the task.  Offense was suspect, as were the refs.  Watch the game again on TV and then let's have a discussion.  It is hard to see everything in the heat of action.  It was an intertaining FAST game.  Man the first half was over quick.  These games are becoming classic's we might have a new major rivalry starting up.

LRSports

Quote from: BryantPlyr on November 03, 2006, 08:52:48 am
Congratulations to Central on your win. And it is no surprise that you, DJ are being a jerk, thats just you being you.  I was beginning to wonder if DJ was running the clock last night after his whine-fest over the 2004 game.  How many times did they have to reset the clock because it didn't stop when it was suppose to, twice? OMG those refs were STUPID!!! I think the big homer who kept hitting the set ball with his foot, called the NLR game but I am not sure.  I mean how hard is it to walk off 5 yards.  But one fact came out of this game Genisis Cole was Not a factor.  And Central has got to admit, that Bryant was more than they bargined for.  Next year, our house.

One of the best HS games ever for fans...that's what it's all about :)

2 quality teams that can play with anyone statewide...Best of luck in the playoffs!!!

Tony the Tiger

Quote from: tweeterm85 on November 02, 2006, 11:41:02 pm
Anybody care to translate this into English?

Tony the Tiger

November 03, 2006, 10:13:59 am #8 Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 10:16:30 am by Tony the Tiger
Congratulations to Central on your win. And it is no surprise that you, DJ are being a jerk, thats just you being you.  I was beginning to wonder if DJ was running the clock last night after his whine-fest over the 2004 game.  How many times did they have to reset the clock because it didn't stop when it was suppose to, twice? OMG those refs were STUPID!!! I think the big homer who kept hitting the set ball with his foot, called the NLR game but I am not sure.  I mean how hard is it to walk off 5 yards.  But one fact came out of this game Genisis Cole was Not a factor.  And Central has got to admit, that Bryant was more than they bargined for.  Next year, our house.
What is that picture on 1C in today's Democrat-Gazette?

highschoolfootball

Yes, i definately sense a rival. Good game by both sides and officials were horrible. But, they were horrible for both sides. Good luck in the playoffs!

dj

Not a factor, did you see the spectular 35 yrd catch he made,and they scored the next play! So he wasn't a factor? Are you sure! I'm being a Jerk because all of the comments Wed. and Thursday. We would get whipped,we would get destoryed! Where was all that. As far as the game clock,there was some idiots running it,I agree. They thought it was a college game and Ran off 15 seconds when we got the ball back after your team scored.There is no change of posession clock running rule in high school.Also on that TD Drive again I still say it was a illegal forward pass that you all scored on. Thats what they met and conferenced about. Of course there is no replay in high school,oh well. The QB should have been sacked,he got out side the pocket was 2 yrds pass the line of scrimage when he throw that ball,thats why the Central secondary ran up to tackle him and he lobbed the ball. They don't leave people wide open like that! Central coaches don't argue with the Refs,but they actually were in a uproar over that one!

Central Tigers

Quote from: highschoolfootball on November 03, 2006, 10:55:39 am
Yes, i definately sense a rival. Good game by both sides and officials were horrible. But, they were horrible for both sides. Good luck in the playoffs!

Yeah, I've definitely seen better officiating.  And I'm sure that many people feel the same way as dj about the coaches being conservative.  But Coach Cox has been coaching Central for 30 years, and for anyone who doubts him... just look at the result of the game.

Tony the Tiger

Quote from: BryantPlyr on November 03, 2006, 08:07:35 pm
Quote from: Tony the Tiger on November 03, 2006, 10:13:59 am

Yeah, so...what other big play did he make?  After he was shook up an taken off the field, I don't remember hearing his name for the rest of the night.  We all know that the papers run a picture because it looks good, not because that player was the most important in the game.  It was that running back that made the difference in Centrals game.  What is his name...I can't remember
One big play is all it takes to be a factor....but wait, I guess you haven't learned that yet! I keep forgetting that children post here...

Tony the Tiger

Quote from: BryantPlyr on November 05, 2006, 09:46:21 pm
Quote from: Tony the Tiger on November 05, 2006, 01:48:21 pm

Yeah, so...what other big play did he make?  After he was shook up an taken off the field, I don't remember hearing his name for the rest of the night.  We all know that the papers run a picture because it looks good, not because that player was the most important in the game.  It was that running back that made the difference in Centrals game.  What is his name...I can't remember
One big play is all it takes to be a factor....but wait, I guess you haven't learned that yet! I keep forgetting that children post here...

What are you Cole's father or something?  He made one big play, got hit by Bryant too hard and was carried off the field.  I am sure everyone is clapping because of his one play.  If you would have continued to read you would have understood that I was trying to give credit to your running back who worked like a work horse all night.  But I understand that old guys post on here and have problems falling asleep sitting up.  You must have dozed off before finishing my post....we will forgive you just this once.
The slang term for 'cat' keeps popping to mind when I see your posts.... Cole came right back into the game. You don't think he was a factor on defense? Perhaps you should watch some game tape. BTW, come to the Heflin YMCA in NLR any afternoon at around six (except on game days) and we'll see if you can match my bench press.

blondebomber

Bryant clearly played the best game Thurs. night,
but the scoreboard did not clearly indicate how the
real champs played....the point is the Hornets outplayed
Central in everyway, upset and shaken to our QB but
not stirred, out defense took on your TIGERS and tamed
them royally....Central staff and team know they escaped
with a win......the officials might have been the best winner
of all....Like your Coach indicated See you at War Memorial
for the real game and real officials too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bryant rules, Central drools.......GO HORNETS.....

mack

What are you Cole's father or something?  He made one big play, got hit by Bryant too hard and was carried off the field.  I am sure everyone is clapping because of his one play.  If you would have continued to read you would have understood that I was trying to give credit to your running back who worked like a work horse all night.  But I understand that old guys post on here and have problems falling asleep sitting up.  You must have dozed off before finishing my post....we will forgive you just this once.

BP, at our age you can fall asleep STANDING up.  I'm a little surprised at you not wanting to give Cole any respect.
Even if he only had one big play, you guys certainly spent time preparing for what he brings to the game.  You did a good job on him.  Be proud of that.  Heck, you guys have the talent and desire to win it all. 

And, just for the record, I've seen Tony the Tiger bench 850 lbs.  So be careful.

dj

Quote from: blondebomber on November 06, 2006, 12:31:55 pm

darn WHAT A SORE LOSER! YOUR TEAM GOT A TOUCHDOWN SCORE ON THE LAST PLAY OF THE GAME! HOW EMBRASSING! I SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN CLOSE,OUR DEFENSE CAME CLOSE TO PICKING OFF 3 OTHER PASSES THAT COULD HAVE BEEN RETURNED FOR A TOUCHDOWN! THEY FINAL GOT ONE! IT WAS JUST A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE IT HAPPEN,A BLIND MAN COULD HAVE SEEN THAT. CALL IT A MORAL VICTORY FOR BRYANT THEY DIDN'T GET BLOWN OUT BY US. BUT TO SAY YOU HAVE A BETTER TEAM,WHEN OUR BEST PLAYER DIDN'T EVEN PLAY IS A JOKE. AT LEAST WE WON'T GET BLOWN OUT IN THE FIRST ROUND OF THE PLAYOFFS. YOU ALL ARE PUTTING YOUR WHOLE SEASON INTO THE CENTRAL GAME. GET OVER IT,CONFERNCE CHAMPIONSHIPS ARE NICE( WE HAVE 62 OF THEM) THEY GOT THOPHY'S IN THE CLOSETS AT CENTRAL. IT WAS A BIG WIN FOR A YOUNG CENTRAL TEAM,BUT WIN OR LOSE IT WASN'T GOING TO MAKE OR BREAK THE SEASON FOR US! YOU NEED TO TEACH YOUR PLAYERS HOW TO HOLD ON TO THE FOOTBALL. THE SAME OFFICIALS ARE THE ONES WHO MISSED THE ILLEGAL FORWARD PASS WHEN YOUR QB PASSED THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE THROW FOR THE ONLY TOUCHDOWN BRYANT GOT. NOW THAT WAS CAUSE TO GO BANANNAS OVER! THE CENTRAL COACHES NEVER COMPLAIN ABOUT THE CALLS,BUT THAT WAS OBIVOUS! SO TO TRY AND SAY THE REFS WERE A FACTOR,PLEASE! OUR DEFENSE MADE PLAYS WHEN THEY NEED TOO,AND YOURS DIDN'T! BE PROUD YOUR TEAM PLAYED US CLOSE,BUT TO SAY THEY ARE BETTER! COME ON!

mack

Is the legal drinking age 14 in Bryant?

dj

Quote from: mack on November 06, 2006, 02:00:25 pm

Mack that was too funny!

fbhound

dj:
     Cox is a classy, excellent coach and you should learn how to be a good fan. People are tired of hearing about 52 trophies and past Championships when back in those days of the 50s through 70s Central had a HUGE advantage in enrollment and SHOULD have won the championship every year. Put things in perspective. Back then there was no AAA forcing an enrollment classification of teams like today. If so, Central would have been in a conference with just Pine Bluff and one Ft. Smith school and maybe Catholic or Hall.. Times are changing, so "dj" get current and forget all those trophies in those "two blocks long of cases"... Try to be a more humble Central fan and do not destroy Cox's fine image that he has spent 30 years developing. Nuff said....

Tony the Tiger

Quote from: mack on November 06, 2006, 12:36:31 pm

BP, at our age you can fall asleep STANDING up.  I'm a little surprised at you not wanting to give Cole any respect.
Even if he only had one big play, you guys certainly spent time preparing for what he brings to the game.  You did a good job on him.  Be proud of that.  Heck, you guys have the talent and desire to win it all. 

And, just for the record, I've seen Tony the Tiger bench 850 lbs.  So be careful.
LOL

Tony the Tiger

Quote from: mack on November 06, 2006, 02:00:25 pm

LOL....take two

nlrfootball#83

HEY DJ WHERE ARE THE MIGHTY TIGERS NOW I AM PRETTY SURE WE ARE THE ONLY CENTRAL CONFRENCE TEAM IN PLAYOFFS STILL

shiloh forever

dj,turn your freaken caps lock off.We understand what your trying to say,jeez!

dj

Quote from: NLRFOOTBALL on November 11, 2006, 12:52:53 pm
HEY DJ WHERE ARE THE MIGHTY TIGERS NOW I AM PRETTY SURE WE ARE THE ONLY CENTRAL CONFRENCE TEAM IN PLAYOFFS STILL

Coaching lost that game,you would have had to been there to understand. If you play to not lose and you have the better athletes and then you don't take advantage until you get behind,after trying to play field position with a 3-0 lead all night to only lose because of a blocked punt. We ran the darn power I all night until the last series and went 74 yards in 5 plays to the 10. They call back a TD and we dropped 2 passes in the end zone. So its not like southside walked in and just out played Central. If your defense shows up your team should win. We shut them out,and if you look at the total offense we moved the ball several times. I mean if the coach punts on the opponents 30 yard line on 4th and 6 with the wind,would you call that conservative or what. Im not making excuses. I talked to a couple of players from the neighborhood,and they said themselves they had no business losing,especially like that. I don't care about Central fans getting mad. I said after we played Bryant if Cox was conservative with play calling we would lose. I just hate it became a relevation.
Yeah we lost,and due us a favor,just don't get blown out! Toot your Horn when you win your first post,Jimmy Carter,Post Ronald Regan,Post George Bush,Post Bill Clinton,darn Post George Bush II era! I wish you Good luck. Central is still much better than your WILDCATS.

BigDaddyD63

it was a hard devestating loss...that all i can say...i root for NLR because LRC is out now....bryant losing was no suprise though

ganglion

Quote from: dj on November 12, 2006, 12:25:11 am

Coaching lost that game,you would have had to been there to understand. If you play to not lose and you have the better athletes and then you don't take advantage until you get behind,after trying to play field position with a 3-0 lead all night to only lose because of a blocked punt. We ran the darn power I all night until the last series and went 74 yards in 5 plays to the 10. They call back a TD and we dropped 2 passes in the end zone. So its not like southside walked in and just out played Central. If your defense shows up your team should win. We shut them out,and if you look at the total offense we moved the ball several times. I mean if the coach punts on the opponents 30 yard line on 4th and 6 with the wind,would you call that conservative or what. Im not making excuses. I talked to a couple of players from the neighborhood,and they said themselves they had no business losing,especially like that. I don't care about Central fans getting mad. I said after we played Bryant if Cox was conservative with play calling we would lose. I just hate it became a relevation.
Yeah we lost,and due us a favor,just don't get blown out! Toot your Horn when you win your first post,Jimmy Carter,Post Ronald Regan,Post George Bush,Post Bill Clinton,darn Post George Bush II era! I wish you Good luck. Central is still much better than your WILDCATS.

dj, you sure make it difficult for Wildcat fans to be gracious.  But I will say that I was sorry to see Central lose to SS.  I sat by about 10 of the Central players at the NLR/Bryant game, and every one of them were polite, respectful kids.  They should have a heck of a team next year.

rs1227

All I want to say is Fayetteville played a very good game....  Bryant had worst game of their season most likely... But, could have something to do with Fayetteville....  Good luck to Fayetteville and NLR...  To me, the two classiest teams left.   I personally know most of the seniors from Bryant, because my son is one of them.  They are crushed and disappointed in how it ended.  But, hey, someone has to win, someone has to lose.  Long live High School football.  It is great!!!!! 

nlrfootball#83

Quote from: BHSfan on November 12, 2006, 05:51:43 pm
All I want to say is Fayetteville played a very good game....  Bryant had worst game of their season most likely... But, could have something to do with Fayetteville....  Good luck to Fayetteville and NLR...  To me, the two classiest teams left.   I personally know most of the seniors from Bryant, because my son is one of them.  They are crushed and disappointed in how it ended.  But, hey, someone has to win, someone has to lose.  Long live High School football.  It is great!!!!! 

Thanks man for that show of respect torwards our team I was mad to hear that bryant had lost because I wanted to see them make it farther but hopefully NLR will be able to keep the central confrence fans happy by beating southside and representing all the central confrence teams in the state championship game. I agree long live high school sports the only place for real athletism

rs1227

Mr. NLRFOOTBALL...  You better have that offensive line eat spahgetti all night long or something..  They are going to need their energy.  Fayetteville's defensive line had us looking like pretty bad.  Plus, they blitz, blitz, and then blitz some more....

nlrfootball#83

Quote from: BHSfan on November 13, 2006, 06:57:12 pm
Mr. NLRFOOTBALL...  You better have that offensive line eat spahgetti all night long or something..  They are going to need their energy.  Fayetteville's defensive line had us looking like pretty bad.  Plus, they blitz, blitz, and then blitz some more....

rodgers will shut down fayetteville but we have to first beat SS

jeebus

Aren't the refs in Playoff games selected by the state?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas