• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is Pine Bluff good enough to Crack top 3 in class 7A in Arkansas & Top 25 in national high school p

Started by The Zebra Successor, September 12, 2015, 07:00:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Zebra Successor

I've been silently looking at this blog. Just being quiet until this week has come upon us. This is one of three closest games you might get to see PB play this year. Which every station should have this game circled as one of the three games of the week for the 2015 Pine Bluff Zebras   The week of PB vs NLR what's the significance of NLR vs PB . For the last three years Pine Bluff has been the doormat for NLR losing 127 to 48 for PB. What makes a different in a year. NLR is without their same head coach without KJ Hill and In their new stadium. But the only change for Pine Bluff is a name change as the "The defending State Champions Pine Bluff Zebras. If Pine Bluff Beats NLR more 28 points. Pine Bluff stays #1 in 6A they also needed to be #2 in 7A.(wishful thinking) But if we closely look at PB's Season this game will be their second test of the Zebras farewell tour. Because this Pine Bluff team is probably one of the best collection of talent that's on one team for a community in the state of Arkansas if not has seen maybe has seen in the last 10 yrs. Because I think its not fair this season they are allowed to play people on 6A... So after NLR u ask...? What' s the next real test for the Zebras I might shock some people or I might not which you probably think its Eldo, Greenwood or even Benton. You would be wrong... The Parkview Patriots have probably the best shot to take the Zebras down from keep their farewell tour being perfect. Why would think Parkview could beat the Z's you ask..?? Well I don't have all the answers but I would like to say look at both of the teams and you tell me why. I will also go on record to Say I think Parkview needs to be ahead of Greenwood in the 6A polls. I also believe if the National writers really take a look at Pine Bluff they should be in the Top 25 in nation. I actually believe No high school in 6A classification in USA can hold a candle to these fellas. When I say they really looked improved from last week. By the time Week 10 rolls around they should be in the top 5 in the USA. I'm going to leave this post with a question If the Z's win the back to back. Should the School boards of Pine Bluff and the 7A champs get together for a 6A/7A State Title game ? Only one could wish...  :-\     

Baitshop

IMO, the short answer is no, and let me tell you why I feel that way...

1. You have beaten, handily I might add, a Northside team that I predict will go 5-5 this year (losses to PB, GW, HB, FV, BV, and SS) and a 5A Watson Chapel that has averaged only 5 win per year over the past 3 years. Both wins look good from the final scores, but I think, when the  season is over, they might not carry the weight that you would hope for.

2. I think that being in the top 3 in the 7A in Arkansas won't get you close to the Top 25 nationally. The only team that may get ranked in one of those "beauty contest" polls is Fayetteville and I think that they may have to depend too much on their offense to go through the 7A West undefeated.

3. Now, having said that, I believe that PB is head and shoulders the best team in the 6A this year and will go back to back in State Championship games....

As always, JOMHO...

Razorback Red

I pretty much agree with Bait on this one.  PB is clearly the top 6A program right now, and they are ranked 2 or 3 overall in most polls in AR.  That's pretty darn good respect this early in the season. 

I think Fayetteville would beat them by at least a couple of TD's and Bentonville would probably beat them in a close game.  Other than those 2, I would pick PB over any teams in AR this year. 

If the AAA would go back to the top 32 in 6A and get rid of 7A, we could find out. 

Let's all put our brakes on for a second on top 25 National programs.  Springdale 2005 and maybe one of the better Bentonville teams in the past 5 years could compete at that level, and IMO maybe Fayetteville this year, but that is another level.  Go back and watch the Trinity/De Le Salle game from 2 weeks ago and you'll see that AR teams are not to that level yet. 

Cabotred

Agree with the above posters.

PB is a great team in this state and should be favorites to repeat in 6A.  But they are still going to have to beat GW, Eldo, and Jboro. Remember not always the best team wins, look at PB Bball team last year.  They lost to some teams they should have beat and peak at the right time. 

Unfortunately a win over a down NLR this year will not be much of a resume builder.  A NLR supporter on this board state he thought they would start the season at 0-4.  That means they will likely finish regular season at 6-4 or prolly 5-5.  In doing so they only quality  teams they will have beaten will have been Jboro Or Central.  I think PB will be favored over NLR, don't count the WildCats out. They have talent and something to prove.  They also should be getting use to the coach and his system.  I sure hope Cabot doenst overlook them in two weeks.

While AR high school football is improving, it is hard for any team this state to compete with the elite programs in FL, TX, or west coast.

PB is having a great run, has very good talent, and all the pieces to make a push for a repeat.  Enjoy the ride!

The Zebra Successor

I really believe as a true football head Arkansas high school football nowadays is one of the top 10 best institutionalized football programs in the country in my mind.. Our best can compete with any part of the country best any time of the day..
Just because parents don't really push their kids into after school activities such as football I believe why rural states like Ark and Ala has now rose to power in football. We got to start believing Arkansas is a football haven especially for skill positions..   

P.F.G.

Watch IMG and bishop play. A whole new level. You can believe in Santa but that doesn't make him real.

Baitshop

Quote from: P.F.G. on September 12, 2015, 04:17:50 pm
Watch IMG and bishop play. A whole new level. You can believe in Santa but that doesn't make him real.

Wut...lol...everybody knows that Santa is real...

That must be a Crawford county thang...

P.F.G.

Razorback Red

Quote from: The Zebra Successor on September 12, 2015, 03:01:18 pm
I really believe as a true football head Arkansas high school football nowadays is one of the top 10 best institutionalized football programs in the country in my mind.. Our best can compete with any part of the country best any time of the day..
Just because parents don't really push their kids into after school activities such as football I believe why rural states like Ark and Ala has now rose to power in football. We got to start believing Arkansas is a football haven especially for skill positions..   

I don't want to downplay the fact that AR HS football has improved a lot in the past 10 years.  I think we are closing the gap and have teams that can compete with some regional powers, but there are still plenty of teams nationally that could handily beat our best. 

As a Bentonville fan, I can look at some of our OOS games the past few years and see that we have competed hard and had some success, but came up empty against the 2 best teams we've played.  Neither of those teams won state in the year they beat the Tigers. 

Here are some results:
The best program Bentonville has played was Trinity (Euless, TX).  I was very, very impressed with how hard the Tigers fought that game, especially considering that was KF's first ever start as a Soph.  We still lost by a TD.  That was a good Trinity team, but down by their standards. 
Bergen Catholic, NJ- Lost by 10 to them early last year.  They had speed at every single position and a QB that is going to be a Vol.
South Panola, MS- they had more speed and more high-level recruits, but Bentonville played smarter and beat them soundly
Broken Arrow, OK- played 3 times, with Bentonville winning the first and BA winning the last 2.  Pretty evenly matched, but BA has more overall size.  And they are typically only the 3rd best team in OK. 
KC Rockhurst- played 4 times and Bentonville leads 3-1
Texarkana, TX- played twice with Bentonville winning both. 
Valor Christian (Highland Ranch, CO)- lots of size and athleticism, but not enough D to slow down the Tigers.  Bentonville won big. 

NLR aslo played that same South Panola, MS team the next year and lost a close one. 

Personally, now that Bentonville is splitting, I would like to see Fayetteville step up their noncon schedule to give AR a shot at more quality OOS teams.  I really think a home and home with Jenks or Union would be fun to watch, or Fayetteville against Skyline, Aledo or another top TX program. 

gatecrasher

I just want PB to go ahead and win this title and get this done and let's move on to next year....
We have some ridiculous talent coming up, including a 6-6, 230 lb QB that has all the makings of a beast.
Too bad he's only a 9th grader. We need him now.

Mr_Deb

PB's skill people could mix it up with most of anybody at the high school level, depth could still be a factor and then there's the offensive, defensive line question...  when you look at teams like St. Thomas Aquinas, DeMatha, Allen and Trinity you see the total package as far as being head and shoulders better than everyone else on each side of the line. Springdale and a few of the early 00's Central teams had big mean linemen, people like Fred Bledsoe running around out there.

PB's had some real good skill people but imo the trenches seem to lag behind a tad in comparison to the Claude Johnson type personnel they seem to keep in abundance. I'd put PB in the Top 3 in Arkansas and Top 50 right now nationally, possibly move them up some later once the season plays out.

phdefense

Quote from: The Zebra Successor on September 12, 2015, 07:00:36 am

I've been silently looking at this blog forum. Just being quiet until this week has come upon us. This is one of three closest games you might get to see PB play this year. Which every station should have this game circled as one of the three games of the week for the 2015 Pine Bluff Zebras   The week of PB vs NLR what's the significance of NLR vs PB . For the last three years Pine Bluff has been the doormat for NLR losing 127 to 48 for PB. What makes a different in a year. NLR is without their same head coach without KJ Hill and In their new stadium. But the only change for Pine Bluff is a name change as the "The defending State 6A Champions Pine Bluff Zebras. If Pine Bluff Beats NLR more 28 points. Pine Bluff stays #1 in 6A they also needed to be #2 in 7A.(wishful thinking) But if we closely look at PB's Season this game will be their second test of the Zebras farewell tour. Because this Pine Bluff team is probably one of the best collection of talent that's on one team for a community in the state of Arkansas if not has seen maybe has seen in the last 10 yrs. Because I think its not fair this season they are allowed to play people on 6A... So after NLR u ask...? What' s the next real test for the Zebras I might shock some people or I might not which you probably think its Eldo, Greenwood or even Benton. You would be wrong... The Parkview Patriots have probably the best shot to take the Zebras down from keep their farewell tour being perfect. Why would think Parkview could beat the Z's you ask..?? Well I don't have all the answers but I would like to say look at both of the teams and you tell me why. I will also go on record to Say I think Parkview needs to be ahead of Greenwood in the 6A polls. I also believe if the National writers really take a look at Pine Bluff they should be in the Top 25 in nation. I actually believe No high school in 6A classification in USA can hold a candle to these fellas. When I say they really looked improved from last week. By the time Week 10 rolls around they should be in the top 5 in the USA. I'm going to leave this post with a question If the Z's win the back to back. Should the School boards of Pine Bluff and the 7A champs get together for a 6A/7A State Title game ? Only one could wish...  :-\     
FIFY and no

7A winner is normally as far above NLR as NLR is above PB. The "STATE" champion is the winner of the 7A the rest are just "classification" champions. I know the trophy says "state", but in reality there is only 1 best team in the state.

P.S. the Texas 6A champ would walk over PB like a doormat

Billyo62

I doubt it.  They may be a top 3 - 7A Team- Maybe...  No way they crack the top 25 in the country... Schedule way to weak... Just sayin, that's how those things work..

businesstron

I would say No and No.   I like PB but Bentonville might be better than last year,  Fayetteville is looking really really good and Harber looks like they have their best team in 5 years.   Add Southside to that and PB would have a hard time cracking the top 4 in Arkansas.  If they can't crack the top 4 then they can't crack top 50 nationally.

As far as their skills folks they are good but I don't think they start on the field with Cedar Hill/Desoto/IMG Academy/St Thomas Aquinas/Corona Cennteniel type teams.

Mr_Deb

I don't know much about what Bentonville and the Purple Dogs are doing this year but I do know that Pine Bluff is GOOD. The Top 50 is not a stretch, Madison Central is ranked at #35 Pine Bluff for sure could give those guys a challenge, South Panola just handled them pretty soundly. Strength of schedule is obviously not in their favor but depending on how they dominate the rest of the way they actually could be very well deserving of some national spotlight.

Notice quite a few zebra folks seem to be flying over this one

businesstron

Quote from: Mr_Deb on September 14, 2015, 06:31:49 pm
I don't know much about what Bentonville and the Purple Dogs are doing this year but I do know that Pine Bluff is GOOD. The Top 50 is not a stretch, Madison Central is ranked at #35 Pine Bluff for sure could give those guys a challenge, South Panola just handled them pretty soundly. Strength of schedule is obviously not in their favor but depending on how they dominate the rest of the way they actually could be very well deserving of some national spotlight.

It probably be a good idea to look em up then if you don't know.    Fayetteville put up 50 points on North Lil rock in the first half last week.  Bentonville and Harber are just better.   Pine Bluff might have their best team in a while but I don't think it's enough.  It would be some good games though. 

As far top 50 goes national I don't see them being better then Hoover, Don Bosco, Southlake Carroll, or even Tulsa Union or Dickinson. 

Mr_Deb

Quote from: businesstron on September 16, 2015, 12:30:45 pm
Quote from: Mr_Deb on September 14, 2015, 06:31:49 pm

It probably be a good idea to look em up then if you don't know.    Fayetteville put up 50 points on North Lila rock in the first half last week.  Bentonville and Haber are just better.   Pine Bluff might have their best team in a while but I don't think it's enough.  It would be some good games though. 

As far top 50 goes national I don't see them being better then Hoover, Don Bosch, Southlake Carroll, or even Tulsa Union or Dickinson. 

I hear ya' Fayetteville hasn't really played anyone and neither has Pine Bluff but at least I had the chance to see them in person. North Little Rock didn't even make the finals last year and Bentonville did win against Rockhurst but Webb City took care of them pretty handily. There's always a chance that someone in your own backyard could be a little better than you, we'll just have to wait and see how things play out.

PB's currently ranked #53 by the national guard, South Panola at #9 and Madison Central at #36, along with St. Thomas Aquinas, DeMatha and Allen at the three, four and five respectively. The list is pretty accurate imo but of course it's subject to change as the season progresses.

http://www.nationalguard.com/events/h-s-natl-rankings/football

Razorback Red

Guys, The link below is the top 100 for the poll with the most credibility; it is done by Dallas Jackson and updates each week on nationalhsfootball.com.  None of the HS polls are perfect, but his is traditionally the best in class.  He has Jenks at 44, Fayetteville at 58, Webb City at 63 and Union at 79.  No other team in AR is ranked. 

http://vype.com/nationalhsfootball/2015/09/07/mentor-elder-wayne-saint-edward-join-national-high-school-football-rankings/

businesstron

Quote from: Razorback Red on September 17, 2015, 09:29:07 pm
Guys, The link below is the top 100 for the poll with the most credibility; it is done by Dallas Jackson and updates each week on nationalhsfootball.com.  None of the HS polls are perfect, but his is traditionally the best in class.  He has Jenks at 44, Fayetteville at 58, Webb City at 63 and Union at 79.  No other team in AR is ranked. 

http://vype.com/nationalhsfootball/2015/09/07/mentor-elder-wayne-saint-edward-join-national-high-school-football-rankings/

You nailed it.   The other poll had 1-2 teams and even had a few teams in it that haven't won a game yet.  The kicker though was small little private school in Dallas called Bishop Lynch is included in the poll.  They aren't top 50 in the state of Texas...or heck maybe even Dallas.  No way they could be in the top 100 nationally.

Mr_Deb

Fayetteville makes the list and now it's the most credible source around LOL j/k

Allen is not in the Top 5 and they have Colquitt County ahead of them which is suspect, South Panola is not even in the Top 20 which is very suspect. Union is 0-2, and got blew out by Jenks not sure why they're still there in the Top 100.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas