• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

West Memphis Football

Started by w ballers, April 09, 2014, 10:43:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: devil_kid on August 06, 2015, 08:18:50 pm
Devils looking a little sturdier this year, might be seeing the playoffs back in town.

Have you been by West Broadway this week?

Mr_Deb

Quote from: MarionBlueDevil on August 07, 2015, 10:36:57 pm
Quote from: devil_kid on August 06, 2015, 08:18:50 pm
Devils looking a little sturdier this year, might be seeing the playoffs back in town.

Have you been by West Broadway this week?

Sure I have it's not new york you know, been a fun summer for me.

westmem

Mr_Deb

Definitely can see the improvement still need a good deal of work on the smoothness factor.

Mr_Deb

WM vs PB scrimmage 8/24 @ 6pm

Mr_Deb

August 24, 2015, 09:58:02 pm #605 Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 06:50:13 pm by Mr_Deb
Well, I checked out the scrimmage tonight it was another steep learning curve for my Debs 35-0 PB.

I can DEFINITELY see the improvement from last season, I know that might not mean all that much right now but the OL/DL looks a great deal better strength and technique wise, we need to keep building on a good thing like that.

Offensively, we could become a pretty decent unit if the receivers can hold onto the ball, also QB has to make faster decisions under pressure, when you drag a play against a good team you immensely increase the chances of things like sacks and interceptions taking place. Overall I'd give us a C- right now for offense because we did happen to move the ball alright and had a TD called back on us.

Defensively, I think we have about 3 players that could most likely start on any team in the state, we're looking pretty solid with our run defense giving out a B+ here. Pass defense... coverage schemes looked a little uncoordinated, with our front 6/7 being solid we need to take advantage of that by being creative with different blitz packages. That's going to save someone a lot of hair and heartache against these teams that like to air it out, can tell you that right now buddy.

Mistakes cost us big time and part of that is due to playing a good team, we cut down on the mistakes and it's no reason this team can't go on to win 7 or more games this year.

Roll Deb  ;)

zebrafan

Quote from: Mr_Deb on August 24, 2015, 09:58:02 pm
Well, I checked out the scrimmage tonight it was another steep learning curve for my Debs 35-0 PB.

I can DEFINITELY see the improvement from last season, I know that might not mean all that much right now but the OL/DL looks a great deal better strength and technique wise, we need to keep building on a good thing like that.

Offensively, we could become a pretty decent unit if the receivers can hold on to the ball, also QB has to make faster decisions under pressure, when you drag a play against a good team you immensely increase the chances of things like sacks and interceptions taking place. Overall I'd give us a C- right now for offense because we did happen to move the ball alright and had a TD called back on us.

Defensively, I think we have about 3 players that could most likely start on any team in the state, we're looking pretty solid with our run defense giving out a B+ here. Pass defense... coverage schemes looked a little uncoordinated, with our front 6/7 being solid we need to take advantage of that by being creative with different blitz packages. That's going to save someone a lot of hair and heartache against these teams that like to air it out, can tell you that right now buddy.

Mistakes cost us big time and part of that is due to playing a good team, we cut down on the mistakes and it's no reason this team can't go on to win 7 or more games this year.

Roll Deb  ;)
[/quo

That big #44 on yalls DL was a MONSTER!

westmem

Well they have to prove me wrong this season.only thing I'm interested in is the new uniform how they look

Mr_Deb

Quote from: zebrafan on August 24, 2015, 10:32:57 pm

He's one of the guys I'm actually talking about... I was pretty impressed with the entire defensive line though.

Mr_Deb

Debs have to stick to the zone defense against good passing teams, we don't have the kind of secondary right now to roll with man to man coverage. Linebackers are solid, let them be playmakers.

This team could unfold into something pretty decent, harmony has to be there across the board.

zebrafan

Quote from: Mr_Deb on August 25, 2015, 06:46:29 pm
Quote from: zebrafan on August 24, 2015, 10:32:57 pm

He's one of the guys I'm actually talking about... I was pretty impressed with the entire defensive line though.

Indeed, not a weakness.

Mr_Deb

Yep the OL/DL are noticeably better, just need the skill people to bring more intensity.

If it means anything the WM evening times have you guys repeating this season, good luck.

zebrafan

Quote from: Mr_Deb on August 26, 2015, 06:45:15 pm
Yep the OL/DL are noticeably better, just need the skill people to bring more intensity.

If it means anything the WM evening times have you guys repeating this season, good luck.

Yall are going in the right direction, look forward to being conference foes! Good luck on your season as well! Hope the paper is right!

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: Mr_Deb on August 24, 2015, 09:58:02 pm

Roll Deb  ;)

Exact thing I was telling someone at the barber shop the other day. Look, the Blue Devils came up with their fair share of gaffes, but they stand out more against a team the caliber of Pine Bluff.

I was actually a little disappointed in the offense. I know the Z's are a good team, with big and fast athletes, but 35-0 is not a good look.

I don't know if I see 7, but I can see 5 for sure.

Mr_Deb

This game could've been 55-6 if we don't drop two beautifully thrown TD passes and have a special teams breakdown. Refs made some pretty questionable calls against us, had an interference call on a perfectly intercepted ball that was ran back to the FC red zone. Secondary looked much better in their coverage schemes tonight, overall the defense played lights out. Awesome chemistry out there.

Offensively, it's hard to complain when you put 41 points on the board but this offense has the potential to be a lot more dominant than what the score indicated tonight. The difference between the offensive line this year and last season is almost day and night, we've got one of the better quarterbacks this program has seen in a while alongside a stable of solid RBs. Receiving corps has plenty of athleticism, would be a scary bunch if they haul down more balls.

Billy Elmore and staff deserve a big round of applause they've got these guys looking like a football team.

gameoflife

Sounds a little picky to me.  You are unhappy with the score, last year we just wanted a win here and there.  I think it looks much better, but it will take a bit of time to knock all the rust off from the last couple of seasons.  Big difference in the scheme and that is where the improvement will be made, better execution.  But it wont be over night success.

Mr_Deb

The offensive philosophy is great I think we had around twenty pass attempts, we played with a perfect balance that suits us very well. As I've already alluded to Elmore and staff have done a pretty noteworthy job in a rather short span of time, not trying to come off picky at all. The potential for this offense is HUGE, they could be pretty exceptional if a few more things happened out there.

westmem

Mr_Deb

Big Coop went for 102 yards and two touchdowns in a mauling against Missouri St.

Memphis coming off only the second ten win season in the program's history had a good showing for the opener with 41,730 coming out.

Good job Tigers and keep it up Big Coop!  ;)

MarionBlueDevil

Who went to this game? Heard that the Blue Devils left a number of plays on the field.

gameoflife

Still have some work to do. 

Mr_Deb

Mr_Deb

Debs are gonna have to slow down on the partying

Mr_Deb

September 14, 2015, 10:42:28 am #623 Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 08:45:37 pm by Mr_Deb

phdefense

Is this the football forum version of Golluming?

Mr_Deb

fastdrop

Quote from: Mr_Deb on September 15, 2015, 08:09:26 pm
Quote from: phdefense on September 15, 2015, 06:28:35 pm

GOLLUMING?
Golluming
This dance was invented by Lorde. It was created when she concentrated really hard on feeling what she heard, which made her look like Gollum. When you're golluming you use your hands as claws, hunch your shoulders and back and bend your knees and arms. If you don't get this, just watch a video of her performing.
"What's Lorde doing, is she on drugs?"
"Nope, she's just golluming!"

Mr_Deb

phdefense

Quote from: fastdrop on September 15, 2015, 08:21:52 pm
Quote from: Mr_Deb on September 15, 2015, 08:09:26 pm
Quote from: phdefense on September 15, 2015, 06:28:35 pm

GOLLUMING?
Golluming
This dance was invented by Lorde. It was created when she concentrated really hard on feeling what she heard, which made her look like Gollum. When you're golluming you use your hands as claws, hunch your shoulders and back and bend your knees and arms. If you don't get this, just watch a video of her performing.
"What's Lorde doing, is she on drugs?"
"Nope, she's just golluming!"
ummm no and never ever ever use the urban dictionary as a source.

https://youtu.be/KUkdEV9_O_s?t=2m35s

Mr_Deb

Mr_Deb

September 25, 2015, 10:13:48 pm #630 Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 10:21:05 pm by Mr_Deb
Great victory Debs!

If we're going to play like that in the alternate uni's then we need to wear them more often! That's the best I've seen the Debs execute so far this season. I don't know what they did in practice this week but whatever it is keep it up!

This is what a balanced offense can do for you it will keep a defense honest if you execute it.

Again great win, tons of proud of the guys and coaches!

PatFan

Quote from: Mr_Deb on September 25, 2015, 10:13:48 pm
Great victory Debs!

If we're going to play like that in the alternate uni's then we need to wear them more often! That's the best I've seen the Debs execute so far this season. I don't know what they did in practice this week but whatever it is keep it up!

This is what a balanced offense can do for you it will keep a defense honest if you execute it.

Again great win, tons of proud of the guys and coaches!

Impressive win. Good game, Blue Devils.

Thought we'd have a shot at halftime, but that's how it goes sometimes.

mtindian42

September 27, 2015, 12:49:41 pm #632 Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 12:59:58 pm by mtindian42
Looks like the blue devils are back to there winning ways...

Mr_Deb

Heard if it was up to the players they'd dress out like this every single game, guess I wasn't too far off about the need for something new. 

Mr_Deb

Quote from: mtindian42 on September 27, 2015, 12:49:41 pm
Looks like the blue devils are back to there winning ways...

It's too early to say we're back although we've improved a great deal from last year I still think we need to get at least five in the win column first.

mtindian42

Makes since... I seen the new uniforms they or sharp... You think the devils can beat jb this year?

Mr_Deb

If we can put up over thirty points on them I think we stand a good chance. Jonesboro has always played us tough, they're just always up for us so we'll have our work cut out with them.

mtindian42

I hope the blue devils beat them this year...

Mr_Deb

Mods send me a message when West Memphis is playing football again.

PatFan

Quote from: Mr_Deb on October 02, 2015, 10:15:41 pm
Mods send me a message when West Memphis is playing football again.

This one shocked me. I thought the Debs had turned a corner. They looked awesome against Marion last week.

Mr_Deb

They literally had the game won midway through the 4th, up a score with 4th and 1 to go in the searcy red zone, would've made it a two possession game leaving under five to play with... and so we don't pick up the much needed yard. We're still talking Searcy here in case your mind might have wandered off into bentonville/cabot somewhere. Searcy marched the ball (w/help from refs) down the field and went up one with two minutes remaining, securing the victory. I don't think we can kick very well but I still couldn't help but think of Paulo Henriques booting fifty yard strikes on that last drive.

Basically, if you want to sniff anywhere near a Fayetteville it starts with doing business the right way against the blytheville's and searcy's of the world. The schedule isn't going to get any easier than that for a 7A team, I know Searcy has won a few games this year but they also beat us by a point last season. I still think anyone with two eyes can see the improvement the program has made since last year but when you go out there and make too many mistakes it just kind of undoes all of that.

I'll be taking a break for a bit maybe another Devil supporter can take up the torch for a while.

PatFan

Quote from: Mr_Deb on October 04, 2015, 07:14:33 pm
They literally had the game won midway through the 4th, up a score with 4th and 1 to go in the searcy red zone, would've made it a two possession game leaving under five to play with... and so we don't pick up the much needed yard. We're still talking Searcy here in case your mind might have wandered off into bentonville/cabot somewhere. Searcy marched the ball (w/help from refs) down the field and went up one with two minutes remaining, securing the victory. I don't think we can kick very well but I still couldn't help but think of Paulo Henriques booting fifty yard strikes on that last drive.

Basically, if you want to sniff anywhere near a Fayetteville it starts with doing business the right way against the blytheville's and searcy's of the world. The schedule isn't going to get any easier than that for a 7A team, I know Searcy has won a few games this year but they also beat us by a point last season. I still think anyone with two eyes can see the improvement the program has made since last year but when you go out there and make too many mistakes it just kind of undoes all of that.

I'll be taking a break for a bit maybe another Devil supporter can take up the torch for a while.

Tough loss. Sorry to hear. I cheer for the Blue Devils too and have also been surprised about these inconsistencies lately.

fastdrop

You lasted longer than me.

ricepig

Quote from: fastdrop on October 05, 2015, 03:12:24 pm

You lasted longer than me.

Well, you'll be back in the comforts of the 6A East next cycle, so, there's that to look forward to.

fastdrop

I guess Mr Deb was serious.

Jarvis Cooper had a great day for the Tigers yesterday. Not at defensive tackle though ....... HA HA

ricepig

Quote from: fastdrop on October 18, 2015, 08:49:15 am
I guess Mr Deb was serious.

Jarvis Cooper had a great day for the Tigers yesterday. Not at defensive tackle though ....... HA HA

They had a kid, #44 the other night at DE and one play at FB. Jonesboro couldn't block him on defense, and the only play at FB, he opened a hole big enough for you or me to get the first down on 4th and 1. He reminded me of Coop on the D-line. One thought of improvement, Jonesboro couldn't run the clock on you this year......

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas