• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

West Memphis Football

Started by w ballers, April 09, 2014, 10:43:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_Deb

Quote from: MarionBlueDevil on April 15, 2014, 11:36:29 pm
Quote from: devil_kid on April 15, 2014, 11:27:06 pm
Quote from: devil_kid on April 14, 2014, 10:24:11 pm
Quote from: ricefarmer on April 13, 2014, 09:44:23 pm
anyone want to throw out some names for the next hc?

david duke?

Five Blind Boys of Mississippi?

Jeff Berry...?

Ronnie Mislap?

Marcus Haddock ???

Stevie Wonder?

Peter Brimelow...??

How about a solid christian guy, Morris Gulett?

If they give me the job then I'll hire you too. Can you teach school at all?

Thanks but I've nominated my candidates!

It's a good job, right kind of guy gets in, he could set himself up to be the next Gus....   

Mr_Deb

Quote from: MarionBlueDevil on April 15, 2014, 11:37:26 pm
Quote from: devil_kid on April 15, 2014, 11:21:42 pm
Quote from: MarionBlueDevil on April 15, 2014, 12:23:58 am
Quote from: devil_kid on April 14, 2014, 10:28:25 pm
marionbluedevil if you can help me out I'm trying to remember the RB #11 from marn a couple years back, was a sophomore and moving about the field like a big cat on us!

gave our boys ALL they wanted....  didn't hear from him after the sophomore season, thought for sure he was definitely the next big thing.

CJ Garrett! Had a great sophomore season, was underutilized (to say the least) in his junior year, transferred to Earle for his senior year and almost carried the Bulldogs to a state title this year. They lost in the semifinals to Charleston.

Great player. Total warrior. Fun to watch.

marn has had some good RBs will give them that.

He was a good one. Fell out of favor with Coach U though and had to move on. Kinda sad.

Adults holding grudges against kids? Really that's sad...

w ballers

Yes it is offical they hired Coach D last nite

w ballers

West Memphis Football is open

Jimbo Morphis

i'm real interested in seeing what happens next. being selfish i hope west memphis wants a spread coach.

w ballers

Job Title   Head High School Football Coach

Job ID   040016

Employer   West Memphis School District

Location   P.O. Box 826 301 South Avalon Street   map
West Memphis, AR 72303
(Suburban)

# Open Positions   1

Job Type   Full-time

Salary Range   Salary Schedule

Employment Start Date   Upcoming School Year

Job Description   Managing assistant football coaches and junior high coaches in the football program;
Coordinating the S.I.P. program for all students athletes (grades 9-12);
Assigning and evaluating all assistant high school football coaching personnel;
Addressing complaints and resolving problems related to the high school football program;
Representing the department at district meetings and other events.

Job Qualifications   Minimum 5 years coaching experience;
Valid Arkansas teaching certificate;
Ability to understand and interpret AAA related documents (i.e. safety rules, football rules);
Ability to prepare routine reports and correspondence;
Ability to communicate effectively to administrators, staff, parents, and students.

Contact   
Jon Collins, Superintendent        

Application Deadline   Open Until Filled

Status   Open

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: w ballers on April 16, 2014, 12:24:43 pm

Job ID   040016

West Memphis, AR 72303
(Suburban)

# Open Positions   1

Job Type   Full-time

Job Description   Managing assistant football coaches and junior high coaches in the football program;
Addressing complaints and resolving problems related to the high school football program;

Ability to understand and interpret AAA related documents (i.e. safety rules, football rules);
Ability to communicate effectively to administrators, staff, parents, and students.

Contact   

Status   Open

Is it weird to anybody else that Jon Collins is the guy that applicants are working with rather than your brand-new Athletic Director?

I know for a fact that Marion's job opening was handled by Paul Johnston.

Just an observation.

slowntheMUD

You guys throwing around Samsel's name need to investigate his history before jumping in bed with just anyone. Winning is not the only thing that matters. Especially, not at the cost of your ethics and schools reputation.

ricepig

Quote from: MarionBlueDevil on April 16, 2014, 02:23:41 pm
Quote from: w ballers on April 16, 2014, 12:24:43 pm

Job ID   040016

West Memphis, AR 72303
(Suburban)

# Open Positions   1

Job Type   Full-time

Contact   

Status   Open

Is it weird to anybody else that Jon Collins is the guy that applicants are working with rather than your brand-new Athletic Director?

I know for a fact that Marion's job opening was handled by Paul Johnston.

Just an observation.

Not really, the Super and board will have the final say on it. Usually, the AD recommends someone, or someones to the board and it goes from there.

Mr_Deb

Quote from: Oldman on April 16, 2014, 11:07:17 am
i'm real interested in seeing what happens next. being selfish i hope west memphis wants a spread coach.

not selfish at all, I'm 31 all I can ever remember is the wingT!

spread is fine though, offset-I would be nice as well.   

Quote from: slowntheMUD on April 16, 2014, 02:24:57 pm
You guys throwing around Samsel's name need to investigate his history before jumping in bed with just anyone. Winning is not the only thing that matters. Especially, not at the cost of your ethics and schools reputation.

probably won't get samsel or rutherford for that matter, from what I'm hearing they might as well hand the whistle over to little richard or pee wee herman.... 

loyal fan

Bolding would be great choice if he were interested

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: devil_kid on April 16, 2014, 11:11:40 pm

probably won't get samsel or rutherford for that matter, from what I'm hearing they might as well hand the whistle over to little richard or pee wee herman....
sooooo, what are you hearing?

ricefarmer

Mr_Deb

Quote from: Oldman on April 17, 2014, 07:55:17 am
Quote from: devil_kid on April 16, 2014, 11:11:40 pm

sooooo, what are you hearing?

wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, I'm hearing alot lol

Here's the thing I'm not the kind of guy that likes to put gas on a fire, not in my disposition.

What I propose is that you send me a pm that way your curiosity gets satisfied and I'm covered as well....   

Mr_Deb

Mr_Deb

If anybody knows how to run the Offset-I aka Broken-I like Bill Keopple did APPLY NOW.

WMWRECKINGCREW

I love the pro l. 20-25 passes a game Alabama style. Would be my preference       Really want him to help develop talent from 7th grade on up. We have to increased our talent.
Quote from: devil_kid on April 17, 2014, 11:01:58 pm
If anybody knows how to run the Offset-I aka Broken-I like Bill Keopple did APPLY NOW.

Mr_Deb

Quote from: WMWRECKINGCREW on April 18, 2014, 07:31:26 am
I love the pro l. 20-25 passes a game Alabama style. Would be my preference       Really want him to help develop talent from 7th grade on up. We have to increased our talent.
Quote from: devil_kid on April 17, 2014, 11:01:58 pm

pro style would be a great identity for us I've said that all along.... flip side is that you need stout linemen for it, we've been looking rusty in that department.

Mr_Deb

We have to increased our talent.

yea and I think everything will fall in place once the hallways get back excited...

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: devil_kid on April 18, 2014, 10:33:54 pm

yea and I think everything will fall in place once the hallways get back excited...

West Memphis hasn't had problems with numbers lately, have they? They seem to always have 70 or more, right?

olemissjacket99

When will they want to hire and name a coach?  Spring fb getting close

Mr_Deb

Quote from: MarionBlueDevil on April 18, 2014, 11:47:58 pm
Quote from: devil_kid on April 18, 2014, 10:33:54 pm

West Memphis hasn't had problems with numbers lately, have they? They seem to always have 70 or more, right?

numbers seemed fine to me.... we can get more quality once the hallways get note of the fun.

Mr_Deb

cuckoobird

Quote from: devil_kid on April 19, 2014, 03:03:13 pm
Billy Dawson....
He may be called to leave the scrappers again soon

JohnBarleycorn

cuckoobird

Mr_Deb

MarionBlueDevil

Y'all know that Mark Uhiren just stepped down at Marion and isn't retired, right? He's ready to go.

WMWRECKINGCREW

Quote from: MarionBlueDevil on April 21, 2014, 11:37:11 pm
Y'all know that Mark Uhiren just stepped down at Marion and isn't retired, right? He's ready to go.

Good man but we have a Math teacher. Thanks LOL

w ballers

Who All Applied so far  any big names

w ballers

w ballers

West Memphis assistant coach hale applied

w ballers

the job got posted thursday and guys already came in for intreviews so west memphis  had there picks already who they want

luckyduck

w ballers

w ballers

they looking at elmore and haddock  i heard

MarionBlueDevil

westmem

Mr_Deb

Quote from: MarionBlueDevil on April 21, 2014, 11:37:11 pm

Mr_Deb

wonder what the players are thinking.... I guess we know what the fans think by that little attendance issue.... just wondering what a few of those from that talented 3-7 team think

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: devil_kid on April 22, 2014, 11:04:24 pm
wonder what the players are thinking.... I guess we know what the fans think by that little attendance issue.... just wondering what a few of those from that talented 3-7 team think

I notice you italicized "wonder" in that sentence.

That MUST mean that WMHS is going to promote from within and hire Coach Dewayne Streits fresh out of Wonder Junior High as its next coach.

I'm a great detective.

WMWRECKINGCREW

This could make or break this program. Talent, Attendence , and Wins depend on this hire. And a Coach who will throw it like every team you see on TV right up the road in Marion gives players other options.  I don't know who to choose and I'm glad I dont have to. Go Devils!!!!

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: WMWRECKINGCREW on April 23, 2014, 06:43:54 am
This could make or break this program. Talent, Attendence , and Wins depend on this hire. And a Coach who will throw it like every team you see on TV right up the road in Marion gives players other options.  I don't know who to choose and I'm glad I dont have to. Go Devils!!!!

We haven't seen Marion's new regime in action yet, but all indications are that they'll be tossing a good bit.

ricepig

Quote from: MarionBlueDevil on April 23, 2014, 03:57:09 pm

We haven't seen Marion's new regime in action yet, but all indications are that they'll be tossing a good bit.

Which in turn should help you defend against the pass better, although it hasn't helped Jonesboro all these years, haha.

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: ricepig on April 23, 2014, 04:05:42 pm
Quote from: MarionBlueDevil on April 23, 2014, 03:57:09 pm

Which in turn should help you defend against the pass better, although it hasn't helped Jonesboro all these years, haha.

In theory!! Gonna go up to spring practice and see what they have going. Should be exciting.

Jimbo Morphis

new coach will be marcus haddock.

loyal fan

cuckoobird

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: cuckoobird on April 24, 2014, 09:20:56 am
Quote from: Oldman on April 24, 2014, 08:41:51 am
new coach will be marcus haddock.
are you sure?
nope just an opinion. would bet that one of the two of us will be looking for a coach real soon.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas