• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cabot vs NLR postphoned

Started by Cabotred, February 07, 2014, 12:16:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cabotred

Due to threat bad weather. Make up TBA later.

sevenof400

Quote from: Cabotred on February 07, 2014, 12:16:44 pm
Due to threat bad weather. Make up TBA later.

That seems a bit odd considering the short distance between the two schools plus the fact that it really isn't doing anything in the metro area right about now....

birdman1981

Cabot didn't want that 'beat down' @ home tonight !  ;D

ricepig

Quote from: birdman1981 on February 07, 2014, 01:03:15 pm

Just avoiding the inevitable, aren't they?

Cabotred

Well we would rather it sooner than later.

Rescheduled for tomorrow, Saturaday, Feb 8th.  JV starts at 3:00 followed by varsity girls approx 4:00 then varsity boys approx 5:30.

I don't understand why the post phoned it. I think they were afraid NLR would get up here then the snow start falling. Who knows.......

Cabotred

Looks like the districts made a good decision.

Game for today at 3:00 has been postponed.

ricepig

Quote from: Cabotred on February 08, 2014, 09:51:24 am
Looks like the districts made a good decision.

Game for today at 3:00 has been postponed.

Jonesboro and WM got their games in, the snow didn't start until 8ish around here.

Cabotred

By 8:00 we had three inches in Cabot.

ricepig

Quote from: Cabotred on February 08, 2014, 10:30:53 am
By 8:00 we had three inches in Cabot.

Yeah, one of the few times central Arkansas got more than northern Arkansas. I think we might have ended up with 1 1/2" at most and it really didn't accumulate any until after 10.

mack

Quote from: ricepig on February 07, 2014, 01:06:55 pm

NLR at Cabot is an upset waiting to happen.  Cabot is better than most think and we are not as good as we were last year by a long shot.

Cabotred

Quote from: mack on February 10, 2014, 08:12:56 am

NLR at Cabot is an upset waiting to happen.  Cabot is better than most think and we are not as good as we were last year by a long shot.

Oh come on Mack. We need NLR to over look us if we are going to have a chance.  We will find out tonight if it doesn't snow this afternoon. Varsity girls at 5:00 boys approx 6:30.

ricepig

While I'll agree that NLR isn't playing as well as last year's team, the difference in talent is still huge. It would take an extremely hot shooting night by Cabot for them to win.

rammer

For Cabot to have a chance they will need to play a complete game. In the first game Cabot played them even in  the first, third, and fourth quarters.  They lost the game by being outscored by 20 in the second quarter. Also, Cabot will need more from the seniors. In the first game one half of Cabot's points were scored by their 3 sophomores. I believe Cabot only had 1 player in double figures and it was a soph. Iglesius has been playing much better lately and Hunter York has been shooting the ball well, so if they can keep it up against NLR, and if they can keep from turning the ball over against NLR's much quicker guards, maybe Cabot will have a chance.

mack

Quote from: ricepig on February 10, 2014, 09:12:39 am

While I'll agree that NLR isn't playing as well as last year's team, the difference in talent is still huge. It would take an extremely hot shooting night by Cabot for them to win.

True Rice.  Still, in high school it is especially easy to overlook someone you beat by 20 earlier.  If Cabot plays us even till late in the game, it could be a problem.

Cabotred

February 10, 2014, 02:37:10 pm #14 Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 02:54:38 pm by Cabotred
Well to make it more difficult for Cabot one of their starters will miss tonight's game. Home sick.

Not the best time if there is any to be short handed. NLR tonight. Marion tomorrow.

ricepig

Quote from: mack on February 10, 2014, 01:57:34 pm
Quote from: ricepig on February 10, 2014, 09:12:39 am

True Rice.  Still, in high school it is especially easy to overlook someone you beat by 20 earlier.  If Cabot plays us even till late in the game, it could be a problem.
Oh, I understand that, to me that's when a coach earns his money. Jonesboro has Central on Tuesday, they were looking towards the NLR game last time and it was a close game at home. Now, we have them on the road and minus another starter, I don't think we will overlook them at all. I hope we get a win, somehow.

Cabotred

Cabotred

ricepig

Quote from: Cabotred on February 10, 2014, 07:14:18 pm
26-22 Cabot at half

Just going to beat them to prove me wrong, sounds like it's playing to Cabot's pace.

Cabotred

Cabotred

Cabotred

42-54 nlr. Rice pig your predictions came through. Beard and Allen have taken over. We have no answer.

Cabotred

Quote from: Cabotred on February 10, 2014, 07:53:43 pm
42-54 nlr. Rice pig your predictions came through. Beard and Allen have taken over. We have no answer.
1:30 left

Cabotred

45-58 lr. Final

The difference was we couldn't take care of ball. Nlr prolly had 20 pts off our turnovers.

MarionBlueDevil

Cabotred,

You coming to The Arena tonight?

Cabotred

Yes. On my way now. Will be there for JV game.

I am very easy to pick out. 6'5" 265 lb black hair with beard. Will have black jacket on.

Come introduce yourself.

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: Cabotred on February 11, 2014, 04:00:57 pm
Yes. On my way now. Will be there for JV game.

I am very easy to pick out. 6'5" 265 lb black hair with beard. Will have black jacket on.

Come introduce yourself.

Will do. You wanna meet underneath the giant Flying Elvis between the JV and girls game?

Cabotred

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: Cabotred on February 11, 2014, 05:02:08 pm
Ok. Where is flying Elvis?

Oh, I think you'll see him when you walk in, haha.

It's the giant Patriot logo that you see on the opposite end of The Arena when you walk in. Between the concessions and the rest rooms.

Cabotred

I was late. Stayed at gym until jv left came over with them.

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: Cabotred on February 11, 2014, 06:17:26 pm

It worked out!

Congrats to Cabot. Y'all wanted it more and played like it. Your boys coach is a trip. He had me cracking up most of the night.

panthers r us

MarionBlueDevil

panthers r us

Cabotred

Quote from: MarionBlueDevil on February 11, 2014, 09:41:04 pm
Quote from: Cabotred on February 11, 2014, 06:17:26 pm

It worked out!

Congrats to Cabot. Y'all wanted it more and played like it. Your boys coach is a trip. He had me cracking up most of the night.

Coach Bridges can be a little passionate, which lead to him acting a fool sometimes. Check your PM's.

It was good win for Cabot. Now if we can catch J-boro on down night and take care of business with everyone else....

rammer

Huge win for Cabot. This puts them in the drivers seat for 3rd place. They must take care of business against Mtn. Home, LR Central, West Memphis, and Searcy, teams they have already beaten fairly easy. Even if they lose to Jonesboro, they should still get 3rd since Marion still has to play both NLR and Jonesboro. Biggest danger for Cabot is probably playing at West Memphis next week.

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: rammer on February 12, 2014, 11:15:29 am
Huge win for Cabot. This puts them in the drivers seat for 3rd place. They must take care of business against Mtn. Home, LR Central, West Memphis, and Searcy, teams they have already beaten fairly easy. Even if they lose to Jonesboro, they should still get 3rd since Marion still has to play both NLR and Jonesboro. Biggest danger for Cabot is probably playing at West Memphis next week.

It won't really matter much then either, seeing as how Cabot will go to the 7A Tournament, or will it?

Cabotred

Quote from: MarionBlueDevil on February 13, 2014, 01:12:49 am
Quote from: rammer on February 12, 2014, 11:15:29 am

It won't really matter much then either, seeing as how Cabot will go to the 7A Tournament, or will it?

It doesn't matter much in the standing of 6A/7A east, except for bragging rights.  But the win still gives us a shot, if even it is a long one to get a 2 seed in state tourn. We would have to beat j-boro and Ft Smith NS  lose a game it should win to get a 2 seed. The win gives us a good postion over Conway for the 3 seed, if we take care of our business and win on the road against teams we have already beaten. 3 seed plays a 6 seed in first round and then get 2 seed in second round instead of a 4 seed plaing a 5 seed in first then getting a 1 seed in second round. Of course looking at brackets a 3 seed would put us in same side of bracket as NLR and we all know what outcome of the two previous games have been.

Of course there is a lot of basketball to be played and anything could happen.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas