• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Volleyball Week 7

Started by 1-Adam-12, October 05, 2015, 06:28:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

1-Adam-12

Week 7 starts out with a showdown as Booneville (17-2) takes on Mena (18-1) in Booneville tonight.  Two great small-school teams going at it.

1-Adam-12

Mena wins it in 3.  Booneville hung in well except for the second set.  In the end the talent level showed.  Booneville's good but Mena is still a step above.

In another interesting score Union Christian traveled to Atkins and took down the Lady Red Devils.  Union is playing the best in 3A West lately except for Booneville and Paris.

500 hitter

Even though Booneville lost, this great competition will only prepare them for the road ahead. Does anybody know who will be in Paris this weekend??

Vballfan

Marionvolleyballdad

Marion defeated Jonesboro tonight in 3 sets

Set 1.  25 - 11
Set 2.  25 - 18
Set 3.  25 - 12

Marion travels to Searcy Thursday (10/8)

TheOfficial

Valley Springs beat Bergman in 4 to lock up the #1 seed in the district tourney.

Green Forest beat Yellville in 5.

1-Adam-12

October 06, 2015, 10:35:41 pm #6 Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 10:49:02 pm by 1-Adam-12
Quote from: 500 hitter on October 06, 2015, 08:54:42 am
Even though Booneville lost, this great competition will only prepare them for the road ahead. Does anybody know who will be in Paris this weekend??

Paris and Rogers Heritage will bring both varsity and JV teams.

The others are Booneville, Mena, Farmington, Huntsville, Jessieville, Lavaca, Ftn Lake, and Atkins.  No Waldron or Mansfield this year.

1-Adam-12

October 06, 2015, 10:40:13 pm #7 Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 10:42:09 pm by 1-Adam-12
Booneville gets back to their winning ways, easily beating Charleston in 3.  But be warned:  Charleston is going to be good in 2 or 3 years.  Their jr. high gave ours, who is 23-3-1 so far, a pretty good match and their 7th graders are excellent.

Paris beat Union in 3 and West Fork did the same to Lavaca, a bit surprisingly for me. 

Hoxie beat Piggott in 5. 

Marionvolleyballdad

Marion defeated Searcy in 3 sets tonight at Searcy

Set 1. 25 - 7
Set 2. 25 - 7
Set 3. 25 - 4

Marion moves to 10 - 2 in Conference play

TheOfficial

MT Home over Little Rock Central
Marshall upsets Cotter
Valley over Eureka in 3
Alpena in a close one over Green Forest 16-14 in the 5th set.

1-Adam-12

Booneville over Lavaca (3)
Mansfield beats Union (4)
WF beats Mulberry (3)

And all of a sudden, Mansfield is sitting third. 

A Booneville win over Paris next Tuesday would give the Lady Cats their first conference regular-season championship.

sevenof400

Man, this season came and is almost gone in a flash. 

Vballfan

October 09, 2015, 01:11:50 pm #12 Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 07:01:56 pm by Vballfan
Quote from: sevenof400 on October 09, 2015, 12:23:50 pm

Not a bad thing for some of us :-[  It simply means club is about to start up...

Jonesboro 3  Cabot 2. 

1-Adam-12

Quote from: sevenof400 on October 09, 2015, 12:23:50 pm

Lots of excitement packed into 10 short weeks.

1-Adam-12

October 09, 2015, 09:49:07 pm #14 Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 09:56:00 pm by 1-Adam-12
Pools for Paris tournament:

Pool 1: Booneville, Paris JV, Rogers Heritage, Jessieville
Pool 2: Mena, Lavaca, Huntsville, Rogers Heritage JV
Pool 3: Paris, Atkins, Farmington, Fountain Lake

Pool play starts at 9 am.  Always a good quality tournament as teams prepare for state.  All of the varsity teams in this tournament made their respective state tournaments last season. 

Going to be interesting in pool play to see if a great small-school team like Booneville can give Heritage a battle.  Or how Huntsville might stack up against Mena with both of them going to 4A state in a couple of weeks.

Pools 1 & 2 are in the main Paris gym, and Pool 3 is in the volleyball gym just behind it.

KingOfNothing

Paris tournament has a lot of intriguing matchups! Keep us posted on how the games play out, please! I agree that the Huntsville/Mena matchup and the Booneville/Heritage matchups will be interesting! I also think the Booneville/Jessieville matchup will give a good view of possible 3A State games with Jessieville sitting second right now in their conference.

Anyone have info on the LadyCat tournament in Conway??

1-Adam-12

October 10, 2015, 06:58:23 am #16 Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 07:01:47 am by 1-Adam-12
Booneville/Jessieville could actually be a first round matchup at state if Booneville goes as the 2 seed in West and Jessieville the 3 in South.

Lady Lions have a solid team with a very good setter.

I'll try to keep up with things.  Fortunately the Paris gym has Wi-Fi so that makes it easier.

fineline

Quote from: KingOfNothing on October 09, 2015, 10:20:34 pm
Paris tournament has a lot of intriguing matchups! Keep us posted on how the games play out, please! I agree that the Huntsville/Mena matchup and the Booneville/Heritage matchups will be interesting! I also think the Booneville/Jessieville matchup will give a good view of possible 3A State games with Jessieville sitting second right now in their conference.

Anyone have info on the LadyCat tournament in Conway??

I'm in Conway for the LadyCat tourney. If I could figure out how to upload a photo I would post the pools here. Lots of great teams here! Conway, Valley View, Marion, NLR, Mtn Home, Russelville, and more.

1-Adam-12

Booneville did indeed hang with Heritage splitting their pool games.

Mena had their way with Huntsville.

1-Adam-12

Gold bracket at Paris:

Booneville vs Ft Lake winner plays Mena.
Heritage vs Heritage JV winner plays Paris.

KingOfNothing

What happened at the LadyCat tourney? What were the results of the Paris tournament? Anyone have any info on teams that impressed or weren't as good as you expected? I wish I could have watched all these games!!

Vballfan

Russellville over Cabot 2-0 to win the gold bracket of the Conway tourney

Russellville beat Bryant and Marion to make finals, Marion beat Valley View

Cabot beat Mtn Home in 3 and  Nettleton in 3 to make finals. Nettleton beat Conway.

Congrats to Russellville.

this is the best Cabot has played maybe ever for a full day. They handily defeated Jonesboro Westside and Sheridan in the pool  play.

1-Adam-12

October 10, 2015, 06:53:49 pm #22 Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 07:02:00 pm by 1-Adam-12
Ft Lake beat Booneville and Heritage beat their JV team at Paris.  I left after that because I was on the Booneville bus. 

For some reason Ft Lake has our number.  We'd better get that straightened out by next year because they will be in our conference when we return to 4A.

Still that was only our 4th loss, two to Mena and two to Ft Lake.  We played very well against Heritage especially blocking. Our middles did a great job in that match.

Huntsville, though they are 3rd in 4A NW, were not impressive to me.  Lavaca, who may not make state in 3A, pretty well dominated them.

1-Adam-12

October 10, 2015, 09:44:14 pm #23 Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 12:05:07 pm by 1-Adam-12
Heritage ended up winning the Paris tournament beating Paris in semis and then Mena in final.  Booneville was the only team to take a game from them. 

I feel a little better now. Still stinks though that we can't "shake the Lake".

unfaceable

Huntsville was missing several players today! I for sure know of 4 Sr's who weren't there. It isn't my place to speculate about where they were, but I do know one of them plays all the way around. Any team would struggle when having to deal with that. Huntsville, when they want to be, is actually a very good team. One that could give most teams in the state some issues if they played consistently at their best. I hate that they had so many players out today! It would've been interesting to hear about their matchup with Mena if they had their full team there!

As far as the Conway tournament went, Russellville won the Gold bracket, defeating  Bryant, Marion, and Cabot. Shiloh Christian won the Silver bracket, defeating Batesville, Little Rock Christian, and Jonesboro. And Brookland won the Bronze, defeating Benton, Beebe, and Siloam Springs. Very good competition at this tournament! Fun to watch some high level volleyball!

1-Adam-12

That does explain some things.  When that many are out it can't help but affect a team's play

We had a starter out today as well (setter), but still we played quite well.  Fortunate that we have depth at that position.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas