• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top prospects coming up in the class of 2017 & 2018

Started by arkhoops94, October 28, 2014, 09:17:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

arkhoops94

There is a lot of young talent to watch for this year, expecting a breakout season from most of these players...

Sophomore F S.K. Shittu, 6-9, 185 of Rogers Providence is one of the most athletic prospects on the list. Very raw but with a huge upside. He moved to the states from Nigeria last year. He's drawing interest from Arkansas and Memphis, and already has an offer from UCA. He has a chance to be highly recruited.

Sophomore C Daniel Gafford, 6-10, 201 of El Dorado led the ninth grade team to an undefeated season. One of the top young prospects in Arkansas. He attended the top 25 camp and Razorback Elite Camp this year. The Hogs are the only school showing interest but that should definitely change in the future.

freshman F Ethan Henderson, 6-6, 160 of Little Rock Parkview is a great player. Arkansas Hawks Coach Bill Ingram is very high on Henderson's skill set and believes he can be a special player. His athleticism is definitely above average.
He has a lot of tools to go along with a 79 inch wing span. Looking for a breakout year for Ethan, don't sleep on him.

Sophomore F Javon Franklin 6'7 of Little Rock Parkview is extremely athletic. Had some breakout games last year as a freshman, but I really want to see him take over games more this year. Developed a mid-range jumper throughout the summer and usually averaged around 20-30 points a game with 10-15 rebounds for the Arkansas Hawks. Has interest from Mississippi State.

Sophomore G Casey Benton 6'3 of Clarksville is a Athletic playmaker. Benton is going to have to carry most of the load this year for the Panthers. Won Newcomer of the Year last year and he picked up an offer from UALR.

Freshman C Connor Vanover, 7-1, 185 of Arkansas Baptist is obviously the biggest guy in the list. He has a nice shot in and outside the three-point line. Interest from Duke and Arkansas.

Sophomore G Matt Thomas of Farmington is a silky smooth scorer. Thomas won newcomer of the year in the 4A-1 last year. Has a great shot from long range and can score at the rim very well. Played for the Arkansas Wings this summer with SK Shittu.

MA

You left two guys off the list from Jonesboro.

Salisu Yahaya 6'8 sophomore. 37" vertical. Has an offer from Lehigh. Blocks a ton of shots and rebounds well. Can stretch the floor from 3.

Kobe Wilson 6' freshman. Son of ASU assistant Carlos Wilson. He is the best freshman in AR in my opinion. Top 50 in the country. Sees the floor well. Handles well, shoots extremely well, can finish at the rim with either hand. 37" vert

ricepig

Quote from: krik6 on October 31, 2014, 10:54:52 pm

Salisu Yahaya 6'8 sophomore. 37" vertical. Has an offer from Lehigh. Blocks a ton of shots and rebounds well. Can stretch the floor from 3.

Kobe Wilson 6' freshman. Son of ASU assistant Carlos Wilson. He is the best freshman in AR in my opinion. Top 50 in the country. Sees the floor well. Handles well, shoots extremely well, can finish at the rim with either hand. 37" vert

Is Wilson playing up this year?

A-Good-One

ricepig

Quote from: Dr Chim Ritchalds on November 01, 2014, 12:52:43 am
Apparently Jonesboro has all the great players.

Nah, just 4 or 5, they probably do have the best coach.....

arkhoops94

Quote from: krik6 on October 31, 2014, 10:54:52 pm

I agree they should defiantly be in the list.

Cabotred

ricepig

November 04, 2014, 04:23:51 pm #7 Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 04:34:08 pm by ricepig
Quote from: Cabotred on November 04, 2014, 03:56:40 pm
Is Kobe Wilson going to play Sr. High ball or Jr?

I'll find out Thursday night, haha.

Although I'm pretty sure he's playing up.

ricepig

Quote from: ricepig on November 04, 2014, 04:23:51 pm
Quote from: Cabotred on November 04, 2014, 03:56:40 pm
Is Kobe Wilson going to play Sr. High ball or Jr?

I'll find out Thursday night, haha.

Although I'm pretty sure he's playing up.

He'll be playing SR high.

Coachbanks12

Hot Springs has a sophomore named Exavian Christon he played for the Wings this past summer he is nice. I promise you will here about him this summer. If you haven't watch him play when you do see him you will enjoy his game. You will read about him.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Coachbanks12 on November 15, 2014, 03:00:46 am
Hot Springs has a sophomore named Exavian Christon he played for the Wings this past summer he is nice. I promise you will here about him this summer. If you haven't watch him play when you do see him you will enjoy his game. You will read about him.

Sounds like a dandy coach, the wings are the real deal!
Best of luck to him!!

Straydog6

2018 Christyn Williams of CAC had 34 points in her H.S. debut and got a win vs Pulaski Academy lastnight.  Faced a box and 1 majority of the night.

Coachbanks12

THE D.O.C

Quote from: Coachbanks12 on November 15, 2014, 03:00:46 am
I'm thinking that's former Lady Razorback, WNBA Shamika Christons  relative 

A-Good-One

Quote from: Straydog6 on November 19, 2014, 11:51:41 am
2018 Christyn Williams of CAC had 34 points in her H.S. debut and got a win vs Pulaski Academy lastnight.  Faced a box and 1 majority of the night.

Probably fair to see she's one of the top five college prospects in the state this year. Bet we see her nationally-ranked by her senior year (if not next year).

Coachbanks12

Yeah that's Shameka Christon nephew and he put up about 20 against Jacksonville tuesday the kid can play

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas