• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hypothetical Q

Started by Brian G, July 29, 2014, 06:16:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian G

If you knew and could prove that a school is cheating or recruiting or has a player that lied about where they live(thus being ineligible), would you turn them in?

What if it's a rival?  Does that matter?

What if you didn't turn them in but would you conceal the info if asked?

Just curious.

ricepig

Turn them in, they question every transfer you/me/someone gets. If the player is a complete game changer and is obviously flaunting the rules, then no problem.

TheMercenary

I would not turn them in........although the phrase "Cheaters Never Prosper" is Hogwash!
Cheaters Prosper all the time- especially if there is no real penalty for getting caught.

However, I would not hesitate to reveal the Truth if asked.

Before folks start squealing on their rivals, they should make sure their favorite team is squeaky clean!! (They probably have skeletons too)

Cabotred

July 30, 2014, 09:55:48 am #3 Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 10:05:52 am by Cabotred
If someone is cheating to win and I was 100% about it and could prove it, I would turn them in. I am not going to go on a witch hunt but if someone is blatant they deserve to be turn in.  In this day and age when people will compromise themself and anyone else to get ahead the coaches and administration need to be sure that they are following the rules or face the repercussions. We as a society have a duty to report rule breakers. Today to many people look the other way if it doesn't effect them.

With all that said if I knew a player on my son's team was ineligible I would report it to school admin and coaches. I would not want that player to play and then lt be found out and team have to forfeit any games played and then suffer the embarrassment.  If schools would do a better job of policing their own we would not have worry about it.

If you knew someone in your neighborhood was selling drugs out of there house would you report it?  In principal there is really no difference.  Both are deemed against "rules" one is considered criminal the other is not.  To me in both cases, innocent people could have negative outcome from both actions.

Basketballfan13

Until people realize that there is a penalty for it they will just keep doing it. There is nothing wrong with getting move ins and transfers, but if you're going to benefit from them it's your job to make sure all bases are covered on eligibility. If they choose not to do it the right way they deserve to be turned in.

gojackets14

Go ahead and turn Har Ber in, BG.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas