• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Whats the gas price in your town?

Started by Lions84, October 03, 2005, 10:20:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Quite Frankly

Quote from: HU Filmer '08 on April 17, 2008, 10:18:14 pm
Quote from: Quite Frankly 4/6 on April 17, 2008, 10:13:49 pm
Quote from: HU Filmer '08 on April 17, 2008, 08:49:52 pm
Quote from: Quite Frankly 4/6 on April 17, 2008, 08:48:26 pm
So HU, what was the price on that gas you say you bought?

i dont think im going to answer that.

Cause you lied in the first place?

no. gas was 3.39 this morning when i bought $10.00 worth of gas.  the pump read 2.46~ gallons.  thats what i reported.  2.50 gallons minus (-)

Are you familar with how math works?  Do you know how to count money? 

Do you have a clue as to what you have stated here?

Let me help you a little.  Take $10.00 and divide it by 2.46 gallons and tell me what you get Einstein.  See that number?  Do you know what it represents?

ReconSniper

Quote from: Quite Frankly 4/6 on April 17, 2008, 10:26:55 pm
Quote from: HU Filmer '08 on April 17, 2008, 10:18:14 pm
Quote from: Quite Frankly 4/6 on April 17, 2008, 10:13:49 pm
Quote from: HU Filmer '08 on April 17, 2008, 08:49:52 pm
Quote from: Quite Frankly 4/6 on April 17, 2008, 08:48:26 pm
So HU, what was the price on that gas you say you bought?

i dont think im going to answer that.

Cause you lied in the first place?

no. gas was 3.39 this morning when i bought $10.00 worth of gas.  the pump read 2.46~ gallons.  thats what i reported.  2.50 gallons minus (-)

Are you familar with how math works?  Do you know how to count money? 

Do you have a clue as to what you have stated here?

Let me help you a little.  Take $10.00 and divide it by 2.46 gallons and tell me what you get Einstein.  See that number?  Do you know what it represents?

im not arguing with you anymore. i just posted what i remember  seein on the pump ant what i paid at the register.  have a good night.

Quite Frankly

There's no argument, you just made a false statement.  If what you said is in fact true. you got ripped off by the pump.

ReconSniper

Quote from: Quite Frankly 4/6 on April 18, 2008, 07:01:42 am
There's no argument, you just made a false statement.  If what you said is in fact true. you got ripped off by the pump.
its entirely possible, or i misread the pump and i will admit that i made a mistake

PHIL IS MY HERO aka RTVM

maybe the dash at the top is out on the pump, and it really read 2.96 instead of 2.46.  2.96 comes up to about 3.38 a gallon, and he said he paid 3.39

Heck, he could be stating the truth, that he saw 2.46

IIIII
I   I            I   I
IIIII            IIIII
    I                I
    I                I

One light could be out on the LCD, couldn't it?

ReconSniper

its entirely possible. thanks for the support ;D

Wahls

Women have the need to be right. Don't worry about apologizing for something like that, you don't need to prove anything to anyone on here about a gas pump for Christ sake.

Quite Frankly

Quote from: DQ's Comin' on April 18, 2008, 09:46:43 pm
Women have the need to be right. Don't worry about apologizing for something like that, you don't need to prove anything to anyone on here about a gas pump for Christ sake.

I asked him to clarify.  I just know that anyone that spends $10 for gas and only gets 2.5 gallons is paying $4/gal.  No one had reported seeing that in Arkansas yet.

He was simply wrong.  I'm not damning him for eternity.  But that statement wasn't true.

powerlifter90

remember that if gas is advertised at 3.36 per gallon that actually means 3.36 9/10, for some reason all gas prices add 9/10 or a cent. 

Quite Frankly

so ture.  At this stage I still wonder why they bother.  People are so numb to it anyway.

Wahls

Quote from: Quite Frankly 4/6 on April 18, 2008, 09:53:09 pm

I asked him to clarify.  I just know that anyone that spends $10 for gas and only gets 2.5 gallons is paying $4/gal.  No one had reported seeing that in Arkansas yet.

He was simply wrong.  I'm not damning him for eternity.  But that statement wasn't true.

Are you really that argumentative to the point that you will argue with someone over a football message board about a gas pump?

Quite Frankly

Are you so combatitive that you think it's necessary to get yourself into a conversation between 2 people on a football message board about gasoline prices?

Quite Frankly

Quote from: DQ's Comin' on April 19, 2008, 11:43:00 am
Are you really that argumentative to the point that you will argue with someone over a football message board about a gas pump?

Just cause I can do math and see that it meant he paid over $4/gal or got a faulty pump doesn't mean I'm being argumentative.

Besides to have an arguement, both sides need to have some factual based info.  I am the only accurate one.

Wahls

Quote from: Quite Frankly 4/6 on April 19, 2008, 11:57:16 am
Are you so combatitive that you think it's necessary to get yourself into a conversation between 2 people on a football message board about gasoline prices?

It's not even close to the same thing. Your laying into him, and I'm asking questions which you can only seem to answer with more questions. Who's the combative one here?

Quite Frankly

Quote from: DQ's Comin' on April 19, 2008, 12:00:01 pm
Quote from: Quite Frankly 4/6 on April 19, 2008, 11:57:16 am

It's not even close to the same thing. Your laying into him, and I'm asking questions which you can only seem to answer with more questions. Who's the combative one here?

I'm laying in to him?  Not even close.

This is a thread about gas prices.  Accurate ones.  It's done to keep people informed.  What he posted was wrong.  It conveyed he paid FOUR $/GAL.  I simply asked him to clarify that.

There's no combativeness towards him.  A direct question back. 

But you on the other hand stepped right into it and made it that way.

bleudog

Quite Frankly

SouthpawSensation

I spotted a $3.49 at the BP in Rogers just off I-540 (Exit 85) and also the BP between Lowell and Springdale on U.S. 71.

Quite Frankly

I posted the cheapest one I saw in SD.  I have seen 3.48 as well.

SouthpawSensation

I'm sure the Conoco just off Exit 88 in Bentonville is $3.34 ... of course, I've seen that one change 20 cents in a heartbeat.

True Believer

Drama Mama ™

ReconSniper

High gas prices are making yard work extremely annoying. i love doing yard work, but its eating into my profits when i have to keep paying more and more for fuel.

Cabotfan

onegearruss

HorseFeathers

3.44 in Marshall...
3.35 at PDQ and Valero by Tech..
3.48 in Dover
and 3.52 in Hector...

4+ dollars a gallon here we come :'(

ReconSniper

Quote from: HF on April 21, 2008, 12:49:53 pm
3.44 in Marshall...
3.48 in Dover
and 3.52 in Hector...

i was a bit early on that one.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: HU Filmer '08 on April 21, 2008, 12:51:28 pm
3.44 in Marshall...
3.48 in Dover
and 3.52 in Hector...

?

ReconSniper

Quote from: HF on April 21, 2008, 12:52:12 pm
Quote from: HU Filmer '08 on April 21, 2008, 12:51:28 pm
3.44 in Marshall...
3.48 in Dover
and 3.52 in Hector...

?

the $4 a gallon. read previous page or so.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Quite Frankly 4/6 on April 19, 2008, 11:59:32 am
Quote from: DQ's Comin' on April 19, 2008, 11:43:00 am

Just cause I can do math and see that it meant he paid over $4/gal or got a faulty pump doesn't mean I'm being argumentative.

Besides to have an arguement, both sides need to have some factual based info.  I am the only accurate one.

Well...You could say you got less than 2.5 gallons of gas for 10 bucks...IF you buy diesel after all diesel fuel is now up to 4.10 here in vegas...I'm sure it's a heck of a lot higher other places...

I know it's slow, but geez is it really necessary to pick a fight over a gas price??? 
Quote from: Quite Frankly 4/6 on April 18, 2008, 09:53:09 pm

Go to Tilly Ark, I'm pretty sure they are either 3.90ish range, or probably over 4 dollars a gallon...I don't report theirs because they don't have a sign, and I'm afraid to see how much it'd take to fill up my tank when I'm up there...

Quote from: SouthpawSensation on April 19, 2008, 05:37:47 pm
I'm sure the Conoco just off Exit 88 in Bentonville is $3.34 ... of course, I've seen that one change 20 cents in a heartbeat.

I hate it when Gas Stations do that...Especially when the lower it back down during the slow hours of the day.

harlin42

HF are you sure tilley still sells gas

HorseFeathers

Quote from: harlin42 on April 21, 2008, 01:05:41 pm
HF are you sure tilley still sells gas

Yeah The Fountains still sell gas at the store across from the Missionary Baptist. I'm up at Tilly at least 3 times a month, and my fiancee makes the mistake of running her car so low on gas that she occassionally has to buy gas there.

RD™

This madness has to stop. It's fixing to break me.

SouthpawSensation

Tell me about it.
In 2002, I had a Ford Windstar minivan (you have to with the size of my family), and it took me $28 to fill it up and I could drive on it for two weeks.
Today, at $3.40 or so a gallon, I put $20 in the minivan and I'm fortunate if the gas gauge crawls above the quarter mark. That might last me three days.

Bluetick54

Filled my tank up today.  Doubled the resale value.

-Painted Fan-

On the way to work this morning, I heard on the radio that gas has gone up 54 cents since the first of the year.  And it's expected to go up another 30 cents before July 4th.
We're planning to go back to Florida for vacation this year- Panama City Beach.  800 mile trip, or approx. 24 gallons, each way.  If gas is $4.00 per gallon, that's $200.00 for gas.  And that's not counting any driving around once we get there.

Drama Mama ™

Quote from: RD 2/6™ on April 21, 2008, 07:35:03 pm
This madness has to stop. It's fixing to break me.
Yea.... go get ya 'nother big old truck RD ;D 

My kiddos Jeep is getting ready to turn into a Schwin and the boy can 2 wheel it if it gets any worse  ;)  My Saab does OK.... the hubby's Nissan truck does great...... the Jeep Wrangler gets about  16 mpg if he keeps his foot out of it   >:(

RHS

Quote from: HU Filmer '08 on April 21, 2008, 09:12:21 am
High gas prices are making yard work extremely annoying. i love doing yard work, but its eating into my profits when i have to keep paying more and more for fuel.

My friend probably knows how you feel. He has a decent sized Chevy that he hauls his stuff with. Driving in from London and then driving around to do all of his yards, plus the gas for mower, weedeater and hedge trimmers, has to cost him a nice penny now.

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on April 21, 2008, 08:02:55 pmWe're planning to go back to Florida for vacation this year- Panama City Beach.  800 mile trip, or approx. 24 gallons, each way.

Dad and I are going on vacation this summer. We'll get to buy premium gas and our trip will probably be 2500 miles.

Quite Frankly

It's time that everyone does themselves a favor and check their air pressure every time they gas.  It's probably the single best thing they can do to improve MPG.

monster_island

ReconSniper

Quote from: Quite Frankly 4/6 on April 21, 2008, 08:28:38 pm
It's time that everyone does themselves a favor and check their air pressure every time they gas.  It's probably the single best thing they can do to improve MPG.

seriously?

Quite Frankly

Yes.  Proper air pressure is more important than most people know.

People need to have a gauge right there in the front seat with them.

RHS

Quote from: Quite Frankly 4/6 on April 21, 2008, 09:37:11 pmPeople need to have a gauge right there in the front seat with them.

Mine is in the glove box. Is that acceptable?

Quite Frankly

Only if it comes out of there when you fill up.

powerlifter90

air filter
oil change
add nitrogen to tires instead of regular air
use injector cleaner every 4th tank

most owners manuals cover this

True Believer

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BUGEATERS on April 21, 2008, 10:09:49 pm
air filter
oil change
add nitrogen to tires instead of regular air
use injector cleaner every 4th tank

most owners manuals cover this

Not to mention Spark Plugs, Spark Plug Wires, Distributor Cap, New Tires, ETC...Done all this and my truck improved from 18-19 to 23 mpg...Of course now its parked due to the fact that the water pump went out...

Still at 3.45-3.49 in Vegas...Maybe being on foot isn't to bad after all...

SouthpawSensation

I've witnessed a pair of $3.49s in NWA, but I also saw a $3.25 last night ... of course, that could have changed drastically in the meantime since I didn't go by there today.

edghog

Oil closed at $119/ barrel today. An all time high......for now.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas