• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A few random 7a thoughts after week 2.

Started by businesstron, September 04, 2018, 05:02:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

businesstron

This has been floating in my mind for a week so I figure why not put it here.

Fayetteville is the best team and possibly most complete team in the 7a west. By complete I mean a good offense and a good defense.   

Bentonville West is the second best team if they are healthy.  Their weak run defense might do them in come post season. 

Bentonville is just playing possum.........................?

Will Springdale be the best school in Springdale?  They are winning against good schools...just smaller schools.

Van Buren will make the playoffs.

NLR is still the best team in the Central until someone beats them. 

That'll have a tough time defending that title with Bryant being 1b in some peoples eyes but on top of that Northside, Southside, Conway and Cabot look like they are going to have decent teams this year. 

Northside and/or Southside will upset Bryant and/either/or North Little Rock this year.   I wouldn't be surprised.

Two more

NLR vs Fayetteville in the state title game.

NLR vs Whitehaven next week will be a treat.  Going by the books Whitehaven is like NLR only with more D1 talent.  they got players committed to major colleges all over the place.   Both of them like to play physical  and run straight at you.  It'll be a slobber knocker.

sportsguy80

Great analysis. I've said it before that these cross state games are great for everyone involved. We're truly seeing the benefits being established with high quality games and more exposure than ever. That NLR/Whitehaven game should be another competitive matchup. I remember the days when these two schools would have had a highlighted game in basketball instead of football...

Razorback Red

Some solid thought here.

Couple of comments: After seeing West in week 1, I think they could be the team to beat once WJ is healthy.  Completely diff team without him. 

FHS has a great QB and a great WR, I've seen that before and they will be tough to beat in the playoffs.

BHS is not playing possum this season, they just aren't very good on offense.  D is solid, but has tired out twice due to the offense's lack of moving the ball in the 2nd half.

SHS is the best team in Sdale and might be in the conversation for the 2-3 spot in the West, depending on WJ return at West.

I agree VB will be in the playoffs, both Rogers teams are really bad.

NLR is still the team to beat

Bryant looks poised to take that next step

Northside looks legit

Conway, Cabot and SS all look competitive, but I don't see them beating NLR or Bryant

7AFBFAN

Quote from: Razorback Red on September 06, 2018, 07:42:53 pm
Some solid thought here.

Couple of comments: After seeing West in week 1, I think they could be the team to beat once WJ is healthy.  Completely diff team without him. 

FHS has a great QB and a great WR, I've seen that before and they will be tough to beat in the playoffs.

BHS is not playing possum this season, they just aren't very good on offense.  D is solid, but has tired out twice due to the offense's lack of moving the ball in the 2nd half.

SHS is the best team in Sdale and might be in the conversation for the 2-3 spot in the West, depending on WJ return at West.

Northside looks legit

Conway, Cabot and SS all look competitive, but I don't see them beating NLR or Bryant

How do you see so many games per week to make your evaluations?

Rob Van Winkle

Quote from: Razorback Red on September 06, 2018, 07:42:53 pm
Some solid thought here.

Northside looks legit

Very solid assessment. Definitely don't count out either BV school. BV always improves throughout the season and they have played a tough non-con schedule. BVW will be very tough to beat once WJ returns.

NLR is the team to beat with Bryant right behind them but the West will have something to say when the playoffs come around.

businesstron

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on September 06, 2018, 08:51:28 pm
How do you see so many games per week to make your evaluations?

:) 

I try to go to atleast one game a week in person.  Like so far this year I've seen NLR vs Booker T, Springdale vs Joe T Rob and Fayetteville vs Owasso in person. 

Then i watch i few on TV when I can like Bentonville West vs Owasso and Bentonville vs Midwest City were on Yurview.

Then you can always watch some of the games online.  Through youtube or Mascot Media or etc.  The Bentonville schools have their Bentonville Sports Network website.  The Springdale Schoools have their youtube change that they live stream games through and as far as Central Arkansas goes Conway and Cabot have their own channels that they stream games through. 

Of course I don't watch everything but I'll watch few a games every once in a while if there's something interesting to see.

7AFBFAN

Quote from: businesstron on September 07, 2018, 11:00:07 am
:) 

I try to go to atleast one game a week in person.  Like so far this year I've seen NLR vs Booker T, Springdale vs Joe T Rob and Fayetteville vs Owasso in person. 

Then i watch i few on TV when I can like Bentonville West vs Owasso and Bentonville vs Midwest City were on Yurview.

Then you can always watch some of the games online.  Through youtube or Mascot Media or etc.  The Bentonville schools have their Bentonville Sports Network website.  The Springdale Schoools have their youtube change that they live stream games through and as far as Central Arkansas goes Conway and Cabot have their own channels that they stream games through. 

Of course I don't watch everything but I'll watch few a games every once in a while if there's something interesting to see.

Very good. You must have a lot more free time than I do. It is good being able to see some of these teams via You Tube. I watch a few but not enough to know who is or isn't going to have a good team this year. Just from casual observance of scores and a few of the games I think the Central looks to have more competitive teams than just the two mentioned at the top. They appear to be ready to compete with the West overall this year as well.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas