• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

That time of year again!

Started by Eagle_Mom_2, September 18, 2017, 09:02:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagle_Mom_2

What time of the year you ask? The time of year where I tell you all the prophetic predictionals that THE West Side Lady Eagles will win the state title. People keep saying, oh they only have 6 players, oh they have a weird coach who wears no shoes to practice and sits criss cross Apple sauce on the sidelines while calling in plays for his studs to run, oh he can't win at the senior high level running a sagging 2-3 defense with virtually no athleticism and limited ability to dial up the right thing on offense, and oh he's strange and does the most bizarre stuff you can imagine in the off-season...BUT, big BUT, and I know a thing or two about big BUTS....our girls will win district, are capable of winning regionals and state as well. Get the popcorn ready, boys and girls!
Eagles Flyyyyyyy

not so slim shady

September 19, 2017, 10:47:56 am #1 Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 10:51:17 am by not so slim shady
Since you brought it up- lets go ahead and rank the girls coaches of the conference, for those of you that are low cede, please don't get confused that Coach Bradford coaches at Southside and Bradford's Coach is Swiney. Ok- here we go:

1) Smith from Timbo- will build on the success of his predecessor.
2) Richey from WSGF- just ask Eagle Mom Duece
3) Tudor from Shirley- coming into her own and will get more out of less
4) Bradford from SSBB- will surprise some people this year
5) Swiney from Bradford- had to move freshmen up last year which prepares them for this year
6) Barber from Midland- look for them to sneak into regionals
7) Crommett from Concord- may have trouble relating to girls and may have trouble teaching his keep away offense when one of his better swing players is hurt or in foul trouble.
8- Berry from Rural Special- unproven so far

JimmyChitwood

September 19, 2017, 11:48:38 am #2 Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 11:55:11 am by JimmyChitwood
It would be hard for me not to have Cornett at the top. Even if he hasn't coached girls before. Remember Keith Brown won it all in girls at Sacred Heart. And I am skeptical about the Hornets until they prove to me that they can put it together offensively. If they can, they may win a few. And Trey Berry is a sharp young guy capable of winning with surprisingly good talent at Fox.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: not so slim shady on September 19, 2017, 10:47:56 am
Since you brought it up- lets go ahead and rank the girls coaches of the conference, for those of you that are low cede, please don't get confused that Coach Bradford coaches at Southside and Bradford's Coach is Swiney. Ok- here we go:

1) Smith from Timbo- will build on the success of his predecessor.
2) Richey from WSGF- just ask Eagle Mom Duece
3) Tudor from Shirley- coming into her own and will get more out of less
4) Bradford from SSBB- will surprise some people this year
5) Swiney from Bradford- had to move freshmen up last year which prepares them for this year
6) Barber from Midland- look for them to sneak into regionals
7) Crommett from Concord- may have trouble relating to girls and may have trouble teaching his keep away offense when one of his better swing players is hurt or in foul trouble.
8- Berry from Rural Special- unproven so far
Tudor is at Benton now

JimmyChitwood

Who is gonna coach the girls at Shirley?

BannerMountainMan

Not sure of her name, just is from Danville, straight out of college

gamechanger11

Concord girls will win conf easily. They have the best player in conference by far and add a district championship group with her they win easily. Followed by WS, midland and ss in that order.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on September 19, 2017, 05:20:09 pm
Not sure of her name, just is from Danville, straight out of college

Katelyn lane I believe is her name

JimmyChitwood

Shirley has some young talent in the 10th grade class. They may surprise people as to their success.

BannerMountainMan

Yes very surprising last year, won two games all year, lost to Timbo by 25+ both games in regular season, they head into district tourney- bring up their 4 freshman,  they take over and beat Timbo by 25! Very odd sequence.

ballmember

Rural Special Senior girls should compete for conference title.   Shirley Senior girls will be improved from last year but at senior high level guard play will be very important.    Concord and Rural Special may battle it out.  Rural Special has a good young coach, hope he will allowed to be in charge. 

Mr. Pappagiorgio

West side is my pick to win district (go eagles). Concord midland and south side will make regional. Timbo has the best girl player in stone county and the best team probably. I also heard their new coach has them ready to roll. Coach swiney will have the Bradford girls playing well again too. Shirley is probably a year away but could sneak up on some teams. I expect our girls conference to have at least 2 teams make state maybe 3.

Central Ark

So 3 teams would mean somebody beat Wonderview or MVE right?

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: Mr. Pappagiorgio on September 20, 2017, 05:37:45 pm
West side is my pick to win district (go eagles). Concord midland and south side will make regional. Timbo has the best girl player in stone county and the best team probably. I also heard their new coach has them ready to roll. Coach swiney will have the Bradford girls playing well again too. Shirley is probably a year away but could sneak up on some teams. I expect our girls conference to have at least 2 teams make state maybe 3.

Finally! Someone who gets it! At least partially anyway. West Side Lady Eagles best team in the conference, I truly believe.
After that I say Rural Special and Concord because of pretty good players and improved coaching for both teams.
Then probably Midland, South Side, both those teams have several kids back I think.
Shirley lost a real good coach but sophomore class can surely win 8 or 10 games even as young as they are.
Timbo has that girl who only has a left hand and is real good on one end and real bad on the other, but likely to get ya 25 a night on a 6 win team.
Bradford have trouble beating any of these teams I'm afraid, even with Don Juan calling the shots.

ballmember

Eagle Mom I like the way you rank teams and agree  with most of what you say EXCEPT Westside.   Think they will battle Shirley for 5th place.   

SackAttack

September 20, 2017, 07:35:20 pm #15 Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 07:37:07 pm by SackAttack
Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on September 20, 2017, 06:45:06 pm
Finally! Someone who gets it! At least partially anyway. West Side Lady Eagles best team in the conference, I truly believe.
After that I say Rural Special and Concord because of pretty good players and improved coaching for both teams.
Then probably Midland, South Side, both those teams have several kids back I think.
Shirley lost a real good coach but sophomore class can surely win 8 or 10 games even as young as they are.
Timbo has that girl who only has a left hand and is real good on one end and real bad on the other, but likely to get ya 25 a night on a 6 win team.
Bradford have trouble beating any of these teams I'm afraid, even with Don Juan calling the shots.
I agree with improved coaching at Concord as Im a big Keith "Corvette" Cornett fan but I think that young fella that was at Rural last year did a pretty phenomenal job. Spinks I believe and where did he go? Somebody stole a good young one and there aint many of em out there. The concession stand/smoker bunch at Fox really liked him and you know what they say

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: SackAttack on September 20, 2017, 07:35:20 pm
I agree with improved coaching at Concord as Im a big Keith "Corvette" Cornett fan but I think that young fella that was at Rural last year did a pretty phenomenal job. Spinks I believe and where did he go? Somebody stole a good young one and there aint many of em out there. The concession stand/smoker bunch at Fox really liked him and you know what they say
Sack concession stand people usually know the most!

JimmyChitwood

Agree ballmember. Can't see West Side being better than mediocre.

Mr. Pappagiorgio

Quote from: Central Ark on September 20, 2017, 06:30:21 pm
So 3 teams would mean somebody beat Wonderview or MVE right?

Yes, someone should bid to hold regional in hot springs so we can be sure wonderview girls will lose the first round

SackAttack

Quote from: Mr. Pappagiorgio on September 20, 2017, 07:54:36 pm
Yes, someone should bid to hold regional in hot springs so we can be sure wonderview girls will lose the first round
Simmons would never make it home before he had that coming stroke!!

DoubleT

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on September 18, 2017, 09:02:12 pm
What time of the year you ask? The time of year where I tell you all the prophetic predictionals that THE West Side Lady Eagles will win the state title. People keep saying, oh they only have 6 players, oh they have a weird coach who wears no shoes to practice and sits criss cross Apple sauce on the sidelines while calling in plays for his studs to run, oh he can't win at the senior high level running a sagging 2-3 defense with virtually no athleticism and limited ability to dial up the right thing on offense, and oh he's strange and does the most bizarre stuff you can imagine in the off-season...BUT, big BUT, and I know a thing or two about big BUTS....our girls will win district, are capable of winning regionals and state as well. Get the popcorn ready, boys and girls!
Eagles Flyyyyyyy

Unlikely  ::)

Eaglestepmom47

Let's not forget about those west side senior boys. they've got solid seniors returning and let's not forget about their stud coach who is always good for kicking a chair or two who is returning to his final season as west side boys head coach. He is going to lead his boys to a district win over concord with a final score of 12-8. Why such a low score you may ask? Because concord runs an offense that consists of weaving for a minimum of 2 minutes before just going in to shoot a layup because west side doesn't know any other defense than a 2-3 or a struggling 1-3-1 because the wonderful coach Shane Davis expects slow and untalented junior/senior (Schmidt or Gardner) to cover both corners which is virtually impossible but no need to fear, senior trent Bentley will score 12 points to carry the team over the concord pirates.

Backboard Shattered

From what I've seen I think Davis does pretty well.  I think if admin and board would back him any he is fine.  We always seem to hate any coach we have but let's be honest Boss and Hipster not coming back.  Seems everyone gets all emotional if their kid doesn't play.  Board and Admin prob think they can coach better.  If some of our moron parents would support instead of tear down how much better would it be for everyone involved.  I like Davis and hope he does well.  On this serious note back to my thread to come up with some good inventions!  Good luck El Dazzler I got your back

SackAttack

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on September 26, 2017, 10:12:02 pm
From what I've seen I think Davis does pretty well.  I think if admin and board would back him any he is fine.  We always seem to hate any coach we have but let's be honest Boss and Hipster not coming back.  Seems everyone gets all emotional if their kid doesn't play.  Board and Admin prob think they can coach better.  If some of our moron parents would support instead of tear down how much better would it be for everyone involved.  I like Davis and hope he does well.  On this serious note back to my thread to come up with some good inventions!  Good luck El Dazzler I got your back
Well said Backboard!! In my short time in the area but as a lifelong fan in the area it just seems that the good folks here have never adjusted to Brady and Hipp being gone. They aint coming back! Yes we all poke fun and its mostly good natured! Davis has done as well as anybody since the Boss left and probably as good as the next poor guy who ever that may be. School board and admin would be better served by getting on the train( choo choo) and being supportive and helping! Just my two serious cents! And yes I can be serious!

PeedeecreekBoy99

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on September 20, 2017, 07:47:27 pm
Agree ballmember. Can't see West Side being better than mediocre.
they never are jimmy

SackAttack

Quote from: PeedeecreekBoy99 on September 27, 2017, 02:25:40 pm
they never are jimmy
Dont you boys have problems of your own you should be worrying about???

PeedeecreekBoy99

Sack im not sure whay you are meaning here. Explain

thebigman3

Does anyone know what ICC s going to be like this year?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas