• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Day 3 Scores

Started by CTEPirateFan, March 01, 2018, 12:42:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ru96gg

Ladies
Harding Academy 25
Charleston 28
End of 3rd Quarter

Ru96gg

Ladies
Harding Academy 25
Charleston 28
End of 3rd Quarter

Ru96gg

Ladies:
Final
Charleston defeats Harding Academy 41-34

Next up
Boys
Junction City vs Manila

AT

Yes! Lady Tigers dance their way to the semis! Will we get a rematch of Charleston-Lamar? Those two have history.

Great job girls!!

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: Almatrackster on March 01, 2018, 08:27:32 pm
Yes! Lady Tigers dance their way to the semis! Will we get a rematch of Charleston-Lamar? Those two have history.

Great job girls!!

Yes they do.  But first things first LEE!!!!

Ru96gg

Boys:

Junction City 8
Manila 16

End of 1st Quarter

Ru96gg

Boys:

Junction City 13
Manila 27

Halftime

Ru96gg

Boys:

Junction City 34
Manila 36

End of 3rd Quarter

biglion1985

Looks like another close one

Ru96gg

Junction City 39
Manila 43
4:44 left in game

Ru96gg

Junction City 46
Manila 48

1:40 left in game

Ru96gg

Junction City 50
Manila 51

13.9 sec in game.  Junction City ball.  Time out

Ru96gg

Junction City. 53
Manila 52

Manila ball   Time out
2.7 sec

baller334

Looks like Riverside all over!! Manila STALLS!!!

Ru96gg

53-52. Junction City Wins!!

Greatdane6

The Dark Horse of the Tournament is still alive JC

BigLion10

Another Buzzer Beater?? I know Manila was up with 13 ticks left

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: baller334 on March 01, 2018, 09:59:40 pm
Looks like Riverside all over!! Manila STALLS!!!
Gotta remember Lamar Stalled first allowing the opportunity for Riverside to Stall.
But end result stalling (playing not to lose) usually results in a loss!

baller334

You wld think a coach wld understand not to HOLD THE BALL!! Keep doing what got you the lead!!
Some never learn

Ru96gg

March 01, 2018, 10:25:04 pm #69 Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 10:27:56 pm by Ru96gg
Junction City put tremendous pressure on Manila the last 2 minutes of the game.  Their press made all the difference and managed to get a lay up the last couple seconds of the game.  Pressure on throw in protecting back saved their win. I mentioned earlier after Junction City’s first win they were better than people realize.  The first half they weren't in the game mentally it seemed and were missing several shots under the basket.  2ND half that turned around.   Saw some great games today from boys and girls.  Tomorrow should be even better.  And yes, Manila did try to stall a bit at the end and it backfired.

AT

What an amazing tournament so far.

General Lee

Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on March 01, 2018, 10:07:41 pm
Gotta remember Lamar Stalled first allowing the opportunity for Riverside to Stall.
But end result stalling (playing not to lose) usually results in a loss!

I wasn't there but from what I was told Lamar didn't stall the ball. Heard they slowed down some. Did they hold the ball out front and try not to score?? That's what I call stalling it.

baller334

Quote from: Ru96gg on March 01, 2018, 10:25:04 pm
Junction City put tremendous pressure on Manila the last 2 minutes of the game.  Their press made all the difference and managed to get a lay up the last couple seconds of the game.  Pressure on throw in protecting back saved their win. I mentioned earlier after Junction City's first win they were better than people realize.  The first half they weren't in the game mentally it seemed and were missing several shots under the basket.  2ND half that turned around.   Saw some great games today from boys and girls.  Tomorrow should be even better.  And yes, Manila did try to stall a bit at the end and it backfired.

What about the charge that was not called on that last second lay up?

Markadomous

Dang another disappointing season for Manila.

beach bum

Quote from: Markadomous on March 01, 2018, 10:43:43 pm

Wait.... I thought we were told the 3-3A had an untouchable force field around it??

Ru96gg

March 01, 2018, 11:14:10 pm #75 Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 11:32:09 pm by Ru96gg
There were some questionable calls on both ends.  As well as missed calls. The calls didn't seem consistent but I've seen that in several games.  It depends on the refs you have that particular game. They call close in the beginning and loosen up on calls later on.  Sorry to say I missed the last lay up at the end as I almost dropped my phone as I was standing up. I heard the roar and saw the points added. I also heard yells about the call from the Manila side.  I was actually sitting on their side. (for the cushioned seating ).  I wish I had seen it and I could give an opinion on it.

AT

3A Boys Bracket After Day 3:

Junction City
McGehee/Charleston

Osceola/Drew Central
Perryville/Barton

AT

3A Girls Bracket After Day 3:

Charleston
Lee/Lamar

Mountain View/Rose Bud
Melbourne/Junction City

dawgs

Manila got out played pure and simple.  They could have put the game away and didn't do it.  Missed free throws will send you home

ISU7

Quote from: baller334 on March 01, 2018, 10:39:34 pm
😮

NEark tigers

Where's Head Lion????!!! LOL!!

baller334

Probably on his way to AAA HEADQUARTERS!! After watching Tuckerman get hosed and then watching Manila get the shaft also I bet their phones will be ringing off da hook lol!!

ChokeNPoke

Quote from: baller334 on March 01, 2018, 10:39:34 pm
Manila got their last second charge call a couple years ago in the NEA Tournament.

RedWolf275

March 02, 2018, 06:55:18 am #83 Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 07:06:03 am by RedWolf275
Quote from: General Lee on March 01, 2018, 10:35:37 pm
I wasn't there but from what I was told Lamar didn't stall the ball. Heard they slowed down some. Did they hold the ball out front and try not to score?? That's what I call stalling it.

I was there and didn't see Lamar "stall" any. Got a little rattled and slowed it down some. Riverside did the pure old stall, held the ball 2:30 at the end of regulation and didn't even get a clean shot off. Tried to hold it 2:00 in overtime and turned it over with 20 seconds left leading to Lamars winning basket with 5 seconds left. Didn't see Manila game so don't know what happened there. But,in my opinion, it is never a good idea to try to stall for 2:30 when your team is on a 43-19 run like Riverside girls were! Good luck to Lamar today!

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: RedWolf275 on March 02, 2018, 06:55:18 am
I was there and didn't see Lamar "stall" any. Got a little rattled and slowed it down some. Riverside did the pure old stall, held the ball 2:30 at the end of regulation and didn't even get a clean shot off. Tried to hold it 2:00 in overtime and turned it over with 20 seconds left leading to Lamars winning basket with 5 seconds left.

Your right and I'm wrong.  Honestly. I should have said we quite attacking and being aggressive on offense like we were to get us the big lead and slowed it down to run plays, to I'm sure eat clock. But again I'm not big on throwing coaches under the buss on a public forum by any means, but I'd be lying if I told you my car ride home conversation wasn't about "boy that coach bailed us out" however had it worked we wouldn't be talking about it right now.  Hats off to Riverside they are a GREAT team.  And again I agree that your  more right then I. 

dragondad

March 02, 2018, 07:16:18 am #85 Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 07:21:26 am by dragondad
Didn't Manilla have a significant lead for nearly the whole game and then JC came from behind to put them within one pt?

Bad call or not,  it wasn't why they lost.... They just got beat.

drybones

Quote from: Markadomous on March 01, 2018, 10:43:43 pm
Good season this year lions.

RedWolf275

Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on March 02, 2018, 07:08:12 am
Your right and I'm wrong.  Honestly. I should have said we quite attacking and being aggressive on offense like we were to get us the big lead and slowed it down to run plays, to I'm sure eat clock. But again I'm not big on throwing coaches under the buss on a public forum by any means, but I'd be lying if I told you my car ride home conversation wasn't about "boy that coach bailed us out" however had it worked we wouldn't be talking about it right now.  Hats off to Riverside they are a GREAT team.  And again I agree that your  more right then I.
Good luck today Hitman. I really think you'll get the W today but nothing is certain!

Ru96gg

March 02, 2018, 07:58:26 am #88 Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 08:00:43 am by Ru96gg
To Dragondad...Manila had a 12 point lead over Junction City at the half. From the 3-4 games I have seen Junction City play, they were off the first half under the rim.  2nd half they made a run and begin to score under goal and made a couple of outside shots to close within 2 at the end of the 3rd. Manila pulled back out to a 4-6 point lead middle of the 4th.  Junction City used a lot of pressure defense to close the gap during 2nd half.....something they weren't doing the first.  Manila did attempt to slow it down a lot looking for a good open shot or easy lay up more so than stalling the ball as some might say in my opinion. This did eat some clock as well. Both teams played hard, that’s for sure 

baller334

Quote from: dragondad on March 02, 2018, 07:16:18 am
Didn't Manilla have a significant lead for nearly the whole game and then JC came from behind to put them within one pt?

Bad call or not,  it wasn't why they lost.... They just got beat.

Your right they did lose the lead but you still have to make a call when there is a crash especially when the game is being determined and a kid puts his body on the line.

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: RedWolf275 on March 02, 2018, 07:27:40 am
Good luck today Hitman. I really think you'll get the W today but nothing is certain!

Yes you are very right.   And thank you!

RedWolf275

Quote from: baller334 on March 02, 2018, 08:00:43 am
Your right they did lose the lead but you still have to make a call when there is a crash especially when the game is being determined and a kid puts his body on the line.

I agree Baller. After watching it in slow motion on twitter it appears to be a charge but something, block or charge, has to be called there.

TTownfan

Quote from: baller334 on March 02, 2018, 12:24:07 am
Probably on his way to AAA HEADQUARTERS!! After watching Tuckerman get hosed and then watching Manila get the shaft also I bet their phones will be ringing off da hook lol!!

The bald headed ref we had was terrible, but we (Tuckerman) didn't get hosed. Losing to HA in the regional put us playing the host school which is not what you want. With that being said we had opportunities to win even though we shot it as poorly as we did. Hats off to Drew Central. They were better than we were yesterday and that's all that matters this time of year.

The bad news is the season is over and a special group of seniors played their last game. The good news is these kids went 65-17 as starters and a state runner-up last year. They set the bar for the teams that will follow and have created an excitement around Tuckerman basketball that's not been seen in many years. The good news is there are key players from this year's team that will be back next year. The good news is there are many groups coming behind them that want to be better than they are/were. The good news is Tuckerman has one of the best young coaches in the state that is not only a great coach but a great role model for his kids. The future is bright and hopefully we will be back next year. Good luck to the remaining teams.

baller334

Quote from: RedWolf275 on March 02, 2018, 08:24:06 am
I agree Baller. After watching it in slow motion on twitter it appears to be a charge but something, block or charge, has to be called there.

That's the thing is AAA shared the video. You wld someone would have to answer for that. Either a charge or block is right.

smallybells

Quote from: Outoftownfan on March 02, 2018, 08:31:37 am
The bald headed ref we had was terrible

Let me guess, the one that kind of looks like the actor Ron Perlman in the face??

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: baller334 on March 02, 2018, 09:14:28 am
That’s the thing is AAA shared the video. You wld someone would have to answer for that. Either a charge or block is right.
You lost, quit whining and move on to baseball

baller334

Dude it ain't even my team!! I was there to watch Tuckerman to be honest. I just hate for the kids and especially the won that clearly took the game winning charge and nothing was called!! If u know basketball at all you wld understand regardless of who's playing.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: baller334 on March 02, 2018, 10:04:44 am
Dude it ain’t even my team!! I was there to watch Tuckerman to be honest. I just hate for the kids and especially the won that clearly took the game winning charge and nothing was called!! If u know basketball at all you wld understand regardless of who’s playing.
I know basketball and at all levels you're not going to get a charge call at the buzzer.

baller334

Then you need to watch a little more bud. The same call will be made by a good crew it don't matter what point the game is in.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: baller334 on March 02, 2018, 10:17:22 am
Then you need to watch a little more bud. The same call will be made by a good crew it don’t matter what point the game is in.
That is Mr. Bud.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas