• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2012 state meet 5A

Started by meritza1st, March 11, 2012, 11:22:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

who will win 100m & 200m

Orlando Robinson  (Crossett)
4 (66.7%)
Anthonly Blakely    (Mills)
2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: May 02, 2012, 11:22:14 pm

meritza1st

pantherxctf

Vilonia
Magnolia
Alma
That's my guestimation at this point

meritza1st

Crossett will win the girls 5A state

MHSGrad

Why is everyone leaving CFV out of the guys?.. With as spread out as the distance events are, how can you not consider them a contender?.. The team that will win this year will be great, not just good, in the field events.. Alma, Vilonia, Magnolia, and CFV are stacked in the field events, with Alma and Magnolia the top 2 in 5A (Magnolia can possibly place multiples in every field event, and Alma could possibly place multiples in all but the tj and lj)

Does CFV and Vilonia have the strength over the other two to gain 25 or more points in the running events?.. Sax is the key to vilonia.. He has a bad day, Vilonia has no chance.. Im really seeing this as a battle of the 5A dynasties, between Magnolia and Alma.. Again.. lol

I know Vilonia was close last year, but if you break down what they did last year, other than Sax and Cotton, they really cant improve too much more.. They won, and im prolly 1 or 2 events off, but the 4x800, 4x400, pv, 400, 110s, and 800 right?.. They can only score 4ish more points in the pv (they got 1, 2, and 7th i believe), cant score anymore in the two relays, but they can lose points in a lot of places.. They lost their 400, lj, tj guy because he was a senior..

I will think that it is Magnolia's year again, but Alma always scares me.. Looking towards the future, Alma is setting up to win next year, and for a while after that

sevenof400

Hey MHSGrad,

Good to see you around these parts again - looking forward to another track season!  We (Vilonia) do need some depth to make state this year because Crume won't be easy to replace.  I know the distance races will be highly contested but I'm hopeful that Bowling will be able to pick up some points there that we may lose elsewhere.  Unlike Alma though, if we don't win this year our window of opportunity may close for awhile because replacing Sax will not be easy. 

vtown22

bowling might score points but he isn't even the best distance runner in the school...on direct athletics, Vilonia had 2 9th graders run 4:53 mile the other night....Don't know if he has done that this year.

MHSGrad

April 04, 2012, 04:08:05 pm #6 Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 04:18:49 pm by MHSGrad
He hasnt.. My question is if yall will run yall's 800 guy at district in the mile?.. I think that would be interesting!

sevenof400

At this point, I would not rule anything out. 

MHSGrad

It might take them pulling out all the stops... One positive note, i had magnolia as a 20 pt underdog going into state last year.. Should be exciting!

sevenof400

April 04, 2012, 08:54:43 pm #9 Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 09:03:50 pm by sevenof400
As I am reading your comment, I recall on more than one occasion a track coach endlessly pondering  what event(s) to run his/her kids in.  I've seen coaches agonize over this decision and never being happy with their decision prior to running the meet. 

I don't think many people understand there are some excellent track coaches who can easily rival coaches in other sports for their pregame preparation and agonizing over details and decisions.  I suspect many track coaches are prematurely gray and are frequent Zantac customers.....

AT

I think Ebmeyer is more of a 400-800 runner than a 800-1600 runner. He could PROBABLY place in the 1600 at state, but I'm not sure it would be worth it for Vilonia to risk it. He might not have anything left in the tank for the 800.

Now at conference, he might do it.

AT

By the way, the freshmen for Vilonia could be an X-factor here. But running a 4:52 at a junior high meet and running a 4:52 or lower at a senior high state meet are two different things.

You would think they would run faster with better competition, but I can't stress how important experience is at a state meet.

vtown22

agreed with experience....one of those has now dropped to a 4:50

AT

Quote from: vtown22 on April 05, 2012, 07:09:22 pm
agreed with experience....one of those has now dropped to a 4:50

Is Vilonia taking their A team to Russellville tomorrow? That's where Alma will be.

V-EAGLES

Yes we will.  Ebmeyer just ran 49:49 in the 400

AT

Quote from: V-EAGLES on April 05, 2012, 07:39:57 pm
Yes we will.  Ebmeyer just ran 49:49 in the 400

Very impressed by that! It's too bad for Vilonia that the 800 and 400 are so close together or he could run both.

MHSGrad

Yea.. it is impossible.. Larry atkinson from hs was a 49/1.55 and couldn't do it.. ran a 2:06 at state, i do believe

AT

Quote from: MHSGrad on April 05, 2012, 09:11:51 pm
Yea.. it is impossible.. Larry atkinson from hs was a 49/1.55 and couldn't do it.. ran a 2:06 at state, i do believe

Yes, he told us before the race he didn't think he could win it.

I thought he was just being humble or trying to fake us out, but right when the race started, I could tell it was up for grabs.

MHSGrad

the 3 hardest races, imo, are the 400, 300h, and the 800.. the most intense 3 mins and 30 secs (ish) 0f sprint endurance lol

MHSGrad

One thing that impresses me is that vilonia is doing and trying everything to gain points.. Be careful, tho, and dont overwork your athletes

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas