• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2010 XC

Started by The Infidel, July 27, 2010, 10:52:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

UALR11

I've never in my life heard for charging to get into a race that wasnt a conference championship, state, or national championship.  Chile Pepper or cowboy jamboree doesn't even charge for people to watch.  Nor does Mt Sac or Holmdel in New Jersey. 

Soeone needs to call Elkins and let them have it.

NWARKsports

I was very disappointed with Elkins.  Wasn't the two dollars that they charged but the whole thing just seemed dishonest and sketchy.  No table, no signs, no tickets or stamps, just a few parents walking around "one" of the entrances telling people they had to pay two dollars for admission.  I'd been much more pleased if they simply asked if I'd like to make a small donation to their CC program.  But, please don't lie to me.

On a brighter note... MSSU Stampede this weekend!!!

UALR11

" MSSU Stampede this weekend!!!"

Which means a whole bunch of short course pr's;)

RATTLER43

I walked in with my team at Elkins and did not notice. I will ask our fan base if they were charged. We never charge and we host 4 meets a year.

Hey, UALR, how is the pt going?

UALR11

I'm on my way back.  Week 9 is this week.  Miles are 55mpw.  Did 8x800 in 2:32.  Still got about 10-15 pounds to lose until im peak though.  If I can take off 6+ in a month I'll run Chile Unnattatched.

Obviously I've been keeping up with you guys.  Just staying in the shadows!:)

RATTLER43

Understood. Hope to see you perform at Chile Pepper. I read where J Purvis ran well at UALR meet. How will team be this year in comparison with other teams in the region?

Ty

Talked to Gabe yesterday.

He said the course at Elkins was the worst he has EVER ran on.

AT

I didn't get to attend the Elkins meet like I planned because I got back much later from the Alma football game the night before than I planned.

But I did get a summary of the meet from one of the runners...

It sounded like it was a good overall meet for the Airedales. We had one runner medal and one on the very outside of medalling. I think they finished 3rd in the team points (Thats what I was told). I don't know how any of the other teams in 5A are. I just know Alma beat Greenwood. Hopefully the Airedaes will keep improving and peak around conference and state time.

RATTLER43

Results are up at arkansastrackstats.net for a number of meets.

AT

Yep, I just saw them, Rattler. It looks like Siloam Springs is the team to beat in 5A again this year...even though I haven't seen GCT's results yet.

AT

Actually I take that back. I just took a good look at Little Rock Christian's times and I think it will be a close battle between Siloam and LRC (That is...if the Bryant course is a legit 5K)

RATTLER43

LRC will be tough; but Siloam is in the mix every year. Never count them out. The weeks to come will show who are the pretenders and who are the contenders.

NWARKsports

Quote from: Almatrackster on September 20, 2010, 07:28:08 pm
(That is...if the Bryant course is a legit 5K)

Yep, wondered the same thing...  ::)

UALR11

The Bryant course is legit.  There isn't much of an argument.  Findlay ran about the same time at Conway and he is a 4:18 1600 kid-remember.  Chaffin ran a 1650 or so and he is also a sub 420 1600 kid.  Plus that Bryant kid is a stud.  Definitely underrated.

AT

Quote from: UALR11 on September 21, 2010, 02:25:08 pm
The Bryant course is legit.  There isn't much of an argument.  Findlay ran about the same time at Conway and he is a 4:18 1600 kid-remember.  Chaffin ran a 1650 or so and he is also a sub 420 1600 kid.  Plus that Bryant kid is a stud.  Definitely underrated.

Yeah that Findlay kid has a shot at the state 1600 record if he keeps working hard. I know that each second after 4:20 is tougher but he has 3 years to do it...

UALR11

What I like about Noah is his guidance.  He has the right group of people looking over him.  I'd be willing to bet that by his senior year he might not be the best runner at Catholic High.

RATTLER43

That would be incredible to have a group surrounding him that good.

Hey, my boy Travis finally broke into the 16s tonight with an unofficial 16:48. Course was flat, cloud cover and slight breeze made it almost perfect. If temps were a little lower it would have been perfect.

Jr. Girls won another team title. Dequeen knocked off my senior boys. Their 3-4-5 handled my 3-4-5. We still have some work to do but we ran hard today. Churxa at personal best 18:05 today.

NWARKsports

Good Luck wherever you are this weekend.  Lots going on.  We'll be at OSU for Cowboy Jamboree but several other schools going to Memphis or Siloam Springs.

RATTLER43

We are off this week before going to Mansfield next week. Any results on Trinity Christian out of Texarkana? Been looking for Tanner's times.

RATTLER43

AT

I've been looking for them too, Rattler. I wish there was an easier way to access cross country results online...i know arkansastrackstats.net does there best but they aren't exactly up to date all the time.

RATTLER43

Let me know if you find them. I have looked at arkansastrackstats, milesplit, arkansasrunner, etc. and have yet to find them. I even tried the Siloam Springs cross country site.

RATTLER43

Hey, Infidel. Haven't heard how DA CC teams are doing. Give us an update. We are weeks into the season, now.

AT

Hey Rattler, are y'all at Mansfield on Saturday?

Ty

Gonzalez traveled to Memphis this past weekend to participate in the Brooks Memphis Twlight Classic, one of the top meets in the South.

He finished third, running a 15:45. Entered a point late in the race where he was out of it with the two leaders and the rest of the pack was well behind him and he let off the pedal a little.

AT

Quote from: Ty on September 30, 2010, 10:40:09 am
Gonzalez traveled to Memphis this past weekend to participate in the Brooks Memphis Twlight Classic, one of the top meets in the South.

He finished third, running a 15:45. Entered a point late in the race where he was out of it with the two leaders and the rest of the pack was well behind him and he let off the pedal a little.

Thats awesome! Are the Razorbacks looking at him, Ty?

Also, Rattler, I found the Siloam Springs results on directathletics, heres the link...

http://www.directathletics.com/results/xc/2762.html

AT

Also, I've analyzed the meets so far and have come up with my temporary predictions for the 5A State meet.

(Note: I haven't seen any results for Greene County Tech yet, who should be a big contender)

Top 5

1. Siloam Springs
2. Little Rock Christian
3. Greenwood
4. Magnolia
5. Lakeside

Other teams that could contend:
Greene County Tech
Vilonia
Paragould
Harrison
Alma

I think that unless GCT has a very good team that I haven't heard about yet, then the state meet will be a two horse race between LRC and Siloam Springs. I think Siloam has a slight edge, though, for now.

On Vilonia: I thought Vilonia would be a contender to win the state meet this year, but their results haven't shown that so far. The overall winner last year, Zach Bowling, hasn't even ran from what I've seen so far. Maybe they just haven't ran their whole team yet.

The Infidel

Quote from: RATTLER43 on September 29, 2010, 10:08:22 pm
Hey, Infidel. Haven't heard how DA CC teams are doing. Give us an update. We are weeks into the season, now.

Sr girls seem to be struggling a little with some injuries and maybe a some growing pains. The sr boys are still competing but we don't always have enough for a complete team. Very few jr boys. Usually 2 or 3 competing. The jr girls are really carrying the mail. They took 2nd in the Josh Park Memorial. Placed 8th at Conway and 11th at Memphis. The freshmen girls have moved up to help the seniors so we've had a little drop off but not much. The Memphis run was a very large race with middle & high school kids competing from 3 or 4 states not to mention the college level teams. If you get the chance to take your group to this one, I highly recommend it. We will be in Russellville this coming Saturday and due my job may be the last race I get to attend this year.

RATTLER43

UALR has told me about the Memphis race before. Sounds like a good one.

Yes. We will be at Mansfield this week.

Thanks. I'll go check them out right now.

RATTLER43

If stats mean anything it looks like this in 2A:
Girls
Acorn
Magazine
Trinity
GF Westside
DA

Boys
Trinity
Magazine/Caddo
Eureka Springs

Plenty of time for changes but that is the way it looks as of this week.

Ty

Quote from: Almatrackster on September 30, 2010, 11:04:49 am
Quote from: Ty on September 30, 2010, 10:40:09 am

Thats awesome! Are the Razorbacks looking at him, Ty?

Also, Rattler, I found the Siloam Springs results on directathletics, heres the link...

http://www.directathletics.com/results/xc/2762.html
The Memphis race is pretty awesome. The start is right as the sun goes down and the race is ran at Memphis soccer complex.

Samantha Mohler, from Mtn. Home, finished 4th in girls race, running a 19:19. Bentonville finished 3rd in the team standings.

I'm not for sure about recruiting. He's pretty quiet about it but I do know he's going to take some visits in between XC and indoor season.

RATTLER43

Just got back from Mansfield. Greenwood 1st, Southside 2nd, Magazine 3rd. My #3 cost us runner-up but we could not maintain with Gwood today.

Travis coasted to a 17:20 win. Logan won junior girls race in 12:09 unofficially. Katy debuted in 21:40 unofficially. Things are beginning to look pretty good.

AT

3rd after a 7A school and a 5A school isn't bad Rattler. Good luck to your kids for the rest of the year.

I know Alma were missing two of their top 5 because of and, so I know they didn't do as well as they wanted.

After looking at the Russellville results the battle between Siloam and Little Rock Christian at state will be very close...

RATTLER43

Thanks. My #4 was out of commission yesterday and my #3 just did not perform. He finished 5th out of my runners. My top two ran well and my #5 had a personal best. Right now, Caddo Hills and Trinity Christian are ahead of us in Class AA. Got to make up some ground.

NWARKsports

Rogers Mountie Classic tmrw.  The course has been slightly modified from last year.  This is the third year in a row they've changed the course.  Should be the first race all season where all the big 7A guns are running together.

AT

Quote from: NWARKsports on October 04, 2010, 08:26:48 am
Rogers Mountie Classic tmrw.  The course has been slightly modified from last year.  This is the third year in a row they've changed the course.  Should be the first race all season where all the big 7A guns are running together.

Are they still making runners jump over hay bales and logs?

NWARKsports

Don't believe they have the hay bales or logs any longer.  They do have three decent sized moguls all back to back in a row.  Race went well tonight.  Rogers won both boys and girls with Heritage taking second place for girls and Cabot taking second place for boys.  Bentonville did not run their Varsity. There were not as many schools running as I thought there would be which may have been due to Tue night race.  Course is fast and great for spectators.  Will be awesome site for State meet.

AT

Alma had a really good meet at Rogers..not in terms of place necessarily, but in terms of making progress towards the 5A state meet. They have a chance to finish in the top 5, if they run a little better...which would be the best finish ever for Alma at Cross Country.

RATTLER43

Loved the course. Management was iffy in the first girls race as they messed up the lead pack of five runners at the halfway point.  Glad the mistake was made at invitational instead of state. Other than that a great meet. I graded my teams out at a C-. I think the cutdowns and close proximity of races in our scheduling burned us. All of my runners had "dead" legs. Hope to perform better in two weeks. All in all a fun day and a great course. Hope Alma continues to progress.

NWARKsports

Quote from: RATTLER43 on October 06, 2010, 03:59:40 pm
All of my runners had "dead" legs.

We're going to the Kearney Invitational just north of KC on Sat and then Chile Pepper following Sat.  That will make 3 tough meets in a total of 12 days.  Much concern with dead legs...  Then we're taking it easy until Conference which has been moved to Tue., Oct 26th in Fayetteville.

SouthpawSensation

Quote from: NWARKsports on October 04, 2010, 08:26:48 am
Not quite. Bentonville sent junior varsity teams to run this race.

RATTLER43

I will take the foot off the gas after this weekend. We ran Mansfield last Saturday, Rogers Tuesday, and Greenwood this Saturday for three in 8. The Mansfield and Rogers courses were fast but the Greenwood course is a grueling hill run. We plan to use it as our "resistance" cutdown day in training. Not all of our meets are used for competition. Some, like Rogers, are used  to know the course, see other teams, or for training runs. 3 in 8 competitively would be too much for many legs. Still, it keeps our competitive fires burning brightly all season.

RATTLER43

We just got back from Greenwood Bulldog Invitational. We ran our best meet of the season. Our times will look slow but it is the most intense course we run all year. My one, two, and five were great today. #3 was out but four and six stepped it up.

AT

Thats awesome Rattler. When is your conference meet?

And also, how did Greenwood look today?

RATTLER43

Greenwood looked strong. Their #2 was off but their #3 looked better than ever.

Did you guys run at VB or LH today?

Our conference meet is Oct. 23rd. We host it.

AT

Alma didn't run today. They are saving themselves for the Chili Pepper.

RATTLER43

We have a meet on Monday following Cpepper. Travis plans to run but no others.

RATTLER43

Chili Pepper!!!!!!!!!!!

NWARKsports

Chile Pepper keeps getting FASTER and FASTER!!!  HS Girls Invitational had 23 runners under 19:00 including 7 girls from Arkansas.  Also, 6 girls from Saratoga Springs, NY.   Hard to believe any time starting with 18 doesn't get you a medal (top 15 medal).  Last year 19:00 gets you in top ten.

AT

Not a good meet for Alma...but I'm not surprised...we NEVER run good at Chile Pepper..lol, I think our runners enjoy the atmosphere too much and don't stay focused for the race. But I have confidence they will be ready for the conference meet coming up.

But individually, our freshmen, Joey Walker, had a great race and got under 19:00 for the first time. The future of Alma XC looks to be pretty good.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas