• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A preseason top 10?

Started by Sweet, January 19, 2015, 05:55:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweet

January 19, 2015, 05:55:55 pm Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 06:31:40 pm by Sweet
Who's the contenders this year?

Foreman?
SH?
JC?
MC?
Woodlawn?
Hector?
Des Arc?
BIC?

NEASPORTSFAN

Until proven otherwise, it's

1. Foreman
2. Everyone else

500 hitter

Bearcatsofmena00

Who did Foreman lose from their championship team??

Sweet

The roster I found says Anderson, Warren and Bell were seniors. The exchange student coming back?

NEASPORTSFAN

Ok, best guess

1. Foreman- 7 titles in 8 years. #1 until proven otherwise
2. Junction City- lost in title game
3. Woodlawn- lost in semifinals. Always tough.
4. Tuckerman- lost to JC. Returns most of team. All state pitcher.
5. BIC- still has Greathouse. Could go deep.
6. Midland- defending 1a champs. 30-6 last year. Returns everybody.
7. Magnet Cove- east region champs, again
8. Hector- possibly best 2a pitcher
9. Spring Hill- upset at regionals. Could make a deep run.
10. Pangburn- returns 8 starters. 45-15 last two years. Impact freshmen. Improved pitching.

True Fan

Quote from: phstiger on January 20, 2015, 02:14:05 pm
1. Foreman- 7 titles in 8 years.

Might want to check your math on that. Junction City and Magnet Cove each have a title in the last three years.  ;D

7/9  Still a strong preseason #1.  8)

ridgerunner14

January 21, 2015, 07:07:07 am #7 Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 09:27:54 pm by ridgerunner14
oiu

ridgerunner14

January 21, 2015, 07:23:36 am #8 Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 09:27:06 pm by ridgerunner14
poi

NEASPORTSFAN

Yes, pangburn got blown up at district, and regionals. Wheels came off a young team. They did lose to tuckerman by 15 then, but during the season tuckerman won 3-2 at tuckerman and 2-1 at pangburn. Pangburn has a new pitcher. I think they will be just fine.

NEASPORTSFAN

What will be interesting this year is the other teams in the north. Everyone knows BIC is loaded, as well as tuckerman and Midland. Those are almost sure locks to go to state. Who will the other team be? Is it pangburn? Salem?  marked tree is supposed to have a freshman pitcher that is good. What does marmaduke have coming back? Rector has been good the past few years but the rumor is they may not have enough girls for a team this year. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

LowerAR

Parkers Chapel will be a threat. Allstate Freshmen Pitcher from Strong last year is now playing for P. C., and several others went with her. Also, I know of 1 really good Freshmen moving up, so with the ones they had they will be much better.   

ridgerunner14

January 21, 2015, 03:05:10 pm #12 Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 09:25:35 pm by ridgerunner14
u

ridgerunner14

January 21, 2015, 03:33:31 pm #13 Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 09:25:48 pm by ridgerunner14
r

NEASPORTSFAN

Who returns for marmaduke this year? I believe their pitcher was a senior last year.

LowerAR

Well I'm not sure of the particulars of why Strong students were allowed to move to PC, but I believe that it may have to do with Strong being in distress. I do know that they are planning on playing there this year. I'm pretty sure that several football players played for PC this fall, so my guess is that it's all kosher.     

ridgerunner14

January 22, 2015, 04:54:54 pm #16 Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 09:21:50 pm by ridgerunner14
h

Bearcatsofmena00

Quote from: Sweet on January 20, 2015, 01:56:39 pm
The roster I found says Anderson, Warren and Bell were seniors. The exchange student coming back?

Well does anybody know who they play non conference??? and what tournaments??

Sweet

Quote from: Bearcatsofmena00 on January 26, 2015, 08:49:39 am

I know they aren't playing in D-Mac tournament. I'm taking a wild guess that they'll play in TOC. Those two are usually on the same weekend.

GatorBall

Quote from: Sweet on January 27, 2015, 06:02:01 am
Quote from: Bearcatsofmena00 on January 26, 2015, 08:49:39 am

I know they aren't playing in D-Mac tournament. I'm taking a wild guess that they'll play in TOC. Those two are usually on the same weekend.

Foreman doesn't have a single 2A school on their schedule other than their conference games. These non-conference games include Mena, Arkansas High and Ashdown twice (all of which played in their classifications state tournament). They also play Nashville once and they will play in the Tournament of Champions, which we all know includes all the State Champions from all of the different classifications.

Foreman DOES have a very solid team this year and will most likely be the biggest contender in 2A softball, but I do have somewhat of a biased opinion!! Although I have been around and seen ALOT of very good softball teams and this one is very good too. We should have a lot of power!!!

500 hitter

Foreman should be very strong. I took a glance at their schedule and a game that appears to be an early test is the Mena game. Should be an fun game for both teams. Both have a lot of power and solid pitching. Good competition only makes them better. I believe Foreman should be one of the best teams regardless of class in the state.

Panthers44

Mena will be really strong unless Foreman improved alot Mena wont have problem with them!

GatorBall

Quote from: Panthers44 on February 24, 2015, 08:45:27 pm
Mena will be really strong unless Foreman improved alot Mena wont have problem with them!

The only way Foreman has a chance is if they have improved a lot....Really? Did you even watch the game when they played last year?

Panthers44

February 25, 2015, 05:08:29 pm #23 Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 05:16:25 pm by Panthers44
I watched them numerous times 4a softball is not 2a promise you that! 4a was  one of toughest classes in the state last year!

GatorBall

Quote from: Panthers44 on February 25, 2015, 05:08:29 pm
I watched them numerous times 4a softball is not 2a promise you that! 4a was  one of toughest classes in the state last year!

Oh, I agree. Absolutely!!! I didn't say that 4A and all of 2A were equally talented!!!! Although we did go 5-1 against 4A teams last year in which 5 of those teams that we played went to the state playoffs in 4A. I think Mena has a very good team. Mena and Bentonville were the two toughest teams we played all year last year but for you to say that Mena won't have a problem with us seems awfully boastful for someone who has yet to see us play or even practice this year. We had one error on a routine catch at first base last year that was dropped that worse case would have ended in a tie ball game, so that sounds to me like two pretty evenly matched teams.

Does all that mean Foreman will win this game....don't know....we will see. But I do promise you one thing Foreman won't be a pushover like you suggest!!

LowerAR

I watched Forman play 4 games last year and watched them practice the morning before the Regional final and I was impressed. I felt that they could play with any 6A or 7A team in the state. Not to say they would win, but when you can stay with someone you never know what will happen. They have a good pitcher, strong defence and bats, now that doesn't mean they would beat every team, but I would guess they would do well if they were put into either. To my way of thinking, a good team is a good team, and even though larger schools do have an advantage; you can only put 9 on the field.           

NEASPORTSFAN

Ok, best guess

1. Foreman- 7 titles in 9 years. #1 until proven otherwise
3.Marmaduke. valley view  pitcher transferred in. 7 of 9 starters play for Arkansas ICE or Thunder.
4. Woodlawn- lost in semifinals. Always tough.
5. Tuckerman- lost to JC. Returns most of team. All state pitcher.
6 BIC- still has Greathouse. Could go deep. Heard they may have lost catcher to basketball injury.
7. Midland- defending 1a champs. 30-6 last year. Returns everybody.
8. Magnet Cove- east region champs, again
9. Magazine- good freshmen class, including pitcher
10. Spring Hill- could be higher
After learning some more about teams, I have revised my top 10 pics

LowerAR

Quote from: phstiger on February 26, 2015, 09:44:57 am
Ok, best guess

1. Foreman- 7 titles in 9 years. #1 until proven otherwise
3.Marmaduke. valley view  pitcher transferred in. 7 of 9 starters play for Arkansas ICE or Thunder.
4. Woodlawn- lost in semifinals. Always tough.
5. Tuckerman- lost to JC. Returns most of team. All state pitcher.
6 BIC- still has Greathouse. Could go deep. Heard they may have lost catcher to basketball injury.
7. Midland- defending 1a champs. 30-6 last year. Returns everybody.
8. Magnet Cove- east region champs, again
9. Magazine- good freshmen class, including pitcher
10. Spring Hill- could be higher
After learning some more about teams, I have revised my top 10 pics
I don't have a dog in this fight, but remember I did tell you about Parkers Chapel. ;)

NEASPORTSFAN

Yeah, I hear ya. Will the pitcher be able to go? I heard she was hurt.

LowerAR

I'm not sure, but I would expect if she couldn't the word would be out around here.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas