• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

McCrory vs Sheridan

Started by mr.gametime, April 12, 2016, 04:25:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mr.gametime

Is McCrory really playing Sheridan this year for a non conference game????....I seen it on max preps...or are they playing against Sheridan JV team or something???

big E

Coach Kenan told me that it was the only game they could get.

big E

Hornet4ever

A lot of teams struggling to find games this season it seems.

mr.gametime

Ventman

Boy that's a tough game for any 2A school.

mr.gametime

big E

Ventman

Quote from: unbiased_fan on April 14, 2016, 08:24:02 am
It also could be really embarrassing for Sheridan.
It could but not likely. A 6A school will likely have much more depth than a 2A school and this could be the only difference in the game. Not sure but I don't think Sheridan is a powerhouse in football. Good luck to the Jags, I will be pulling for them.

mr.gametime

Yes more depth...and not as many 2 way starters ...you got players at 6A and 7A schools that hardly see the field ...that would probably be all state if they played for a 2A school.

Beaver Fever

Sounds like sheridans coach is trying to get fired. 6a losing to a 2a is a recipe for trouble

FD4

Not really, look back at the great shoot out between Shiloh Christian and Springdale several years ago.  It was 2A vs 6A back then, and ended up in a 7/7 tie.  The Headline in the Saturday paper was simply put......
                                                    "Nothing Proved"

Lumberjackfan1978

Depth will be the biggest difference

AirWarren

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on April 20, 2016, 09:17:31 pm
Depth will be the biggest difference

Last time Warren played Sheridan, we ran them out of town. It was embarrassing.

WonderWartHawg

Quote from: AirWarren on April 20, 2016, 09:50:35 pm

Warren also is much bigger than McCrory and had probably the most talented team that they ever will have, with Childs, Wright and Basmine Jones.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: AirWarren on April 20, 2016, 09:50:35 pm
I remember that game I think it was at UAPB in the first game of the year it was over before it started no contest

Jag-Class07

conditioning will be the biggest factor week 1

Proud Buckaroo

Why exactly did this game even get scheduled? It could be very bad for either team..

Lumberjackfan1978

It could be real bad for Sheridan if they loose

Ventman

I think the Jags can hold their own for awhile but depth will more than likely be the reason they lose this game. On the other hand I could see them pulling the upset.

bleudog

May 31, 2016, 12:19:29 pm #20 Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 12:25:31 pm by bleudog
CALPREPS.COM

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2015] Sheridan (AR) 26
[2015] McCrory (AR) 24

Could be interesting but it's not U$C and Springdale.

mr.gametime

Quote from: bleudog on May 31, 2016, 12:19:29 pm
CALPREPS.COM

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2015] Sheridan (AR) 26
[2015] McCrory (AR) 24

Could be interesting but it's not U$C and Springdale.

Notice the date 2015....yeah the 2015 team could have gave them a run....but most of the starters on that team are gone .

bleudog

May 31, 2016, 05:02:00 pm #22 Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 07:29:14 am by bleudog
Quote from: mr.gametime on May 31, 2016, 03:53:27 pm
Notice the date 2015....yeah the 2015 team could have gave them a run....but most of the starters on that team are gone .

2015 was the best the folks in LaLaLand could do.  McCrory may not have the team they had last year, but Sheridan isn't exactly Pine Bluff or Greenwood either.  Hopefully the 2A folks can keep it interesting.

Coach Mac D

I think sheridan plays McClellan week 1. I think schedule on max prep and fearless is wrong. I think it is wrong but I'm not 100% sure. I will find out tomorrow for sure.

WonderWartHawg

Quote from: Coach Mac D on June 01, 2016, 01:45:43 pm
I think sheridan plays McClellan week 1. I think schedule on max prep and fearless is wrong. I think it is wrong but I'm not 100% sure. I will find out tomorrow for sure.

No, Sheridan IS playing McCrory.
It's one of those Hooten arranged preaseason kickoff games.
Don't know who does the scheduling, but I guess they thought a 6A vs. 2A would draw some interest.

gatecrasher

Sheridan does not have the typical depth of a 6A school.
They typically play a lot of kids both ways.

Pit Bull

It's no big deal, just go and play hard, Earle battled Lake Hamilton for two years and got awfully close to beating them in the second game. Only 11 on the field at once...

Coach Mac D

You was right. Sheridan is playing McCrory in a kick off classic game for Hootens.

Ventman

Quote from: Pit Bull on June 02, 2016, 04:58:12 am
It's no big deal, just go and play hard, Earle battled Lake Hamilton for two years and got awfully close to beating them in the second game. Only 11 on the field at once...
Thats right Pit, I think the Jags will hold tough for awhile. If they can keep it close you never know. I sure hope they win!

Hornet4ever

If it makes everyone feel better, JC Westside beat a 5A team last year. And Westside was less then amazing last season. I know the 5A team was a joke, but we can all have confidence. Lol

mr.gametime

Quote from: Hornet4ever on June 02, 2016, 06:22:33 pm
If it makes everyone feel better, JC Westside beat a 5A team last year. And Westside was less then amazing last season. I know the 5A team was a joke, but we can all have confidence. Lol

That dont count...lol...i think every school in class 2A could have J.A fair last year.

WonderWartHawg

I know Sheridan will have to find a new QB, will have to replace a lineman that signed with stAte, a Lander's award finalist at RB, and the best punter in the state last year. So yeah, Sheridan will have some questions marks going into the game. Don't know if they found a clear answer at QB during spring drills.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: mr.gametime on June 02, 2016, 07:36:41 pm
That dont count...lol...i think every school in class 2A could have J.A fair last year.

Way to totally kill my point.

😂😂😂

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas