• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hermits under new leadership!

Started by heavyhittaz_7, March 14, 2016, 10:18:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

heavyhittaz_7

Hermits new head coach is Chase Ellis former warren DC. Looking forward to the 2016 season and new era with coach Ellis.

Jack1990

Congratulations Hermits!  Y'all got a good one! Want to wish Chase the best as he takes the helm at Hermitage.

AirWarren

Pat Swilling

sevenof400

Why in the world couldn't they have found a head coach names Herman...... ;D

Jack1990

Herman's Hermits would be awesome!!LOL

Jimbo Morphis

congrats to chase. hope he does well.

Romeo

Happy for Chase, sad that I can no longer talk bad about Hermitage.

bigworm

Quote from: unbiased_fan on March 15, 2016, 09:34:00 am
I know they had a coach leave Hermitage for England.  Was told they were offering his mom a job in the district.

I don't know if this is true but he's more than welcome. Haha

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bigworm on March 15, 2016, 11:23:42 pm
I don't know if this is true but he's more than welcome. Haha

I for one am against this transfer, I'd like for Hector to at least have a chance at the conference crown

BigLion10

I'm the complete opposite of HF I accept the transfer with open arms

AirWarren

Quote from: Romeo on March 15, 2016, 11:20:20 pm
Happy for Chase, sad that I can no longer talk bad about Hermitage.

This.

LJ06

Hate losing Chase, but proud of him for getting another head coaching job. The guy deserves it! Great coach and an even better person.

LJ06

SUGARTOWN

March 16, 2016, 09:35:31 am #14 Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 09:37:32 am by SUGARTOWN
Quote from: HF on March 15, 2016, 11:25:32 pm
I for one am against this transfer, I'd like for Hector to at least have a chance at the conference crown

England and Hector are in the same conference now?

Football

I'm sure Hector and England will be fine with or without Monta Thomas but I'm almost 100% sure he will be playing for the Hermits.. Congratulations to Coach Ellis!!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on March 16, 2016, 09:35:31 am
England and Hector are in the same conference now?

Yes, isn't the first time it's happened either...smh

mr.gametime

Quote from: AirWarren on March 15, 2016, 09:20:55 am
Good lord.

I was surprised to see that the parkers Chapel running back ..Jackson....had a faster 40 time and pro agility time ..than  Thomas did at the Nike combine. ...I only say this because I know both of them are D1 recruits ..but it seems like I here more about Thomas and people are sleeping on Jackson.

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: mr.gametime on March 19, 2016, 11:32:54 am
I was surprised to see that the parkers Chapel running back ..Jackson....had a faster 40 time and pro agility time ..than  Thomas did at the Nike combine. ...I only say this because I know both of them are D1 recruits ..but it seems like I here more about Thomas and people are sleeping on Jackson.

Some combine measurements can be misleading regarding on field football performance.

For example Kenneth Dixon is ranked as the fourth best running back available in the draft and the only major ding against him is his lack of elite speed.

As one pro player once noted "It's not a track meet out here".

JC Guy

Quote from: unbiased_fan on March 19, 2016, 05:36:21 pm
Jackson is more of a pure running back and he very good. Thomas is more of an all around player. They are both great players and Jackson should be talked about more.
Desmond is a power back with some wiggle and Thomas has a lot more wiggle and vision. I don't think anyone in South Arkansas is sleeping on Desmand. I don't know how many yards he had against JC last year but he held his own and everyone knew he was getting the ball. Both are very good players but they won't be playing the same position at the D1 level. Jackson is a running back Thomas I would think will be recruited as an athlete. Could be wrong JMO.

mr.gametime

Quote from: JC Guy on March 19, 2016, 08:16:57 pm
Desmond is a power back with some wiggle and Thomas has a lot more wiggle and vision. I don't think anyone in South Arkansas is sleeping on Desmand. I don't know how many yards he had against JC last year but he held his own and everyone knew he was getting the ball. Both are very good players but they won't be playing the same position at the D1 level. Jackson is a running back Thomas I would think will be recruited as an athlete. Could be wrong JMO.

I hear schools are looking at Thomas to play either WR or DB

Lions84

flawlessthoughts

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on March 19, 2016, 12:13:18 pm
Some combine measurements can be misleading regarding on field football performance.

For example Kenneth Dixon is ranked as the fourth best running back available in the draft and the only major ding against him is his lack of elite speed.

As one pro player once noted "It's not a track meet out here".
I agree! Emmit Smith was never the fastest guy on the field.

mtindian42

Thomas will be unstoppable this year...enjoy the show hermit fans!

Alvin

Quote from: mtindian42 on March 24, 2016, 05:45:04 am
Thomas will be unstoppable this year...enjoy the show hermit fans!

Unstoppable? The hermits haven't won a playoff game in his time have they?

STUNNA

Quote from: Alvin on March 24, 2016, 09:28:57 am

they prolly wouldn't win a single game without him.... he is that good

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: Alvin on March 24, 2016, 09:28:57 am

John Elway never played in a college bowl game.     Football is the ultimate team game no matter how good one super star is.

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: unbiased_fan on March 27, 2016, 06:35:56 pm
I'm still trying to figure out how you get conference coach of the year and get reassigned.

This kind of thing is far, far from unknown.    Remember when Monticello won state and the coach was stripped of his Athletic Director title and had his pay cut by 20,000 a year.?

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: unbiased_fan on March 28, 2016, 08:34:37 am
I think they learned the hard way grass is not always greener. 

Well, IIRC being the conference coach of the year is an honor voted on by the fellow coaches in that conference while coaching assignments are an internal school matter.

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: unbiased_fan on March 28, 2016, 09:54:48 am
Of course.  Its just a wonder a coach can be that respected by his peers yet not respected in his own district.  Maybe there is some smoke from other places, but if this was strictly a football move by hermitage, than I hope they lose every game. 

Not that surprising.    Fellow coaches,   fellow professionals see things differently than the "guys in the stands".   Fellow coaches are very likely to know a great deal about what is going on behind the scenes at a rival school.    The challenges a coach is facing.    The barriers he is having to overcome.   Not to mention that many coaches have a basic level of regard and respect for their rivals that is not apparent to fans and boosters.

An opposing coach who runs on to the field to help with an injured player from the other team  will be regarded highly by most opposing coaches.    But such gestures are largely missed by the home town fans.

minerjack

Quote from: heavyhittaz_7 on March 14, 2016, 10:18:16 pm
Hermits new head coach is Chase Ellis former warren DC. Looking forward to the 2016 season and new era with coach Ellis.
Ellis wasn't the DC.

mtindian42

March 29, 2016, 09:32:47 am #31 Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 09:41:32 am by mtindian42
Coaches or loved by everyone when they win...but just as he was loved for wining... He is despised by many who do not like him no matter what he dose. That small group of pepole will allways win that battle...and get there way!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas