• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

8-AA in 2016

Started by heavyhittaz_7, March 05, 2016, 01:07:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

heavyhittaz_7

I really think the conference is wide open for next year with no clear front runner with JC going up to 3a and  rison losing a lot of seniors and CHG coming in the conference and Hampton fielding a SR team this year. What are y'all outlook/opinion on the 8aa in 2016?

Here are the teams!

Rison
Hermitage
Bearden
Hampton
PC
CHG
Woodlawn
Strong

Jag-Class07

should be CHG , Rison and Bearden in the top 3

Backwoods Bart

Monta has the potential to carry the Hermits on his back  all of the way like Dixon did Stong! They have to be in the top 2 preseason! My # 1!

heavyhittaz_7

Quote from: Jag-Class07 on March 05, 2016, 04:28:17 am
should be CHG , Rison and Bearden in the top 3
what does CHG have coming back? I know they lose there qb but don't know much more about them

THA TRUTH

Bearden should be salty along with Rison and chg but this is montas league

HorseFeathers

Quote from: THA TRUTH on March 06, 2016, 07:32:13 am
Bearden should be salty along with Rison and chg but this is montas league

That kid that lost to mountainburg out of the lowly 4-2a is gonna rule the 8....must be a bad year for the mighty 8-2a

THA TRUTH

heavyhittaz_7

Quote from: HF on March 06, 2016, 08:05:45 am
That kid that lost to mountainburg out of the lowly 4-2a is gonna rule the 8....must be a bad year for the mighty 8-2a
HF almost seems like that came off as you taking it that he's sorry or something?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: heavyhittaz_7 on March 06, 2016, 07:20:05 pm
HF almost seems like that came off as you taking it that he's sorry or something?

Welllll, losing to Mountainburg did not make much of a statement to the rest of 2A.

THA TRUTH

Doesn't matter he is the best player in 2a

HorseFeathers

Quote from: THA TRUTH on March 07, 2016, 08:48:40 am
Doesn't matter he is the best player in 2a

And will have a first round exit in thebplayoffs again?

THA TRUTH

Doesn't make him not the best player... Can't help he is a hermitage

heavyhittaz_7

Quote from: HF on March 07, 2016, 09:12:16 am
And will have a first round exit in thebplayoffs again?
always a hater around somewhere. I Doubt he has a first round exit this coming up year.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: THA TRUTH on March 07, 2016, 09:48:56 am
Doesn't make him not the best player... Can't help he is a hermitage

Sure he can...Warren is literally right there lol

THA TRUTH

So ur saying leave the school that would prolly drop football if u leave to go elsewhere???

HorseFeathers

Quote from: THA TRUTH on March 07, 2016, 08:24:13 pm
So ur saying leave the school that would prolly drop football if u leave to go elsewhere???

Why not?

THA TRUTH

If that situation was in hector u would say differently

HorseFeathers

Quote from: THA TRUTH on March 07, 2016, 08:28:22 pm
If that situation was in hector u would say differently

Hector dropped football just 7 years ago, lack of numbers. You guys say Thomas is the only thing they have, I wouldn't hold it against any body wanting to go somewhere where they would have a chance to win.

THA TRUTH

He has a chance to win at hermitage to since 2a has fallen as far as it has and those kids do to just cause of him so I think it shows more character going about it the way he has rather than just leaving friends high and dry

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: THA TRUTH on March 07, 2016, 08:57:49 pm
He has a chance to win at hermitage to since 2a has fallen as far as it has and those kids do to just cause of him so I think it shows more character going about it the way he has rather than just leaving friends high and dry

I don't understand where you get or why you say that 2A has fallen so far. The 6-2A had more players sign scholarships this past year than I ever remember in one year

THA TRUTH

Competition is no where near and the exposure is better now there are guys I played against and with that would sign if they had the exposure kids do now and just to add this the des arc team of 08 would have mercy rules most teams and easily won state this last year

heavyhittaz_7

Quote from: THA TRUTH on March 07, 2016, 08:57:49 pm
+1

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: THA TRUTH on March 07, 2016, 09:08:46 pm
Competition is no where near and the exposure is better now there are guys I played against and with that would sign if they had the exposure kids do now and just to add this the des arc team of 08 would have mercy rules most teams and easily won state this last year

Nope. I'm not sure the 08 team would beat this past season team, much less mercy rule them.

THA TRUTH

I've seen both and they didn't have an Eli Cohen or Ronald Dunlap ( I thinks that's his first name) Brent Calhoun Tripp guess or the first Hollingsworth qb and this years team would've struggled to beat the worst Jc team in since 1997

HorseFeathers

Quote from: THA TRUTH on March 08, 2016, 07:54:39 am
I've seen both and they didn't have an Eli Cohen or Ronald Dunlap ( I thinks that's his first name) Brent Calhoun Tripp guess or the first Hollingsworth qb and this years team would've struggled to beat the worst Jc team in since 1997

Junction city have up how many rushing yards to Conway christian again?

THA TRUTH

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: THA TRUTH on March 08, 2016, 07:54:39 am

This team had WAY more speed and just as much size. It did have Eli's "little" brother on the line. I'm  pretty certain I saw both teams more than you did. You did get their names right though.

THA TRUTH

But quality of players isn't the same and I'm trying to give credit to the 08 team cause I know the 08 dragons would've mercy ruled everyone including McCory and just to make it seem like I'm not just a Jc guy here the 05 Charleston team would've won easily along with the 07 bearden bears and mt Ida lions

HorseFeathers

I know its an analogy, but 05 Charleston would be playing with 3a numbers in 2a....kinda like junction city the last few years

mr.gametime

I would much rather have years like last year where you have about 8 really good teams that are equally good and could  probably each beat each other on any giving night in the playoffs.....than have just 1 0r 2 teams that was so dominant you knew nobody was gone beat them and they were going to win state...if you ask me...years like that is when the 2A is down as a whole.

THA TRUTH

March 08, 2016, 12:02:13 pm #30 Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 12:03:52 pm by THA TRUTH
Quote from: HF on March 08, 2016, 11:52:54 am
I know its an analogy, but 05 Charleston would be playing with 3a numbers in 2a....kinda like junction city the last few years
[/quote

Ok then suffice u how bout 04 Rison 03 Jc and then the first 2 of the last 3 Jc titles

THA TRUTH

Quote from: mr.gametime on March 08, 2016, 11:57:18 am
I would much rather have years like last year where you have about 8 really good teams that are equally good and could  probably each beat each other on any giving night in the playoffs.....than have just 1 0r 2 teams that was so dominant you knew nobody was gone beat them and they were going to win state...if you ask me...years like that is when the 2A is down as a whole.

Talent has dropped in 2a a lot just from 2012 to now then u had Gurdon Carlisle bearden & Jc and any of those would've ran away with the title this year

Rida4Life

1. Harmony Grove
2. Rison
3. Bearden
4. Hermitage
5. Anybody's guess.......
Hampton will be back and good but young
Chapel has issues with O-D line depth and will have to break in a new QB
Strong is getting smaller by the day but always seems to find a way to compete for a playoff spot
Woodlawn... shouldn't be very good.. didn't field a Jr High 2 years ago and they weren't very competitive last year...

#72 Bearden Bear

Honestly I don't care what happens next year, my son graduates in May. With that being said, I don't see Bearden making the playoffs again next year. Everyone has got them up around #3 or #4 in the conference, but what is going to change from last year to this coming year. They loss 3 offensive linemen, they're best receiver is graduating,(hardly had the ball thrown to him), a qb that can't make up his mind whether to run or throw the ball, a running back that was never the same after getting knocked out at HG, and defensive backs that can't hang with anyone. The only thing they got going for them is Berry (aka Little Sproles) running back punts, and Porter at lb. It's just my opinion but I don't see the Bears going anywhere.

Jesus Saves

Bearden is going to struggle again for sure.  The lineman they lost should be easily replaced but the skill positions just don't seem to be there now.... The games last year were like attending a pillow fight.  It's sad but it's true.  It was fun while it lasted!

heavyhittaz_7

Quote from: Rida4Life on March 10, 2016, 01:22:43 pm
1. Harmony Grove
2. Rison
3. Bearden
4. Hermitage
5. Anybody's guess.......
Hampton will be back and good but young
Chapel has issues with O-D line depth and will have to break in a new QB
Strong is getting smaller by the day but always seems to find a way to compete for a playoff
Woodlawn... shouldn't be very good.. didn't field a Jr High 2 years ago and they weren't very competitive last year...
what does HG have coming back for you to put them at 1. They're losing there best player which was the QB and just watching film on the last year I didn't see much more.

THA TRUTH

Let's just say I'm the scrimmage last year Jc had no trouble with them but again it was just a scrimmage

Backwoods Bart

The upside for Bearden is that just about very other team will struggle too, that being said, I think that is where the 3 or 4 slot comes in and that should be obtainable if a RB steps up. Their LB corp and DE's will impress this year. Big questions remain with their line, but overall, with all of the play time the sophs got last year, should pay off this year for this team. Glass half full  ;)   

#72 Bearden Bear

Well if Bearden expects to make the playoffs, its going to be up to the qb. He's not Show, Lowe or Jamond, those days are over. He took a lot of hits last year and I hope he learned from that. He's got to make quicker decisions, or he'll end up on his back a lot again. From what I can tell, he likes basketball more than football. Also, if the Bears plan on winning any games, they better remember there are 2 halfs to play. They blew big leads in 2 games last year when they came out flat in the 2nd half.

Backwoods Bart

March 26, 2016, 07:23:25 am #39 Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 07:25:55 am by Backwoods Bart
Quote from: #72 Bearden Bear on March 25, 2016, 05:37:15 am
Well if Bearden expects to make the playoffs, its going to be up to the qb. He's not Show, Lowe or Jamond, those days are over. He took a lot of hits last year and I hope he learned from that. He's got to make quicker decisions, or he'll end up on his back a lot again. From what I can tell, he likes basketball more than football. Also, if the Bears plan on winning any games, they better remember there are 2 halfs to play. They blew big leads in 2 games last year when they came out flat in the 2nd half.

Berry is talented, be it the lack of depth at RB or whatever, I would move him to RB, and bring up the back up QB (who is a very good roll out, run/pass QB). Jesus saves is critical of the sr. linemen (all of two on the O/L) and how easy it will be to replace them. Not so fast, It took the underclassman center 3 games last year to learn to snap the ball instead of roll it to the QB, and anyone who was at the Lafayette Co., or the CHG game saw that first hand. Line men that could not remember their assignments that left gaping holes and a lack of discipline that left Berry running for his life all season long, and they are back Jesus Saves.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: unbiased_fan on March 28, 2016, 08:36:35 am
From what I understand, Bearden was playing as many as 9 sophomores at a given time last year.  They will be much better, just based on physical development alone.  Jr High wasn't as good last year though so that 10th grade class may be all they have on campus.

How did the junior high teams finish in district this year?

WonderWartHawg

Quote from: heavyhittaz_7 on March 05, 2016, 01:07:07 am
rison losing a lot of seniors

Rison loses seniors every year.
Until someone proves they can knock Rison off the hill, I'm going to have to stay with Rison.
'Hank' Henry will one of the top backs in 2A.

THA TRUTH

Not like this last year Rison was senior heavy especially when I talk about the talented players

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: unbiased_fan on March 30, 2016, 10:26:44 am
Rison is a factory though.

What do they make at this factory you speak of?

Rida4Life

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on March 30, 2016, 11:26:43 pm
What do they make at this factory you speak of?

.... Monsters!

Hornet4ever

Risons conference to lose in my opinon, CHG in a close battle. Monta Thomas probably shows his flash during regular season, but loses once again in the first round of the playoffs.

WonderWartHawg

Quote from: Hornet4ever on April 02, 2016, 01:25:02 pm
Risons conference to lose in my opinon, CHG in a close battle. Monta Thomas probably shows his flash during regular season, but loses once again in the first round of the playoffs.

Yeah, I think it's Rison and CHG for the top two spots, maybe not in that order.
CHG has fielded some pretty tough teams over the last few years, but Rison has usually won a hard fought game with them. I figure the winner of this matchup wins the conference this year.

IF Hermitage had any help for Monta Thomas, they could make some noise.

THA TRUTH

Rison lost a ton chg did also so monta is up for possible conference title

WonderWartHawg

Quote from: THA TRUTH on June 02, 2016, 08:28:03 am
Rison lost a ton chg did also so monta is up for possible conference title

Rison's replacements did get some experience last year.
They will probably be alright.
First three games are tough, as usual - playing up in class all three.
2 3a's and a 4a.
They get through that and they will be ready for conference.

THA TRUTH

Lack of depth is what will hurt hermitage against Rison and their ball control game cause monta could name how many points he wants to score just about like last year

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas