• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Union Christian football

Started by Hornet4ever, January 12, 2016, 03:47:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hornet4ever

Union Christian Academy in Fort Smith is dropping its normal 11 man football program and going to 8 man football. Lack of numbers has really hurt them the last two years. Not sure what there non-conference schedule looked like this season but if your team had them they are now off.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Hornet4ever on January 12, 2016, 03:47:10 pm
Union Christian Academy in Fort Smith is dropping its normal 11 man football program and going to 8 man football. Lack of numbers has really hurt them the last two years. Not sure what there non-conference schedule looked like this season but if your team had them they are now off.

They going to the Oklahoma 8 man league, or the private school league here in Arkansas?

Hornet4ever

Quote from: HF on January 12, 2016, 05:20:20 pm
Quote from: Hornet4ever on January 12, 2016, 03:47:10 pm

They going to the Oklahoma 8 man league, or the private school league here in Arkansas?

I have no idea.

purpleswag

Time for Arkansas to get an 8 man league!

HorseFeathers

Private schools already have one....Conway Christian played in it before joining the AAA...

I think, but don't hold me to it..Arkansas Christian(Bryant), Southwest Christian(Little Rock), Ridgway Christian(Pine Bluff), and Arkansas School for teh deaf play 8 man...

x14113

January 13, 2016, 04:17:46 pm #5 Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 04:19:58 pm by x14113
Just saw via Twitter that Union will be joining the OCSAA starting next school year.

I knew something had to happen, especially with its noticeable dip in numbers of late.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: x14113 on January 13, 2016, 04:17:46 pm
Just saw via Twitter that Union will be joining the OCSAA starting next school year.

I knew something had to happen, especially with its noticeable dip in numbers of late.

For football or all sports??

x14113

Judging by how the instant-eligibility angle is being touted, I'm thinking this is for all sports.

HorseFeathers

Hornet4ever

I would much rather be apart of 11 man football and be involved with the AAA statewide involved sports. Just me though. I figured Union would do this eventually. When they originally came about back in 2008-2009? There football team wasn't bad. Had good numbers and was always competitive. I heard a rumor that the only reason the school hasn't shut down was because of some very generous donations from a couple of families in Fort Smith. I knew they were in some trouble because the lack of enrollment has been an issue the last couple of years. 12-13 players on the football team is tough to play with.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Hornet4ever on January 13, 2016, 08:13:16 pm
I would much rather be apart of 11 man football and be involved with the AAA statewide involved sports. Just me though. I figured Union would do this eventually. When they originally came about back in 2008-2009? There football team wasn't bad. Had good numbers and was always competitive. I heard a rumor that the only reason the school hasn't shut down was because of some very generous donations from a couple of families in Fort Smith. I knew they were in some trouble because the lack of enrollment has been an issue the last couple of years. 12-13 players on the football team is tough to play with.

The talk of a new Catholic high school in ft smith hass to have them worried...

Hornet4ever

Quote from: HF on January 13, 2016, 08:17:42 pm

But they aren't catholic.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Hornet4ever on January 13, 2016, 08:22:36 pm

I know, but gotta figure a well funded private church based school would probably finish off union Christian

Hornet4ever

Quote from: HF on January 13, 2016, 08:22:44 pm
Quote from: Hornet4ever on January 13, 2016, 08:22:36 pm

I know, but gotta figure a well funded private church based school would probably finish off union Christian

I know what you mean. I was just being annoying. Lol

OB11

Didn't Union Christian win a state baseball championship 5 or 6 years ago?

Hornet4ever

Quote from: OliverBoy11 on January 14, 2016, 09:14:46 am
Didn't Union Christian win a state baseball championship 5 or 6 years ago?

Seems like I remember that happening.

OB11

I think they played in the finals in like 4A and then dropped all the way down to 1A the next year because of rules changing on enrollment/private schools and won it.  That may be totally wrong...someone correct me if it is please.

x14113

The reason Union spent one cycle in 4A was because it took up the combined enrollment of both its predecessors (FSC/RVC).

However, for whatever reason, Union's own enrollment was never any larger than either of their predecessors, thus the two-class drop.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas