• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7-AA in 2016

Started by M.I. D, November 29, 2015, 11:33:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

M.I. D

What does everyone have coming back? Mount Ida looses a qb, and the rest of their starting backfiield but return all but one offensive lineman that started in the playoffs. We have some good backs that will be juniors and sophomores. We return all our d line a corner and lb. I think we will be a strong contender in the 7aa again.

I know LC looses several seniors . Gurdon is moving to aaa with Mtn Pine taking their place.

tacklethis...

On defense Dierks will be good. We have alot of returning starters and several reserves that played alot. We lost a corner, a safety, an end and linebacker...
Filling the secondary up will be the defenses only issues.

On offense we lose the schools all time leading rusher, a very athletic receiver, QB, and I think 3 linemen. Offense will be the weaker side early on.

I think with the loss of Gurdon, and the loss of the better skill players in the conference this team can also compete for a top spot.

Bigpoppie

LC loses several seniors right.  They had 15 total SRS including Burks.  I think they only had 4 srs playing on offense tho.  They lose two off the line and Burks and Qb. There was also a JR who played on the line alot. Defensively they had 4 or 5 seniors starting.  So if they can replace the QB and Burks they should be ok.  They have all the other skill guys and speed returning.   Burks is irreplaceable not doubt.  They will be a big blow to that offense.  He accounted for alot of tds.  These other skill guys will have to step up big to cary the load.

Pat Swilling

Surely Mineral Springs will be back in the thick of it.  Ready for Hornets to get back on track.

M.I. D

Quote from: Bigpoppie on November 30, 2015, 08:29:48 am
LC loses several seniors right.  They had 15 total SRS including Burks.  I think they only had 4 srs playing on offense tho.  They lose two off the line and Burks and Qb. There was also a JR who played on the line alot. Defensively they had 4 or 5 seniors starting.  So if they can replace the QB and Burks they should be ok.  They have all the other skill guys and speed returning.   Burks is irreplaceabl not doubt.  They will be a big blow to that offense.  He accounted for alot of tds.  These other skill guys will have to step up big to cary the load.

I know 15 was a jr. Is 8 a jr?

tacklethis...

Quote from: Pat Swilling on November 30, 2015, 10:40:10 am
Surely Mineral Springs will be back in the thick of it.  Ready for Hornets to get back on track.

I think it's one more year but they will be much improved.

Bigpoppie

yes all those skill guys at lc were jrs except for burks

M.I. D

Good. The conference should  be solid next year for the top 2-3 teams. I like Mount Ida's schedule because all the teams that should be good will have to come to Mount Ida.

LadyCougar

LC is going to struggle a little going into the season without Burks and the other Senior's but I believe they will find their groove. The D has always been weak for LC but without #6, #20, and #51 it's going to be even more challenging for them. Offensively in LC favor they will still have #8, #11, and #9 who has some speed.
#15 will have to show what he is really made of. LC will also have some soph's that will prove essential. #8 has a brother coming who has undeniable speed and vision you don't see on many sophomores

whoknows

I fully expect Mt Ida to win the conference next year...I think the rest is up for grabs...

whoknows

I think the 7 was a little stronger this year than a few of us thought...but with Gurdon leaving and some hugextra holes to fill on some teams...I feel as though the conference will be down...

stuck in between

purplehajj

Mount Ida returns a lot next year don't they?

tacklethis...

Quote from: stuck in between on December 08, 2015, 08:30:45 am
Year of the Gator !!!!

I think the Gators are two years away. That is if they continue to improve.

M.I. D

Quote from: purplehajj on December 08, 2015, 10:44:38 am
Mount Ida returns a lot next year don't they?

Almost all the offense and d line. We will have all new skill players on offense and a couple new lb a corner and s on defense. We have some kids that can be good that will play rb/lb the next few years.

monster_island

The rest of the 7-2A will have a hard time competing with Mt. Ida for the next few years.

panther07

Quote from: tacklethis... on December 08, 2015, 07:09:36 pm
Year of the Gator !!!!

With Foreman getting qb back healthy, who is also their best safety, and the 9th grade class who has been throttling teams moving up, I think they will be the 2 seed with LC losing studs and Gurdon moving up.  They will make some noise.

iamfields

Mt. Ida was the team McCrory was most worried about. Too bad it rained and both teams didn't really get to shine. We'll see you again next year.

Pat Swilling

With Gurdon leaving and LC losing big senior class which team has most athletes now?

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: panther07 on December 09, 2015, 09:10:42 am
Quote from: tacklethis... on December 08, 2015, 07:09:36 pm
Year of the Gator !!!!

With Foreman getting qb back healthy, who is also their best safety, and the 9th grade class who has been throttling teams moving up, I think they will be the 2 seed with LC losing studs and Gurdon moving up.  They will make some noise.
Foreman is also getting a stud linebacker from Camden Harmony Grove, this will sure help the defense next year. 

Pat Swilling

Hornet4ever

Pat Swilling

I've just never seen the Hornets stay down long.

Hornet4ever

bigworm

Mountain Pine will dominate the 7.  ;D

Bigpoppie

LC is losing a big sr class but only 4 starters on offense.  They will still have all skill guys back except Burks.

young_gun

After getting to see Mt Ida play the past two years they will be good for years to come. They are not flashy but one of the most physical teams Danville played this year. They are scrappy and though they were a little outmatched hit us in the mouth in jr high and kept it close to take it to overtime. Other than losing to Booneville there wasn't another game that Danville was in question of losing. Mt Ida is well coached and will 3 yards and a cloud of dust put you to sleep to only break one on the outside or with a play action pass. Look for them to win the conference the next few years if they continue to improve.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas