• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Conference predictions

Started by ZestyJester, August 31, 2018, 01:29:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ZestyJester

Basketball season is still a couple months away but lets get some preseason talk going. Theres new conferences everywhere so lets try and pick the finish for each of them.

In case you dont know here are the new conferences

2A1
Ark Arts academy
Cotter
Decatur
Eureka springs
Flippin
Has hall Bentonville
Has hall Fayetteville
Yellville Summitt

2a3
Bay
Bic
Marmaduke
Melbourne
Rector
Riverside
Salem
Sloan hendrix

2a6
Barton
Clarendon
Cross county
Earle
Epc
Kipp delta
Lee
Marked tree
McCrory

2a5n
Conway Christian
Desert arc
Nemo Vista
Pang burn
Quitan
Ss bee branch
St Joseph
Wcc

2a5s
Bigelow
Carlisle
Cutter morning star
England
Hazen
Magnet cove
Maumee chatter
Poyen

2a4
Danville
Hackett
Hector
Lavaca
Magazine
Jc Westside

2a7
Acorn
Cossatot
Dierks
Foreman
Gurdon
Horatio
Mt ida
Murfreesboro

2a8
Bearden
Fordyce
Hampton
Camden harmony Grove
Junction city
Lafayette
Parkers Chapel
Spring Hill
Woodlawn

ZestyJester

In 2a4 I got

1. Lavaca
2. Danville
3. Hector
4. Mountain burg
5. Hackett
6. Magazine
7. Jc westside

baller334

2A-3
Bay
BIC
Sloan Hendrix
Marmaduke
Riverside
Rector
Salem
Melbourne

LeftyWorld

We talking girls or boys here???

ZestyJester

baller334

Quote from: baller334 on August 31, 2018, 04:07:49 pm
2A-3 Boys
Bay
BIC
Sloan Hendrix
Marmaduke
Riverside
Rector
Salem
Melbourne

Brucewayne

PapaHog

2a8 is BAD wrong. That's just somebody putting teams somewhere that doesn't know.

hogman1886

Quote from: PapaHog on September 01, 2018, 04:16:20 pm
2a8 is BAD wrong. That's just somebody putting teams somewhere that doesn't know.

Yep. LC is going to run that conference this year.

old.dole

Laf county will be solid but so will jc Bearden and Pc. There are a few others in that league that could make some noise as well

Eagles

2a7 Boys                                       2a7 Girls

Foreman                                        Cossatot
Dierks                                           Murfreesboro
Gurdon                                          Acorn
Horatio                                          Mt. Ida
Acorn                                            Horatio
Cossatot                                        Gurdon
Murfreesboro                                 Dierks
Mt. Ida                                          Foreman

This conference in boys is way down. The girls side is better, at least they'll compete well in regionals.

PapaHog

I don't see Woodlawn being last and I don't see Harmony Grove finishing that high. Lafayette County has the talent to compete...I wouldn't say they will run the conference. This conference is loaded. Absolutely loaded.

Ice Water

LeftyWorld

2A 5S

Boys.                                       Girls
England.                                Carlisle
Cutter                                    Bigelow
Maumelle Charter.                   England
Poyen.                                    Poyen
Magnet Cove.                         Magnet Cove
Carlisle.                                  Maumelle Charter
Hazen.                                   Cutter
Bigelow.                                Hazen

In boys I think England is clearly the favorite with the next 3-4 schools all battling. In Girls I think it's a toss up between Carlisle, Bigelow, and England. Then Poyen rounding out the top 4.

LeftyWorld

Quote from: Eagles on September 02, 2018, 09:24:03 am

This conference in boys is way down. The girls side is better, at least they'll compete well in regionals.

Solid picks

Lionroar

I don't agree with the girls side. I believe Acorn and Mt. Ida will be higher than that. Mt. Ida is returning everyone from a team that made it to State last year and Acorn is always good no matter what they have.

Basketballfan13

Quote from: Lionroar on September 04, 2018, 12:45:41 pm
I don't agree with the girls side. I believe Acorn and Mt. Ida will be higher than that. Mt. Ida is returning everyone from a team that made it to State last year and Acorn is always good no matter what they have.
Jackson is out for Acorn until at least January I believe.

hillbillyball

Quote from: Lionroar on September 04, 2018, 12:45:41 pm
Quote from: Basketballfan13 on September 04, 2018, 01:30:23 pm

That will hurt Acorn girls for awhile then, they'll still be decent and not to be taken lightly though. Coach Jackson does a good job with what he has.

Eagles

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on September 04, 2018, 01:30:23 pm

That's why I placed them 3rd. It'll be a tougher early on in conference, but I feel they'll still be good enough to beat most of their conference foes.

Bosshog34

I agree with your picks on the boys side except I could see any of the top 6 finishing in any order.  The boys side are all competitive with each other in the conference but they will all struggle when it comes time for regionals.  Girls side will be Cossatot River, Acorn, Mt Ida, and Murfreesboro.  Not sure on the order of finish. 

hogman1886

This is my prediction for 2a8

2a8 Boys                                                   2a 8 girls
Lafayette                                                   Camden Harmony Grove     
Fordyce                                                     Fordyce
Woodlawn                                                 Springhill
Bearden                                                    Parkers Chapel
Camden Harmony Grove                             Junction City
Hampton                                                   Woodlawn
Junction City                                              Hampton
Parkers Chapel                                           Lafayette
Spring Hill                                                  Bearden

LeftyWorld

You have woodlawn girls kind of low. Depending on what kind of shooting night they have I can see their speed and high tempo being trouble for some teams to handle an entire 4 quarters. They live and die by the 3 though which makes them beatable and almost unbeatable any given night.

PapaHog

Hogman, for some reason it put all of your predictions on one list. Possibly because I'm viewing from mobile..

ballmember

baller334

The girls will definitely be exciting and I think it will be a toss up between Melbourne
Riverside and Marmaduke

hogman1886

Quote from: LeftyWorld on September 06, 2018, 09:53:51 am
You have Woodlawn girls kind of low. Depending on what kind of shooting night they have I can see their speed and high tempo being trouble for some teams to handle an entire 4 quarters. They live and die by the 3 though which makes them beatable and almost unbeatable any given night.

That is why I put them so low. The inconsistency makes them a toss-up. They could easily finish top 3 if not high but living or dying by the 3 ball is way to risky in my opinion.

Flobbito

2a5n  boys                                    girls
WCC                                             Quitman
Quitman                                        Pangburn
Conway Christian                           Conway Christian
Pangburn                                       Des Arc
St. Joseph                                      WCC
Nemo                                             Nemo
SS Bee Branch                                 St. Joseph
Des Arc                                            Bee Branch

hogman1886

Quote from: hogman1886 on September 06, 2018, 09:17:10 am
This is my prediction for 2a8

2a8 Boys
Lafayette 
Fordyce
Woodlawn
Bearden
Camden Harmony Grove
Hampton
Junction City
Parkers Chapel
Spring Hill

2a8 Girls
CHG
Fordyce
Springhill
Parkers Chapel
Junction City
Woodlawn
Hampton
Lafayette
Bearden

For Mobile Views.

RedWolf275

Quote from: baller334 on September 06, 2018, 07:48:28 pm
The girls will definitely be exciting and I think it will be a toss up between Melbourne
Riverside and Marmaduke

Riverside down to eight players. I don't see them battling for conference championship but they still should be a regional qualifier.

baller334

Seriously!!! What happen there, I mean depending on which eight they have could still be very good.

old.dole

You really think junction and Pc will finish in the bottom 3 of that conference?

Ctucker

Quote from: hogman1886 on September 07, 2018, 08:21:29 am
That is why I put them so low. The inconsistency makes them a toss-up. They could easily finish top 3 if not high but living or dying by the 3 ball is way to risky in my opinion.
Quote from: Flobbito on September 07, 2018, 08:26:13 am
2a5n  boys                                    girls
WCC                                             Quitman
Quitman                                        Pangburn
Conway Christian                           Conway Christian
Pangburn                                       Des Arc
St. Joseph                                      WCC
Nemo                                             Nemo
SS Bee Branch                                 St. Joseph
Des Arc                                            Bee Branch
i think boys will be between WCC and Quitman! But u have WCC way to hi in girls!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Ctucker on September 08, 2018, 01:32:43 pm
i think boys will be between WCC and Quitman! But u have WCC way to hi in girls!

If Des Arc girls stay healthy, they will be in the running. Return pretty much the entire team from last season, plus a starter who missed all year, plus had a nice 9th grade class last year. They did very well at summer camps.

As for our boys, who knows. We have began a new era with a new coach who at least practiced the team all summer.

hogman1886

Quote from: old.dole on September 08, 2018, 10:04:04 am
You really think junction and Pc will finish in the bottom 3 of that conference?

Junction could be higher but PC has nothing left. I think they will have a rough couple of year coming up. Lost PG, SG, SF, and the 6'10" Center. They only return their PF. They will struggle. JC lost all of its guard play. The Post Players they have are the best in the conference but if you can't get them the ball you will struggle. JC has a chance to finish higher but I think they will be low.

This conference is crazy you could put 1-6 in any order. 2 teams will be left out of the regional tournament in this conference that would make it if in another conference.

thebigman3

Quote from: Ctucker on September 08, 2018, 01:32:43 pm
I'd be surprised if WCC or Quitman does not win this conference with boys, but I'm going to take Pangburn girls to win the conference this year.

thebigman3

Did Bearden lose anyone in boys?

SouthBall

Quote from: hogman1886 on September 10, 2018, 05:12:45 pm
Junction could be higher but PC has nothing left. I think they will have a rough couple of year coming up. Lost PG, SG, SF, and the 6'10" Center. They only return their PF. They will struggle. JC lost all of its guard play. The Post Players they have are the best in the conference but if you can't get them the ball you will struggle. JC has a chance to finish higher but I think they will be low.

This conference is crazy you could put 1-6 in any order. 2 teams will be left out of the regional tournament in this conference that would make it if in another conference.
They´re losing most of their starters but the depth from last year is still there, people will just have to step up and fill new roles and i think that group of boys is more than capable to win district again. They got used to running the south last year and have a good chance to do it again.

SouthBall

2a8 Boys
1. Parkers Chapel
2. Fordyce
3. Lafeyette
4. Bearden
5. Hampton
6. Junction City
7. Harmony Grove
8. Woodlawn
9. Springhill

old.dole

Bearden lost berry, old Hughes, marks, and their 6th man. They bring back the big mcwhorter boy and another forward that came off the bench along with the 9th grader they moved up. They got another nice 9th grader from last year too. They will be salty again

leaderofthepack10

2A-3 Boys                                           2A-3 Girls
1. Bay                                                              1. Melbourne
2. BIC                                                              2. Marmaduke
3. Sloan Hendrix                                               3. Riverside
4. Rector                                                          4. Salem
5. Riverside                                                      5. Sloan Hendrix
6. Marmaduke                                                  6. BIC
7. Salem                                                          7. Rector
8. Melbourne                                                    8. Bay has no SR girls team I heard

thebigman3

Quote from: old.dole on September 11, 2018, 03:31:42 pm
Bearden lost berry, old Hughes, marks, and their 6th man. They bring back the big mcwhorter boy and another forward that came off the bench along with the 9th grader they moved up. They got another nice 9th grader from last year too. They will be salty again
Last year they were definitely very good, and I would like to see them be good this year.

Flobbito

Quote from: SouthBall on September 11, 2018, 10:11:49 am
2a8 Boys
1. Parkers Chapel
2. Fordyce
3. Lafeyette
4. Bearden
5. Hampton
6. Junction City
7. Harmony Grove
8. Woodlawn
9. Springhill

With everything PC lost from last year, what is your thinking on their boys team topping the conference?

old.dole

Lots of young talent on that team that only got better going against the ones that graduated last year. Sophomores and juniors were both conference runner ups in jh they may not finish first but they most definitely will not finish next to last

trojanman

2a8 boys

1. Bearden- lose top 2 scorers and floor general, bring back shooter with range, physical post man and I'll pick them to finish first in the regular season
2. JC- bring back best post player in the league, guard play is the question mark here. I'll take them #2 in the regular season and could finish 1st
3. PC- My Trojans lose a ton but bring back a ton. Game experience will be the weakness but I believe they will finish the second half of the season strong
4. LC- very athletic but also undisciplined. New Coach and a good junior high moving up put them in the 4 spot for me
5. Fordyce- Athletes, young last year and will be improved, can they cause enough turnovers to win?
6. Woodlawn- live and die by the 3 can they stay hot enough to win a bunch of games?
7. Hampton- return everyone from last year and will be better but I don't think it will be enough this year with a new coach.
8. Grove- have heard they may have some guys playing that didn't play last year and they will need them. If true they should finish a little higher
9. Springhill- will be improved but outgunned. I think they can win some games just not enough to keep them out of the bottom

birddawg1986

2A 6 Boys:(District Tournament will be @ Marked Tree

1. Earle: 3 peat champs looking for 4. Crowder, Cisero, Smith are enough to win. Without Billy Murray can new coach push right buttons.
2. Marked Tree: Brown, Brown & Johnson provide scoring. The #16 player in the class of 2021 transfer in (Israel Malone 6'3 lefty reminds you of
                        Doolittle of Earle, Harrisburg transfer Brennan Honeycutt also 10th grader sharpshooter who played up for Harrisburg last season.
3. Clarendon: Maleek Cartwright, Maleek Cartwright, Maleek Cartwright. Will be the best player in the conference Not sure how good guard play will be.
4. EPC: Still have Bush, Gilmore + 10th grader Rains. Will be very competitive.
5. Barton: 16-8 last year not sure what's coming back but dropping classifications could be the surprise team of the new conference.
6. McCrory: 8-13 last season new coach I believe
7. Cross Co: 5-18 last season under first-year coach Tony Jones.
8. Kipp Delta: 5-18 in 2018.
9. Mariana Lee: 3-20 in 2018

hogman1886

Quote from: trojanman on September 13, 2018, 02:26:12 pm
2a8 boys

1. Bearden- lose top 2 scorers and floor general, bring back shooter with range, physical postman and I'll pick them to finish first in the regular season
2. JC- bring back best post player in the league, guard play is the question mark here. I'll take them #2 in the regular season and could finish 1st
3. PC- My Trojans lose a ton but bring back a ton. Game experience will be the weakness but I believe they will finish the second half of the season strong
4. LC- very athletic but also undisciplined. New Coach and a good junior high moving up put them in the 4 spot for me
5. Fordyce- Athletes, young last year and will be improved, can they cause enough turnovers to win?
6. Woodlawn- live and die by the 3 can they stay hot enough to win a bunch of games?
7. Hampton- return everyone from last year and will be better but I don't think it will be enough this year with a new coach.
8. Grove- have heard they may have some guys playing that didn't play last year and they will need them. If true they should finish a little higher
9. Springhill- will be improved but outgunned. I think they can win some games just not enough to keep them out of the bottom

I don't see PC finishing that high. I think they will struggle. Looking back at the few games I saw them play late in the season it looked like the Dawson kid scored or made 75% of their points possible. They will struggle on defense. The 6'10" kid was a threat everytime someone drove. They won't have that this year. They lost their best shooter. They will have a few younger guys step up, but I don't think it will be enough in this conference(this year). I see them finishing bottom half of the conference.

I could see Bearden and JC doing well but LC will be much improved. I heard they will run a full court run and jump which could cause trouble for some team because of the depth that they will have.

I think Woodlawn and HG could create problems for people. HG did lose 2 big time scorers and their big man but they played a lot of young guys. If you are right and they can pull a few from the football team they will make some noise. They have athletes everywhere on the football field. Woodlawn, as you said, lives and dies by the 3 and will beat some people they shouldn't but then lose to a team they should beat.

I think Young at Hampton will get the Bulldogs firing on all cylinders and they will also have a good run. With everyone coming back, I don't see how they couldn't upset a few teams and slide up a few spots.

CoachWhoever

PC is well coached. Langley always finds a way to get more out of his guys than he should. I expect them to be middle to upper parts of the conference. Their biggest challenge is going to be defensively. They weren't great defensively last year with the big man off the floor. They won't be the same offensively, but if they can figure out who they are on the other side of the ball, then they will be fine.

hogtastics

2A 5South

BOYS
CMS
England
Maumelle Charter
Poyen
Magnet Cove
Carlisle
Bigelow
Hazen

GIRLS
Carlisle
Bigelow
Poyen
CMS
England
Magnet Cove
Hazen
Maumelle Charter

old.dole

Switch England and cutter in the boys. England returns some really good players off a state tournament team

Cheek

Quote from: old.dole on October 06, 2018, 04:36:54 pm
Switch England and cutter in the boys. England returns some really good players off a state tournament team

England Boys and Girls dominated this conference in the past, and will again.  I expect England Boys will win conference,  and Bigelow and England girls will battle for the top spot on the Girls side.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas