• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pine Bluff

Started by Brian G, April 16, 2014, 08:49:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian G

School board voted tonight to split the AD job from the head football coach job.

Bolding will need to pick.

ricepig

Quote from: B.G. on April 16, 2014, 08:49:38 pm
School board voted tonight to split the AD job from the head football coach job.

Bolding will need to pick.

Or file a suit.

zebradynasty

I would not count on that being the final decision.

Brian G

5-2 vote it said in the article online.

I can see the need to make that the policy once you have an opening.  Seems prudent to "grandfather' him in an then make the change later.

Lionheart88

Are they trying to run him off?  That's a stupid move, especially with the Watson Chapel job having just opened up.  He wouldn't even need to move (in fact, I believe he'd cut a few miles off his commute).

Hogwild#9

ricepig

To be quite honest, a good AD can't do both jobs. A good AD is at every home game, match, or competition that his school's teams are at, and that includes the Jr Highs. He/She will also be at as many away competitions that don't conflict with a home event. It's just not possible for a HC to devote the time and energy in their sport, and make these events.

zebrafan

zebradynasty

Quote from: ricepig on April 17, 2014, 12:50:04 pm
To be quite honest, a good AD can't do both jobs. A good AD is at every home game, match, or competition that his school's teams are at, and that includes the Jr Highs. He/She will also be at as many away competitions that don't conflict with a home event. It's just not possible for a HC to devote the time and energy in their sport, and make these events.

Well I don't think an AD can be at every event still Bolding makes his rounds. The main thing is there's no evidence to show that other sports here are suffering because he can't be there. BB has some critics but IMO the job he's done here given the situation looking at the overall picture...he's one of the top 3 in the state! Some here are disappointed we don't have a championship trophy, me too, but some of the things he's done here you can't measure by a trophy. 

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on April 17, 2014, 03:09:55 pm

Well I don't think an AD can be at every event still Bolding makes his rounds. The main thing is there's no evidence to show that other sports here are suffering because he can't be there. BB has some critics but IMO the job he's done here given the situation looking at the overall picture...he's one of the top 3 in the state! Some here are disappointed we don't have a championship trophy, me too, but some of the things he's done here you can't measure by a trophy.

Why can't an AD be at every event? He can't if he's coaching the football team, but if he's not, he has a lot better chance of being there. I don't doubt Bolding does a great job, but you would have to be naive to think if being an AD was his only job, he would be a better one. There's only so many hours in a day, just makes sense.

Without knowing the politics behind this, one can only speculate the timing of the change.

Brian G

In larger schools, that has become the trend.  So many students/teams/games/rules to monitor.  The job used to not be so difficult.

zebradynasty

Quote from: ricepig on April 17, 2014, 03:16:45 pm

Why can't an AD be at every event? He can't if he's coaching the football team, but if he's not, he has a lot better chance of being there. I don't doubt Bolding does a great job, but you would have to be naive to think if being an AD was his only job, he would be a better one. There's only so many hours in a day, just makes sense.

Without knowing the politics behind this, one can only speculate the timing of the change.

Not sure why the logistics needs explaining but....there are times during the year where our baseball team might be in Eldorado but the track team might be in Lake Hamilton. The AD being at athletic events is important but not at all the events it's not practical.

Brian G

Z,

But at least he's more flexible if he's not coaching another sport.  Football coaches are busy a lot of the time besides just the Fall.  I know you know that. 

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on April 17, 2014, 03:39:11 pm

Not sure why the logistics needs explaining but....there are times during the year where our baseball team might be in Eldorado but the track team might be in Lake Hamilton. The AD being at athletic events is important but not at all the events it's not practical.

The only logistics you need to understand is that I said every home event. Our AD will sometimes be at a baseball, softball, and soccer match on the same day at the same time. Baseball and softball are easy as they are across the road from each other, while soccer would he at the high school.

zebradynasty

Home... away makes no difference being at every game all the time isn't necessary.

Lionheart88

Quote from: ricepig on April 17, 2014, 03:58:53 pm

The only logistics you need to understand is that I said every home event. Our AD will sometimes be at a baseball, softball, and soccer match on the same day at the same time. Baseball and softball are easy as they are across the road from each other, while soccer would he at the high school.

That's not true at PB though, baseball, softball, and soccer aren't that close together.  I've seen Bolding at many (probably most) of the PB soccer games I've reffed, and I understand he's a regular at basketball as well.  I'd guess he's probably at most of the school's home contests unless several are home on the same day and he has to pick one.

zebradynasty

Quote from: Lionheart88 on April 17, 2014, 04:22:20 pm
Quote from: ricepig on April 17, 2014, 03:58:53 pm

That's not true at PB though, baseball, softball, and soccer aren't that close together.  I've seen Bolding at many (probably most) of the PB soccer games I've reffed, and I understand he's a regular at basketball as well.  I'd guess he's probably at most of the school's home contests unless several are home on the same day and he has to pick one.

Him not attending games is not an issue I to have seen him at events other than football.

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on April 17, 2014, 04:08:21 pm
Home... away makes no difference being at every game all the time isn't necessary.

Something made them change it, but I understand why you haven't won any championships lately.

zebradynasty

Quote from: ricepig on April 17, 2014, 04:33:46 pm

Something made them change it, but I understand why you haven't won any championships lately.

If you know why then perhaps you should apply for the AD job if Bolding chooses coaching.

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on April 17, 2014, 04:36:10 pm

If you know why then perhaps you should apply for the AD job if Bolding chooses coaching.

No thanks, I've been to PB.

zebradynasty

Quote from: ricepig on April 17, 2014, 04:58:42 pm

Yeah that went bad for you did it! Got intimidated before, during, and after the game! 

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on April 17, 2014, 06:34:25 pm

Yeah that went bad for you did it! Got intimidated before, during, and after the game!

Nah, I don't play, I was talking about my parents lived there for 20 years. By the way, how many championships have y'all won lately?

zebradynasty

Quote from: ricepig on April 17, 2014, 06:46:05 pm

Nah, I don't play, I was talking about my parents lived there for 20 years. By the way, how many championships have y'all won lately?

How many players yall get thrown out of a games lately?

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on April 17, 2014, 06:52:14 pm

Less than the number of state championships our programs have earned this year alone.

zebradynasty

Quote from: ricepig on April 17, 2014, 06:54:46 pm

Less than the number of state championships our programs have earned this year alone.

I doubt it the sort of behavior I saw on the field appeared systemic!

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on April 17, 2014, 07:02:12 pm

Thuggery behavior would be something you are used to seeing at PB, I agree. I guess the player got caught up in the moment of being in PB. I'm pretty sure he's the only one to ever be kicked out of a game under Coleman, but if you wish to avoid the question asked, I understand your embarrassment.

zebradynasty

Quote from: ricepig on April 17, 2014, 07:07:40 pm

Thuggery behavior would be something you are used to seeing at PB, I agree. I guess the player got caught up in the moment of being in PB. I'm pretty sure he's the only one to ever be kicked out of a game under Coleman, but if you wish to avoid the question asked, I understand your embarrassment.

Why should PB be embarrassed for not winning a championship? There are several hundred schools in Arkansas in the same boat. If not winning championships is an embarrassment but acting a dang fool on the field to the point of players fighting coaches isn't....congratulations on your championship I guess you're a winner ???

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on April 17, 2014, 07:23:47 pm

Why should PB be embarrassed for not winning a championship? There are several hundred schools in Arkansas in the same boat. If not winning championships is an embarrassment but acting a dang fool on the field to the point of players fighting coaches isn't....congratulations on your championship I guess you're a winner ???

Players?? I believe it was one player, I didn't see it, you got film of it to prove the numbers? I have no defense for his action, I bet there has been a PB player thrown out of a game in the past. You care to bet on that?

The topic was about being a HC and AD, and about the other programs suffering. I just asked how many state championships PB had won this year with a dual HC/AD?

zebradynasty

Quote from: ricepig on April 17, 2014, 07:34:50 pm

Players?? I believe it was one player, I didn't see it, you got film of it to prove the numbers? I have no defense for his action, I bet there has been a PB player thrown out of a game in the past. You care to bet on that?

The topic was about being a HC and AD, and about the other programs suffering. I just asked how many state championships PB had won this year with a dual HC/AD?

No sorry I am not sure I've ever seen a PB get thrown out of game and then fight his own coach! But that fits your narrative of everything and everyone from PB being bad! I am trying think WHEN you think all this bad behavior on the field happen from PB ??? I haven't seen it under Bolding, Joe Hart didn't play even though toward the end of his tenure discipline declined. I know you're not suggesting that it happen under Glover! So that's over 20 years of PB football NEVER seen a player act like the fine representative from your team. You say he just lost his cool...REALLY ??? About as sorry of an excuse as the dog ate my homework.

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on April 17, 2014, 07:48:14 pm

No sorry I am not sure I've ever seen a PB get thrown out of game and then fight his own coach! But that fits your narrative of everything and everyone from PB being bad! I am trying think WHEN you think all this bad behavior on the field happen from PB ??? I haven't seen it under Bolding, Joe Hart didn't play even though toward the end of his tenure discipline declined. I know you're not suggesting that it happen under Glover! So that's over 20 years of PB football NEVER seen a player act like the fine representative from your team. You say he just lost his cool...REALLY ??? About as sorry of an excuse as the dog ate my homework.

Football the only sport in PB, and I bet there has been a player thrown out sometime in your history. Now, about the dog ate my homework, answer the question, or are you too embarrassed about the answer? We're talking about all sports, or does your AD only concern himself with football?

Look, the kid was a Sr and saw his season ending and lost from what I gather. Was it the appropriate behavior, nope, but was it a systemic behavior, no.

zebradynasty

Quote from: ricepig on April 17, 2014, 07:57:58 pm

Football the only sport in PB, and I bet there has been a player thrown out sometime in your history. Now, about the dog ate my homework, answer the question, or are you too embarrassed about the answer? We're talking about all sports, or does your AD only concern himself with football?

Look, the kid was a Sr and saw his season ending and lost from what I gather. Was it the appropriate behavior, nope, but was it a systemic behavior, no.

Go to the AAA website and look it up! It's amazing you sounded like the expert of the workings of PB Athletics but can't even say when you even heard of PB players acting like that. Instead it's something that you think, maybe, might, probably, could have happen in the over 100 years the school has been here. All while remaining apologetic about behavior that was an embarrassment to your team, school and city! So you THINK PB players act like that... fine. I KNOW Jonesboro players do!

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on April 17, 2014, 08:17:08 pm

Go to the AAA website and look it up! It's amazing you sounded like the expert of the workings of PB Athletics but can't even say when you even heard of PB players acting like that. Instead it's something that you think, maybe, might, probably, could have happen in the over 100 years the school has been here. All while remaining apologetic about behavior that was an embarrassment to your team, school and city! So you THINK PB players act like that... fine. I KNOW Jonesboro players do!

Player, you've yet to prove more than one was behaving that way. I'd be embarrassed by my schools athletic programs too if I was you, all that talent and 0 state championships in the past year.

zebradynasty

Quote from: ricepig on April 17, 2014, 08:34:54 pm

Player, you've yet to prove more than one was behaving that way. I'd be embarrassed by my schools athletic programs too if I was you, all that talent and 0 state championships in the past year.

And you haven't proved any from PB have acted like that! Even so I would be much more embarrassed about kids acting like that than the number of state championships. I certainly wouldn't be apologetic and downright understanding of such behavior. Seems to me as long as you win at Jonesboro you can act lack an arse on the field and on line and it's fine!

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on April 17, 2014, 09:05:26 pm

And you haven't proved any from PB have acted like that! Even so I would be much more embarrassed about kids acting like that than the number of state championships. I certainly wouldn't be apologetic and downright understanding of such behavior. Seems to me as long as you win at Jonesboro you can act lack an arse on the field and on line and it's fine!

You keep using plural without any proof, but keep on crying. Yep, nobody, and I mean nobody has won more state championships across every sport or competition than Jonesboro High School. So, we had one incident two years ago, and you spread it across every sport without any proof, typical of a crying loser. You bet we like our state championships, 6 this current school year, maybe a chance at 1 or 2 more.

zebradynasty

Quote from: ricepig on April 17, 2014, 09:23:14 pm

You keep using plural without any proof, but keep on crying. Yep, nobody, and I mean nobody has won more state championships across every sport or competition than Jonesboro High School. So, we had one incident two years ago, and you spread it across every sport without any proof, typical of a crying loser. You bet we like our state championships, 6 this current school year, maybe a chance at 1 or 2 more.

Championships but no respect except for basketball. Drop down one thread about next years top five football nobody's crowing Jonesboro. Good football program just soft players. Maybe that's what that display was all about was he trying to show how "hard" he was by pushing his coaches! I don't believe it was isolated it's just the only one I've seen. The number of schools complaining about playing IN Jonesboro is impressive. I am sure that lack of integrity is passed on to the players. You haven't done much to quell the rumors.   

Lionheart88

::)  If y'all don't have anything useful to add to the thread, why not just take it to PM so the rest of us don't have to read y'all's hissy fit?

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on April 17, 2014, 10:23:06 pm

Championships but no respect except for basketball. Drop down one thread about next years top five football nobody's crowing Jonesboro. Good football program just soft players. Maybe that's what that display was all about was he trying to show how "hard" he was by pushing his coaches! I don't believe it was isolated it's just the only one I've seen. The number of schools complaining about playing IN Jonesboro is impressive. I am sure that lack of integrity is passed on to the players. You haven't done much to quell the rumors.
We've won as many football championships as you have the last few years. In fact, El Dorado had to beat us on the last play of the game. So, I wouldn't worry about in the top 5. We've been to three straight semi-finals, I can't help it if most of the posters on here are too stupid to realize that's in the top 4.

As far as championships, it's not the rest of 6A's fault that PB can only play football, that's your AD's problem. We like our baseball, basketball, volleyball, golf, and tennis championships, and hopefully, soon a football championship. That's what this thread was about, AD's watching over all sports, and could a HC do both. I guess the proof is in the pudding.

ricepig

Quote from: Lionheart88 on April 17, 2014, 10:41:23 pm
::)  If y'all don't have anything useful to add to the thread, why not just take it to PM so the rest of us don't have to read y'all's hissy fit?

First, no one is making you read it, but I'm done. I've laid out the case that it's hard to do both, and it usually causes other sports to fail. It was someone else who changed the subject because they didn't like the facts.

Lionheart88

Here's a thought; are we sure Bolding doesn't want this?  Maybe he wants to drop the AD job, spend more time with family or something.  It can't be easy on him ADing every night and not getting to see his own kid.  WE seem to be jumping to the conclusion that the decision was made without him knowing and/or against his wishes.  Was anybody there, to shed a little light on the meeting?

zebradynasty

Quote from: ricepig on April 17, 2014, 11:16:04 pm

We've won as many football championships as you have the last few years. In fact, El Dorado had to beat us on the last play of the game. So, I wouldn't worry about in the top 5. We've been to three straight semi-finals, I can't help it if most of the posters on here are too stupid to realize that's in the top 4.

As far as championships, it's not the rest of 6A's fault that PB can only play football, that's your AD's problem. We like our baseball, basketball, volleyball, golf, and tennis championships, and hopefully, soon a football championship. That's what this thread was about, AD's watching over all sports, and could a HC do both. I guess the proof is in the pudding.

So you think Jonesboro won it's Badminton and team grab arse Championships because of the AD...you probably think ASU is better than Arkansas! ::)

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on April 17, 2014, 11:36:26 pm

So you think Jonesboro won it's Badminton and team grab arse Championships because of the AD...you probably think ASU is better than Arkansas! ::)

Hmm, you used to be proud of the baseball program when Bock was their winning. I guess losers call sports they can't compete in petty names. Our AD supports and puts money in all 21 of our teams.

And, I think you know me well enough to know my feelings on the UofA and ASU.

ricepig

Quote from: Lionheart88 on April 17, 2014, 11:25:30 pm
Here's a thought; are we sure Bolding doesn't want this?  Maybe he wants to drop the AD job, spend more time with family or something.  It can't be easy on him ADing every night and not getting to see his own kid.  WE seem to be jumping to the conclusion that the decision was made without him knowing and/or against his wishes.  Was anybody there, to shed a little light on the meeting?

Well, this didn't act like it was his idea.
http://pbcommercial.com/sports/high-school/pbsd-board-votes-split-ad-and-fb-coaching-position

zebradynasty

Quote from: ricepig on April 17, 2014, 11:42:16 pm

Hmm, you used to be proud of the baseball program when Bock was their winning. I guess losers call sports they can't compete in petty names. Our AD supports and puts money in all 21 of our teams.

So Jonesboro is a winner...you mean ASU type winners (you win but nobody cares)! L until you said something the only one I knew about was baseball ???

After some much needed house cleaning (the coach) our baseball program is on the rise. Sorry but badmiton doesn't create much excitement around here. :-\

Lionheart88

Quote from: ricepig on April 17, 2014, 11:43:15 pm

http://pbcommercial.com/sports/high-school/pbsd-board-votes-split-ad-and-fb-coaching-position
Fair enough, but we're still acting like he's going to be upset.  Could be that, despite it not being his idea, he thinks it over and is just fine with it.  I'm just trying to point out an angle we haven't really considered much.  There's been more talk of a suit or him going elsewhere than the possibility that he'd be ok with letting someone else take one part of the job and gaining some free time.

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on April 17, 2014, 11:54:28 pm

So Jonesboro is a winner...you mean ASU type winners (you win but nobody cares)! L until you said something the only one I knew about was baseball ???

After some much needed house cleaning (the coach) our baseball program is on the rise. Sorry but badmiton doesn't create much excitement around here. :-\

As I said, those who can't compete, call them petty names. As far as caring, no different than if LH, El Do, Benton, or Marion would win a championship, they only ones that care are the home towns. But, that's why they have them, for the high schools.

What's sad is you have all this talent and can't win the only sport you care about, hmm.....

zebradynasty

Quote from: Lionheart88 on April 17, 2014, 11:55:05 pm
Quote from: ricepig on April 17, 2014, 11:43:15 pm

Fair enough, but we're still acting like he's going to be upset.  Could be that, despite it not being his idea, he thinks it over and is just fine with it.  I'm just trying to point out an angle we haven't really considered much.  There's been more talk of a suit or him going elsewhere than the possibility that he'd be ok with letting someone else take one part of the job and gaining some free time.

This was not BB's idea and neither is this set in stone. He has a lot support on this. Reading between the lines The super, vice-super, school president and vice president didn't talk like they believed it is a good idea. The district is still hurting from all the money spent when it fired the last super despite warnings from the district lawyers. It appears this was done without consultation nor a plan on how to pay for such a move. Last school board election voters sent a message loud and clear we voted out all but 2 board members over mess like this! 

zebradynasty

April 18, 2014, 12:16:23 am #46 Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 12:34:37 am by zebradynasty
Quote from: ricepig on April 18, 2014, 12:03:23 am
Quote from: zebradynasty on April 17, 2014, 11:54:28 pm

As I said, those who can't compete, call them petty names. As far as caring, no different than if LH, El Do, Benton, or Marion would win a championship, they only ones that care are the home towns. But, that's why they have them, for the high schools.

What's sad is you have all this talent and can't win the only sport you care about, hmm.....

No when GW won everyone across the state sets up and takes notice. Eldo same thing Heck we get more respect for being runners up than when Jonesboro wins ! Y'all win it's...crickets mosquitoes is all you hear. Well, maybe all the accolades are showered on your AD since he won them all! ::)

Brian G

Quote from: zebradynasty on April 16, 2014, 09:50:28 pm
I would not count on that being the final decision.

You called it!

PBSD board votes 4-3 to renege on last week's decision to split the role of athletics director and head football coach

Grandfather clause it seems.

Coach Venny Slocombe

lol, seems like every thread RP gets involved in turns into an all out war with the thread getting locked...looks like you people would learn...

Lions84

Down here we have the Super, and Campus Principals and VP go to events so the AD's are not out every night of the week.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas