• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bentonville QB - Casey Ford

Started by Earl is my Hero!!, November 08, 2013, 08:47:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorback Red

Congrats to Kasey Ford on being the MVP of the title game with 3 TD passes as a Soph. 

Great job young Man!

OPoraquê

Quote from: Razorback Red on December 13, 2013, 09:56:41 pm
Congrats to Kasey Ford on being the MVP of the title game with 3 TD passes as a Soph. 

Great job young Man!

Though it doesn't sound much in this era of spectacular passers, the young man ended up with over 1,800 yards passing (not bad for a guy who didn't start the first two games) and at least 25 total TDs on the season (22 through the air).

Malik and Kasey have the potential to make Bentonville Unified's last two years verrrrrrry interesting....

OPoraquê

BTW, did Bennie not have any turnovers tonight?

If not, it means (among other things) that KF had 1 INT he threw the entire rest of the season after the ET game.

Razorback Red

None tonight.  Historic Sophomore season when you play that schedule. 

For those of you that didn't get to see KF play this year, you have to catch him next year.  He threw deep passes tonight in very tough conditions.  Once he gets a full off-season of practice as the starter, he is going to be great.

Right up there with Mallett with incredible arm strength. 

Maclin on your girl

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: Razorback Red on December 13, 2013, 10:42:24 pm
None tonight.  Historic Sophomore season when you play that schedule. 

For those of you that didn't get to see KF play this year, you have to catch him next year.  He threw deep passes tonight in very tough conditions.  Once he gets a full off-season of practice as the starter, he is going to be great.

Right up there with Mallett with incredible arm strength. 

Questionable that he ever will...

OPoraquê

Quote from: Maclin on your girl on December 13, 2013, 10:44:10 pm
Does he have any d1 offers?

Haven't heard of any but Alabama and Memphis were in (that we know of) earlier in the season.  Barry Lunney, Sr. told KF that the coaches he sees from coast to coast on Saturday NCAA football telecasts will be in to Bentonville if KF keeps improving (and that was before he ended his soph season with only 1 INT after the Trinity game plus an MVP-of-the-state-championship game performance in a rainstorm).  And according to the radio the kid took some SHOTS tonight from Cabot.

Razorback Red

I'm not sure about offers at this point.  Just looked on Rivals, and he's not rated yet.  Probably because he started the season as the backup.

All I know is that Lunney is very high on him, and he has what you can't teach: size and arm strength.

He needs to work on his touch a bit, but his decision-making has improved leaps and bounds since the Trinity game (his first start). 

I would be very surprised in he doesn't have major D1 offers early next season.  But he will also be getting looked at by MLB teams. 

OPoraquê

From the "OK, we'll get to see how good Kasey Ford really is" dept:

"Congrats to our signees today: Jack Kraus (Arkansas), Chase Morse (Oklahoma Baptist), and Jimmie Jackson (Arkansas Tech). . . .Go Tigers!" - Barry Lunney in his Twitter account today

All 3 Bentonville Tigers who signed are guys who caught the ball this past season.  So (as one of the parents said here earlier) parts of the receiving corps will face a rebuilding job.  Should be interesting to watch with BL, Sr. in charge.

OPoraquê

Razorback Red

Just saw a tweet where Louisville (CBP) offered Kasey Ford today!

I'm assuming many, many more offers will come in 2014.  This kid is a stud!

Locutus

Is this the same Kasey Ford that torched the Cabot Panthers in the championship game when it was pouring down raining? ;)

HogNation

Quote from: Razorback Red on April 23, 2014, 06:04:08 pm

Seen on here where people where comparing him to Mallet. Maybe Bobby Petrino sees it too? ;D

ricepig

Quote from: HogNation on April 29, 2014, 02:20:06 pm
Quote from: Razorback Red on April 23, 2014, 06:04:08 pm

Seen on here where people where comparing him to Mallet. Maybe Bobby Petrino sees it too? ;D

I don't know, Kasey sounded like a white guy in his interview on Scout.

Maclin on your girl

I don't think he'll go to the hogs because he'd be playing behind storey.

Razorback Red

Quote from: Maclin on your girl on April 29, 2014, 10:35:59 pm
I don't think he'll go to the hogs because he'd be playing behind storey.

I would love to see that battle.  Hope they both end up as Hogs.  KF will prob have a slight edge in transition from HS to SEC playing in the 7A. 

I really hope Peavy and AA are good enough that Storey has to redshirt next year. 

AirWarren

7AFBFAN

AirWarren, Interesting statement about a 16,17 year old kid. Never really thought about a kids residence in the state having an impact on their ability to do well in college. Please tell more.

AirWarren

I was actually referencing the last big NWA quarterback that was hyped. You may remember him...private school.

7AFBFAN

Oh Gotcha. Wasn't thinking clearly. I am in agreement 100% with you on that guy but please give this one a chance. He has a ton of potential. Would love to see him develop like I think he can and will.

AirWarren

I hope so. I'm losing faith in the Allen's. Sigh.

Maclin on your girl

Any potential he had he lost it when he signed his letter of intent to Arkansas

AirWarren

They said that about Mustain too and he still sucked at USC.

luckyduck

Quote from: AirWarren on May 01, 2014, 11:09:33 pm
They said that about Mustain too and he still sucked at USC.
Yep

Razorback Red

The only time I saw Frazier in HS was on TV against Trinity; I don't remember the hype for him as I only follow 7A closely.  Hard to even know for he would have fared in the 7A West.  It's also hard to compare what you do in a small AR conf to Div 1 college ball.  I have that same fear for Storey.  Sounds like a great kid with lots of potential, but his competition in HS isn't going to help (same fear with Peavey).  I really, really hope they both turn out as studs.  As for Mustain, I think we can all agree the talent was there or USC would not have recruited him.  What TCTWF did to him is one of the saddest things I can ever remember happening to a top level recruit.  We'll never know what could of been.  I am choosing to remember his potential and his 8-0 record as a starter for the Hogs.  I am not a big fan of BA either, but he has been a starter in the SEC, which is saying something.  I hope AA or Peavey beat him out this year, but I will give him props for what he's done to earn the starting job.  Not at all an easy task to be a starting QB at a major D1 school. 

As for KF, time will tell, but CBP already sees something to offer him.  What he has going for him is he plays against top competition every Fri night (especially with the 2 FS schools back in the West), including huge out of state noncon games.  My biggest fear for KF are the expectations we fans are going to put on him.  Anything less than 26-0 the next 2 years will be disappointing, which is a bit unfair to him.  He set the bar pretty high with the performance against Cabot in the title game in less than good weather conditions.  Just don't get caught up in stats on this kid.  CBL is going to run the ball, as he should.  Bville will have 2 of the top RB's in the state and a big Oline.  Kasey will prob not have to throw for over 150 yds a game, and in a lot of games he will only play for a half.  That doesn't mean that he can't.  I assure you he could throw for 300+ every game if CBL wanted him to. 

helmethair

No I wont agree with you that Mustain's talent was there.  Average arm, barely benched 200 pounds, slow, 190 pounds.  Gus fooled everybody just like Petrino fools the NFL into drafting his QB's.  Coaches make them look great

luckyduck

Totally agree on Mustain, he wasnt very good.  Could care less if he was 8-0 as starter.  Tebow won 8 in a row in the NFL and 10 year olds throw better than him.  As far as Peavy goes I have from a good source he is struggling bad and will redshirt for sure. 

Razorback Red

Guys, He might now have turned out like we wanted, but to say he didn't have talent is silly.  Pete Carroll, who most football fans consider a genius, liked his talent or he wouldn't have offered him.  Who am I or any of us to 2nd guess one of the best football coaches on this planet?

It is very, very difficult to win a starting QB job at a high profile D1 school.  I don't understand why we fans become so critical of these young men.  The move from HS to D1 is huge, and the move from D1 to the NFL is even bigger.  That's why the Tebow critics crack me up.  He is easily one of the best college football players (any position) to ever play in the NCAA and worked his way onto an NFL squad and earned a starting QB spot for a short period of time.  Very, very difficult to do.  It didn't work out long term, and now he still has a great job.  I would call him a success. 

luckyduck

Do you realize how many bad QB's he offered while at USC?  Quite a few.  And you do realize he invested heavily in Matt Flynn couple years ago at Seattle.  Russell Wilson bailed him out on that deal.  Matt Flynn lol one of dumbest moves ever.  John David Booty, Mustain, Coorp, Hinds, Green, etc.. He recruited several jokes at USC

luckyduck

Lets take a look at Mustain coming out of H.S.

6-2 190 pounds
5.0 Forty
Bench 200
Vertical 25
Average Arm

5 star that should have been a 2 star. 

HogNation

Quote from: luckyduck on May 30, 2014, 12:42:15 pm
Lets take a look at Mustain coming out of H.S.

6-2 190 pounds
5.0 Forty
Bench 200
Vertical 25
Average Arm

5 star that should have been a 2 star.

I was 6'3 210, ran a 4.8 and benched 235. Maybe he should have recruited me too.  ;D :o

Maclin on your girl

May 30, 2014, 04:07:43 pm #81 Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 04:20:48 pm by Maclin on your girl
Mitch also played more d1 ball than all of us combined. Did you guys think about those numbers to?

Razorback Red

Heard this week that in addition to KF's football offer to Louisville, he now has a baseball offer to Wichita St. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas