• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crazy Weather

Started by DogsWin7, March 01, 2012, 08:22:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Breitontime

Went and grabbed a Sonic burger the other day on the half price deal. Instantly remembered why I never get burgers from Sonic.

Their breakfast and drinks are good, though vastly overpriced.

DogsWin7

Spring is here!  Spring is here!  Yippee it's Spring!!

Happy first day of Spring!!!   :)

Love the sunshine.....I hope it warms up soon! 

cuckoobird

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on March 20, 2014, 08:17:08 am
Spring is here!  Spring is here!  Yippee it's Spring!!

Happy first day of Spring!!!   :)

Love the sunshine.....I hope it warms up soon!
going to be back in the 30's next week. lol

DogsWin7

Stop!   Don't speak of it! Lol!!  To think I was nice to you on the other thread!  :)

cuckoobird

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on March 20, 2014, 08:24:25 am
Stop!   Don't speak of it! Lol!!  To think I was nice to you on the other thread!  :)
you sounded too happy this morning. Sorry to be the bearer of bad weather news

DogsWin7

Quote from: cuckoobird on March 20, 2014, 08:26:54 am

I bet you're just a ray of sunshine each morning aren't you bird??   :)

Quit it about the weather!   Lol!!    You're a dirty bird!!!  :)

Valleysports

Quote from: Breitontime on March 20, 2014, 06:27:57 am
Went and grabbed a Sonic burger the other day on the half price deal. Instantly remembered why I never get burgers from Sonic.

I got the 1/2 price burger myself - it was the single - it was terrible.   :'(  I've had some really good double cheese bacon burgers there, but the little single for $2.07 was definitely not worth it.  Stupid of them to miss an opportunity to attract customers.  I need a CJ's to wash that down!

Valleysports

This weather is do perfect - I spent the morning canoeing around the swamp, watching hundreds of ducks, geese, swans, deer, a beaver I couldn't catch up too.  No mosquitoes, ticks, or snakes.  But yes there is a front coming into Alaska now, will be heading down hear in a week.  That's OK - keep that West Nile Virus down, warm up little at a time.

cuckoobird

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on March 20, 2014, 12:50:21 pm
Quote from: cuckoobird on March 20, 2014, 08:26:54 am

I bet you're just a ray of sunshine each morning aren't you bird??   :)

Quit it about the weather!   Lol!!    You're a dirty bird!!!  :)
I'm a very happy morning person.

Lions84

Shorts in FW Metro Saturday and Members Only Jacket on Sunday.

sevenof400

Quote from: Lions84 on March 24, 2014, 09:36:16 am

Allergy medicine everywhere.

DogsWin7

It appears the weather bird cuckoo is like a rain crow! :) lol!

The temps are cooler but I am hopeful that April and May will be warmer.  :)

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: sevenof400 on March 24, 2014, 01:30:40 pm
Quote from: Lions84 on March 24, 2014, 09:36:16 am

Allergy medicine everywhere.

Anyone that willingly plants a Bradford Pear needs to be tazed.

sevenof400

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on March 27, 2014, 11:09:00 pm

Moderately high winds take care of them too. 

Go Postal

Has anyone else got this congestion/cough/BullS**t (cedar pollen ?) yet in the State?  Seems like everyone in the Goblin Nation has it.  (Thanks to the person that I was waiting on in the post office, that coughed at me.)  But then it also could have been on the money that anyone handed me.  Paper money is a very good way to spread whatever.  Then all my coworkers get it and think that I am Typhoid Mary.  LOL.  Just cause I have a year's worth of sick leave saved up and not going to call in sick for a wussy reason and there is no blood showing (well maybe some, but I am a Goblin ) doesn't mean that I will not show up to what I need to do.  I've had this BS for two weeks now, but still can cope.  Some days good,  some days not so good.  Bunch of wussies. ;D 
Back to the crazy weather...

DogsWin7

Quote from: sevenof400 on March 27, 2014, 11:43:44 pm

Moderately high winds take care of them too.

Ice damage did an outstanding job in my neighborhood.   Shame it missed the Cotton Wood tree and those dang yellow forsythia bushes!!!     

Quote from: Go Postal on March 27, 2014, 11:49:32 pm
Has anyone else got this congestion/cough/BullS**t (cedar pollen ?) yet in the State?  Seems like everyone in the Goblin Nation has it.  (Thanks to the person that I was waiting on in the post office, that coughed at me.)  But then it also could have been on the money that anyone handed me.  Paper money is a very good way to spread whatever.  Then all my coworkers get it and think that I am Typhoid Mary.  LOL.  Just cause I have a year's worth of sick leave saved up and not going to call in sick for a wussy reason and there is no blood showing (well maybe some, but I am a Goblin ) doesn't mean that I will not show up to what I need to do.  I've had this BS for two weeks now, but still can cope.  Some days good,  some days not so good.  Bunch of wussies. ;D 
Back to the crazy weather...

I hope you feel better soon!   I am always miserable with sinus pressure and headaches.   

DogsWin7

Here comes the rain :(    Be careful....a chance of severe weather according to the NWS in Tulsa.    I hate storms

Uncle Ivan

Has anyone else got this congestion/cough/BullS**t (cedar pollen ?) yet in the State? 

Yes.

ricepig

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on March 28, 2014, 03:02:20 pm
Has anyone else got this congestion/cough/BullS**t (cedar pollen ?) yet in the State? 

Yes.

I came down with this crap Tuesday, who's responsible??

Breitontime

Yo, that Denny's build your own skillet is the bomb f'in diggity. Also, it is warm outside.

True Believer

This weekend could not have been more beautiful!

DogsWin7

Quote from: True Believer on March 30, 2014, 07:59:32 pm
This weekend could not have been more beautiful!
It was beautiful.....I even got a slight sunburn yesterday. :)  I know...I'm a little addicted to the sunshine. 

Today is rainy and cool.   

DogsWin7

I was so Thankful for the warm weather and the abundance of sunshine!    I'm just glad Winter is over.   I hope it will stay warm.    The tulips were beautiful today.

I hope everyone was able to enjoy it! :)

Lions84

You must have hit a bad one ! We love our Burgers and Chicken Sandwiches at our Sonic.

cuckoobird

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on April 10, 2014, 08:45:42 pm
I was so Thankful for the warm weather and the abundance of sunshine!    I'm just glad Winter is over.   I hope it will stay warm.    The tulips were beautiful today.

depends on whos twolips your talking about...

Breitontime

Quote from: Lions84 on April 11, 2014, 12:36:23 pm

You must have hit a bad one ! We love our Burgers and Chicken Sandwiches at our Sonic.
Na, I've never been much of a fan of Sonic food, outside of the breakfast and a cherry limeade.

Go Postal

Went to the Harrison Alumni Boys/Girls Soccer games last Saturday.  The only thing that you had to do to get to play is having played Harrison Soccer from 2002-2013.  Great bunch of former athletes showed up with ages ranging from around 18 to 29.  The players were divided up to Even and Odd teams depending on what year that you graduated in.  Two fantastic fun games not only to the players, but also the fans watching.  Wow, I couldn't believe of the talent of these players still after all these years.  To be honest and talking out of my hat, I don't think that any now high school team from any conference in the State could have beaten the two boy's teams.  Great physical/talented/communication game.
Here is a pic of the former players that could make these games...

My son is in the middle back row, under the H and wearing a black long-sleeve shirt.  His team won 2-1.  He had an assist and almost a goal.  Having not played this physical of game in the past few years, he woke up for his 22nd birthday on Sunday and could barely move.  LOL.
Anyway, this thread is about the weather.  Last Saturday it was kind of cool but very sunny.  Man, did I get very sunburned on the right of my face watching these games.  Call me Two-Face. ;D

DogsWin7

Quote from: cuckoobird on April 11, 2014, 02:54:41 pm
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on April 10, 2014, 08:45:42 pm

depends on whos twolips your talking about...

;) gooooood point.  Lol!!

DogsWin7

I hope you had a good vacation!!!

Go Postal

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on April 11, 2014, 05:11:47 pm
I hope you had a good vacation!!!
It was a very good staycation.  Got some things done at home and spent some time with my son plus other local things.  Practicing on what to do when I decide to retire. ;)

DogsWin7

In case you all missed it........

The COLD is BACK!!!   :-X  :-X

Uncle Ivan

Nice to have cloud cover on a night of a blood moon.

DogsWin7

I seen a lot of photos on FB etc. of it.

The sunshine was a welcome sight!!!    I love it, and I love when it's warm. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter.  :)

True Believer

Well warm weather has brought out the hiking and canoe bug  in my family but a word of warning about other bugs!

Ticks!!   They are already out and about! 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: True Believer on April 21, 2014, 08:08:37 pm
Well warm weather has brought out the hiking and canoe bug  in my family but a word of warning about other bugs!

Ticks!!   They are already out and about! 

Yeah...already needing to get the tick granules out at my parents house. My daughters picked up several over there hunting eggs this past weekend...

DogsWin7

SNAKES!!!!    I have seen SNAKES!!!!   

The weather is wonderful.....according to the weatherman, rain is possible in the later part of the week.   I just hope the cold temps are away until Nov.   

The dogwood and redbud trees are so pretty right now.   

sevenof400

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on April 22, 2014, 05:36:23 pm

The weather is wonderful.....according to the weatherman, rain is possible in the later part of the week.   I just hope the cold temps are away until Nov.   

And this makes you happy????

You been spending too much time in the tavern, DiehardFBfan!

DogsWin7

Quote from: sevenof400 on April 23, 2014, 12:50:06 pm
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on April 22, 2014, 05:36:23 pm

And this makes you happy????

You been spending too much time in the tavern, DiehardFBfan!

No seven.... I'm not happy about snakes.   I don't like them!  I was just stating I had seen snakes like TB and HF had seen ticks.

Everyone please be safe with the chance of thunderstorms that is being predicted... Spring always brings tornados sadly.   

The tavern guys certainly are something!   I only post on a few threads and that's more than enough....you guys can have your tavern!  :)

Uncle Ivan

DogsWin7

I hate Snakes!

Weather doesn't look to good according to the prediction by several weather stations:(    Keep Safe My FF Friends.

Uncle Ivan

LJ06

Weather Channels severe weather expert Dr. Greg Forbes has revised his initial torcon rating for south Arkansas from a 7 to an 8. Everybody be careful tonight. Sounds like they are expecting a tornado outbreak.

Breitontime

Stay safe tonight, everyone.

LJ06

Most of central and southern arkansas now in a PDS (Potentially Dangerous Situation) Tornado Watch. Everybody please be safe tonight and make plans for shelter if need arises.

True Believer

AirWarren

Quote from: LJ06 on April 27, 2014, 04:19:19 pm
Most of central and southern arkansas now in a PDS (Potentially Dangerous Situation) Tornado Watch. Everybody please be safe tonight and make plans for shelter if need arises.

Stay safe Bradley county. I'll be praying for all my family down there. I got my daughter with me tonight.

LJ06

Quote from: AirWarren on April 27, 2014, 05:11:52 pm

Stay safe Bradley county. I'll be praying for all my family down there. I got my daughter with me tonight.

Got a feeling they overhyped this system. Getting good at that lately. Looks like it's gonna be mainly western and central Arkansas instead of south.

Brian G

Well, it's missing the Fay/Bentonville area but Russellville and south of Booneville are dealing with this.

AirWarren

Quote from: LJ06 on April 27, 2014, 05:50:43 pm

Got a feeling they overhyped this system. Getting good at that lately. Looks like it's gonna be mainly western and central Arkansas instead of south.

Not so fast. Sirens going off here and there is a twister on the ground north of LR. Central and south Arkansas is far out of the woods I think.

Brian G

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas