• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rules when a loose ball crosses the goal line.

Started by CoolBreeze, September 28, 2019, 09:12:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

CoolBreeze

I have a question for this forum. In in the 4th quarter of last night's Harding Academy vs. Clinton game, HA dropped back to punt. A bad snap apparently crossed the goal line but got nowhere near the end line or out of bounds. The punter retrieved the ball and prepared to punt, but an official blew the play dead and signaled a safety.

Nobody around me had ever seen this happen. Nor have the people who commented on it on the 3A form.

Is it now a rule in high school football that it's a safety if the ball goes back across the goal line on a fumble?

POWERCAT PRIDE

Did his knee touch ground while in possession of the ball in the EZ?

panther07

Quote from: POWERCAT PRIDE on September 28, 2019, 09:56:11 am
Did his knee touch ground while in possession of the ball in the EZ?

No. Bent down and picked it up, went to kick it and they blew it dead.

football_referee

unless the knee hit the ground or he stepped out of bounds then  the punter is allowed to retrieve the ball and kick it away even if the ball is in the kicking teams end zone

panther07

Quote from: football_referee on September 28, 2019, 02:56:57 pm
unless the knee hit the ground or he stepped out of bounds then  the punter is allowed to retrieve the ball and kick it away even if the ball is in the kicking teams end zone

I don't understand how it can just be that blatantly wrongly done in our game.  We were snapping from about the 15 yard line.  Punter was standing on the goal line in the middle of the field.  Snap was fine he just dropped it and it falls right beside him.  Bends over and picks it up and he blows it dead immediately and says safety.  It can't cross the goal line.  So bad.  So so so bad. 

arreferee

Is this game not on Hudl?  I have access to the Arkansas High School games section. Clinton has 0 games posted and Harding Academy has 2 games...8/30 against Bald Knob and 9/6 against HHS.  In looking around, most schools have no games listed, but others have from 1 game to all of their games posted. 

panther07

Quote from: arreferee on October 04, 2019, 09:37:01 am
Is this game not on Hudl?  I have access to the Arkansas High School games section. Clinton has 0 games posted and Harding Academy has 2 games...8/30 against Bald Knob and 9/6 against HHS.  In looking around, most schools have no games listed, but others have from 1 game to all of their games posted.

The game is on HA's hudl account.  Not sure how the officials' hudl stuff works exactly.  Do they normally send a request?

arreferee

Quote from: panther07 on October 04, 2019, 10:47:30 am

The game is on HA's hudl account.  Not sure how the officials' hudl stuff works exactly.  Do they normally send a request?

I'm not really sure how it works.  I just know there is a HA folder out there, but there are only 2 games available. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas