• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A-3 in 2014-15

Started by bbfan89, April 25, 2014, 07:03:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bbfan89

Is there any news about coaching changes or players moving into the conference.  I know there is a very talented Earle group moving in at will be a  chore for any team in the conference to handle. 

Elvis

BIC should be good again. You never know about EPC with/without Monk coming back. I know Riverside Jr. High won round robin/BIC 2nd. Don't think the league overall will be that good.

MarionBlueDevil

BIC beat the Bulldogs last season as well. They'll be a challenge.

Hogfan167

Rumor has it BIC lost a projected starter who is a rising soph.

Elvis

Well that should be even since they acquired a player who was ineligible for the spring semester, and played a big role in there success.  :-\

Hogfan167

That proved they will take just about anybody.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: Hogfan167 on May 23, 2014, 12:18:03 pm
Rumor has it BIC lost a projected starter who is a rising soph.

I heard the same thing.  Also heard at the ball park last night Coach Fowler is leaving. 

BoxNOne

That is very interesting news about Fowler, especially considering BIC should be pretty good this year. May have got tired of battling Marmaduke.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Sounds like they (The Fowlers) are heading to Batesville! :(   I got to know him and his family during their stay.  Great family!  They will be missed in the community.  Good Luck to them on the new adventure!

BoxNOne

Is he going to coach over there?

Hogfan167

The Bill Taylor in charge factor could have influenced Fowler's decision.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: BoxNOne on June 04, 2014, 09:17:25 am
Is he going to coach over there?

yes! as far as I know! They contacted him last week.  So he went to see what they had to say & ask if his  wife could  get a job. They went back 1st part of this week & accepted. She has been selling stuff on FB since Tuesday night. 

BoxNOne

Mustang, any rumors on a replacement for Fowler yet? Pretty big shoes to fill. He won a lot of games in the past several years.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

I haven't heard anything yet. 

BoxNOne

Any news on the BIC girls job? Getting pretty late not to have a coach in place.

BoxNOne

I see in the Jonesboro Sun this morning that BIC hired Justin Yates as girls coach. Anybody know anything about him.

Hogfan167

I know there is a guy who is a referee whose name is Justin Yates. I guess it could be him.

Oldref

Never heard of him. I know they had interviewed some fairly well know people but this is not one of those as far as I know.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

I've been out of town. I'll have to go down the road & talk to my informant & see what I can find out.

MakingBacon

Yes it's the same Justin Yates that referees.

Hogfan167

Very surprising hire to me.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

WOW!!!  OK got to start somewhere.

BoxNOne

I am sure I have seen him referee around here but can't place him. He will have pretty good talent in sr high this coming season.

Hogfan167

A friend told me Yates coached at Swifton before it closed.

razorbackhog

Coach Yates coached @ Williams for 5 years. He coached on the men's and women's side. He also coached @ Ridgefield, Swifton and Annie Camp. Definitely not what anyone expected but has been successful everywhere he has been.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

From what I'm seeing & hearing, The Mustangs & Lady Mustangs will be in top part of the conference.  Girls-- I don't see anyone beating Marmaduke. Next 3 spots up for grabs.   Boys-  I think the Stangs will jump out early like last year & Earle & EPC will come on late.  4 spot will be open. 
Good Luck to Coach Yates !! I have heard the girls have not touch a ball in practice lol!! Well maybe they will be in shape & can make it all 4 qtrs & not run out of gas midway through the 3rd.

Good Luck Coach Taylor!! I have heard good things coming out of practices & IF Pike will keep his head & lead the team. They will be fine. 

redrider30

So ole Norman Dale is coaching at BIC without a ball. Good luck scoring enough points to beat Marmaduke without a ball. The name of the game is basketBALL. Maybe he should get into track!

Oldref

Quote from: BICMUSTANG4LIFE on August 25, 2014, 12:28:26 pm
From what I'm seeing & hearing, The Mustangs & Lady Mustangs will be in top part of the conference.  Girls-- I don't see anyone beating Marmaduke. Next 3 spots up for grabs.   Boys-  I think the Stangs will jump out early like last year & Earle & EPC will come on late.  4 spot will be open. 
Good Luck to Coach Yates !! I have heard the girls have not touch a ball in practice lol!! Well maybe they will be in shape & can make it all 4 qtrs & not run out of gas midway through the 3rd.

Good Luck Coach Taylor!! I have heard good things coming out of practices & IF Pike will keep his head & lead the team. They will be fine.
From what I hear that is a big IF.

bdubyab60

Boys side shold be competitive. Girls side not so much.

BoxNOne

I agree that the boys side is wide open. I lean toward Earle as the front runner with EPC, BIC and Riverside following. Marmaduke should role thru the girls side. BIC should be second with Earle and Marked Tree in the mix.

razorbackhog

On the girls side, I think that Marmaduke is the consensus favorite to not only with the conference but the whole thing in AA.  I agree the other 3 spots are up for grabs and should be BIC, Earle and either Riverside or Marked Tree.  I think that the boys side is BIC early with having ot hold off Earle late in the year. 

From the reports I hear, the boys at BIC are working very hard and the girls are loving the new coach and are in great shape and are practicing with a basketball!!  LOL!!  I think that with the girls being in shape they will be able to make a very good run in the post season!!!

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: redrider30 on August 25, 2014, 02:53:50 pm
So ole Norman Dale is coaching at BIC without a ball. Good luck scoring enough points to beat Marmaduke without a ball. The name of the game is basketBALL. Maybe he should get into track!

That's Funny!  The Duke is setting with the best two girl teams in the conference. The starters 1st & then the bench 2nd.  We would have to put the ball on ICE & then run the picket fence at them to beat the Duke.  I was maybe stretching it a little but maybe they will be in better shape than in the past. 

BoxNOne

Mustang, did Fowler not do much conditioning? He certainly won a lot of games over there.

razorbackhog

That is funny about the Coach Norman Dale reference!! :)  I think they will be in very good shape but also if my memory serves me correctly in that great basketball movie, Coach Dale did beat a very fast and talented bunch of players that won him a state championship, so maybe that isn't a bad reference!! LOL!!

Only time will tell if what Coach Yates is doing over there will pay off.  Rumors are that the girls are comparing him to Coach Taylor.  We all know he's not Coach Taylor, but may work them like Coach Taylor works his players, which is a definite change of pace.

Hogfan167

Is starting to sound like Fowler may have been a little on the slacking off side. We will see if this guy can match Fowler's success. My guess is he won't.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: BoxNOne on August 26, 2014, 12:41:47 pm
Mustang, did Fowler not do much conditioning? He certainly won a lot of games over there.

Do not get me wrong Coach Fowler was a good coach & I have not watched a practice that I can remember.
I am going on what I have been told & what I have seen & that was players running out of gas at the end.
He does do alot of fastbreak drills to get running in.  As far as just running not alot. Again what I was told.

I do know to get into shape & stay in shape depends on how much you (the player) put into it after or before practice time.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: Hogfan167 on August 26, 2014, 04:07:21 pm
Is starting to sound like Fowler may have been a little on the slacking off side. We will see if this guy can match Fowler's success. My guess is he won't.

It's according how you measure success.  I guess. 

BoxNOne

If a state championship is how you measure success there are a whole lot of unsuccessful coaches around. Fowler accomplished about everything else but that one very hard to achieve goal. I don't think Marmaduke has one of those in girls either but I could be wrong. Lots of very good girls teams in 2A.

razorbackhog

I'm not saying BIC will win a state championship. And I didn't say Fowler wasn't or isn't a good coach. He was very successful and had great talent to work with. The new coach has good talent to work with. I'm just saying from what I have heard their styles and philosophy's are different and that the team feels they are in great shape and are playing at a different level.

Now all that remains to be seen until they play someone.

ASURedWolf6

Marmaduke will run away with the girls title.. Nowhere close, IMO.
They've made state semis last year and return a lot, anything less than another deep, deep state tourney run for them will be disappointing. After that I had heard Earle's girls weren't bad.. BIC will be better, maybe a lot better. Rector will be down, graduated conference POY and a ton of talent. Riverside will be down. Marked Tree will be down. EPC might be a sleeper depending on their numbers, they still have two solid guards. Cross Co bad.. CRA, I don't know if they have a team.

ASURedWolf6

Boys is going to be wild.. Earle will be a headache and make a run at the conference title, heard they have young talent so they'll be around a while.
BIC lost some to graduation and a solid sophomore to be, but they'll be a contenders with Coach T. EPC is EPC, new coach or not winning is what they want to do and will be highly competitive again. Rector lost an all-state player and almost all of their scoring load. Marked Tree, who knows.. They could beat anyone and look good on a Tuesday and be a completely different team on Friday night. Riverside will be competitive enough to make the regional and possibly state tourney. Marmaduke has two good players not much after that. Cross Co will be young. And CRA plays crazy.. Should be at the bottom.

Predictions: GIRLS, M'duke, Earle, BIC, Riverside, Rector, EPC, MT, CC, CRA?
BOYS: Earle, BIC, EPC, Riverside, Marked Tree, Rector, Marmaduke, CC, CRA.

razorbackhog

Mustang4Life, what are you hearing out of BIC regarding the boys and girls.  With my previous comments I am hearing it is all work for both teams and both have a lot of energy and are excited about the work and are looking forward to the upcoming season.  I found out that Coach Yates hasn't coached high school basketball since the 04-05 season when he was at Swifton and got beat in the quarterfinals of the A state tournament.  Friend of mine said he went something like 28-9 and undefeated in the conference that year.  Wonder if he will be able to shake 10 years of rust off??

BoxNOne

Quote from: ASURedWolf235 on August 28, 2014, 03:28:55 am
Marmaduke will run away with the girls title.. Nowhere close, IMO.
They've made state semis last year and return a lot, anything less than another deep, deep state tourney run for them will be disappointing. After that I had heard Earle's girls weren't bad.. BIC will be better, maybe a lot better. Rector will be down, graduated conference POY and a ton of talent. Riverside will be down. Marked Tree will be down. EPC might be a sleeper depending on their numbers, they still have two solid guards. Cross Co bad.. CRA, I don't know if they have a team.

CRA will not have a sr. girls team but will have a jr girls team.

BoxNOne

Bdub, if you see this check your pm's.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: razorbackhog on August 28, 2014, 06:42:23 am
Mustang4Life, what are you hearing out of BIC regarding the boys and girls.  With my previous comments I am hearing it is all work for both teams and both have a lot of energy and are excited about the work and are looking forward to the upcoming season.  I found out that Coach Yates hasn't coached high school basketball since the 04-05 season when he was at Swifton and got beat in the quarterfinals of the A state tournament.  Friend of mine said he went something like 28-9 and undefeated in the conference that year.  Wonder if he will be able to shake 10 years of rust off??

I have heard the girls are  working hard & accepting what Coach Yates throws at them.  1st team camp they had without Yates didn't go so good. The next next one with him they looked alot better.

The Boys--  we did lose some to graduation & Trey went to play golf at Jonesboro.  BUT I think those roles will be filled & with Coach T at the reigns they will be fine.  Like I said yesterday. They will jump out on top probably win the conference & then battle Earle for the top spot in the District.    ALL of that is IF Pike keeps his head & gets everyone involved on scoring because he will get his most of the nights.

BoxNOne

Red Rider or NEA Olfan, do either one of you know if Marmaduke and Brookland girls play this season? That would be a matchup I would like to see.

Basketballfan13

Quote from: BoxNOne on September 05, 2014, 07:55:01 am
Red Rider or NEA Olfan, do either one of you know if Marmaduke and Brookland girls play this season? That would be a matchup I would like to see.
They do not play each other anymore. That would be a fun match up to watch though!

NEA Razorback olfan

I haven't seen the Brookland girls schedule , just what's on the AAA sight, but I don't believe they play each other this season. Coach Richey did mention trying to get in a tourney that GCT was going to start hosting, not sure of dates or who may be in it. Kind of like the McDonalds shoot out that Paragould host each year. The Duke and Brookland would be a great game! I do know that the Bopp girl played on same AAU team with Long,  Milligan, and Thompson from Brookland.

BoxNOne

I think M'duke is usually in McDonald's shoot out. Too bad they won't play. Those two and Valley View probably best three girls teams in NEA.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: BoxNOne on September 05, 2014, 07:55:01 am

Box , I believe the Riverside Lady Rebels come to Brookland 11/13

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas