• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clarendon State Final Shirt

Started by hogsfan4life, March 18, 2014, 11:17:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsfan4life

Just letting everyone know that I called the AAA to complain about the shirt error stating Clarendon Tigers, instead of Clarendon Lions. The told me that they did not make the shirt but a company out of Little Rock named Image One did. Their number is 501-663-9595. I have called and complained stating I would like a new and corrected shirt. They told me they offered it to us at a discount of $10 at the game. The original price was $15. I told them quite frankly that was unacceptable, as I and many others did not buy the shirt at the game because it had our incorrect mascot. They told me they have no plans to remake the shirt.

I figure, if we can get enough people to call and complain then maybe that will change. An error like this is inexcusable. Clarendon has not been in this position before and it really frustrates me that my little hometown was not allowed to purchase a little piece of history for us. As in many delta towns, times are tough and it certainly does not look to be getting better in the delta.

Baller Fan35

The AAA should take responsibility for correcting this because image one is contracted through them and no one else is allowed to make or sale apparel related to post season play. AAA is using this "we didn't make them" as a cop out. You should give the AAA number as well for complaints. Maybe another school won't have to go through this due to their lack of over site. AAA should have to approve all apparel made making sure it's correct and representing each member school accurately.

hogsfan4life

I agree. It most definitely is a cop out and I argued with them stating they were a contractor of them and the AAA should be help responsible. I hate the AAA anyways and think a complete overhaul is necessary.. I won't go there. However, if enough people call both maybe we can get it fixed.

Arkansas Activities Association
3920 Richards Rd
North Little Rock, AR 72117-2920
Phone: (501) 955-2500

MomaLion

Quote from: hogsfan4life on March 18, 2014, 11:17:38 am
Just letting everyone know that I called the AAA to complain about the shirt error stating Clarendon Tigers, instead of Clarendon Lions. The told me that they did not make the shirt but a company out of Little Rock named Image One did. Their number is 501-663-9595. I have called and complained stating I would like a new and corrected shirt. They told me they offered it to us at a discount of $10 at the game. The original price was $15. I told them quite frankly that was unacceptable, as I and many others did not buy the shirt at the game because it had our incorrect mascot. They told me they have no plans to remake the shirt.

I figure, if we can get enough people to call and complain then maybe that will change. An error like this is inexcusable. Clarendon has not been in this position before and it really frustrates me that my little hometown was not allowed to purchase a little piece of history for us. As in many delta towns, times are tough and it certainly does not look to be getting better in the delta.
They refused to give several fans the discounted price.  Even went as far as trying to charge one of the coaches wives extra because she got upset with them.  I posted on FB that all Clarendon fans were to get the discounted rate so everyone would be sure to ask for it and they refused to give it when asked.  I had to INSIST on talking to the person in charge and he told me that we would all receive a discount but then his worker people wouldn't honor it.  Inexcusable and I will definitely be calling!

hogsfan4life

Image One called me back today and agreed to make us corrected shirts. There were 4 different styles and I believe they said were going to remake 1 style? Not entirely sure on that though. But they said they would charge $10 a shirt and needed to know how many and sizes. I am going to call Mr. Vent tomorrow and convey this info. Maybe he can pass around something at school and figure out sizes and how many shirts. Image One was very gracious and I honestly can't believe that the AAA passed the blame so quickly. I will try and get the word out to all the powers that be to get our proud little community a piece of history. Thanks everyone and the mods for the sticky!

Batman44

HorseFeathers

Quote from: hogsfan4life on March 19, 2014, 06:49:57 pm
Image One called me back today and agreed to make us corrected shirts. There were 4 different styles and I believe they said were going to remake 1 style? Not entirely sure on that though. But they said they would charge $10 a shirt and needed to know how many and sizes. I am going to call Mr. Vent tomorrow and convey this info. Maybe he can pass around something at school and figure out sizes and how many shirts. Image One was very gracious and I honestly can't believe that the AAA passed the blame so quickly. I will try and get the word out to all the powers that be to get our proud little community a piece of history. Thanks everyone and the mods for the sticky!

Not a problem...glad you guys got a fix from one of the companies/entities that messed up.

MomaLion

Quote from: hogsfan4life on March 19, 2014, 06:49:57 pm

It could have had something to do with lots of people posting negative comments on their site lol. 
My only issue is that I already bought 3 shirts, now they want us to buy more.  Now I did get the discounted price on 2 of those...my daughter went and got one without me and she didn't get the discount even though she asked for it.
Do we know which design is being remade?  We bought 2 of the bright colored shirt and one of the blue.

Lions84

Good to hear we will get a corrected shirt.  The mistake was inexcusable in my book.

MomaLion

Lions84

I going to just order me a custom one.

MomaLion

They shouldn't be let off the hook so easily. I could overlook the misprint because mistakes happen, but I can't overlook the crappy way they treated a lot of Clarendon fans when questioned about it.

Lions84

Well I going to get one made as soon as I pay for Cheerleading.  We had uniform fittings today.

MomaLion

Lol, I hear ya. We have tryouts tomorrow.

Lions84

Quote from: MomaLion on April 02, 2014, 03:06:54 pm
Lol, I hear ya. We have tryouts tomorrow.

The Money Pit continues thank goodness for me at least I don't have to worry about tryouts anymore.  At our HS if you cheer 9th, 10th and 11th and you never got too many demerits or benched for grades you don't have to tryout for your SR year.

Moonshiner

I know they messed up some of the regional tournament tshirts as well.  Left two or three teams completely off.
Might wanna consider proofing those before printing.

Lions84

Quote from: Moonshiner on April 07, 2014, 11:53:46 am
I know they messed up some of the regional tournament tshirts as well.  Left two or three teams completely off.
Might wanna consider proofing those before printing.

Yes and for AAA to always act like they know best are they are perfect this type of error shows the whole bunch needs to take a long hard look in the mirror and make some changes.

NEASPORTSFAN

April 08, 2014, 11:01:43 am #17 Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 03:01:28 pm by phstiger
X

HorseFeathers

Quote from: phstiger on April 08, 2014, 11:01:43 am
Unfortunately, I had an incident several years ago with Image One. They made shirts for an invitational tournament we had and spelled Manila with two L's, and messed up the mascot for another team. I understand things happen sometimes, but I ended up stuck with a bunch of shirts they refused to take back and we had to eat the bill.

Sounds like if your dealing with them you need to get a contract set up that forces them to actually get things right, or as you said eat the bill...

NEark tigers

If that was a team from central or NW Arkansas, they would have fixed the problem quickly. Just my opinion.

Lions84

It is time then for AAA to boot Image one off their vender list.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas