• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 2A State Championship(BOYS): Cedar Ridge vs. Clarendon(VOTE)

Started by Brian G, March 11, 2014, 05:41:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins

Clarendon
29 (30.5%)
Cedar Ridge
66 (69.5%)

Total Members Voted: 95

Voting closed: March 14, 2014, 06:57:56 pm

mtindian42

I forgot about them yeah you would have to make them a slight favorite...

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: BoxNOne on March 15, 2014, 09:31:29 pm
Congrats to CR on bringing title back to NEA. By the way, don't forget about Earle next year.

The NEA is 6-1 this year in State Finals!!

mtindian42

Sweet

Quote from: itdontcare on March 15, 2014, 08:46:56 pm
Could someone post the 5A girls score. Some reason no one covered the game on the 5A thread. Thanks!

Paragould
Huntsville 45

tacomeat

Quote from: brock on March 15, 2014, 09:22:33 pm
Quote from: mtindian42 on March 15, 2014, 09:20:33 pm
good year to both... Cr could play with Episcopal...

Yeah didn't they lose to Brookland on a buzzer beater with their best player hurt? They won 4A.
Yep, lost on a buzzer beater w/out S. Reaves. Also was their 4th game in 5 days playing Valley View, Greene Co. Tech, Jonesboro, then Brookland. Not an excuse for them, but if healthy they win that match up.

Cheek

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on March 15, 2014, 09:25:52 pm
Clarendon favorite to win next year I would imagine.

Clarendon has everyone back from a two loss team,  and will be one of the top teams in 2A next year.  There are several teams that return most of their players next year including Earle, Junction City, England and BIC.  This will likely be your top five for next season.

mtindian42

you can see photos of this game at jays photography and design. NICE SHOTS...

Batman44

baseball13

Free throws win Championships. Was not at the game but I did not think Clarendon was that good. I watch them in the state tourney and they should have lost to BIC and JC. If either team hit free throws they would have won by 10 or so, but its like I have always been told that's why you play the game and it don't matter if you are the best team because sometimes the best team don't play up and lost and Clarendon was in the game enough to some how pull them out. Cedar Ridge was the best team in the state and it proved tonight. With that being said good job to both teams on the great season.

hogsfan4life

To say Clarendon was not that good is an idiotic statement. How can anyone take anything else you said seriously when you open with such an idiotic statement?

Bearcatparent

Quote from: tacomeat on March 15, 2014, 09:59:36 pm

Yeah didn't they lose to Brookland on a buzzer beater with their best player hurt? They won 4A.
Yep, lost on a buzzer beater w/out S. Reaves. Also was their 4th game in 5 days playing Valley View, Greene Co. Tech, Jonesboro, then Brookland. Not an excuse for them, but if healthy they win that match up.
That match up had already played out twice, once each year prior to that as well with the outcome being the same but with a different margin. Reaves would have changed the game for sure but not necessarily the outcome. Just because he is in the game does not give them the win. The whole game would have been different and if you can predict the outcome I would like to borrow your crystal ball. Brookland had also played 3 games prior to that in 4 days I believe in Beebe against, Ark Baptist, Cabot, and Beebe then had Clarksville and GCT before playing that game. No doubt CR is good and they have one of the best players in the state for sure.  Congrats to them on their repeat and good luck to their Sr players on their future ball endeavors.

Besides that Episcopal is a good team that played some quality games coming up short against NLR by 1, McClellan by 3 and a 5 point win over Fair.

Lions84

CR played better and made the shots while we had some cold spells. CONGRATULATIONS to the Timberwolves.

Lions84

Quote from: bleudog on March 15, 2014, 09:18:06 pm
Final

1st    2nd    3rd    4th    Total
Clarendon        17     3      9      11       40
Cedar Ridge     21    10    13      20       64

Thanks Bleu Good Season Lions 30-2 . State Runner up.

brown2010

No brookland would not have been close if spencers on court but that's history cr state champs again

BoxNOne

Quote from: brown2010 on March 16, 2014, 08:22:10 am
No brookland would not have been close if spencers on court but that's history cr state champs again

Definetely +1

brock

Do they not have the stats for this game like the others? I'm guessing it was the last game or something?

Brian G

WhiteRiverMonster

As a CR fan I could not be more pumped and proud of our boys. Thank you from one fan to others for all the congratulations on here as well as support from people not from our area. All of the Clarendon fans around me at the game were super sweet, respectful and congratulatory, and I'm very appreciative for that as well. People complimenting the boys respectfulness in person and on here is just as great as any athletic compliment, they are such a wonderful group and I'm sad that the brothers plus Easley setup has played it's last united game.

There's a good chance that this post will be my 2A board swan song since CR is moving to 3A next year. I don't post frequently but creep constantly. Thank you to all the posters for keeping it entertaining and usually relatively focused and calm.  & of course thanks to you guys for the wonderful congratulatory words and support as well.

Thank you 2A for a wonderful season. Best wishes, best health, & BOE!
Sincerely,
The Monster

bleudog

Cheek

CR was the team to beat when the season started, and they proved it in the finals.  I can not believe they mercy ruled Clarendon in the finals.   Going back to back is impressive.   

MomaLion

We definitely have it in our sights.  Just need to do the work to get there.  You never can tell from season to season.  We will return all starters and most subs(only graduating 2).  It was a fun ride but i'm glad it's time for a break lol...except now I get to start cheer tryouts lol.

MomaLion

Quote from: Cheek on March 15, 2014, 10:19:46 pm

Clarendon has everyone back from a two loss team,  and will be one of the top teams in 2A next year.  There are several teams that return most of their players next year including Earle, Junction City, England and BIC.  This will likely be your top five for next season.
+1

Lions84

doubled

Quote from: Bearcatparent on March 16, 2014, 01:42:31 am

That match up had already played out twice, once each year prior to that as well with the outcome being the same but with a different margin. Reaves would have changed the game for sure but not necessarily the outcome. Just because he is in the game does not give them the win. The whole game would have been different and if you can predict the outcome I would like to borrow your crystal ball. Brookland had also played 3 games prior to that in 4 days I believe in Beebe against, Ark Baptist, Cabot, and Beebe then had Clarksville and GCT before playing that game. No doubt CR is good and they have one of the best players in the state for sure.  Congrats to them on their repeat and good luck to their Sr players on their future ball endeavors.

Besides that Episcopal is a good team that played some quality games coming up short against NLR by 1, McClellan by 3 and a 5 point win over Fair.
I was at both games first at Newport Spencer played 3 min and got 3 fouls called on him sit the rest of the half comes back in the 3rd plays 2 more min and gets a crap call then a technical and gone and Brookland wins by 8. Second game he doesn't play at all and Brookland hits a NBA 3 to win by 1 in the last seconds. You know if he plays in both games Yall lose and I don't need a crystal ball to know that. That said Brookland is a great team with a ton of heart and deserve what they accomplished this year congratulations.

Bearcatparent

Quote from: doubled on March 22, 2014, 11:37:56 pm
Quote from: Bearcatparent on March 16, 2014, 01:42:31 am

I was at both games first at Newport Spencer played 3 min and got 3 fouls called on him sit the rest of the half comes back in the 3rd plays 2 more min and gets a crap call then a technical and gone and Brookland wins by 8. Second game he doesn't play at all and Brookland hits a NBA 3 to win by 1 in the last seconds. You know if he plays in both games Yall lose and I don't need a crystal ball to know that. That said Brookland is a great team with a ton of heart and deserve what they accomplished this year congratulations.
Thanks for your rendention and I agree there were some questionable calls made in Newport, on both teams, but I guess more so on Cedar Ridge since Spencer had to set. As for the Jonesboro game I would also say that is when Brookland seemed to be playing at their worst not their best. 21 wins in a row in a pretty tough 4A conference would validate that. Put the two teams on the floor at both of theirs best and it would be a great game to watch but I still believe Brookland would win if even by 1 on a NBA 3. NOT taking ANYTHING away from Cedar Ridge I just believe in the Brookland kids that much. Thank you also for the congrats and same to Cedar Ridge x 2 for the repeat. Two very well coached teams with some gritty players. 

BoxNOne

Bearcat, I don't know about that "pretty tough" 4A conference statement. Cedar Ridge crushed Westside and Valley View in the NEA when S. reeves was playing right before Barry Pruitt Classic.

Bearcatparent

I meant overall 4A with the teams such as Marianna, Stuttgart, Dollarway, Lincoln, Monticello and Lonoke, which are teams they played through regional and state not just the 3-4A teams we played in our district. 

Bottom line is this, I am not taking anything away from Cedar Ridge as they are an outstanding team and have proved that. I was simply toughting Brookland the same way the poster was that said if Spencer was playing Cedar Ridge would win that game. I feel like it would have surely been a different game but that does not automatically give them the win. Every kid on the court would have probably played different if he had been playing so who knows the exact outcome. Brookland is an outstanding team as well and I am just a Brookland supporter that wanted to show my support for them by giving my thoughts on the game and its possible outcome. It is like one poster has stated on another thread, if you want to be the best you have to play and beat the best and both of these teams played games this year that where scheduled to prepare them to be able to show they were the best and they both succeeded and became State Champs and even more impressive was CR made it a back to back. Congrats to both of these teams.   

doubled

Bearcatparent thanks for the congratulations and the same to Brookland. Other than CR Brookland is my favorite team and they have great fans and super kids. We will never know the outcome if Spencer was playing but we do know it would have been one heck of a game. These two teams are tuff as u can get. Wear those rings proud BEARCATS!!!!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas