• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Region 2A-North @Pangburn

Started by Brian G, February 23, 2014, 12:53:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragon77

Wow, I was not expecting it to be that lopsided. I watched CR at JHS, and was impressed. They are fun to watch. Good luck the rest of the way !   

Elvis

Very impressed with both Cedar Ridge teams. The girls started out hot by hitting 8 3s in the first half and led by as many as 17. MT clawed back to 1 pt but never could get over the hump. Been many years since I've seen EPC skull dragged like that. Started 15-0 and CR never looked back with mercy rule.

Dragon77

Was the CR defense a factor in the score, or was EPC getting open shots, and unable to finish ? EPC has a good team, but the shots do not fall occasionally,and perhaps that was the case tonight ?         

Timberwolf08

I would say defense...but I might be biased. The younger Crabtree and Reaves are really tough defenders. Older Crabtree and Easley are very very tough in the paint.

Refs also didn't let cheap shots go in the paint, shoving and throwing elbows got called so the Scales brothers got in foul trouble. One of them fouled out with about 5 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter.

Dragon77

Thanks for the info. CR does play tough man to man defense. I enjoyed watching them play defense, as much as watching them play offense. Best wishes the rest of the way !     

leedog95

Cedar Ridge was just by far the better team. They will be hard to beat in the playoffs...

bbfan89

Spencer Reeves was hot as always. I hope he does the same to BIC. No question that CR was the better team last night. EPC is not the team they were a couple of years ago and unfortunately for CR they are going to experience life after Spencer next year on top of a new classification. I would like to be able to watch CR and JC in the state semis next Saturday. One of the two best teams in the state will not make the finals if that happens.
The best road to a finals birth is a 2 or 3 seed out of the north and the 1 and 4 will have to deal with the south region. After EPC got down they decided to preserve the legs to fight for a 3 seed. As for comments about dirty play by EPC, CR does the same things. They are all working for an advantage any way they can get it.

bdubyab60

I can tell you now the Scales brothers aren't giving anything they aren't getting. CR is by no means a clean team. I've seen them several times and they get every advantage they can just like any other team.

Timberwolf08

I wasn't meaning it wasn't a battle inside, the brothers got a little too obvious for normal play though, probably out of sheer frustration. I can't remember if it was the 4th or 5th where he jumped on Crabtree's back and just kinda sat there.

As far as "life after Spencer," the littles don't get much credit with Spencer and Cole doing most of the scoring, but Austin and Cade are real offensive threats when they have to be. We won't lose Easley inside next year either, and have two very talented freshmen moving up in Taylor Ford and Tanner Vinson. Keagan Harrison also got considerable playing time when Austin was out with his shoulder injury and is a flat out hustler. I don't think they'll make a title run next year, especially moving up to 3A,  but I think a lot of people are underestimating them.

MomaLion

The same thing happened to our guys when Jamarlin Jackson played. He was so flashy that most didn't realize the other talent there as well and were shocked when they were still good after Jamarlin was gone. I believe several of our starters are just as good this year as well.

doubledribble

Ole Double Dribble will take CR by 15 tonight.  Ole DD thanks CR is just to good for BIC. 

Batman44

Didn't realize CR and JC would meet in semis, if everything goes as predicted. Of course, things don't always don't work out as predicted, as we all know. Just hope CR is not the one to mess up those predictions. And, Double Dribble, just what is your record concerning predictions? Lol

Batman44

My predictions are 53% correct 74% of the time:)

Basketballfan13

Quote from: Batman44 on March 01, 2014, 10:29:25 am
My predictions are 53% correct 74% of the time:)
"They've done studies, you know. 60 percent of the time, it works every time." — Brian Fantana

doubledribble

Mine aren't nearly that good Batman, but you can take the "W" to the bank on CR tonight.  Lol

Batman44

I'll just bet the farm on it then:)

BoxNOne

I think we will have two double digit winners tonight.Cr boys and M'duke girls.

bdubyab60

Quote from: BoxNOne on March 01, 2014, 12:00:15 pm
Im riding with you box. Only way BIC keeps it close is if they play good and charge man is calling the game.

BoxNOne

He is there. I would love to know if he calls BIC game.

ISU7

Quote from: Batman44 on March 01, 2014, 11:24:41 am
I'll just bet the farm on it then:)
Is it old Mcdonald's farm..lol

jomo

Quote from: bdubyab60 on March 01, 2014, 01:51:22 pm
Quote from: BoxNOne on March 01, 2014, 12:00:15 pm
Im riding with you box. Only way BIC keeps it close is if they play good and charge man is calling the game.
AGREED @bdubyab60

Batman44

bdubyab60

Quote from: BoxNOne on March 01, 2014, 02:03:54 pm
He is there. I would love to know if he calls BIC game.
He called the EPC against Salem. Called 3 charges and apologized to Hill for 2 of them.

bdubyab60

bdubyab60

I'm told charge man is on scene for this game

BoxNOne

I watched channel 8 highlights of CR-EPC game last night. Spencer Reeves was on fire. Catch and shoot 3's, step back 3's and off the dribble 3's. He was not wide open on any of the ones they showed. Plus he can drive. Didn't look like there was a lot EPC could do with him.

BoxNOne

Quote from: bdubyab60 on March 01, 2014, 03:55:24 pm

Bdub, I'm not sure charge man can do enough for BIC tonight. He'll do what he can but if Spencer Reeves is on like he was against EPC it will be a blow out!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BoxNOne on March 01, 2014, 07:27:59 pm
Quote from: bdubyab60 on March 01, 2014, 03:55:24 pm

Bdub, I'm not sure charge man can do enough for BIC tonight. He'll do what he can but if Spencer Reeves is on like he was against EPC it will be a blow out!

But...if charge man gives Reeves 3 fouls in the first quarter will it matter how on fire he is?

BoxNOne

Donnie Jamon

Bic up on CR 49-48 with 6 min left n game

bdubyab60

Maybe CR overlooked BIC after that thumping they gave us last night.

Donnie Jamon

Donnie Jamon

Donnie Jamon

Donnie Jamon

Donnie Jamon

Donnie Jamon

Donnie Jamon

BoxNOne

Sounds like BIC kind of blew this one. Outscored 15-6 over last 4 minutes. Still a great effort. BIC now in state bracket with JC and Clarendon. Cedar in with Blevins.

HORNET-MAN

Who finished 4th in the boys..trying to see who blevins will play.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: HORNET-MAN on March 01, 2014, 09:44:59 pm
Who finished 4th in the boys..trying to see who blevins will play.

Augusta

Elvis

Sad to see all the talent Augusta has had the last 4 to 5 years and nothing good comes out of it. Coach isn't too swift. Should be a final four team every year.

HORNET-MAN

brown2010

bic 10 pt lead and legendary coach couldn't hold, fab five never gave up and u don't put spencer on ft line in game situations. good person but taylor begs and whined all night. should have been teed up early. good luck to everyone at state

cr got  hit free throws 4 quarters not 2

aroundthehorn1

Funny how you take a punch at Coach Taylor when he had his team in a position to win against the defending State Champions who had everyone back. Also while nobody have BIC a chance lol! Get a life man. Not many out there better than Coach Taylor.

Timberwolf08

BIC gave CR a tough run. Good luck to them next week!

brown2010

nothing bad at him just said he was after refs 20 seconds into game and never let up.  good game and good luck next week

Radiotalker

Quote from: brown2010 on March 01, 2014, 11:31:47 pm
nothing bad at him just said he was after refs 20 seconds into game and never let up.  good game and good luck next week

Sounds like a coaching working the officials. Usually what good coaches do.

bdubyab60

Campbell and Taylor work em from start to finish

BoxNOne

Quote from: aroundthehorn1 on March 01, 2014, 11:16:35 pm
Funny how you take a punch at Coach Taylor when he had his team in a position to win against the defending State Champions who had everyone back. Also while nobody have BIC a chance lol! Get a life man. Not many out there better than Coach Taylor.

None in 2a any better than Bill Taylor IMO. That being said, he does cry and whine way too much.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas