• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WHO WINS IT ALL?

Started by mtindian42, February 23, 2014, 09:42:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Gonzo

Good lord that's some size for 2a as bad as I wish you could you cant coach height or we would all have a group of 6'4 and up kids. Do you have any idea what kind if defense they run? Press or not

BoxNOne

I have seen them play a few times and the above rundown is pretty accurate. Probably have more talent and size than anybody in 2A-3 conference. That being said, they don't really have a style of play and don't game plan well. 6'6" guy floats around perimeter and fires 3's and doesn't appear to be a great shooter. They have made me scratch my head every time I have seen them but if they throw in some shots they could pull an upset on anyone.

Dr. Gonzo

Honestly i scratched my head a time or two watching JC all the talent in the world just not utilizing it to their best advantage I appreciate the heads up and wish everybody's teams the best of luck just want all the boys and girls to play hard and safe!

THA TRUTH

It's the coach and has been for the last 3 years

BearFan12

I'm not judging them of two games,but the close game we gave them and concord beating them has something in common were both from the north.i think cedar has great chance to repeat and for people who think it's just spencer they are wrong.i think only thing that could stop them is foul trouble they don't use their bench much.

realist11

Saavy

Someone on here made mention of experience as one of the reasons one team would win the tourney.  By class, Clarendon's starting five are juniors and sophmores.  They will lose two players to graduation after this year.    Clarendon beat several teams, in tournament play, who are representing their conferences in the state tournament.  Clarendon beat LR McClellan, Dumas, Stuttgart, and PB Dollarway.  All of which are very strong non-conference opponents.  Although "who you beat" doesn't necessarily mean you are better than another team, it does mean that you are battle tested and should not be counted out.  JC, CR, and Blevins are very good and very talented teams.  I have watched all four mentioned above in action.  It will be a very interesting tournament and probably the best in a long while.  My pick goes with Clarendon because of their defensive ability, speed, and more importantly their ability to score in a hurry.  This team has several student-athletes with the ability to take over a game.  Watch out for the Knox kid!  He is something to watch!

Kendanj@hotmail.com

March 06, 2014, 03:42:02 pm #107 Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 03:45:46 pm by Kendanj@hotmail.com
Cedar ridge up 56 to 51 with 2 minutes left

Kendanj@hotmail.com

Blevins beat Augusta 59 to 42

THA TRUTH

Comparing scores imma say Blevins wins the top side

redrider30

Not good enough to beat Cedar Ridge!!!

BrianfromCarlisle

MomaLion

Clarendon is in the bottom bracket. We get BIC or Bearden Monday.

Kendanj@hotmail.com

Not so sure about that at this point anyone can be beat cause cedar ridge had another scare yesterday with dermott so I would say their not good enough!

TheKoozie

Just because the older reaves' 3 pointer wasn't falling doesn't mean CR had a bad game. He and the older Crabtree scored 25 and 23 respectively. Wouldn't call that a bad game. Not to mention rebounding by the older Crabtree and defense by the whole team.

MomaLion

As a whole I was disappointed in CR against Dermott. I haven't seen them play this season and assumed it was an off game.

ISU7

Quote from: MomaLion on March 08, 2014, 04:41:29 am
As a whole I was disappointed in CR against Dermott. I haven't seen them play this season and assumed it was an off game.
Well the Lions must be a super team because this same CR team you're disappointed with won state last season smh...lol ;D ;D 8)

Timberwolf08

CR didn't shoot to their capabilities, but truly having an off shooting game and still finding a way to win is what makes them impressive.

mom18

I haven't been impressed with what I have seen from Cedar Ridge.

BoxNOne

I have seen CR a few times lately and I don't think they playing at the level they did in last years state. That being said, when they put it together they will beat anybody in this years state. Ask EPC about the regional game last week (a pretty good EPC team got mauled).

MomaLion

Quote from: ISU7 on March 08, 2014, 08:25:02 am
Well the Lions must be a super team because this same CR team you're disappointed with won state last season smh...lol ;D ;D 8)
You clearly need to learn to read. I didn't say they were not good or overrated...I said I assumed they had a bad day. I've only seen them that once so that's all I have to go off of. If that was their best, then yes I think they aren't as good as I thought they were. And yes Clarendon is good...Are they good enough?...we will have to wait and see.

Bigboy870

Well I personally haven't seen Clarendon play but heard they are tough and as for cr the 2 games I seen them play they didn't impress me like I thought they would. Now personally from the teams I have seen PLAY so far I think Blevins has a great shot at it also plus being opposite Clarendon is good for them. I think this yr their are a few teams that has a chance at it!

MomaLion

I haven't seen Blevins play yet but I hear they are for real.

Kendanj@hotmail.com

I agree they are for real for some reason they don't get enough credit at all I mean they arnt 40-1 for no reason. I personally feel they have proved their selves, they are a team that plays together that's what makes them good

MomaLion

March 08, 2014, 12:21:49 pm #124 Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 12:23:28 pm by MomaLion
It's because they are new on the scene. It takes a couple years of playing well to earn that respect. We are just now getting some credit after this being our 3rd year to go to state with a good team...at least that's as far back as I remember lol.

Cheek

Quote from: Kendanj@hotmail.com on March 08, 2014, 12:18:40 pm
I agree they are for real for some reason they don't get enough credit at all I mean they arnt 40-1 for no reason. I personally feel they have proved their selves, they are a team that plays together that's what makes them good

To bad their season has to end Monday.  I mean 40-2 is considered a great season.  CR is the team to beat, and if you can not see that, you must be blind.

Dr. Gonzo

Cheek you have a lot of confidence in England I like that but I think you are underestimating Blevins, I can't guarantee a victory for them but England will have all they can handle and I don't want you to be too shocked if Blevins plays in the semis.

BigLion10

Like the confidence cheek hope we play like that lol england no doubt is a huge underdog in this fight and have there hands full. Blevins is the real deal and it will take a a+ effort Mondayto pull out the victory

Cheek

Quote from: Dr. Gonzo on March 08, 2014, 03:17:13 pm
Cheek you have a lot of confidence in England I like that but I think you are underestimating Blevins, I can't guarantee a victory for them but England will have all they can handle and I don't want you to be too shocked if Blevins plays in the semis.

If Blevins wins, good for them.  If England's offense can start clicking, they should be okay.  Blevins will face ball pressure like they have not faced all year, and this includes JC.  I watched the game, and JC does not man up like England.

Kendanj@hotmail.com

Well if u watched the jc Blevins game then u did see the pressure Blevins puts on then. They must be just alike then so it will be a good game! I believe Blevins will come out on top because they play very good team ball and if one is having a bad game someone will def take up the slack. So I guess we will see come Monday

Cheek

Quote from: Kendanj@hotmail.com on March 08, 2014, 04:31:35 pm
Well if u watched the jc Blevins game then u did see the pressure Blevins puts on then. They must be just alike then so it will be a good game! I believe Blevins will come out on top because they play very good team ball and if one is having a bad game someone will def take up the slack. So I guess we will see come Monday

England goes 9 deep, I hope the one sub for Blevins is ready to play. 

Kendanj@hotmail.com

Well the thing with that is when the 5 on the floor play like they do you really don't need a bench. And they have 8 that can go but only uses #12 when he just really has to. Because to be honest the only time a coach uses his bench is when the others are tired, so u get the pic right?

thabeast428

I didn't see blevins pressure the ball at all other than when jc had the ball down low. They played more zone and in the passing lanes. But they good and their pg is bout the best I seen handling the ball

Kendanj@hotmail.com

Yes they have a great point guard and only in the 10th grade he handles pressure well! So pressure isn't much of a factor for them. I know everyone has their favorites in the tournement and like I said before there are some grey teams this year

Turkey tail

I've noticed it's a lot people on here downing Blevins ? What have them kids done to any of y'all that talk down they very respectful they well coached and they got out like everybody else lace shoes and play basketball represent for there school coach parents and I find that amazing. Only time will tell who wins between Blevins and England I promise Blevins will be ready

Elvis

Sounds like Blevins might be the team to beat. Wasn't impressed with JC all. They struggled against EPC weakest team in 10 years. How about the sore losers from Bearden. Wouldn't even shake hands with the BIC kids after they loss. Nice gym at Hampton very impressed. Nothing better than small Arkansas high school basketball.

MomaLion

Congrats to BIC...We know we have our work cut out for us.

ak58

Can I get someone's full honest scouting report on Marmaduke? Haven't had a chance to watch them play!

thabeast428

ELVIS I dnt remember seeing anyone shaking hands after the game or at least the Jc and EPC game. Probably bc they had to get off the court for the next game to begin

Elvis

Marmaduke is a very very good girls team. They have the best SG in 2A in Jr Sidney Bopp. They have 2 more guards they are good also. In the post they have 3 big girls in Price, Richey & I think her name is Blackburn  that are physical. All girls shoot the. 3 we'll and they rebound well. If you can't get back after a made or missed basket they will ram it down your throat. Probably one of the best condition teams in the state.

THA TRUTH

Quote from: thabeast428 on March 09, 2014, 01:26:35 pm
ELVIS I dnt remember seeing anyone shaking hands after the game or at least the Jc and EPC game. Probably bc they had to get off the court for the next game to begin

U didn't pay any attention cause every team shook hands except for some bearden players but as for jc epc game jc played one of the worst games I've seen them play in all honesty they have picked a bad time to start playing bad like they did their last two games

MomaLion

Our players and cheerleaders always shake hands. Our coach would be livid if some didn't.

BoxNOne

Quote from: THA TRUTH on March 09, 2014, 01:49:56 pm
Quote from: thabeast428 on March 09, 2014, 01:26:35 pm

U didn't pay any attention cause every team shook hands except for some bearden players but as for jc epc game jc played one of the worst games I've seen them play in all honesty they have picked a bad time to start playing bad like they did their last two games

Could be because competition is better now.

BoxNOne

The BIC vs Clarendon and Blevins vs England games tomorrow should be two great games tomorrow.

BrianfromCarlisle

MomaLion

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on March 09, 2014, 02:05:36 pm
Let's go Lions!
We still have one boys and one girls team left from the 6...let's go Lions and Lady Tigers!!!

BrianfromCarlisle

As hard as it is to root for the Tigers, I hope they go all the way.   I want to see both Clarendon and England in the next round

ak58

Kendanj@hotmail.com

Well it's def gonna be a good one between Blevins and England Monday I'm a Blevins fan so def rooting for them! All I know is Blevins has been the underdog this whole time and no matter what they do it's never enough for anyone

MomaLion

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas