• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ADG Super Six

Started by bleudog, January 12, 2014, 09:14:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

thabeast428

Comparing scores means nthn jc has only played 13 games and only practiced 3 days before first game.  Gurdon was their 2nd game I believe.

hawgfan15

Quote from: Dragon I on January 25, 2014, 05:52:19 pm
Quote from: Kendanj@hotmail.com on January 25, 2014, 09:35:29 am
Actually the size of Blevins was wrong because #24 river kirkam is 6'4 all the way an #2 tank woodley is 6'3 250 and moves like he weighes 100 pounds!! When playing tees kids it's like running a track meet the whole game!! Run and gun!! Very good chemistry been playing together since 4th grade, they are family and play like it! #4 Quincy McDaniel is 6'2 but has the arms of a 6'6 guy

What did Santa bring you this year?

Ok Dragon I, based of this guys heights your point is proven! Lol I still stand by the heights I listed though. There isnt a kid over 6'2 though I promise. He did make a good point about Woodley, he is a big boy that can really move and uses his size well to get to the basket. 250 lbs is about right

Let me clear up a few things about Blevins, their starting 5 can flat out go but they are not very deep. They have two kids on the bench who can play, one of which is a sophomore. The rest of the bench has some talent but are very inexperienced sophomores. The way they are blowing people out a lot of kids are getting to play but by time regionals and hopefully state gets here Coach Kelton won't play but 6 maybe 7 players.

bleudog

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: monkeyman34 on January 24, 2014, 11:10:38 am
Boys High School basketball in class 4A and above= BORING   

Stephens in the late 90's with the Glover brothers beat any classification that was thrown at them.

Except JA Fair.

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: Kendanj@hotmail.com on January 25, 2014, 01:33:51 pm
and I can't say anything about jc because I have never seen them play but Blevins has played some of the same teams jc has played jc played lafayette county beat them 59 to 40 Blevins beat them 71 to 21 and their starters didn't play te 2nd half also jc beat gurdon by 16 Blevins beat them by 40 so if they play each other it's gonna be a good one

Blevins did not beat Gurdon by 40. And Junction City did not beat Gurdon by 16 either.

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: thabeast428 on January 25, 2014, 06:27:54 pm
Comparing scores means nthn jc has only played 13 games and only practiced 3 days before first game.  Gurdon was their 2nd game I believe.

Exactly. And, the first time Blevins played Gurdon, it was the Go-Devils second game as well. Their first one tipped off at about 10pm the night before. Gurdon is the only team to play with JC this year. I was told JC had about a dozen dunks in the game between four different guys and led by 15 at the half. The Go-Devils came roaring back and took the lead in the 4th. One of the locals here said JC has more talent than any high school team he's ever seen.

NEA Razorback olfan

Kendanj@hotmail.com

Well I know first hand cause I'm at every single game and yes the did win by 40 the first game and 20 last week ! I'm not gonna argue about what I know all I know is we will be there when the time comes

thabeast428

January 26, 2014, 09:57:31 am #108 Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 10:32:34 am by thabeast428
Yea it was only like 55-51 jc over Gurdon I believe that's right. Jc has a lot of talent. But just like any other team who went deep in the football playoffs hadn't played enough games and having to cram games in to get caught up but now they should all be about their. I know jc was beating PC by 32 at end of 3rd and the whole rest of bench played bc 1st and 2nd string played mostly til mid 3rd. But was nice is when bell came down and dunked over that guard right below the free throw line. Guess cause 2 assistant razorback coaches were there watching lol even though they were Football coaches. Oh and Jc got a visit that same day from Bielema I believe that's how u spell it. He went to eldo and maybe smackover, and pc I'm not sure

The_Devil_Himself

From the South, I believe we will see Junction City and Bearden from the 7-East, Blevins and Gurdon from the 7-West at the State Tournament.

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: Kendanj@hotmail.com on January 26, 2014, 09:53:24 am
Well I know first hand cause I'm at every single game and yes the did win by 40 the first game and 20 last week ! I'm not gonna argue about what I know all I know is we will be there when the time comes

58-29 the first time. And you may be at all the games, but I know how to read the scores.

thabeast428

Jc will be ready for Blevins if they meet them and it will be a good game but ya boys better have their running shoes on if they gonna keep up 4 periods.  That's one thing I noticed jc is up tempo the whole game unless trying to hold ball for final shot. Sometimes I wish they would slow down on offense.

Kendanj@hotmail.com

If they have a chance to meet it will be a great game for sure. And if it goes te way I think it will it's gonna be them two at the end

thabeast428

Hey i would love for the 2 best teams to meet in the finals and whoever meets in finals is the best 2 teams. Jc has been there last yr lost to EPC in semi's and yr before lost to EPC in the championship game. So with a lil coaching jc should be there again. If not idk if we have the right coach lol

Kendanj@hotmail.com

Lol hopefully Blevins will get over that hump this yr . If they are are not there with all that talent ten idk

thabeast428

Would make ya think a new coach would be in the picture. Only reason i say that about jc bc they have a team with talent and should of beat EPC in the finals but EPC was just too much especially with Madden that yr i believe. Most of jc boys r Jr's and sophomores other than about 3 guys i believe and only 1 Sr starts he is a guard

Kendanj@hotmail.com

Sounds like they have a lot of talent and sounds like they play the same game run and gun cause one thing about Blevins is they are in shape so hopefully they will meet

thabeast428

Yea hopefully but when u get to tournament time any team is capable of winning lol.

bdubyab60

I think a lot of people confuse athleticism with basketball talent. JC has a good mix of some good players but every player they have is super athletic. Which allows them to play like they play. I think that hurts them sometimes as their best ayers aren't on the floor.

PC was the team that the Madden lead team beat in the finals. When JC played them in the finals it was Turner and Sturdivant leading the way.

EPC has had some pretty deep talent during the run they have had. But come post season you want your best 5 on the floor as much as possible. And most games EPC would play 7 players big minutes.

hawgfan15

Blevins will get a good test this Thursday at Prescott

The_Devil_Himself

Prescott is tough at home.

markitdown

Thought the game is at Blevins.

hawgfan15

I was told it was at Prescott, could be wrong

Kendanj@hotmail.com

The game is at Blevins Thursday night!!

THA TRUTH

Quote from: thabeast428 on January 26, 2014, 10:14:46 am
Hey i would love for the 2 best teams to meet in the finals and whoever meets in finals is the best 2 teams. Jc has been there last yr lost to EPC in semi's and yr before lost to EPC in the championship game. So with a lil coaching jc should be there again. If not idk if we have the right coach lol

I know we don't have the right coach I'm not a fan of his at all

THA TRUTH

When they played epc in the finals that year he swore to his team that some white kid that wore goggles was epc best player he must have not watched a single game sturdivant was the best player in 2a period

bdubyab60

Prichett had a great tournament that year.

OldTimeCager

Quote from: ISU7 on January 12, 2014, 11:30:39 am
ADG has no idea of the teams in the 3-2A.....

Agree!  The Demozette does a horrible job of covering HS basketball.  It gets about 20% of the coverage that HS football gets.  20 years ago the Demozette did a very nice job of covering basketball.  On Sundays, not only did they rank every classification, they also had a list of top statistical categories by team and by player.  I understand that times have changed and the Internet is killing the newspaper and that they've cut back on staff.  But how can they do such a great job covering FB and such a lousy job covering BB?

bleudog

bleudog

Lions84

ISU7

Quote from: OldTimeCager on January 29, 2014, 03:11:24 pm
Quote from: ISU7 on January 12, 2014, 11:30:39 am
ADG has no idea of the teams in the 3-2A.....

Agree!  The Demozette does a horrible job of covering HS basketball.  It gets about 20% of the coverage that HS football gets.  20 years ago the Demozette did a very nice job of covering basketball.  On Sundays, not only did they rank every classification, they also had a list of top statistical categories by team and by player.  I understand that times have changed and the Internet is killing the newspaper and that they've cut back on staff.  But how can they do such a great job covering FB and such a lousy job covering BB?
Especially here in NEA.  no coverage at all. Seems to be going on hearsay...lol.

MomaLion

bleudog

Lions84

hogsfan4life

Have they reranked in a while? I haven't seen it if they have. Anyone have a link?

keohog

Quote from: hogsfan4life on March 07, 2014, 09:35:09 am
Have they reranked in a while? I haven't seen it if they have. Anyone have a link?
Don't think they will put out another rankings until after the tournament is over.

mtindian42

thanks for having the tree on the list...

Lions84

Well it is Number 1 CR VS #5 Clarendon for the State Title.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas