• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ADG Super Six

Started by bleudog, January 12, 2014, 09:14:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bleudog

January 12, 2014, 09:14:55 am Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 11:26:33 am by bleudog
01/12/14:  CLICK HERE

BoxNOne

Thanks Bluedog. Three from 2A-3 in top six in girls poll. That is strong considering the big number of players lost to graduation last year.

ISU7

ADG has no idea of the teams in the 3-2A.....

HorseFeathers

I know that Mountainburg-Mulberry is a Rivalry sort of game...but I wouldn't think that a top 3 2A girls team would lose to a 1A team that probably wouldn't make state....

BoxNOne

Excellent point HF. Looks like the pickings are sort of slim in 2A girls to me this year. For example, the 2a-3 has three of the top six. Marmaduke lost all starters and even though they are good this year, not nearly as good as last year. Marked Tree lost there best player(by far) from last year and have replaced her with far less talent. Rector has all there players back but they were sixth in conference last year. Just saying I wouldn't have thought this conference would be one of the strongest this year but it looks like it is.

Basketballfan13

Quote from: BoxNOne on January 13, 2014, 08:07:03 am
Excellent point HF. Looks like the pickings are sort of slim in 2A girls to me this year. For example, the 2a-3 has three of the top six. Marmaduke lost all starters and even though they are good this year, not nearly as good as last year. Marked Tree lost there best player(by far) from last year and have replaced her with far less talent. Rector has all there players back but they were sixth in conference last year. Just saying I wouldn't have thought this conference would be one of the strongest this year but it looks like it is.
It's hard to judge marmaduke by what they lost last year. They lost 4 starters I believe (pretty sure Callie Price is a returning starter). But they chose not to start All-State PG and possibly best player in 2A this year Bopp last year, she played better coming off the bench. The 6'0 post player was also hurt most of last year and never played but is back. So they didn't really lose as much as some people think. They won't be as good as last year, their best year will be next year.

Basketballfan13

I love watching Rector play. They can light it up from 3, but I find it funny that they are ranked higher in state then they are in conference. I believe they are currently sitting in 3rd right now?

bdubyab60

They are only separated by one game though. Im assuming tey are taking the NEA win in to account. If Marmaduke had been in the lower division it might be a different story. Plus after that NEA win Rector did beat some decent teams in their next tourney as well. Including a ranked Rivercrest team that beat Marmaduke.

Basketballfan13

Quote from: bdubyab60 on January 13, 2014, 08:56:41 am
They are only separated by one game though. Im assuming tey are taking the NEA win in to account. If Marmaduke had been in the lower division it might be a different story. Plus after that NEA win Rector did beat some decent teams in their next tourney as well. Including a ranked Rivercrest team that beat Marmaduke.
I think they deserve to be where they are. They have played great, especially recently (beat marmaduke, and great showing at Brookland). They deserve to be ranked where they are. I was just pointing out that it's interesting that they are ranked higher in state then conference, it's not too often you see that.

BoxNOne

Pretty sure Rector and MT square off at MT this week.

Lions84

Good to see Clarendon boys on the list.

MomaLion

They are doing really well so far..it's fun to watch em play :)

BoxNOne

From the results I have seen on FF there is no doubt that Clarendon belongs in top six.

ISU7

Same for EPC boys it woulddve been different if they played in Div II like they use too.

bdubyab60

Quote from: ISU7 on January 13, 2014, 11:26:37 am
Same for EPC boys it woulddve been different if they played in Div II like they use too.
Probably I havent been claiming we would have won the upper division though. However we have beaten several of the teams that were in the upper division. Just cant win a conference game.

MomaLion

Quote from: BoxNOne on January 13, 2014, 11:21:53 am
From the results I have seen on FF there is no doubt that Clarendon belongs in top six.
Thanks Box, those kids really work hard and I'm exited to see it paying off for them :)

ISU7

Quote from: bdubyab60 on January 13, 2014, 11:30:05 am
Quote from: ISU7 on January 13, 2014, 11:26:37 am
Probably I havent been claiming we would have won the upper division though. However we have beaten several of the teams that were in the upper division. Just cant win a conference game.
+1 8) I know just kidding around with ya Dubya60....

bleudog

Lions84

brock

HorseFeathers

Kendanj@hotmail.com

I don't understand how you can say it's a joke that Blevins is ahead of cedar ridge when u have never seen then play ! Come watch them play then u will see why they are #1!! Not taking anything away from cedar ridge cause they are a great team but if I'm not mistaking they lost every game spencer was out! Not only do they have an awesome 5 they have a awesome bench

ASURedWolf6

Rector beat Marmaduke at Marmaduke before the Christmas break.

Only losses are:

MT at MT in overtime.
Riverside at Riverside, without Gunn which was a big loss if they want to win the conference.
Valley Springs at Highland Classic who I believe is #1 in 3a
Brookland at Brookland who is a solid 4a team, also ranked in 4a.

brock

Quote from: Kendanj@hotmail.com on January 19, 2014, 07:27:26 pm
I don't understand how you can say it's a joke that Blevins is ahead of cedar ridge when u have never seen then play ! Come watch them play then u will see why they are #1!! Not taking anything away from cedar ridge cause they are a great team but if I'm not mistaking they lost every game spencer was out! Not only do they have an awesome 5 they have a awesome bench

I'm not saying they are a bad team.  I'm saying a team that won the previous state championship, that returns the entire starting 5 rightfully should be the number 1 ranked team.  They lost to  Brookland (top 10 4A team) on a buzzer beater and Salem a game in which both Reaves were out.  The only ranking that will matter is the one at the end of the season.  If healthy Cedar Ridge will most likely repeat.  ADG mainly goes off of records.  Records can be deceiving.  Who all has Blevins beat?

hawgfan15

Blevins best wins have come against Bradley, Kirby, Nashville, and Gurdon. Blevins still has a lot to prove being the new guys in 2A but an undefeated record and no one coming within 10 of them speaks for itself. They returned 5 starters and a solid bench. Cedar Ridge is everyone's favorite to win it all for good reason but Blevins should be right there in the middle of things at the end of the year.

thabeast428

Don't count out Junction city they r looking really good and will only get better in time. I think they have one Sr on the starting lineup and their 1st and 2nd string play about the same amount of time a game. Just saying they may have something to do with them repeating lol

Kendanj@hotmail.com

I understand where everyone thinks cedar ridge should be #1 but let me tell you it's hard to win it 3 years in a row ! And just because u are state champs doesn't mean you should be #1... You have to earn it it's a new year..

ISU7

Quote from: Kendanj@hotmail.com on January 19, 2014, 11:42:05 pm
I understand where everyone thinks cedar ridge should be #1 but let me tell you it's hard to win it 3 years in a row ! And just because u are state champs doesn't mean you should be #1... You have to earn it it's a new year..
Exactly, the Ridge has lost so Blevins should be number 1 at the moment. 8)

brock

It wouldn't be their third in a row.  Maybe you are referring to EPC going for a 3 peat, i'm not sure.

brock

Quote from: ISU7 on January 20, 2014, 07:39:14 am
Exactly, the Ridge has lost so Blevins should be number 1 at the moment. 8)

Blevins would have lost to Jonesboro and Brookland.  I highly doubt Salem, but we have seen what Cedar Ridge did with them when healthy.  I know Cedar Ridge will get everyone's best shot.  Everyone wants to dethrone them.  They have a big target on their back, but that is a good problem to have. 

Kendanj@hotmail.com

I don't see how u can say they would get beat by Jonesboro and brookland when u have never seen them play! They played cedar ridge earlier this year in camp and lost by 3 and 2 of their best players don't play then next day they were winning by 7 with a minute left and their coach got threw out so they left! They are beatable and can be dethroned by any team! But like cedar ridge boys told Blevins boys that day see y'all in the finals

ISU7

Quote from: Kendanj@hotmail.com on January 20, 2014, 11:09:51 am
I don't see how u can say they would get beat by Jonesboro and brookland when u have never seen them play! They played cedar ridge earlier this year in camp and lost by 3 and 2 of their best players don't play then next day they were winning by 7 with a minute left and their coach got threw out so they left! They are beatable and can be dethroned by any team! But like cedar ridge boys told Blevins boys that day see y'all in the finals
Oh there's no doubt Jonesboro would smashed them believe that. The Canes only lost by 3pts last week AT high powered NLR....

bleudog

January 20, 2014, 02:17:36 pm #32 Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 02:27:50 pm by bleudog

Quote from: brock on January 20, 2014, 10:16:50 am
It wouldn't be their third in a row.  Maybe you are referring to EPC going for a 3 peat, i'm not sure.

2013 - North Little Rock, LR Hall, Jacksonville, Pottsville, Harding Academy, Cedar Ridge, Bay

2012 – LR Hall, LR Parkview, Sylvan Hills, Clarksville, Earle, East Poinsett County, Mammoth Spring

2011 – LR Hall, LR Parkview, Alma, Clarksville, Rivercrest, East Poinsett County, Bay

2010 – Conway, LR Hall, LR McClellan, Jonesboro Westside, Earle, Hughes, Wonderview

2009 – Fayetteville, Jacksonville, Greene County Tech, Stuttgart, Arkansas Baptist, Conway St. Joseph, Guy–Perkins

2008 – LR Catholic, LR Hall, Siloam Springs, Lonoke, Rose Bud, Earle, Izard County

2007 – FS Northside, Jonesboro, Greene County Tech, Huntsville, Riverview, Junction City, Fayetteville Christian

2006 – LR Parkview, Blytheville, Dollarway, Buffalo Island Central, Guy–Perkins

2005 – West Memphis, Alma, LR Christian, Buffalo Island Central, Guy–Perkins

2004 – West Memphis, Mills University Studies, East Poinsett County, Altheimer, McNeil

2003 – Pine Bluff, LR Fair, Pulaski Academy, Altheimer, Weiner

Kendanj@hotmail.com

Well everyone is entitled to their own opinion but all I know is Jonesboro isn't in their division so they don't matter what matters is 2a and that's it! U need to watch them play sometime it might change your mind cause it doesn't matter if your 2a or 7a it matters how u play, cause I have seen teams in 7a get beat by 1a so that doesn't matter

thabeast428

I'm telling yall that yall r worrying about the wrong team

bdubyab60

I know all about JC. I don't have a problem with Blevins being ranked #1 they are undefeated and have wiinjng pretty easily. CR has had a tough stretch with injuries here lately. Losing to Jonesboro in a game where Spencer got hurt, next night playing Brookland in a tough game and losing at the buzzer and then losing to Salem without both Reaves brothers it was no doubt they would drop. If you don't have all your players you will drop. No biggie and if CR is healthy they are 10 to 15 points better than most teams in 2A.

IMO JC has the best chance to knock them off. As for Blevins, and I've said thus before, they put up these big numbers and wins. They haven't played near the schedule that some of these other 2A teams have. I'll believe in Blevins when they do something come tourney time. Everyone has heard about them and really all we know us they haven't made state the last 2 years so that anyone could see them. Most good teams go through this lets see if they hold up this year.

As long as CR is healthy they will be favored in the tourney. If they aren't back at full strength then it will be a little tougher.

Donnie Jamon

EPC beat the 4 and the 5 in 3A..  and setting in 4th place in conf..  Gotta get better in conf play

bdubyab60

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on January 20, 2014, 06:37:37 pm
EPC beat the 4 and the 5 in 3A..  and setting in 4th place in conf..  Gotta get better in conf play
Yep.

mom18

Quote from: Kendanj@hotmail.com on January 20, 2014, 04:13:34 pm
Well everyone is entitled to their own opinion but all I know is Jonesboro isn't in their division so they don't matter what matters is 2a and that's it! U need to watch them play sometime it might change your mind cause it doesn't matter if your 2a or 7a it matters how u play, cause I have seen teams in 7a get beat by 1a so that doesn't matter

What 7A team have you seen get beat by a 1A team??

Kendanj@hotmail.com

I've seen plenty! But that's besides the point they arnt 7a they are 2a so that's all that matters

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on January 20, 2014, 06:37:37 pm

Yes they do or they will play BIC in the semi-finals of the district tourny. I'd rather see those 2 battle it out in the finals. You can correct me if I'm wrong but I think the 1&4 are together & the 2&3 seeds are together.

MDXPHD

Quote from: bdubyab60 on January 20, 2014, 06:09:08 pm
I know all about JC. I don't have a problem with Blevins being ranked #1 they are undefeated and have wiinjng pretty easily. CR has had a tough stretch with injuries here lately. Losing to Jonesboro in a game where Spencer got hurt, next night playing Brookland in a tough game and losing at the buzzer and then losing to Salem without both Reaves brothers it was no doubt they would drop. If you don't have all your players you will drop. No biggie and if CR is healthy they are 10 to 15 points better than most teams in 2A.

IMO JC has the best chance to knock them off. As for Blevins, and I've said thus before, they put up these big numbers and wins. They haven't played near the schedule that some of these other 2A teams have. I'll believe in Blevins when they do something come tourney time. Everyone has heard about them and really all we know us they haven't made state the last 2 years so that anyone could see them. Most good teams go through this lets see if they hold up this year.

As long as CR is healthy they will be favored in the tourney. If they aren't back at full strength then it will be a little tougher.

Reaves was playing against JHS when they were still down by 30, then he got hurt.  Had no impact on the game at all. 

I don't think they are 10 points better than any team in 2a, but most of them.  JC, like you said, will have the best shot to knock them off.  I will go ahead and say JC wins state for 2a this season, even though it's still fairly early in the season. 

Blevins is one of those teams like Mt. View or CR a few years ago, going undefeated and thinking they are unbeatable, only to lose when they face their first real competition.

mom18

Quote from: Kendanj@hotmail.com on January 21, 2014, 07:16:23 am
I've seen plenty! But that's besides the point they arnt 7a they are 2a so that's all that matters

Give me an example. the point is you said you had seen a 7A team beat by a 1A team but you can't say who. I seriously doubt that could happen.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: mom18 on January 21, 2014, 06:53:38 pm
Quote from: Kendanj@hotmail.com on January 21, 2014, 07:16:23 am

Give me an example. the point is you said you had seen a 7A team beat by a 1A team but you can't say who. I seriously doubt that could happen.

Not 1A over a 7A...but Hector beat 6A sheridan a few years ago in a tournament in Greenbrier....Hector girls beat J.A Fair in a tournament in Hector this year as well...not exactly what your looking for but it's pretty close. and I'm fairly certain that a couple of current 1A Schools(thinking Guy-Perkins for 1) won the overall state championship back during teh 80's...

hawgfan15

Man I wish we still had the overall state championship tournament. Gurdon also won the state overall championship in '84.

Oldref

Tiny Parkdale won the overall state in the early 80's and were class B (Same as A now). Danny Ebbs was their coach and later coached at Blytheville and Henderson State in the early 90's. I am really not sure who they beat but I think it might have been Pine Bluff which was in the largest classification 5A I think. Anyway.... that was a long time ago and just remember smallest class state champs beat largest class state champs to win overall state. There are way too may classifications these days in my opinion. BIC played LR Parkview in the  semifinals of the last overall state in 92 and lost. BIC (Class A which was the same as AA is now) had beaten Jonesboro that year and the year before. Good small classification schools can beat some large classification schools but would have problems beating the best large schools most years. Back in the day the largest schools normally won the overall. First overall state was my senior year in 1972 and the last one was my sons senior year in 1992. My son played in the last one at UCA.

Batman44

Yup, I was at that Guy-Perkind game
Quote from: Oldref on January 21, 2014, 08:16:20 pm
Tiny Parkdale won the overall state in the early 80's and were class B (Same as A now). Danny Ebbs was their coach and later coached at Blytheville and Henderson State in the early 90's. I am really not sure who they beat but I think it might have been Pine Bluff which was in the largest classification 5A I think. Anyway.... that was a long time ago and just remember smallest class state champs beat largest class state champs to win overall state. There are way too may classifications these days in my opinion. BIC played LR Parkview in the  semifinals of the last overall state in 92 and lost. BIC (Class A which was the same as AA is now) had beaten Jonesboro that year and the year before. Good small classification schools can beat some large classification schools but would have problems beating the best large schools most years. Back in the day the largest schools normally won the overall. First overall state was my senior year in 1972 and the last one was my sons senior year in 1992. My son played in the last one at UCA.

bleudog

Quote from: hawgfan15 on January 21, 2014, 07:34:25 pm
Man I wish we still had the overall state championship tournament. Gurdon also won the state overall championship in '84.

1992 – LR Parkview
1991 – West Memphis
1990 – Pine Bluff
1989 – Blytheville
1988 – LR Parkview
1987 – Fayetteville
1986 – Dermott
1985 – Magnolia
1984 – LR Hall
1983 – LR Hall
1982 – Gurdon
1981 – West Memphis
1980 – West Memphis
1979 – Parkdale
1978 – Dumas
1977 – Pine Bluff
1976 – Conway
1975 – LR Central
1974 – FS Northside
1973 – LR Central
1972 – LR Central

Kendanj@hotmail.com

Blevins over mineral springs 69-29 tonight

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bleudog on January 21, 2014, 10:13:15 pm
Quote from: hawgfan15 on January 21, 2014, 07:34:25 pm

1992 – LR Parkview
1991 – West Memphis
1990 – Pine Bluff
1989 – Blytheville
1988 – LR Parkview
1987 – Fayetteville
1986 – Dermott
1985 – Magnolia
1984 – LR Hall
1983 – LR Hall
1982 – Gurdon
1981 – West Memphis
1980 – West Memphis
1979 – Parkdale
1978 – Dumas
1977 – Pine Bluff
1976 – Conway
1975 – LR Central
1974 – FS Northside
1973 – LR Central
1972 – LR Central

I know Dardanelle won the last girls overall title...the picture of that team is still hanging in the lobby of their gym....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas